Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E12: Baby, Come Back!

• Start Topic

Jenny goes out at night without Sumit; Deavan doubts Jihoon is responsible enough to support their family; Tiffany and Ronald go apartment shopping and worry about safety; Karine is concerned that Paul can't financially take care of her and the baby.

The title makes me think of the song....

Paul in the doghouse/chicken coop was hilarious. Yes, that is his panic coop.

Hopefully Kreenie realizes what she has in him. She looked dark, dirty, and unkempt today. Granted, with Pole as the prize....

Tiffany, you didn't look in to the cost of living in South Africa? How is your former addict and unconvicted criminal husband going to find a good job to support the three of you? Companies won't be fighting over him. Surely you have a few thousand dollars in savings with you to help out a bit. Living inside an electrified complex does not sound like fun. America has lots of crime but not all housing has electrified fences. You should have made some sort of plan as to how you are going to support yourself until Ronald can find a decent job. Fool. You cannot live on love alone. Maybe you can advertise some makeup jobs and make some cash that way for a while. Work at a store, a salon, whatever.

Baby Jihoon looked almost full-sized. It will take both of them a lot of effort to be parents to the kid. Both will have a lot to learn. Jihoon still had plenty of time to read up on babies, how to change a diaper, etc. He chose not to. Good luck Deaven.

Sumit, you need a better plan for Jenny. The woman is bored. You probably don't have wifi in your apartment and she needs to get out for some fresh air. She is also 60 years old and can probably manage to walk a few blocks in both daytime and nighttime. Stand up to your parents and fess up. If they disown you, you live with it.

• Love 22

I sure hope that barber got a nice tip for listening to the juvenile spat.

i wish this show had the two-hour format.  I would rather have had Laura and Aladdin and Corey and Evelyn than River and Jah.

• Love 20

Man, karine looks awful. But it’s good to know she’s running some sort of slovenly web cam thing off her iPhone.

i can’t imagine being holed up in a compound. That just looks depressing and miserable. 

Maybe Jenny can get a webcam gig too. Money problem all solved. 

I did miss the Laura and Aladin shitshow. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

Tiffany seems clueless in making proper parenting decisions. Children don't make major decisions regarding their welfare...their parent is supposed to do that. Her comments and conclusions about living in SA, not having money, safety concern, etc. should have occurred BEFORE she moved to SA and married. She irks me. 

Paul isn't perfect and his background filed with poor decisions, but, I don't see what he's doing so terrible now days. He's trying to get work. He seems kind to KarinI to me. She seems to be every bit what he says about her. So....I don't get it.  He's not so bad, imo. Maybe, returning home and sending money is the only option. I dont have problem with paternity test either. Seems reasonable, imo. But, she is so poor, I'd support the child even if it wasn't mine. Sad situation..

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 14
23 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

She had some kind of flesh colored tights on , I saw the cuff around her ankles. 

Scary. 

Normally their are pants underneath the top/tunic/jacket. Weird getting "flashed" by Jenny. Guess its too hard to notice people around you and try to fit in. And then double down with the attitude. Idiot Americans.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

giphy.gif

Tiffany is the birdest bird that ever birded.

Well this is my new favorite thing from this message board.  I knew I was gonna overuse the "hell to the naw" clip and I did.  

Now I have "the birdiest bird that ever birded"

What a time to be alive!

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3

Here's an idea, Karineeee, get off your ass and get a job! That hovel they are living in is disgusting. Has she ever worked a day in her life? I know she's pregnant but plenty of women work all through their pregnancy. I don't like or trust her at all. Everytime Pole asks her about the men she's talking to (in english) she changes the subject. So why is she talking to all these men? Shady, shady. Get the DNA test, Pole. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Tiffany seems clueless in making proper parenting decisions. Children don't make major decisions regarding their welfare...their parent is supposed to do that. Her comments and conclusions about living in SA, not having money, safety concern, etc. should have occurred BEFORE she moved to SA and married. She irks me. 

And she is already talking of making a baby with the loser. What the holy hell. She is already saying how unsafe she feels and is considering having a baby, just to make things even more complicated. Get pregnant right away and wait for your work visa? When will she work? Who will watch the baby? What drives me crazy is that she is asking all the right questions, voicing her concerns, yet ignoring her gut and all the signs that she should pack her bags and take her son back to the US. What a mess. She and Deaven irritate me the most since they already have children who are subject to these poor decisions and whose saftey and security are never considered first.

• Love 23

South Africa.... and Tiffany - wants 100% safety.   Oh yeah, righttttt!!! /s

Jenny, not wanting to be kept like a Mistress.  Well, he was gone for like a week.  Over react much?

Paul/Karine - no words are really possible.  Calm, calm, calm.

Jihoon, Deaven.  I like Jihoon, and his saying he's a bad father shows to me he wants to be a good one.

• Love 18

Frederick Girl Tiffany telling that real estate agent that where she is from they leave the doors unlocked...no you don't.  There is plenty of crime in Frederick.

All those cold shoulder shirts she wears are a crime.

Even the SA real estate agents talking about how they would not let their child sleep on the lower level makes one think Tiffany did not think about anything past sex.

Paul and Karine are in a no win situation. Pole wearing a bullet proof vest as he strolls thru town looking for work was a sad sight. I got to figure that the locals just point and laugh at him.

He studied sign lanuage and Spanish, he says he cannot speak it because he took it, wtf?

Pole's man cave is the dog house? It reminds me of the Temple Grandon's hugging machine with his mantra of "Calm, calm, calm."

Edited by Baltimore Betty
Forgot some of the ridiculousness.
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 18
9 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Oh my gosh we need a drinking game for these fools!

Everytime Paul does or says something stupid

Everytime Karine gets frustrated and talks about Paul being a tool

Everytime Tiffany says she is wondering what her future holds and wonders if it will all work out

Everytime Jenny says "I am here all alone in this apartment"

Any more?  It is kinda late for me and I am running out of gas.

That scene in the employment office was painful to watch.

It was also painful to watch Tiffany talk about wanting a baby with her unemployed Felon who can't get into the US and listen to the realtors talk about "Burglar Bars"  FREE DANIEL!!!

Jihoon and Devan are hapless and harmless.  Cute baby though.

My personal fave. If Daniel doesn’t like it we won’t stay. righhhhhht

8 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Man, karine looks awful. But it’s good to know she’s running some sort of slovenly web cam thing off her iPhone.

i can’t imagine being holed up in a compound. That just looks depressing and miserable. 

Maybe Jenny can get a webcam gig too. Money problem all solved. 

I did miss the Laura and Aladin shitshow. 

The thoughts that raced through my mind at Jenny from the block having a web cam. Shudder

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Oh my gosh we need a drinking game for these fools!

Everytime Paul does or says something stupid

Everytime Karine gets frustrated and talks about Paul being a tool

Everytime Tiffany says she is wondering what her future holds and wonders if it will all work out

Everytime Jenny says "I am here all alone in this apartment"

Any more?  It is kinda late for me and I am running out of gas.

Every time Jihoon says "I'm sorry."

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

How is Karine getting cell reception where she is in that little hut, that's way down the river, far from a large city?  I've never cared for her, but, really don't now.  So, where does she plan to deliver?  

So far, I have liked Jihoon and his parents.  It seemed like he was genuine in his feelings to support Deaven and the baby.  She is not convinced.  Hmmm.......

Tiffany's MD neighborhood may be nice, but, to boast that she doesn't lock doors.....I don't buy that.  Her talking head asking all these questions AFTER she got married.....Please. She's a pitiful excuse of a parent who does things jack asp backwards, when her precious son is just trying to please and occupy himself.  I still wonder why she seemed to imply that she cut his dad out of his life because he couldn't be ALL in.  Never made that clear.  Did that mean that his dad had to marry her?  If he's fit, it seems like his home might be an option for Daniel, if living behind bars isn't appealing.  Oh, I missed the part when Tiff and Adam were first meeting with realtor.  Did they inquire about his criminal background?  I can't imagine anyone would rent to a person with that kind of record, EVEN if they were dismissed.  Some residents might consider his dangerous and not just people on the outside. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 13
11 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Was Jenny wearing that dress with a slit up to her ass? 

I know--we got side ass!!  And we know she has long pants--no wonder none of the rickshaws would pick her up--she looked like a particularly desperate prostitute.  It was a lovely tunic, and it clearly was meant as as top, not as a dress.  She really does think she's a teenager.

Edited to add:  Every time Deaven referred to her fucking *planned* caesarean section as surgery that had to be performed right away because the baby could die and she could die, I figured the baby had a heart problem or something.  But no--it was a *planned caesarean section*.  She never mentioned that it was a planned birth.  She made it sound like emergency life-saving surgery without mentioning that it's a fairly common way for babies to be born; that two weeks isn't all that early (my last c section was one week early, and I didn't have pre-eclampsia).  It just seemed like she was laying it on thick to make Jihoon feel bad and say "I'm sorry" for the millionth time.

And Dracula seemed calmer with the baby.  Maybe having some competition for parental attention will be good for that poor child.

Edited by Mothra
  • LOL 4
  • Love 16

I've had a few students with Asperger syndrome in my college classes over the years. Pole in the chicken coop reminded me of one who had particularly challenging behaviors. Student knew his diagnosis and accepted it, but he had zero understanding of how it affected other people. He got stuck on minor points and could not let go even if I said we'd just have to agree to disagree and move on. He was smart and occasionally funny, but prickly and a little manipulative. That was a long semester. 

I'm not surprised Pole can't hold a job, worries about everything, gets upset easily, and makes strange decisions. I am a little surprised he agrees to be filmed. 

• Useful 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, KateHearts said:

I really, really love Jihoon's parents. They have embraced the situation with grace and class.  And he really does seem to care; unfortunately he got thrown into this rather unwittingly. I could see Deavan as the type who insists "it's ok" to go animal without birth control for two weeks - and then "oops! I must not have taken my pill!" 

I think this is exactly her game. 

Too bad for jihoon he was naive enough to get caught.  Devan is 23, she has a child she doesnt want to parent and is therefore wild, she has no discernable skills or education, she is completely joyless and.....teeth. 

For a local guy she is probably anyone night stand, at best.  I'm sure she has tried the "it's okay, I'm on the pill" routine more than a few times domestically.  It just hasn't worked, but no man wants to risk being stuck in a long term situation with her.  

• Love 19
7 hours ago, Kareem said:

Trying to figure out what exactly it is Summy likes about Jenny’s personality.  She appears to be a wet blanket 99% of the time.  

What personality? lol. She has blond hair and blue eyes. Doesn't matter that she's old enough to be his mommy. And looks every day of it. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10

Deaven, maybe you should have gotten to know Jihoon a bit before having a kid with him. Manipulation doesn't work forever. Both of you are immature. Doubt you want to move to South Korea when you live very well here in the US. You did find a seemingly genuinely nice man. Treat him well. You still have a ways to go before someone does stay with you. Maybe be more selective with men and actually use birth control. It may not work out for the two of you long-term, but you will need to co-parent. And you will need to find a j o b to help support two kids now.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I love and adore Jihoon's parents and I like Jihoon too. He seems like such a sweet, emotional guy with a warm and loving heart. His joy at seeing his child born was touching.

Right? She had a scheduled C section and just moved it up a couple of weeks! For such a drip, she's quite the drama queen.

Professor Google just told me that nearly half of Korean mothers opt for C sections. Sharp loves to put out the message that all foreign countries are backward, behind the times, dirty and poor. That's going to be a hard sell for modern Korea. Sheesh.

And her mother was JUST AS BAD. "They literally cut her open!" Um, yes, dimwit, its called surgery. And lecturing Jihoon, who was literally moved to tears at the prospect of seeing Deavan and meeting his son for the first time, about being a good father!

And Deavan, far from being grateful to have such a kind and loving man, is already bitching and complaining. Girl. Take a look at some of the other losers on this show! You have a keeper for sure. Try not to drive him away with your incessant whining. Feh. Love him, hate her.

I caught that part about the mom lecturing him, too - how rude.  Dude just got off a loooong international flight, he is excited to meet his baby and see Deavan and she says "Well now you are a dad....you have to BE a dad." or something like that.

Drama grandma:  "THEY CUT HER OPEN!"  Yes, well how did you think the baby was gonna come out?  Through her throat?

• LOL 12
  • Love 8

I am most definitely NOT a Pole fan...but Kareeeneee is a bitch.  Does she do anything except insult him?  At least he looks like he is TRYING to make some money.  All she does is sit on her ass and complain.  I did laugh when he climbed into the small enclosure and it reminded me of the hugging machine which makes me think he has some kind of mental disability.  Regardless of everything, he is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.  Karine will flip out if he goes back to the US to work in some kind of menial job for minimum wage, but it's better than what he is doing now.  I get that it's cheaper to be in Toncantin (?), but Pole doesn't have a prayer of making any money in that area.  Karine obviously speaks the language and seems to be healthy enough to work so...

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

It was also painful to watch Tiffany talk about wanting a baby with her unemployed Felon who can't get into the US and listen to the realtors talk about "Burglar Bars"  FREE DANIEL!!!

Well, maybe she can get on "Life after Lockup."

• LOL 16
  • Love 3

I'm glad Jihoon got to see the baby's birth over the internet, if he couldn't be there in person, and it was lovely that his parents could share that moment too. His mum in particular seemed thrilled to bits. I also thought that, when he was there with Deavan, Jihoon was sweet and funny. I don't criticise him for not knowing how to change the baby's diaper - reading about it and watching YT videos is a whole different thing from being presented with a live, squirming baby. I LOL'd at his comment about the baby's balls.

Jenny, you sad sack, just get your arse back home. Sumit is GAY, you are his beard and he will never be able to cut the apron strings. Although I suspect, from Jenny's face in the preview for next week that this story about him having to go back home was a big fraud anyway.

Pole and Kareeny are just the worst. She's had the longest pregnancy ever (it seems - although I might be conflating it with the miscarriage she had last season). Pole will never be anything other than a weirdo, creep loser with a terrible temper and zero life skills. He runs like Mose (Dwight's cousin) from The Office. Shutting himself in the doghouse is about the best thing for him.

Tiffany, maybe you should have thought about where and how you'd make a home for your son before you uprooted him and moved half-way across the world. And maybe you should have thought about how your husband would support you and your son before you got married. And maybe you should make sure you have a secure home and regular income before you decide to have another baby.

• LOL 4
  • Love 19
5 minutes ago, essexjan said:

Jenny, you sad sack, just get your arse back home. Sumit is GAY, you are his beard and he will never be able to cut the apron strings. Although I suspect, from Jenny's face in the preview for next week that this story about him having to go back home was a big fraud anyway.

I don't know if Sumit is gay, but I know he's hiding something.  I suspect a wife and children.  

It kind of upsets me that people think a man has to be gay if he's with an older/heavyset/or older heavyset black woman.  Like no man could EVER be attracted to someone who's not a tall thin blonde.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
24 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Well, maybe she can get on "Life after Lockup."

That sounds like a great job for her.  But, don't you have to live within a certain geographical location?  Please remind me.  Did Tiffany work in the US?

39 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I caught that part about the mom lecturing him, too - how rude.  Dude just got off a loooong international flight, he is excited to meet his baby and see Deavan and she says "Well now you are a dad....you have to BE a dad." or something like that.

Well of course he has to be a dad.  Devan is a piss poor mother looking to dump responsibility on someone else.  Trust and believe that "being a DAD" will mean that jihoon has primary responsibility for devans poorly behaved brat. 

I think devans life goal was to sucker some guy into taking care of her so she can do as little as humanly possible. 

She just didn't have the right teeth to be a trophy wife.  

Has she ever even talked about a job?  Druscilla seems pretty behind for her age so what kind of parenting/education is she spending time doing at home with her child?  Or is the tablet doing most of the parenting and babysitting. 

I like jihoon and I feel bad that he will be stuck for the rest of his life with someone like devan.  

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 2
  • Love 17

The real estate ladies had me rolling. As if they were trying to outdo each other. "Scream real loud!" "make sure you have a secret signal for you child so he'll know to hide in the closet!". It reminds me of my hotel days in Boston in the 70's-people from New York would always talk about how crimey NYC was; almost like they were bragging--"you'd never be able to wear that necklace in New York! Someone would rip it right off your neck!" "you could never wear a fur coat in New York City! You'd get mugged for sure!" Um, OK.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

I'm not surprised Pole can't hold a job, worries about everything, gets upset easily, and makes strange decisions. I am a little surprised he agrees to be filmed. 

I'm not.  I think part--a big part--of whatever's wrong with him involves having zero awareness of how he comes across to other people, how weird his decisions are to the rest of the world.  Part of being crazy is not realizing you're crazy

Plus being filmed is the only way he's getting any money at all.  I wonder if he can be paid in Brazil, where he does not have the legal right to earn money?

• Love 7