Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E03: It's Going Down

Drogo
Message added by Bort

NO SPOILERS HERE.  Click HERE to read the rules before posting.

Clairvoyant comments about who makes show group, point and the final team do not belong here.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, FutureDCC said:

REALLY loved Katy so I hope she loses her tummy and comes back next year like she said she would. 

I do too!  Not sure what Kelli said about her on the field (didn't catch it) but I think she is a good dancer and I liked her girl-next-door vibe.

• Love 7

Oh, Angela, you don't know the name of the owner of the Cowboys? Sheesh.

I still don't like Victoria as a dancer, but I feel bad that people felt the need to send her DMs to insult her. That is just so unnecessary. Although I love the internet, I hate that it makes it so easy for strangers to send mean spirited messages directly to someone. I was not a VK fan last season, but I would never be rude enough to send her a DM saying that she sucks.

Ashley is pretty in a conventional DCC way. Kelli seems ready to take her on the team already based on the fact that there are curren DCCs who love her. I get what she's saying because it just takes one person to ruin the team feeling of camaraderie, so knowing that she already gets along with the girls is a bonus.

I think Kelli was being generous when she described Meredith as laidback at last year's interviews. I had to laugh at Meredith's totally ass kissing answer about Kelli being the first person who came to mind when asked about who was a visionary. I don't think she has the power to do the DCC choreography without being noticeably weaker than everyone else. She just doesn't have the punch. Her dancing is kind of wet noodley and she stood out on the field in a bad way because she was behind at the beginning of the dance.

Christina said she has been asked what the stars on the uniform stand for but she still had a terrible answer. Girl, make something up! There isn't really a wrong answer as long as you kiss enough Cowboy ass.

Bret did not make a good impression on me during the first two episodes, but her solo was good.

Amanda gets points from me for her pointed toes. Honestly, pointed toes should be what you expect at a dance audition, but the bar has been pretty low lately (not just at DCC auditions - I see so many people audition on SYTYCD with lazy unpointed feet too and it drives me crazy).

Kat's solo was a huge disappointment in every way. First of all, what the hell was that costume? The color and the cut were so blah and boring. Secondly, I am not a fan of dances with props. If you're going to have a prop, then it better be awesome and you need to utilize it well, not just carry it around. 99% of the time, the props are totally unnecessary. But thirdly, she blew it by forgetting her choreography. As a dancer, I have to say that sometimes that just happens. You can rehearse a routine a million times and then just blank out. But it's how you handle it that makes a difference. You just have to improvise and sell it with your confidence which she did not do.

I liked Julia's solo from the little that we saw of it.

Jemila gets points for not doing a contemporary or jazz routine for her solo.

No surprise that Victoria was stumbling through her fouettes. When you do a solo in a situation like this where there are no required elements, ONLY PUT IN THINGS THAT YOU ARE GOOD AT. It's like when girls insist on putting leaps into their dances but they can't hit it 180 degrees. Why do you deliberately make yourself look bad by doing something you're not good at? Do you think that this thing you are consistently bad at will miraculously be perfect when you do it in front of a bunch of people at an audition? Be realistic and play to your strengths!

Malena's solo was not good. She didn't make any visible mistakes but there was no sparkle or pizazz. It was just there. The choreography wasn't very challenging either.

A lot of the vet solos were lackluster (Amy, Briana). I liked Amber's solo from the very brief snippet we saw.

I think that Bret and the show want me to think that she's feisty and driven because she's dancing despite having this joint issue, but all I can think about is how much damage she's doing to her body.

I'm glad that the producers put the girls' names on the screen for the kickline, but dude, how about leaving those names up for more than 1.5 seconds?

Madeline S. seems a little low energy in her interviews which I think would count against her if she weren't a legacy. Of course, on the other end of the spectrum we have Kat so pick your poison.

I like that Chance was fighting so much for some of the girls. I'd like to point out that some of the girls that the other judges said were too soft (Katy, Gaby) are not as heavy as Victoria was last year and she was given the opportunity to stay until the end of training camp. I think Katy has the power that Kelli and Judy want in their dancers so I would have taken her into training camp instead of Meredith.

Thank goodness Malena didn't make it into training camp because she really did not belong in that group. She was not one of the top ten new girls.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

still don't like Victoria as a dancer, but I feel bad that people felt the need to send her DMs to insult her. That is just so unnecessary. Although I love the internet, I hate that it makes it so easy for strangers to send mean spirited messages directly to someone. I was not a VK fan last season, but I would never be rude enough to send her a DM saying that she sucks.

Edited by Mardo2044
I agree no need to DM someone

I didn’t even realize there was no Kitty-Finals-Prep segment until I read it on here. That segment never bothered me before, in fact I liked seeing how the girls took the critique and made the appropriate changes to their solo/costume/etc. Plus, now we don’t get quotes like, “I’m a slut! I’m a stripper!” Ah, the good old days. 

Angela - aka she who did not know Jerry Jones, or Charlotte Jones, or apparently what state she was in - probably should move out of Texas if she ever wants to dance again. Don’t even go to a neighboring state. Go to Washington, or Maine, or France. Dye your hair. Change your name. 

Hilarious that Charlotte said Julia’s makeup was too much. And then they also take former DMD Ashley H into TCC? 🤷🏻‍♀️ Although I do think Charlotte looks the best she’s looked in years, I love her new hair color.

I really hope UCLA Katy returns. I thought she was adorable and at least had some had life in her. Why are there so many girls with flat, deadpan voices?! I know Kat is getting a little annoying, but at least she’s alive. Particularly Meredith and Madeline S. “I’ve 😐 never 😐wanted 😐 anything 😐 more 😐 I’m 😐 so 😐 excited. 😐😐😐😐🙂.” 

Dare I say: Victoria physically looked beautiful. She’s very pretty and did a great job toning up. I do wish 2 things: for them to darken her hair to a richer caramel (or at least tone down the blonde) and for someone to teach her how to hold her mouth closed.

However, I am not a dancer. I don’t know fancy dance terms. So I had to google “fouettés.” Yeah...so after watching an hour straight of incredible dancers and beautiful fouettés, it is really evident that is not Victoria’s strong point. Totally agree, @ElectricBoogaloo. Stick with what you do well and excell at that. Like Kat. She just pranced around looking gorgeous. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
6 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Texas is the Lone Star State, so the Star symbolizes that the Cowboys are Texas’ team. She also could’ve gone on about how the Star represents decades of tradition... five super bowls, more NFC titles than I can count, and the world class organization that is the Dallas Cowboys. But ultimately her answer was correct... the Star is the symbol of the Dallas Cowboys. 😂

If there was ever a time for a cliché pageant answer, this was it. She could have launched into a feel-good spiel about how the star represents the hard work and determination it takes to stay at the top of your game and earn the honor of representing the Cowboys, whether as a player or a cheerleader.  And oh yeah, ending hunger, bullying, and achieving worldwide peace.

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Pinknblue said:

So glad there was no Miss Katty segment.

After last year I am done with her. She’s not “direct”; she’s just full out mean, spiteful and unfair.

I don't see Kitty like this  I think she's just saying what she does for shock value.  I'd liken her to Simon Cowell. Just curious - are you a millennial or a gen x'er?  I'm Gen X and I think she's a lot like a normal coach or critic.  I find her hysterical.  However I have heard millennial say she's mean and awful.  I'm wondering if it's a generational thing or what.  

7 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Texas is the Lone Star State, so the Star symbolizes that the Cowboys are Texas’ team. She also could’ve gone on about how the Star represents decades of tradition... five super bowls, more NFC titles than I can count, and the world class organization that is the Dallas Cowboys. But ultimately her answer was correct... the Star is the symbol of the Dallas Cowboys. 😂

See I think I would have gone deeper.  I would have said "the star is a symbol of hard work and perseverance.  When you first come into training camp as a rookie, all you want to do is earn that star, and you give your blood, sweat, and tears to wear it.  My star represents my hard work to become a DCC and the pride I have in setting a goal for myself and achieving it.  So many women don't get the privilege, and I'm grateful to be one of the few who is blessed with the honor of having it."  The judges would have eaten that ish up.  

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Peanutflutter33 said:

Victoria won me over tonight. Her solo was beautiful. I literally said “wow” after her first few steps. 

My other “wows” were veterans Rachel W. and Hannah. 

I’m already tired of Kat; she gets way too much camera time. She should not have made it. Terrible solo and kick line. 

What happened?

I agree on Victoria.  She's rally maturing and coming into her own.  She's definitely better than Dayton and seems to want it more.  So glad Dayton finally let this one go because it was obvious it was mommy driving that bus and not her.  

To me Kat is the new Meagan Flaherty. (RIP).  She was the center of the show season 1 and got cut late.  I can see the same thing happening to Kat.  They wanted to like Meagan so much because of her look (she looked like Julia Roberts for all of you who weren't around 13 years ago).  At the end of the day, she couldn't do the choreography so she was cut.  She was cut a second time a couple of seasons later after making it to TC  I see some of the same parallels here, and I don't think they've had that story in a while where they want a girl so desperately because her look fills a void but the girl just can't make it work.  I don't spoil things if I can help it so I'm excited to see how it plays out.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, tdp1117 said:

I don't see Kitty like this  I think she's just saying what she does for shock value.  I'd liken her to Simon Cowell. Just curious - are you a millennial or a gen x'er?  I'm Gen X and I think she's a lot like a normal coach or critic.  I find her hysterical.  However I have heard millennial say she's mean and awful.  I'm wondering if it's a generational thing or what.  

See I think I would have gone deeper.  I would have said "the star is a symbol of hard work and perseverance.  When you first come into training camp as a rookie, all you want to do is earn that star, and you give your blood, sweat, and tears to wear it.  My star represents my hard work to become a DCC and the pride I have in setting a goal for myself and achieving it.  So many women don't get the privilege, and I'm grateful to be one of the few who is blessed with the honor of having it."  The judges would have eaten that ish up.  

Yeah. This nonsense too. 😂 She obviously froze up due to nerves. I love how offended they all became.... like it’s some miscarriage of justice instead of a case of nerves. 🙄

• Love 3

I remember my first cheerleader tryouts we had to make up a cheer.  I spent that weekend preparing this (too damn long) cheer and promptly forgot all of the moves the moment I got on the floor.  But since they didn’t know that, I just smiled, said the cheer and danced my butt off and made it.  So on that note, I felt for Kat.  Been there.

• Love 6

At one point I thought Kitty was funny and full of shock value, but over the years (two kids later), I have found her edit less humourous and just plain mean. I wouldn't tolerate my daughters to treat others with such disregard.  Kitty change with the times! Please offer real critiques without the put downs. 

• Love 13

Just watched it this morning. Wow Kat I believe is going to grate on me & what was that solo & costume?  It was like 90 seconds of poor improv.

Gabby I liked from years podcasts but thought she looked soft but not like VK soft from last year.  Also I noticed her knees were bent in the kickline.

Malena seemed lackluster. More impressed with Kristen.  Looking to see if  VK can maintain maturity & weight.  Don’t know what TCC are really going to do well.  Maddie needs a great choreographer, more true hip hop classes & please a different costume.

One thing that surprised me was the potential TCC were listed as Rookie until the very end when they were listed as Rookie Candidate.  Kelli should have caught that error

1 minute ago, ElenaFR said:

Please offer real critiques without the put downs. 

That is my issue with Kitty. You can be tough and give honest criticism without babying the dancers or sugarcoating your opinion, BUT that doesn't mean you have to be rude or mean about it. I like when she gives specific feedback about their technique because that is helpful and specific, but sometimes she just seems to want to insult some of the girls

Not helpful: "Ugh, what are you doing? Your kicks are so ugly! I can't stand to look at them!"

Useful feedback: "You need to work on your technique when you kick. Instead of turning out like ballet, for the DCC kickline we want a jazz position with your kneecaps pointed straight up. Keep your knees straight and don't hunch when you kick up. Your shoulders and hips should stay in the same place while you're kicking, so don't let them collapse as you kick."

• Useful 2
  • Love 17

Gabby’s legs were bent in the kickline and and she had a roll over her shorts. That’s never ok for a veteran. If her shorts were a size bigger maybe she could have skated through.

Even though I read the spoiler threads I swear I thought Malena and Taylor T were going to get through. Malena didn’t deserve it, but I wish they had showed us more of Taylor. Did she get asked about Me Too? I would have liked to see her answer.

I hope Katy tones up and comes back - she was fiesty!

• Love 1
yes yes yes GIF

47 minutes ago, tdp1117 said:

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, KnyghtRyder said:

However, I am not a dancer. I don’t know fancy dance terms. So I had to google “fouettés.” Yeah...so after watching an hour straight of incredible dancers and beautiful fouettés, it is really evident that is not Victoria’s strong point. Totally agree, @ElectricBoogaloo. Stick with what you do well and excell at that. Like Kat. She just pranced around looking gorgeous. 

I know I should feel a little bit bad that my comment sent you down a YouTube rabbit hole, but fouettés are beautiful and mesmerizing to watch when done correctly with good technique so it was an hour well spent! People like to put fouettés into their routines for that very reason (they're impressive when done well) but it drives me crazy when dancers like Victoria who clearly are not great at turns insist on putting them in. If you're going to do that, then you really need to work on your technique so that you aren't falling out of your pirouettes and getting off kilter with your fouettés. We're only on the third episode and she has had issues with her turns THREE times now so it's obvious that this is a consistent weakness for her. Your solo is supposed to show off your best skills, not expose your shoddy subpar technique. I guess it doesn't matter though since Judy and Kelli love her.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, NoChtngWhenEtng said:

Gabby’s legs were bent in the kickline and and she had a roll over her shorts. That’s never ok for a veteran. If her shorts were a size bigger maybe she could have skated through.

Even though I read the spoiler threads I swear I thought Malena and Taylor T were going to get through. Malena didn’t deserve it, but I wish they had showed us more of Taylor. Did she get asked about Me Too? I would have liked to see her answer.

I hope Katy tones up and comes back - she was fiesty!

When I saw Gabby, I was like, "Oh, no!!!" It made me sad to see her out of DCC shape. She KNOWS better. And it is a real shame, because she has a very unique non cookie cutter type of beauty.

• Love 9

I did look forward to Kitty’s prep class, even as her edits have been more snark than actual pearls of wisdom. I’ll miss that segment.

That said, In What Universe could she demand respect for that buffoon, then claim editing was not legit?! Media backlash was a hard truth too hard for Kitty Carter? Smh

She should go away, lose her part time job for a year. She just needs to work on a couple of things.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

At one point I thought Kitty was funny and full of shock value, but over the years (two kids later), I have found her edit less humourous and just plain mean. I wouldn't tolerate my daughters to treat others with such disregard.  Kitty change with the times! Please offer real critiques without the put downs. 

If Kitty was a mean and nasty woman, she wouldn't have stayed all night with the TCC a couple of seasons back to help her rework her costume and routine the night before the solo because it was so bad.  She's playing a character.  For many she makes the show, me included.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

So what was so bad that Kitty did or said last year that was so much worse than she’s said in previous seasons?   She’s told girls they look like strippers and sluts (Blue eyed Kelsey, Christina) and has singlehandedly got girls who later became popular girls cut (Britney S.) - what was so bad last year?

• Love 2

Kitty isn’t playing a character. Anyone who has ever danced with kitty will tell you she acts exactly like she’s portrayed on the show. Do they show EVERY side to Kitty? No. But the side they do show may not fit in with this new world... I mean if she were a guy saying this stuff in the me too world.... come on. Women are being held to higher standards now as well and I can easily see people being incredibly turned off by the side of kitty shown on the show. 

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Kitty isn’t playing a character. Anyone who has ever danced with kitty will tell you she acts exactly like she’s portrayed on the show. Do they show EVERY side to Kitty? No. But the side they do show may not fit in with this new world... I mean if she were a guy saying this stuff in the me too world.... come on. Women are being held to higher standards now as well and I can easily see people being incredibly turned off by the side of kitty shown on the show. 

I would love Kitty to take Judi's spot. I mean she is legendary and she gets girls in shape dance wise. I love her, but thats because im always around people like her including myself haha

• Love 2

Just had my first viewing of the episode--of course I'll be going back to rewatch to pick up on all the things I missed and look for the vets and rookies who were less featured in the episode. I didn't catch much or anything of Madeline M, Erin, Caroline, Daphne, Miranda, Molly, Savannah, or Tess, and I probably missed a lot of quick clips of rookies dancing as well (aside from the few who have been granted 90% of the screen time). Amy's solo was meh when posted online; it looked better chopped up and in a lot of slow-mo on the episode. I thought it was a kind of weak solo to start the whole thing. I was hoping to see some dancing and discussion of Miranda, who looked out of DCC-shape in finals photos to me, because I want to know what TPTB/judges see and like so much about her (it's always been a mystery to me) and because they cited Gabby being out of shape as the main reason they cut her. Miranda clearly was above her rookie weight last season, so I'm sure she's been on WW, and like others here, I'm curious why obvious weight gain is an issue for some vets and not for others. I'm sad about it, but I can see why Gabby was cut. 😒

Loved that Charm went to bat for several of the ladies, especially Katy. I do think that Katy would be better off taking a year to get into DCC shape rather than trying to lose weight and tone up in 10 weeks (or really, by uniform fitting, which is just a few weeks into TC). A year to do that just seems healthier and more sustainable than crash dieting and manic exercise regimes in the first weeks of TC. Of course, she looks healthy and fantastic and these are just the crazy DCC HD standards. I also want her to do something with her hair. It just looks a little stringy to me. Maybe some serious deep conditioning, some more glam waves or curls, and take out any extensions that might be in there. I really loved Katy's positivity, dance spunk and technique, and that her daddy made the trip out with her for all the auditions. So sweet! Come back, Katy! I think she would make a great DCC.

Edited by M1977G
Technical difficulties
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Angela - aka she who did not know Jerry Jones, or Charlotte Jones, or apparently what state she was in - probably should move out of Texas if she ever wants to dance again. Don’t even go to a neighboring state. Go to Washington, or Maine, or France. Dye your hair. Change your name. 

on that note - what state / city is she from ? This is season - what 15? And Charlotte has been in how many ? There was practically a whole season dedicated to Jerry HOF induction... Please don't tell me she came from another NFL team..

She would have to watch it in other non-neighboring states/cities too.. not knowing football details (from A-to-Z, for the past 100+ years) in places like Green Bay, Chicago... yeah... that could be considered a social outcast.. 

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I really loved Katy's positivity, dance spunk and technique, and that her daddy made the trip out with her for all the auditions. So sweet! Come back, Katy! I think she would make a great DCC.

Co-sign. 

Something about Katy just jumped off the screen to me.  Take the year to get ready and come back Girl!  I'm rooting for you!

• Love 13

Forgot to mention this.  I was meh on Amanda the last two episodes.  She seemed fine, didn’t hate her, was rooting for her basically.  But after yesterday’s solo clip and her talking head, I’m all for her!  She seemed to have just the right amount of sass and sexy (as someone mentioned earlier).

As far as Kat, it does seem as if they are trying their best to shove her down our throats so maybe we won’t hate VK so much.  But I’m still in her corner.  I think once she started her solo, it may have gotten better (the parts we didn’t see) and I don’t remember too much of her on the field so ...  But her looks definitely helped her get into TC.

I’m not mad at VK as much as I’m just damn sick of seeing her on every promo, every talking head, the high-fives.  But I was really pissed when they seemed to show us MOST of her solo (I guess to prove how wonderful she is).  I’m not a trained dancer so I don’t know if her extensions were good or whatnot, but what I DO know is that when I said I wanted to see more solos, I put an S at the end, meaning I wanted to see solos, not just hers!  And Maddie’s.

I like Maddie, but yeah, same solo basically with the same costume.  I’m over it.

Edited by VintageJ
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Dal8las said:

I would love Kitty to take Judi's spot. I mean she is legendary and she gets girls in shape dance wise. I love her, but thats because im always around people like her including myself haha

Kitty is too old. They need younger people when Judy and Kelli retire. Plus her hair. Ugh

• LOL 4

Maddie has never bothered me before - I've usually liked her, and I also like when girls do something different for solos. (I might have been the only person who a little disappointed when Amy didn't have a tap routine this year.)

BUT - I am getting sick of them trying to make us all believe that she's this amazing hip hop dancer! To me, the most telling thing was that the person they had raving about her was Melissa, and not Charm La'Donna - the actual professional hip hop choreographer! In all the shots they showed of Charm while Maddie was dancing, she didn't look blown away or impressed at all. She basically had an "oh that's nice" expression on her face the whole time.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 18

I liked the segment on Madeleine S. and loved her La Duca boots! I've always liked Amy. She's not a "power blonde" but I've always liked her smile and the positivity she brings. Rachel W. looked great. Heather looks fantastic with the subtle work she had done. So over Madeline M. Kat's facial expressions are like a cartoon character villain to me. I think Christina knows and has always known that she makes it in by the skin of her teeth. Girlfriend needs to get on the sandwich train. 

• Love 1

I wanted VK to take some of Kitty's advice, "don't do s*** you can't do." Her fouettes were not great. Compare them to Melissa Wallace's. She fell out of her pirouette at the first day of auditions. I haven't officially danced in years and still can do a double without falling out of it. She looks much better than last year but needs some serious technique coaching.  She should have watered down the tricks so she had complete control and could do them well. 

Kristin wowed me on the field. I liked her last year and was sad when she was cut but could see why. She looks more alive and entertaining now.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

for someone to teach her how to hold her mouth closed.

It's those massive veneers.  She can barely speak with those things. Whyyyyy do people do that to themselves???  She needs to get those chompers reworked. 

Sometimes bigger is not better.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Hildegard802 said:

It's those massive veneers.  She can barely speak with those things. Whyyyyy do people do that to themselves???  She needs to get those chompers reworked. 

Sometimes bigger is not better.  

Closing the mouth is just common courtesy.  Maybe etiquette lady will tell her.

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, VintageJ said:

But I was really pissed when they seemed to show us MOST of her solo (I guess to prove how wonderful she is).

Don't forget, she worked with a choreographer in California to get that solo.  They had to show most of it so she could get her money's worth:)

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

Could someone post a video of a dancer (female) doing actual hip hop? Cuz I’m as basic white girl as they come and even i know what Maddie does isn’t hip hop. Show me real hip hop!!!! 

Look up Dee Glazer.  Too many examples to list.  She can also slay jazz, heels and contemporary.

Here's a taste.

1st video - she's on far right, blond ponytail, white top, gray Adidas sweats.

Front and center:

Charlize Glass (recently on World of Dance and WOD tour) & Nika Kljun are others to check out. 

Or even 10 year old Amy Sinostage.

Edited by go4luca
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
55 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Could someone post a video of a dancer (female) doing actual hip hop? Cuz I’m as basic white girl as they come and even i know what Maddie does isn’t hip hop. Show me real hip hop!!!! 

Comfort from SYTYCD came immediately to mind for me - I loved her original season and she’s been back as an all star. Here’s a link to a dance she did with Jasmine (Kelli would die for those legs) and the choreography is by Nappy Tabs, who are about white bread as can be. But is fine and could make for a fun DCC solo. 

Here’s a link to a bunch of her solos: 

That said, I think there’s a place for Maddie on the squad, but I don’t get the hype or the showcase. Makes me triple think that Jinelle was plain robbed. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

It's not that it's not hip hop... it's just super basic hip hop with some flips thrown in to make it seem better than it is. Also, it's a weird choice for DCC solos because the DCC judges like smiley/peppy/clean/crisp and hip hop tends to be... not that.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, atinyblueowl said:

It's not that it's not hip hop... it's just super basic hip hop with some flips thrown in to make it seem better than it is. Also, it's a weird choice for DCC solos because the DCC judges like smiley/peppy/clean/crisp and hip hop tends to be... not that.

I don't mind the idea of hip hop at solos.  The idea is to showcase their best selves.  Maddie's first year she did hip hop, I think everyone loved it.  She sold the hell out of it and it broke the typical Erica jump in second splits with the overdone porno crawl towards the judges.

This year's Maddie solo was just a rehash, a yawn and didn't show anything new.  On top of being some weird vanilla form of hip hop.  All you have to do is watch Charm's face to see the truth.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

She's definitely better than Dayton

uh no.

Dayton can do pirouettes en pointe - without falling out. 

VK hopped the hell out of those turns in her solo.  By all means, not the hard and fast rule - but my daughter learned how to do turns a la seconde around age 9. 

VK lacks core strength.

I'm not disagreeing that Gabby had an extra layer - but don't say she disrespected the uniform by not bringing her A game.

VK and all her mistakes are a definite "I can do whatever the fuck I want and still make this team."

That is disrespecting the uniform.

• Love 20
15 hours ago, FutureDCC said:

Episode thoughts:

Seeing Gabby's cut made me really sad 😞 😞 but I did think she had a belly. Not sure why Maddie is given a pass though.

Sorry y'all but I think I am becoming a Victoria fan this season. She looked good in her solo, on the field, and had good answers in the interview. I'm rooting for her!

Why is Christina's chest always bumpy? And you've spent 2 years on the team and can't even BS an answer about what the star stands for? CUT please

Bye Malena. Bye Taylor T. Don't come back!

I'm not a fan of Lisa's RBF but if she can dance I'll give her a shot.

I REALLY loved Katy so I hope she loses her tummy and comes back next year like she said she would. 

I don't really get arrogant from Kat, she just kinda seems goofy. Not sure how she made it into camp with that solo and I wish they'd feature her less but I'm still in her corner.

What do y'all think??

I'm definitely team Kat.  Unfortunately she's getting a tough edit.  I have a feeling producers are telling her to be super expressive in her talking heads but her energy is not resonating with some of the audience.

Along with Christina's chest looking lumpy, she's always the victim.  "This is my 7th time in finals, etc, etc..."

Agree with Malena.  Please don't come back.

Hannah is a total rockstar.....her solo - WOW.  And I've never noticed Amber until this episode but she's an amazing dancer too.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, rungirl46 said:

Hannah is a total rockstar.....her solo - WOW.  And I've never noticed Amber until this episode but she's an amazing dancer too.

What we see of Amber's solo last season is amazing as well.  Hannah - I finally caught her in previous seasons, and it's her kicks that kept her out of TC.

29 minutes ago, chabelisaywow said:

VK and all her mistakes are a definite "I can do whatever the fuck I want and still make this team."

"Cause Aunt Kelli loves me"

29 minutes ago, chabelisaywow said:

VK lacks core strength.

But she can do kick line, correct?  Or is she relying on the girls on either side of her?