Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E03: It's Going Down

Drogo
Message added by Bort

NO SPOILERS HERE.  Click HERE to read the rules before posting.

Clairvoyant comments about who makes show group, point and the final team do not belong here.

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

This really isn’t very good.   A lot more trashy than sexy if you ask me and her legs are short compared to her torso.  I guess she’s considered a rock star now, but just in those few seconds I can see why they passed on her those couple times she tried out before.

She wasn't even dancing in that clip, just kinda strutting around and trying her best to look "sexy".  Honestly I don't get how she made it last year.  I will say something nice, she does have good flexibility.

• Love 4

In this day and age, you can hire a choreographer anywhere in the world to create a routine for you. They can record it and upload it online or they can teach it to you live via skype. There are lots of dancers who work with choreographers online both ways.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

In this day and age, you can hire a choreographer anywhere in the world to create a routine for you. They can record it and upload it online or they can teach it to you live via skype. There are lots of dancers who work with choreographers online both ways.

agree. and the same is true for visiting a choreographer for a couple of key sessions/lessons.  Hop a flight,train or Megabus(greyhound) and you're there, do the lesson, freshen up and hop back home, just in time for work monday/school morning.  It's kinda amazing what one can accomplish and goto in a weekend.

If its you're life long dream to have a routine that will please all dozen judges, no need to cut corners on the solo routine. These are the same women that fly across the country - 2-3 week apart for the audition rounds. And then the move if they make it into training camp.

Anyone know the percentage of the overall score is the solo routine ?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, go4luca said:

Here's a small clip of Gina's we didn't get to see.  I know they can't show everyone but I was hoping to see Gina's.

Now to me, THIS is Lyrical! Wow! Gina may be a little extra sometimes, but she can dance!

• Love 11
On 8/16/2019 at 10:13 PM, sATL said:

Maleana sure can run her mouth.  talk a lot with saying nothing. Must be a skill she uses in working in college football.

She just seemed really nervous and not handling the interview in a upbeat fresh approach.  I get it, she had her hopes dashed last year, but she seemed emotional still and lacked confidence to believe her own words.

• Love 5

I liked that Ashley H said in her talking head that the Mavs dancers are gone. I didn't think it was going to be covered. Also like Madeline S view of a legacy; that  you don't get to be one until you make the team.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Mardo2044 said:

She just seemed really nervous and not handling the interview in a upbeat fresh approach.  I get it, she had her hopes dashed last year, but she seemed emotional still and lacked confidence to believe her own words.

She may have picked up on the judges' attitude. They didn't seem excited to have her back whereas the bias toward VK was obvious.

• Love 5

I'm trying really hard to give Victoria a new chance, this year. But, she just leaves such a sour taste in my mouth, that it's really hard. Watching her do something generic and then have everyone respond like, "Oh wow that was the greatest thing my eyes have ever witnessed!" is just a rough thing to get through.

• Love 14

Malena never should’ve come back. Her cut was waaayyyyy more dramatic than what was shown on TV last year. I’m actually surprised they even let her in the building. I liked her last year, but I’ll never forget her crazy last year. I thought she seemed defeated, unprepared, and her appearance was greasy and not polished. I almost agree with the poster who wondered if they called her and asked her to audition for drama. Her heart didn’t seem in it from the get go. Time to find a new dream. 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Malena never should’ve come back. Her cut was waaayyyyy more dramatic than what was shown on TV last year. I’m actually surprised they even let her in the building. I liked her last year, but I’ll never forget her crazy last year. I thought she seemed defeated, unprepared, and her appearance was greasy and not polished. I almost agree with the poster who wondered if they called her and asked her to audition. Her heart didn’t seem in it from the get go. Time to find a new dream. 

I wonder if it was as bad as Nina Moch from season 2 or 3. I heard they had to edit that one too.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, Route66 said:

She may have picked up on the judges' attitude. They didn't seem excited to have her back whereas the bias toward VK was obvious.

22 minutes ago, poppysand said:

I'm trying really hard to give Victoria a new chance, this year. But, she just leaves such a sour taste in my mouth, that it's really hard. Watching her do something generic and then have everyone respond like, "Oh wow that was the greatest thing my eyes have ever witnessed!" is just a rough thing to get through.

I would like to know what it was like to go thru tryouts with Victoria - what did the other girls see/hear?  Were they coached differently?  Were they told to let her talk, let her do this, let her do that?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

I would like to know what it was like to go thru tryouts with Victoria - what did the other girls see/hear?  Were they coached differently?  Were they told to let her talk, let her do this, let her do that?

It may have been really stressful. She falls out of a turn and the judges laugh. She acted like she owned the place, high fiving the other girls as if she were a group leader. They acted like her panel interview put them at risk for literally dying of laughter. Favoritism is so toxic.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Route66 said:

She acted like she owned the place, high fiving the other girls as if she were a group leader.

I still laugh at the expressions of the girl's as she walks by offering high fives.  I think it's Tayler T. watching in the background with a look of you have to be effing kidding me.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I still laugh at the expressions of the girl's as she walks by offering high fives.  I think it's Tayler T. watching in the background with a look of you have to be effing kidding me.

I like Lily (think she was in that scene), but she’s got a *terrible terrible resting bitch face. It’s really off-putting. It’s definitely something she should work on. 

*I feel like I’m being mean but I have a fever. Maybe it’s making my inner bitch come out. 🙄

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Malena never should’ve come back. Her cut was waaayyyyy more dramatic than what was shown on TV last year. I’m actually surprised they even let her in the building. I liked her last year, but I’ll never forget her crazy last year. I thought she seemed defeated, unprepared, and her appearance was greasy and not polished. I almost agree with the poster who wondered if they called her and asked her to audition for drama. Her heart didn’t seem in it from the get go. Time to find a new dream. 

Good post, and I agree. Malena didn't seem like the LY Malena. She seemed more timid and kind of afraid, like she knew she wouldn't make it back. I'm sad about that. it's got to be so tough to go through TC, get cut, then try again.

And how "waaayyyyy" more dramatic was last years cut....  Inquiring minds want to know. 😳

In this episode I got a better look at some of the Rookie TCCs, and that was fun. I really like Amanda, Meredith and Lily. Kat I liked in the last couple episodes, but in this one not quite as much, not sure why.

I was sad Gabby got cut, because I liked her last year.

I hope Katy comes back more toned and makes TC.

I LOVED it that Kristin donned the mask, then ripped it off as if to say "this is me! Pick me!" I like her a lot.

• Love 4

I couldn’t help but roll my eyes through the entire clip of Maddie’s hip hop routine. I don’t even care that it was the exact same routine from last year, just rearranged. Many of the girls do that, so that’s fine, but Melissa sitting there and acting like she was witnessing a performance for the ages was beyond ridiculous. Honey, pull out your phone and go to YouTube if you want to see great hip hop. Sheesh. 

It would’ve been nice to see some of the AA girls other than Kat and Malena get focused on. Beyond the 5 seconds of the one girl’s solo, I don’t remember seeing anyone other than those 2. 

Meredith is another one who seems overexposed at the moment. 

I liked Katy and would’ve liked to see her make training camp.

I’ll miss Gabby. If she had weight issues all last year, i can see why they may not have been willing to give her more time, but I’m sick of the double standards. 

I don’t know how girls go into tryouts without knowing Jerry Jones. It’s not just that they have over a decade worth of seasons to see that the question will probably get asked, but Jerry Jones is the most famous NFL owner. There’s no excuse for not knowing that.

• Love 6
On 8/17/2019 at 10:49 PM, Dal8las said:

For yall asking for a HIP HOP video...here is baddie FORMER DCC SASHA MURDERING IT!

MADDIE TAKE NOTES OR DONT...girl bye 

Ohhhh I loved her so much! And IIRC, the judges were super into it too. Didn’t she close auditions that year? She was one of my favorite DCC’s. A mom, a teacher, all around kickass lady. 

Like I said upthread, there’s a place for Maddie and her approachable, NappyTabs style of dance, but hip hop doesn’t need to be watered down for DCC. Curious how Gina would do, for example, or Holly (outside of that one SG routine.) I always loved watching the lyrical dancers stretch into other genres on SYTYCD, and when the hip hop dancers would do the same. So many gifted dancers out there that can really do it all. 

• Love 7

I’ve been obsessed with this show since I discovered it in Season 2. I went on all the chat boards, got VHS tapes of the 2 hour special and Season 1, and have watched ever since. I actually forgot it was on on Friday. I remembered sometime on Saturday, watched it on my DVR and couldn’t have been more bored.

I can’t stand Victoria. And Kat is completely annoying. Kat, you are gorgeous and I suppose you have some talent but calm down. She’d be way more interesting if she wasn’t so manic.

I’ll guess I’ll watch but I am no longer enchanted. The “400” ladies, the showboating for the cameras. I am so bored by the reality show of it all. IT WAS SO MUCH BETTER in the beginning. Too much money and perfection is boring. So many stars that made up the team would never have made it today. 

Sorry for the rant.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I couldn’t help but roll my eyes through the entire clip of Maddie’s hip hop routine. I don’t even care that it was the exact same routine from last year, just rearranged. Many of the girls do that, so that’s fine, but Melissa sitting there and acting like she was witnessing a performance for the ages was beyond ridiculous. Honey, pull out your phone and go to YouTube if you want to see great hip hop. Sheesh.

I didn't mind Maddie's hip hop routine, but wish I could have seen the whole thing. Is it anywhere? I thought it was unique last year, though I was surprised she did pretty much the same thing. Maddie's on Show Group and I know they have appearances etc. through the audition season. Do they have time between rehearsals, appearances and their jobs/school to work out an entire new solo? 

11 minutes ago, KatebytheSea said:

I didn't mind Maddie's hip hop routine, but wish I could have seen the whole thing. Is it anywhere? I thought it was unique last year, though I was surprised she did pretty much the same thing. Maddie's on Show Group and I know they have appearances etc. through the audition season. Do they have time between rehearsals, appearances and their jobs/school to work out an entire new solo? 

Twitter.com/kristicowboysideline.  The video of Hannah just up this page is from that account.  If you click on media and scroll back until June 1, she has the routine in three parts.  

Edited to add, if clicking media doesn’t work, you may have to click on photos and videos.  And I apologize for assuming if you are Twitter un-savvy like me:)

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 1

I miss Kitty Carter. Last year was the outlier for me. Other than that, I have enjoyed watching her every year. Outspoken, colorful, direct, and downright hilarious to watch. (“Cathyyy, that move went out in the 70s.”)

Kristi Scales continues to be one of my favorite judges during the audition process. I don’t always agree with what she says, but I think her comments are honest and she provides a unique POV. She’s refreshing.

I think Bret has moments of cute, but something with the way she purses her lips when she speaks bothers me.

I’m glad they didn’t take Katy into training camp. If they cut Gabby for the belly flab, it would’ve been wrong for them to take Katy.

I think it’s tough to judge the solos from the tv screen since we can’t hear the real music they were using. Example: without knowing what she was dancing to, I can’t tell if VK was randomly flailing about during her routine or whether there was some musicality there. I’m sure it’s a licensing issue, but still.

Christina bombed the interview question about the star. I’m not even a Texan and I could’ve answered that. C’mon.

Charlotte looks softer this year. Her hair was too shaggy last season and it made her look harsh. This year, she looks much better.

Victoria’s interview answer about who would she cut (Kelli, Judy, or Charlotte) was clever. Well played, VK.

Malena always seems on edge to me. She’s a beautiful girl, but it’s uncomfortable to watch.

Kat should’ve had a better routine than that. And a better costume. I’m still Team Kat though.

I like Rachel W., but I will say I think she’s put on a few pounds and they've gone straight to her legs. She looks a little thick to me from the waist down.

Charm is a good addition to the judges panel this season! Like her a lot.

Amanda’s solo was strong, sharp, and a little sexy.

Was that a Flashdance/80s costume routine Lily was doing? I’d love to know what song she danced to.

I’m impressed with Kristen this year. She looks more polished, feminine, put together.

Poor Malena’s tag was sticking out.

Madeline S. Oh em gosh. Kicks for days. Good dance technique. She’s real, not made up. Love her!

Ok... Why are almost all the dancers in tights and bare feet these days? Maybe I’m just anti-germy, but ew. Put some dance shoes on. Please.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, Maven said:

I miss Kitty Carter. Last year was the outlier for me. Other than that, I have enjoyed watching her every year. Outspoken, colorful, direct, and downright hilarious to watch. (“Cathyyy, that move went out in the 70s.”)

Kristi Scales continues to be one of my favorite judges during the audition process. I don’t always agree with what she says, but I think her comments are honest and she provides a unique POV. She’s refreshing.

I think Bret has moments of cute, but something with the way she purses her lips when she speaks bothers me.

I’m glad they didn’t take Katy into training camp. If they cut Gabby for the belly flab, it would’ve been wrong for them to take Katy.

I think it’s tough to judge the solos from the tv screen since we can’t hear the real music they were using. Example: without knowing what she was dancing to, I can’t tell if VK was randomly flailing about during her routine or whether there was some musicality there. I’m sure it’s a licensing issue, but still.

Christina bombed the interview question about the star. I’m not even a Texan and I could’ve answered that. C’mon.

Charlotte looks softer this year. Her hair was too shaggy last season and it made her look harsh. This year, she looks much better.

Victoria’s interview answer about who would she cut (Kelli, Judy, or Charlotte) was clever. Well played, VK.

Malena always seems on edge to me. She’s a beautiful girl, but it’s uncomfortable to watch.

Kat should’ve had a better routine than that. And a better costume. I’m still Team Kat though.

I like Rachel W., but I will say I think she’s put on a few pounds and they've gone straight to her legs. She looks a little thick to me from the waist down.

Charm is a good addition to the judges panel this season! Like her a lot.

Amanda’s solo was strong, sharp, and a little sexy.

Was that a Flashdance/80s costume routine Lily was doing? I’d love to know what song she danced to.

I’m impressed with Kristen this year. She looks more polished, feminine, put together.

Poor Malena’s tag was sticking out.

Madeline S. Oh em gosh. Kicks for days. Good dance technique. She’s real, not made up. Love her!

Ok... Why are almost all the dancers in tights and bare feet these days? Maybe I’m just anti-germy, but ew. Put some dance shoes on. Please.

I thought I was the only one who thought this! It could've been the camera angle but she looked like she'd put on a few pounds. She still looks healthy though!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Maven said:

Why are almost all the dancers in tights and bare feet these days? Maybe I’m just anti-germy, but ew. Put some dance shoes on.

Ha, this germaphobe is with you on that. The other really annoying thing about the tights with bare feet thing is that many of these girls are choosing tights that are about six shades darker than their feet. It's not like we're back in the olden days when there was one shade of tights called suntan and you were stuck with that no matter what your skin tone. There are SO many different companies that make tights and in many different shades, so pick one that matches your skin tone better so that you don't look like you have one of those "I wore shoes and socks all day a Disneyland and got this hideous tanline from the ankle down" situations.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

I like Lily (think she was in that scene), but she’s got a *terrible terrible resting bitch face. It’s really off-putting. It’s definitely something she should work on. 

*I feel like I’m being mean but I have a fever. Maybe it’s making my inner bitch come out. 🙄

Lily NOT being the typical "I was crushed" and just having a bit of skeptism about the whole process made me totally route for her this season.  I think last season I was like, yeah that happens, she must be a blender.  Her "Victoria come sit with us" with lack of enthusiasm clinched it.  And her reaction when she made TC was just great!  I think if she makes the team she'll lighten up for certain. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Loodicrus said:

Anyone know the story about Marshall and Meredith (the judge, not the dancer).
There seemed to be some freezing moments between the two 🙂

I think just they were at odds about a dancer, fighting for their girl to make TC.

15 hours ago, poppysand said:

I don't think anything she did last year merits a second chance.  I went more for "resigned" as clearly TPTB want her on the team. The positive edits and staged "team high fives" all suggest TK had a talk with good friend Kelli about this season and how VK is portrayed. Rumored toxic behavior, an odd mouth and falling out of turns alone would be scrutinized if not legacy...they clearly like her despite that and like the stages of grief I've moved beyond denial! 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Doesn’t really matter. Scores are more for show and reference than anything. They pick who they want. 

Likely right, But does Kelli always have that grid where they are above or below the 36 count line?  I know they showed it in previous seasons.  I got the impression they did reference to see if someone improved over course of camp.  I didn't know ranking was based on scoring system but that would make sense.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Loodicrus said:

Anyone know the story about Marshall and Meredith (the judge, not the dancer).
There seemed to be some freezing moments between the two 🙂

It was about Amanda, Meredith said she didnt like her on the field and Marshall disagreed.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Dal8las said:

It was about Amanda, Meredith said she didnt like her on the field and Marshall disagreed.

It looked like there was something going on before that. At the start deliberations already, they were squinting to each other. But then again, editing may have altered the timeline (or should I say timelie 😁

image.thumb.png.8cde94cb55a5e8a7a6d3275d99b9dce3.png

Edited by Loodicrus
added pic
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Loodicrus said:

It looked like there was something going on before that. At the start deliberations already, they were squinting to each other. But then again, editing may have altered the timeline (or should I say timelie 😁

Definitely a “timelie”! I think they were just being silly. 

• Love 5
On 8/17/2019 at 3:03 PM, PrincessLeia said:

Could someone post a video of a dancer (female) doing actual hip hop? Cuz I’m as basic white girl as they come and even i know what Maddie does isn’t hip hop. Show me real hip hop!!!! 

this young lady and her little sister are my current obsessions 🤟🏻

2 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Brenda asks the dumbest questions. I think she has a chip on her shoulder and she wants to see the girls fail. I can't stand that woman. 

But she knows what side her bread is buttered on.....girl can whip up a tear for our girl VK!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Brenda asks the dumbest questions. I think she has a chip on her shoulder and she wants to see the girls fail. I can't stand that woman. 

Brenda is so antagonistic and bitchy. At least Charlotte covers over the bitchiness in a very polished, genteel manner to where some of the girls are too ditzy to notice. 

2 hours ago, Loodicrus said:

Oh, THIS was funny!!! 😆😆😆

• Love 4
14 hours ago, PBSLover said:

I’ve been obsessed with this show since I discovered it in Season 2. I went on all the chat boards, got VHS tapes of the 2 hour special and Season 1, and have watched ever since. I actually forgot it was on on Friday. I remembered sometime on Saturday, watched it on my DVR and couldn’t have been more bored.

I can’t stand Victoria. And Kat is completely annoying. Kat, you are gorgeous and I suppose you have some talent but calm down. She’d be way more interesting if she wasn’t so manic.

I’ll guess I’ll watch but I am no longer enchanted. The “400” ladies, the showboating for the cameras. I am so bored by the reality show of it all. IT WAS SO MUCH BETTER in the beginning. Too much money and perfection is boring. So many stars that made up the team would never have made it today. 

Sorry for the rant.

I actually think the opposite of today vs. the past as far as who would make it.  You think girls like Maddie and Amy could compete w/ the likes of Sasha, Nicole H.,  Ashton, Abigail, Nicole B., Tia, Emma, etc.?  - and they not only made the squad, which was bad enough, they put them at point and have them open and close tryouts w/ boring, unappealing solos.  Maddie isn’t even thin so that can’t even be the excuse.

20 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I actually think the opposite of today vs. the past as far as who would make it.  You think girls like Maddie and Amy could compete w/ the likes of Sasha, Nicole H.,  Ashton, Abigail, Nicole B., Tia, Emma, etc.?  - and they not only made the squad, which was bad enough, they put them at point and have them open and close tryouts w/ boring, unappealing solos.  Maddie isn’t even thin so that can’t even be the excuse.

I’m talking the Statue of Liberty size HD board. Thick legs, short and muscular, and lots of tummy flab. The girls were way better dancers and had more defined looks (you could actually tell who was who). 

That is what I meant. 

• Love 2

The judges play favorites that's how certain vets earn their spot year after year. How else can Gabby get tossed for weight but Megan C look heavy (to DCC standards) in the squad photo her second year. Gabby wasn't even that big, I mean if she skipped breakfast for two days she would have been fine.

I will always advocate for Christina. The girl is not a quitter. 

I think they skipped bringing Malena back to TC because of her dramatics. If she would have just cried instead of a full out mental break down she possibly could have been brought back. I don't think they wanted the chance of another Vivian poem. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 8/17/2019 at 9:40 PM, sATL said:

This whole issue would make a good DCC media training question.. I can see Brenda? (the new anchor who asked about MeToo last year) going after this question with a vengeance.. All we need is a NFL club to follow suit

Ooooo...that would be SUCH a great question!  I think squads like the DCC will end up being the outliers.  The Seahawks did away with their all-female Sea Gals this year in favor of a coed squad called the Seahawks Dancers.  Source: https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/seahawks-say-goodbye-to-the-sea-gals-adding-males-to-their-dance-team-and-renaming-them-the-seahawks-dancers/

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I think she always thought she was "hard hitting" with her questions but previous season telling Cat her dress was inappropriate was one time I thought she was mean.  Then for me any credibility she may have had was lost with the crying over Victoria.  "I have no words"

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Amy looked annoyed when Kat was talking to her during deliberations. 

I'm so glad you said this, cause I thought so too! Seeing Amy's face, it looked like she wanted to get away, but didn't want to be rude. Made me wonder how long Kat had been holding her hostage! LOL 😂

• Love 5