Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E03: It's Going Down

Drogo
Message added by Bort

NO SPOILERS HERE.  Click HERE to read the rules before posting.

Clairvoyant comments about who makes show group, point and the final team do not belong here.

• Start Topic

This topic will unlock at 10pm ET, following the episode. 

If you would like to post during the episode's first airing, please visit the DCC Live Chat while it's on: 

IM SO DISGUSTED!!!! OMG GIVE ME THE DAMN PHONE ENOUGH OF THIS IM CALLING THOSE DUMB ASS COACHES! IM LEGIT CRYING.

Gabby legit is in shape...this is the most disgusting thing ever. Ive been upset about favoritism and cuts before. However, this one is so ugly like not even the DCC pounds of makeup can hide it. Im not watching this season.

Im nauseous 

CHRISTINA! CHRISTINA MAKES IT! KAT! MADDIE AND HER CORNY ROUTINE FOR A SECOND TIME! THIS IS A JOKE! THAT KATHRYN GIRL. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Im actually crying this is the most brutal, blatant, bullish I have ever seen..OMG like I dont even have words...you can legit see Gabby's abs when she goes to hug the girls...im done. 

Edited by Dal8las
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, Dal8las said:

IM SO DISGUSTED!!!! OMG GIVE ME THE DAMN PHONE ENOUGH OF THIS IM CALLING THOSE DUMB ASS COACHES! IM LEGIT CRYING.

Gabby legit is in shape...this is the most disgusting thing ever. Ive been upset about favoritism and cuts before. However, this one is so ugly like not even the DCC pounds of makeup can hide it. Im not watching this season.

Im nauseous 

CHRISTINA! CHRISTINA MAKES IT! KAT! MADDIE AND HER CORNY ROUTINE FOR A SECOND TIME! THIS IS A JOKE! THAT KATHRYN GIRL. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Yeah I’m beyond over Kat, she is acting just like Veruca did last year like she knew she had a spot either that or she’s just that arrogant I cannot with her & poor Gabby was robbed, she was the sacrificial lamb unfortunately... 

• Love 9

I wanted to love Kat but she was flat. 

I loved that Charm loved on Katy and wanted to give her a chance. 

Our local weatherman has drank the Kool-aid.

Ugh, I would have taken Gabby over Christina. At least Gabby can dance 

• LOL 1
  • Love 18

I would have dinged ( made a comment) Maddie a little for closing out auditions 2 yrs in a row with hip hop. Actually I thought the first 8-16 counts were the same as last year.

• Love 13

So I guess Kat is getting the obnoxious edit to take attention away from the other one.   

THAT is bullshit.  They put the camera in front of you so you have to say whatever pops into your head.  You are  not gonna be erudite and calm and thoughtful in your responses.  Especially if you are not used to speaking in front of a television camera.  

• Love 12

Im sad

27 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

I wanted to love Kat but she was flat. 

I loved that Charm loved on Katy and wanted to give her a chance. 

Our local weatherman has drank the Kool-aid.

Ugh, I would have taken Gabby over Christina. At least Gabby can dance 

Im like forreal!!! Gabby legit just had to jump rope for like 40 mins and the giggle is gone. Maddie gets to giggle like a salt shaker! 

Edited by Dal8las
  • Love 5

Hmmm. No Pre-solo  sessions with Kitty?

She probably would have told Kat to throw away that cane.  actually it looked more like a magician's wand.

kat- Girl you know better for even bringing that thing. Surely you didn't do that in college and the Charlotte  NFL team..

I didn't know they allowed singing at finals.

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6

I guess there’s footage on the cutting room floor of Kat being humble and knowing her routine, Christina dancing strong, and knowing what the hell the STAR stands for, and tons of vets we didn’t see. I don’t care about dancing for an Indian cricket league or any of the sob stories.

Glad Malena is off my screen. The delusion is strong in that one.

Poor Gabby. The vets all seem to love her.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

No spoilers here i better leave before I mess up.

Now you know why I rarely come in the non spoiler threads.  Risky AF. 

Edited by go4luca
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, sATL said:

Let me ask - what does the star actually stand for?

Ive lived here for like since I was in elementary school and I don't  even know ...I just know its the lone star state and everyone loves stars period. Next question Charlotte aha

Edited by Dal8las
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, go4luca said:

Now you know why I rarely come in the non spoiler threads.  Risky AF. 

Last year was horrible for that.  We had the same convo going on in different threads.  It was easy to get mixed up

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, sATL said:

Texas is known as The Lone Star State. The Cowboys have used the single star forever on their uniforms. It’s iconic for the team. If Christina is coming to THE STAR complex for work, she could have at least given a bs answer about something related to that. Ugh. 

• Love 8

A shining point though is that Lisa is on fire! Now I have major speculation on future eps...on how certain things transpire as in uh not trying to spoil but..i two words...first word starts with an S and the other word starts with a G. 

giphy.gif

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Sad to hear the Mavericks don't have their cheerleaders anymore.  I guess "reductions in force (RIF) " also includes a team of cheerleaders. Wonder how much $$ did that move save? Isn't there a standard salary for NBA like NFL cheerleaders?

Edited by sATL
1 minute ago, sATL said:

Sad to hear the Mavericks don't have their cheerleaders anymore.  I guess "reductions in force (RIF) " also includes a team of cheerleaders.

RIF may have been the excuse, but not the real reason.  Mark Cuban has more money than God he can afford the staff and cheerleaders-- it was the sexual harassment complaints that brought about the end of the team.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, sATL said:

Sad to hear the Mavericks don't have their cheerleaders anymore.  I guess "reductions in force (RIF) " also includes a team of cheerleaders.

Wait WHAT! those girls can dance dance! Im friends with DJPOISONIVY ill have to ask her what happened was it Dirk's fault...jk hahah. Im shook ive been so behind on Dallas News...

10 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

RIF may have been the excuse, but not the real reason.  Mark Cuban has more money than God he can afford the staff and cheerleaders-- it was the sexual harassment complaints that brought about the end of the team.

OhHHH well now that makes sense haha. Mark Cuban is sketch af though like have you seen him in person shivers.

Edited by Dal8las

Victoria won me over tonight. Her solo was beautiful. I literally said “wow” after her first few steps. 

My other “wows” were veterans Rachel W. and Hannah. 

I’m already tired of Kat; she gets way too much camera time. She should not have made it. Terrible solo and kick line. 

44 minutes ago, StillHere said:

Color me (NOT)surprised that Rachel W's kickline field debacle didn't make it in this episode.

What happened?

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, StillHere said:

Color me (NOT)surprised that Rachel W's kickline field debacle didn't make it in this episode.

9 minutes ago, Peanutflutter33 said:

What happened?

Yeah what happened? *Disclaimer* I didn't actually watch the episode "live" as I have a prior commitment on Fridays

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Peanutflutter33 said:

Victoria won me over tonight. Her solo was beautiful. I literally said “wow” after her first few steps. 

My other “wows” were veterans Rachel W. and Hannah. 

I’m already tired of Kat; she gets way too much camera time. She should not have made it. Terrible solo and kick line. 

What happened?

yes, please do tell what happened...pretty please 🙂

Awwww VK did you take hits on social media?  Awww poor baby!  (Cry me a river!). But then she cut Charlotte and made me laugh with her and not at her for the first time ever.

Kat: this heat is gonna make my whole wig fall off 😂😂😂😂 I still think she’s cute, but I hope they stop featuring her.  I wanna see the others now.

I swear the opening song gets stupider with each episode.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

Kat was #44 in the solo line-up. Yes - solos should be polished year long rehearsed timed routines but some times one has to improvise /improve.

If she glanced at the 43 women in front of her, something should have told her , maybe I need to make a quick correction..

One of her "poses" reminded me of... 

ezgif.com-optimize.gif.4ad4c99799a3794bc4e2daffdf01615f.gif

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 20
  • Love 2

I found the episode completely boring. No Kitty, and only a little bit on panel interviews. Although props to Victoria for her clever answer to the banal "who are you cutting: Kelli, Judy, or Charlotte?" (And Charlotte and Judy need to lay off the botox and fillers. Charlotte looks even more like a mannequin and Judy's eyes have a strong slant now. I was watching old seasons and these 2 looked completely different) 

Kat, Get her off my screen! She can't dance, the camera is constantly in her face, she's boring. Kelli did not seem impressed at all and said she does not appear to be a trained dancer. 

Christina: She has also had too much botox and fillers. Last season she had some lines around her mouth, now they are gone but her mouth is totally misshapen. Her eyes have a different shape. The torpedoes. And her interview and dance were lame, boring, and awful. How did she make it back? 

I couldn't name 2 of these new rookies. But thank goodness Malena isn't one of them. I couldn't stand her last year already.

CMT: STOP shoving select girls down our throats! We have had the Malena show, the Breelan show, the Morgan show, the Karissa show (the one who didn't make the team) and all those seasons were the worst. 

So far, I'm bored with this season.

• Love 4

So all the "mean" things said to Veruca over social media is making her "prove them wrong?"

Well - she still can't do turns a la seconde, so she didn't prove shit.

I haven't finished the episode, so I feel like the rest - esp concerning Gabby will be a  bag of dicks.

• Love 5

Even though she dropped her foot on that turn,  VK had some of the best technique of all those solos shown.   Her arms and leg extensions are beautiful.   I’m not sure why she still covered her stomach for her solo costume cause she seems much more tone this season, but maybe she’s so used to dancing in those types of costumes she’s more comfortable.  Either way she looked beautiful and I think she came off great in the panel interview - lol her cutting Charlotte, but at least her reason made sense.

Maddie solo was the same thing she’s done in prior years and her belly looked soft and her face and makeup bad.  How they make her out to be some show closing “star” really annoys me cause she can’t hold a candle to girls who have played that part in past seasons.  Amy too - boring, mousy, unattractive figure, soccer mom hairstyle.  The two of them are two of the most non-DCC-look DCCs ever.  

Glad they cut that UCLA girl - her belly was a big problem and her legs are short and stumpy.    Her shape in general isn’t very DCC.

Gabby did have a soft belly - I agree with her cut.   I thought she was soft like that last season too, so at least they were consistent w/ their standards in this case (even though they keep looking the other way when it comes to Maddie still).

I really missed Kitty - did the girls not even do their workshop with her or did they and they just not show it?

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, MTTFan said:

Yeah that’s what I’m guessing.  Someone figured that it would be best to cut the team of hot-looking female dancers who perform sexy choreography in skimpy outfits considering their issues - just smart to err on the side that involves the least PR risk.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, MyFavShows said:

Yeah that’s what I’m guessing.  Someone figured that it would be best to cut the team of hot-looking female dancers who perform sexy choreography in skimpy outfits considering their issues - just smart to err on the side that involves the least PR risk.

I think its tougher for NBA cheerleaders.  You are right on the floor with season ticket holders that can let their mouths run.  At least with the NFL teams they are some distance away -- not that it doesn't happen, just not as up close.

Cuban probably made the right call -- better safe than in court.

• Love 4

Episode thoughts:

Seeing Gabby's cut made me really sad 😞 😞 but I did think she had a belly. Not sure why Maddie is given a pass though.

Sorry y'all but I think I am becoming a Victoria fan this season. She looked good in her solo, on the field, and had good answers in the interview. I'm rooting for her!

Why is Christina's chest always bumpy? And you've spent 2 years on the team and can't even BS an answer about what the star stands for? CUT please

Bye Malena. Bye Taylor T. Don't come back!

I'm not a fan of Lisa's RBF but if she can dance I'll give her a shot.

I REALLY loved Katy so I hope she loses her tummy and comes back next year like she said she would. 

I don't really get arrogant from Kat, she just kinda seems goofy. Not sure how she made it into camp with that solo and I wish they'd feature her less but I'm still in her corner.

What do y'all think??

• Love 8

My random thoughts after the initial watch:

1. I dislike Kat more each episode. I loved her during episode 1, less so last week, and not at all this week. Quite frankly she shouldn’t be in training camp. Katy outperformed her by leaps and bounds. But they love Kat’s look so tc here she comes.

2. Based on what we saw, Christina made it in barely. However I thought her interview was fine. I mean, what were they looking for? The star does represent the Dallas Cowboys. I mean I guess she could’ve gone on and on and on about all the championships, the tradition blah blah blah. Which is all the Dallas Cowboys.

3. I’m sorry but any moron who doesn’t know who the owner of the Dallas Cowboys is and blows that question during panel interviews should be given a lifetime ban and should never be allowed to audition again. Ever. Seriously. It just doesn’t get any more stupid than that. My 3 year old knows the answer is Jerry Jones.

4. Charlotte’s reaction to these idiots who don’t know Jerry owns the Cowboys is something I never tire of seeing. 

5. Gabby.... she did look out of shape. 

6. Victoria cutting Charlotte was great.... I love how she phrased her entire answer. Well done. 

7. Maddie. Girl bye. You do the same shit every year. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, sATL said:

Texas is the Lone Star State, so the Star symbolizes that the Cowboys are Texas’ team. She also could’ve gone on about how the Star represents decades of tradition... five super bowls, more NFC titles than I can count, and the world class organization that is the Dallas Cowboys. But ultimately her answer was correct... the Star is the symbol of the Dallas Cowboys. 😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Ok, did Charlotte really say Julia needs to lighten the makeup cause of how it looks on the big screen?  Pot kettle black.

Katie - tone up and please come back!!

Kat - wow, that was just weird.  That would have been a Kitty solo don’t.

Victoria - yes, her out of control dancing was a problem last year, but it wasn’t the only problem.  And Kelli’s got her blinders on.

Maddie - I did the same thing I did last year - fast forwarded through her routine.    I’m sorry but not a fan of her “hip hop”

Gabby - that was sad.  It always is.

The other TCC’s - a lot of talent and it will be interesting to see what happens next!

• Love 5
5 hours ago, sATL said:

Hmmm. No Pre-solo  sessions with Kitty?

She probably would have told Kat to throw away that cane.  actually it looked more like a magician's wand.

kat- Girl you know better for even bringing that thing. Surely you didn't do that in college and the Charlotte  NFL team..

I didn't know they allowed singing at finals.

Finals are theoretically anything you want to do as far as a solo performance. It doesn't even have to be dance.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3