Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E38: Tristyn & Lara

GaT

Original Airdate 08/07/19

Tristyn is head over heels for Lara, a mystery girl who he’s been talking to for years, but can never meet IRL! As Nev and Kamie investigate, facts surface leaving everyone wondering if anything about Lara and her love is legit.

Edited by GaT

This was a strange episode, they never really explored the whole thing with Lara possibly being a nasty person, & it didn't sound like she was really interested in being in a relationship to begin with.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I thought for a moment after they met that they'd be perfect for each other, appreciating each other's insecurities and so forth.   Didn't turn out to be true.  Both could benefit from some individual therapy.

• Love 5
On 8/8/2019 at 12:26 AM, GaT said:

This was a strange episode, they never really explored the whole thing with Lara possibly being a nasty person, & it didn't sound like she was really interested in being in a relationship to begin with.

Yeah, very strange.  They did just seem to gloss over the fact that she lied to him on Valentine's Day after allowing him to plan a nice date for them.  This season there's been a lot of rubbing the catfish's nose in his/her misdeeds, but I guess because she was at least who she said she was that was less important somehow.

And it was great that we got footage of Trystyn driving without his seat belt on there at the end.  At least he put it on eventually.  Guess he really learned his lesson about safe driving!

• Love 3

Huh. Bummed out about this one. Yes he seemed flat. And as a catfish enthusiast I was doing some conspiracy theorizing of my own :) especially after ep 34 :D

But as a mental patient myself, one could argue. Just to be safe: I don't know. Just an idea. He mentioned anxiety issues. One might be on some meds to keep all in check. Some stuff really dulls you down like you've never felt before. Just saying, and again, I don't know. Just an idea.

What I am bummed out about, is that on the way there, she seemed truly, like truly emotionally invested. She had to keep herself from crying multiple times. I was so happy seeing this evolve.

And then after 2 months discarding it because of trust issues. Kept hoping she was gonna walk into the shot and just be pranking us. A shame... So maybe she did have a boyfriend, or maybe we will never know.. Ahhhh

• Love 2

This was a really unsatisfying episode.  It turned out that both were real people who had real feelings and Nev seemed to help them each get out of their own heads and take the first REAL LIVE step.  Apparently they needed more than that.  Too bad, they seemed a good match in many ways. 

I was confused about the house Tristyn lived in.  Did you have to actually go THROUGH THE GARAGE to get into the house???  That was a first!  (pun intended)

• Love 3

For some reason my autism spectrum radar was going off in this episode...as the episode rolled out, I just got the feeling that he might be an Aspie and that explained his flat affect and social awkwardness. When he got in the car with Lara, he seemed to recoil a little when she touched his hair and held his hand. He seemed extremely uncomfortable with her touching him.

Trust issues after a few days? On both sides? I would have liked more info on that cause I’m not buying it.

• Love 2