Type keyword(s) to search

BH90210 In the Media

• Start Topic

So sad. When I saw a post about it on FB, I was hoping against hope that it was an old article.

How brave of her to have hid it for so long and to film BH90210 knowing what she was going through, as a tribute to Luke. Also, even sadder that she's known for so long and not shared it with her mother and husband, and only doing so because she doesn't want them to find out from a lawsuit.

I've been one of Shannen's biggest fans since Our House (I watched LHotP, but I was so little) and have followed her since. Prayers and healing thoughts to her. If anyone's strong enough, she is!!

• Love 8

From 2016. Interesting ... 

Before her frightening breast cancer diagnosis, Shannen Doherty received a surprising warning sign.

The former Beverly Hills, 90210 star tells ET that it was actually her beloved dog, Bowie, that first appeared to detect that something was wrong.

"She would obsessively sniff right here on my right side for a long time before," Doherty tells ET's Jennifer Peros. "So, it made sense when I got diagnosed."

"When I got back from surgery, [Bowie] again was kind of right in this area," Doherty says, gesturing towards her right side. "Then when I had my first chemo, she would sniff my entire body up and down. And she was always protective before, but she has become this crazy, protective dog. It's hard to get close to me when she's around."

https://www.etonline.com/news/194716_exclusive_shannen_doherty_says_her_dog_was_first_to_detect_her_breast_cancer

• Love 4

On the past couple episodes of Entertainment Tonight, Shannen was interviewed by her good friend Sarah Michelle Gellar.  As part of the conversation, Shannen revealed that besides changing her mind and doing BH90210 as a tribute to Luke, she also wanted to provide hope to those with stage 4 cancer, that when her diagnosis eventually came out people would see that she was able to keep working.  She mentioned that something she enjoyed about the show was that most of the dialogue (she specifically mentioned scenes she did with Brian and Ian) was improvised instead of scripted.  That was the first time I'd heard that, although it's possible it came up when others were promoting it before and during its run and I just wasn't paying attention.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3