Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: The Gloaming

Bort
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Tyro49 said:

So where is Tirnanog on that map?? I couldn't locate it.

Tirnanoc is the giant island in the middle of the map it is divided in to many sections but you can see the word Tirnanoc in large letters stretched across the entire island.

On 10/11/2019 at 5:25 PM, AnimeMania said:

Tirnanoc is the giant island in the middle of the map it is divided in to many sections but you can see the word Tirnanoc in large letters stretched across the entire island.

Thank you. 😊

On 9/18/2019 at 4:10 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I think it’s one of those things as “why would you say you’re half fae if you aren’t?!”  I take it akin to people who passed for white during segregation- they may have been passing for safety/social advancement in certain areas, but if a white appearing person told you in confidence “I’m actually black/negro/colored etc.” while living/existing in a white space you’d be likely to believe them because WHY would they do that unless it was true?! Because saying such a thing could get them killed.

Philo appears human, it would likely only be after an intense physical examination or a blood draw you’d be able to tell he was half fae(like extra blood vessels where his wings were has a baby or an extra internal organ humans don’t have but fairies do). 

Lighter in weight than he looks. 

• Love 1
On 9/3/2019 at 4:54 AM, oldCJ said:

There’s no way Sophie could have suspected Piety would start murdering people right and left including her own husband because of the secret of his other son. Sophie didn’t even know of the prophecy about the son being more powerful.

Yes, Sophie lit a fuse, but Piety was a calculating, kidnapping, murdering, liver-stealing black-magic psychopath. They were worlds apart.
And Phillo and Faerie girlfriend apparently dumped yet another dead body that no one has found yet.  

What was the point of Faerie girlfriend's attempted jail break via faked suicide? Incompetence? We were sure she had grabbed some keys or something in order to make a true escape, but .. nope. What are her street-smart talents supposed to be, exactly? The ability look disinterested at all times? 

And what a waste of 'magical' creatures. The most significant wielder of magic was a human: Piety. All the Fae 'people' were just stand-ins for minority race immigrants who get labelled with derogatory nicknames and confined to ghettos. 
Yes, the rising tide of nationalism is thing to be concerned about ... but this show is so ham-fisted in its approach that it feels lazy and off-putting. This show is basically a mockumetary.
Side question: Do other countries that have different racial mixes than England (such as China, India, Nigeria ) have similar racial tensions and discrimination? Is there a country that is considered the gold standard  for diversity representation? 

Can't say that I'm eager for more ... And I have seen news items that say the original creator has left the show and new showrunners have been brought on for season 2. Not a promising sign..

Edited by shrewd.buddha

Came late to the show on this one and basically left me ambivalent about what I saw. The special effects were well done as was the Steam Punk world building. The plot though was rather mundane and for the most part predictable. Yes, girl initially dislikes goat only to eventually pound mutton while creepy incestuous minded brother goes on the hunt; lovers then ex-lovers once again reunite; fairy tale creatures are the "skin" for the minority of your choice; Lannister wannabes plot for chaos and power; and evil Dark Disney villainess exposed. One extremely positive note is that they did not milk some of the plot lines and drag them out over multiple episodes. V&P met in the first episode and Philo's secret was revealed in the next episode and not dragged on. Other shows can learn from this. So with a shrug, I will not eagerly await Season 2 but will probably watch it when it does pop up, and that is all that matters to Amazon.

Edited by GustavMahler
On 9/10/2019 at 8:40 PM, Lorelei4895 said:

What did Piety use to make the Darkasher?  It was pretty obvious what Philo used to make his version and Piety doesn't have that option lol.  It has been driving me crazy.  Sorry to make everyone else think about it.

Super later but I've only just got around to watching. Tbh I was also wondering this lol - and I thought maybe menstrual blood. The Haruspex said you use what you use to create life, so sperm for men and an egg (menses) for women would be my guess.

• Love 1