Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: Week 1, Part 2

• Start Topic

Am I the only one who thinks that Instagram looks like it should have been written in big loopy letters in sparkly pink ink and then given to her friends to read?

Kristina...you need to not be on this show. You need something besides this.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
46 minutes ago, mertensia said:

Am I the only one who thinks that Instagram looks like it should have been written in big loopy letters in sparkly pink ink and then given to her friends to read?

I'm also imagining all the "i's" dotted with hearts.  I like how she goes on about how hard it is to have your stuff out there,  taken out of context and editing is mean etc --  then ends with how excited she is to share the rest of her journey with us.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

I'm also imagining all the "i's" dotted with hearts.  I like how she goes on about how hard it is to have your stuff out there,  taken out of context and editing is mean etc --  then ends with how excited she is to share the rest of her journey with us.

Damn! I knew I forgot to add something to my post!! Definitely little hearts.

• LOL 1
7 hours ago, chocolatine said:

She absolutely is, and I wish someone on the show (preferably Dylan) would call her out on it. Her doe-eyed shtick is already getting old. Both times she claimed that so-and-so kissed her, when it was obvious that she enthusiastically engaged in long makeout sessions. Reminds me of how Kendall treated Joe last season, making out with a bunch of other guys then crying about it to Joe.

But how can they call her out? Don’t you know that all women are strong and independent? Or victims? And men need to just accept and love these women unconditionally, let them do whatever they want, then propose to them after six weeks. Or they’re fuck boys. Those seem to be the only options on this show. (Eyes rolling). 

But for Caelyn’s sake, I hope she gets voted out at the rose ceremony. I don’t see her “story” getting better with more time, and she’s likely just going to contradict herself even more and dig herself a bigger hole that she’s not emotionally able to dig herself out of. 

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

But how can they call her out? Don’t you know that all women are strong and independent? Or victims? And men need to just accept and love these women unconditionally, let them do whatever they want, then propose to them after six weeks. Or they’re fuck boys. Those seem to be the only options on this show. (Eyes rolling). 

But for Caelyn’s sake, I hope she gets voted out at the rose ceremony. I don’t see her “story” getting better with more time, and she’s likely just going to contradict herself even more and dig herself a bigger hole that she’s not emotionally able to dig herself out of. 

Re the bolded:  You are thinking about the mothership.  BiP films for 21 days, so, depending upon when you join the show, it is max 3 weeks, which  means if you snooze, you lose!  (I'm looking at you Bibiana - for god's sake, talk to more than one guy.  And also understand that exchanging words is not making a love connection.)

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 5
37 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

(I'm looking at you Bibiana - for god's sake, talk to more than one guy.  And also understand that exchanging words is not making a love connection.)

Bibiana is so pretty, bless her heart, all she has ever had to do is make eye contact and the guy was hers.   What she hasn't accounted for is the BiP situation with lots of equally pretty girls.  Clay  said it out loud -- Nicole made him laugh during their conversation.  When women are equally pretty the one who is fun is going to win over the sad soulful gaze every time.

Six weeks? Twenty-one days? I think some of our spoiled beauty queens are expecting a proposal  after a one night stand.  I had a friend who had been the hot girl in high school, married her high schools sweetheart, then divorced after ten years and two kids.  Her first night back out on the dating scene, she met a guy at a club and went home with him.  Two days later she was crying on my shoulder because she had been sure the following day would be filled with flower deliveries and phone calls to make evening arrangements.   

• Love 4

Caelyn was more into Blake then he was her, and she thought by playing the casual sex cool girl she could keep his interest. I am sure she expected them to be the “it” couple on paradise and changed her mental narrative when it didn’t go as planned.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Re the bolded:  You are thinking about the mothership.  BiP films for 21 days, so, depending upon when you join the show, it is max 3 weeks, which  means if you snooze, you lose!  (I'm looking at you Bibiana - for god's sake, talk to more than one guy.  And also understand that exchanging words is not making a love connection.)

It seems like BiP used to be about meeting the other people in the Bachelor franchise, not knowing who was going to show up. Then, it was changed so that the producers would ask each person who they wanted to meet, and then stagger the entrances for maximum drama.

Now, it seems all these people have already met each other, have had extensive texting and facetime sessions, and even dated and had sex, all before coming on the show to "meet." So we end up with couples who are already in another phase of a relationship, taking a vacation for 21 days in order to be on tv. We even get Demi, who will pretend to like guys until her actual girlfriend shows up. 

It has become all very contrived for maximum drama, and nothing about the show seems genuine.

• Love 21
5 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

It seems like BiP used to be about meeting the other people in the Bachelor franchise, not knowing who was going to show up. Then, it was changed so that the producers would ask each person who they wanted to meet, and then stagger the entrances for maximum drama.

Now, it seems all these people have already met each other, have had extensive texting and facetime sessions, and even dated and had sex, all before coming on the show to "meet." So we end up with couples who are already in another phase of a relationship, taking a vacation for 21 days in order to be on tv. We even get Demi, who will pretend to like guys until her actual girlfriend shows up. 

It has become all very contrived for maximum drama, and nothing about the show seems genuine.

Which is why I had such high hopes for the US version of Love Island this summer, but somehow CBS managed to screw up that show, too. 

• Love 1

I look at Bibiana, and all I see is the "Octomom" who had all those kids.  Younger, of course. 

2 hours ago, HighwayFlower said:

Caelyn was more into Blake then he was her, and she thought by playing the casual sex cool girl she could keep his interest. I am sure she expected them to be the “it” couple on paradise and changed her mental narrative when it didn’t go as planned.

I think that's it EXACTLY. 

"CaKe" would have been the new "JaNner".   

(Carly & Evan are too odious and slimy to have their own combined name.)

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Yes, back in the Bachelor Pad days when there was a lot of money at stake.  Now what's at stake is Instagram followers and $$ from being an "influencer".  You have to stay in the public eye as long as you can however which way you can to maximize the return.  Even if it means pimping out your kids (Amanda, I'm looking at you).

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I’m a woman, consider myself a feminist, am all for women being strong and not being shamed for being sexual. And I couldn’t agree more with this post. If a man behaved like Hannah B did as Bachelorette or as Caelynn did not taking no for an answer then playing the complete victim, I can’t imagine the outrage. 

There were endless jokes about Colton’s virginity. Apparently he wasn’t considered enough of a man. Female virgins his age experience some shame, but nothing like he did. Some guys even find it kind of sexy to be with a female virgin. Colton experienced so much ridicule, that there must be something wrong with him, maybe he’s gay, etc. I get that an attractive male athlete his age being a virgin is unexpected, but people wouldn’t shut up about it. He didn’t kill anyone. 

Hannah could do whatever the heck she wanted, yell at men who didn’t even do anything to her, have no rules apply to her because she was Bachelorette, but expect the guys to be 100% about her without even knowing her, they weren’t even allowed to get upset because it would then upset her somehow despite her supposedly being oh so strong. Then she bragged about getting it on with Peter right in front of his parents. If a man yelled at women for no reason other than being frustrated by the process, threw tantrums, cried all the time and had rose ceremonies canceled, bragged about all the sex he had in front of not only America but his conquest’s parents, would he be applauded like he’s a role model?

If a woman tells a man “no, I don’t want to have a hook up. I know this isn’t a good idea, do not come over.” Then the man comes over, would he not be considered a huge creep? 

These men are shamed for being virgins and for being single guys who engage in casual sex. 

I’m glad a lot of us are in agreement that the way Caelynn portrayed what happened wasn’t fair. Just as women care about their reputations, I’m sure men don’t appreciate getting sleaze-ball creeper reputations. The respect needs to go both ways. 

Awesome post and glad you shared. It’s clear ABC/this franchise has a very warped understanding of female empowerment. 

Let’s also not forget Demi blindfolding Colton then rubbing his crotch with a ventriloquist arm or something. I don’t remember her asking him for permission.  I’m pretty sure a man would be kicked off the show and sued for sexual assault/harassment if he did that to a Bachelorette, but for Demi it’s “just a joke” and funny. ABC is now showcasing her because she does stuff like this. And she’s going around judging/condemning the guys based on what she’s heard they’ve done. 

• Love 14
33 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Awesome post and glad you shared. It’s clear ABC/this franchise has a very warped understanding of female empowerment. 

Let’s also not forget Demi blindfolding Colton then rubbing his crotch with a ventriloquist arm or something. I don’t remember her asking him for permission.  I’m pretty sure a man would be kicked off the show and sued for sexual assault/harassment if he did that to a Bachelorette, but for Demi it’s “just a joke” and funny. ABC is now showcasing her because she does stuff like this. And she’s going around judging/condemning the guys based on what she’s heard they’ve done. 

Thank you! I completely agree with you. 

I don’t remember Demi doing that! You’re absolutely right. If the genders were reversed, even if I missed that episode or that part, I’m sure it would have been all over the news and I would have heard about it somehow. I’m pretty new to this franchise (got into it with Colton’s season) and wasn’t sure if all this bs was a recent thing or just what I can expect watching these silly shows. 

I have been enjoying these as guilty pleasure TV, but I don’t like how the men are treated and their indeed warped ideas of female empowerment. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I’m a woman, consider myself a feminist, am all for women being strong and not being shamed for being sexual. And I couldn’t agree more with this post. If a man behaved like Hannah B did as Bachelorette or as Caelynn did not taking no for an answer then playing the complete victim, I can’t imagine the outrage. 

There were endless jokes about Colton’s virginity. Apparently he wasn’t considered enough of a man. Female virgins his age experience some shame, but nothing like he did. Some guys even find it kind of sexy to be with a female virgin. Colton experienced so much ridicule, that there must be something wrong with him, maybe he’s gay, etc. I get that an attractive male athlete his age being a virgin is unexpected, but people wouldn’t shut up about it. He didn’t kill anyone. 

Hannah could do whatever the heck she wanted, yell at men who didn’t even do anything to her, have no rules apply to her because she was Bachelorette, but expect the guys to be 100% about her without even knowing her, they weren’t even allowed to get upset because it would then upset her somehow despite her supposedly being oh so strong. Then she bragged about getting it on with Peter right in front of his parents. If a man yelled at women for no reason other than being frustrated by the process, threw tantrums, cried all the time and had rose ceremonies canceled, bragged about all the sex he had in front of not only America but his conquest’s parents, would he be applauded like he’s a role model?

If a woman tells a man “no, I don’t want to have a hook up. I know this isn’t a good idea, do not come over.” Then the man comes over, would he not be considered a huge creep? 

These men are shamed for being virgins and for being single guys who engage in casual sex. 

I’m glad a lot of us are in agreement that the way Caelynn portrayed what happened wasn’t fair. Just as women care about their reputations, I’m sure men don’t appreciate getting sleaze-ball creeper reputations. The respect needs to go both ways. 

I totally agree. I’m having a little boy in December , and while most people always argued that it’s tough having a girl because she has to always wonder what a mans intentions are and what a guy will do to her or see her as  , I’m scared to raise a boy . In today’s society , anything a guy does is wrong and if a girl makes any accusation against him , it doesn’t matter if it’s true or not .. he’s guilty . I’m in no way saying most girls lie all the time or exaggerate like Caelynn did .. but the truth of the matter is there is a huge double standard as you mentioned . Look what happened on Corinne and Demario’s season . She almost ruined his life and made the whole thing up because she didn’t want to get caught for having a boyfriend and cheating on him . It’s a scary world . 

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
13 hours ago, DEL901 said:

They let Ashley I bring her sister....

i didnt agree with that either. normally as we have seen someone comes to the show with a prior girlfriend they get crucified-as soon as I saw the preview I was like great--another season of a girl humping someone--didnt we get enough of that on hannas season?

4 hours ago, Stan39 said:

or corinne humping nick in a bounce house <eyeroll>

• Love 1
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

for the life of me, i do not understand how an almost miss usa has taken this road, especially in light of her personal tradgedy--why does she go on shows like this and allow people to take advantage of her? I seriously think she needs an intervention.....I would love to see her get stronger emotionally and use her "fame" or pageant connections to speak about against abuse or do something to help her move on, I look at her and I just see a very troubled person and I want her to get better. I wonder how concerned her family is? I know i am and I dont even know her.

6 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Which is why I had such high hopes for the US version of Love Island this summer, but somehow CBS managed to screw up that show, too. 

by the way, why is Hannah G so fickle?? why does she kiss every guy who tries? and omg, JPJ looks like the worst kisser ever, blech. too bad as he is adorable. but exhausting.

O.M.G.  I confess that Kristina is the only person I know on this show as I am only a random and casual Bachelor(ette) watcher.  

But.

Blake is the ugliest , square-headed fuckboy (whichever girl said that absolutely called it).  And the whiniest, immature douche.  What do these women see in him?  What?  Holy shit.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I totally agree. I’m having a little boy in December , and while most people always argued that it’s tough having a girl because she has to always wonder what a mans intentions are and what a guy will do to her or see her as  , I’m scared to raise a boy . In today’s society , anything a guy does is wrong and if a girl makes any accusation against him , it doesn’t matter if it’s true or not .. he’s guilty . I’m in no way saying most girls lie all the time or exaggerate like Caelynn did .. but the truth of the matter is there is a huge double standard as you mentioned . Look what happened on Corinne and Demario’s season . She almost ruined his life and made the whole thing up because she didn’t want to get caught for having a boyfriend and cheating on him . It’s a scary world . 

First of all, congratulations on your little boy!

It's definitely scary either way, and I wish there weren't these double standards. I'm not familiar with Corinne and Demario, but if she lied about him, horrible. There are lots of men who treat women like objects and have zero regard for their feelings. That's one reason I felt awful for Caelynn at first regarding Blake's alleged treatment of her (still feel bad about her past and that she's struggling). I know a lot of men who are exactly like she's described. But women can very much be aggressive, promiscuous, and manipulative. Females aren't all these pure innocent creatures that only ever get taken advantage of. They have sexual needs too, and some of them play all kinds of games with men in order to get what they want and/or when they don't get what they want. Sounds like Caelynn did both. 

I'd be furious if someone spun a story around to vilify me in front of the whole world. Not everyone can manipulate like Caelynn can, and maybe she knew Blake wouldn't do a good job defending himself. She was aware he knew messing around with her was a bad idea in the first place and that he felt bad about it after the fact.

I'm sure he knows society is all about believing women and not taking advantage of them. If he hadn't leaked the texts, would people believe him even if he tried to explain better in a future show-that she was the one who insisted on hooking up with him, promised she wouldn't catch feelings, and showed up at his place against his will? Or would people think, yeah right buddy, she's the young pretty lady who's an assault victim and you're the one with all the testosterone! Of course you must have led her on and gotten her into bed! Men are only ever after one thing! 

Blake's only been guilty of living his life exactly the way other people do on these shows. Luke can't say he doesn't want someone he's in love with and wants to propose to, to have just slept with other men, but Blake is awful for hooking up with women when he has no girlfriend nor plans to get engaged in the immediate future? Makes no sense. If these girls get emotionally involved sleeping with men casually, stop doing it! And I don't see this as shaming or victim blaming. I would never say Caelynn asked for what happened to her in college or that she has to be abstinent as a result of it. Ever. Many women can't handle casual hook-ups without catching feelings, no matter what their history has been with men and sex. I thought anyone past their teen years knew this. 

• Love 10
6 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Blake's only been guilty of living his life exactly the way other people do on these shows. Luke can't say he doesn't want someone he's in love with and wants to propose to, to have just slept with other men, but Blake is awful for hooking up with women when he has no girlfriend nor plans to get engaged in the immediate future? Makes no sense. If these girls get emotionally involved sleeping with men casually, stop doing it! And I don't see this as shaming or victim blaming. I would never say Caelynn asked for what happened to her in college or that she has to be abstinent as a result of it. Ever. Many women can't handle casual hook-ups without catching feelings, no matter what their history has been with men and sex. I thought anyone past their teen years knew this. 

Great point! Hannah sleeps with men back to back and it’s fine. Blake does it and he’s evil. Luke is a terrible person for expecting Hannah to choose only one to be intimate with (himself lol), but Caelynn is a victim because a single man slept with another gal the night before. Wow. Women need to figure out what empowerment is. And if they’re saying this is feminism, I’ve got news. Feminism is about equality. They can’t say Hannah is right but Blake is wrong or . Caelynn is right but Luke is wrong. Choose a fucking direction and stick with it. This is highly disappointing. I’m sure there’s more to the story but my guess is that Caelynn wanted some revenge because Blake lost interest. And what the hell was up with Kristina? Blake confessed to her about Caelynn a week before BIP (according to her), but she still decides to make herself a victim by confronting him on a date? The poor guy seemed truly baffled and I’m glad he shut her down. These two girls are obviously doing this for attention now that Hannah is the face of women’s empowerment and all. It’s quite despicable. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Hannah B. and Caelynn are quite a pair of ex besties. They are such bad representation of women and I wish they would stop acting like they are what female empowerment should be. Especially Caelynn who is twisted. Claiming how Blake tried to "silence" her and treated her like a dirty little secret. That's quite an accusation. She isn't even his mistress or a side piece to be a dirty secret. They were a one night stand booty call to each other. Stop exaggerating things for attention and sympathy. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

^ Completely agree with both of you. I wish Chris Harrison would recognize at least some of what we’ve said in our posts.  

All CH recognizes is ratings.  Hannah B's Bachelorette season was successful from a ratings perspective, so expect to see more conflict.

For Paradise, since many of the contestants all seem to get together an pair off / plan beforehand, the show will take advantage of that for conflict. 

It is all ratings, ratings, ratings.  They don't care about the well-being of these people. 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

All CH recognizes is ratings.  Hannah B's Bachelorette season was successful from a ratings perspective, so expect to see more conflict.

For Paradise, since many of the contestants all seem to get together an pair off / plan beforehand, the show will take advantage of that for conflict. 

It is all ratings, ratings, ratings.  They don't care about the well-being of these people. 

That’s sad and why I wouldn’t sign up for reality TV. I think even if you’re a nice person without any big secrets, not worth it. The fact your whole life becomes the world’s business and production doesn’t care about your feelings or reputation and potentially actually edit you to look terrible, it’s amazing to me how many people, especially those with money like on Housewives, sign up for the potential stress of it all.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

That’s sad and why I wouldn’t sign up for reality TV. I think even if you’re a nice person without any big secrets, not worth it. The fact your whole life becomes the world’s business and production doesn’t care about your feelings or reputation and potentially actually edit you to look terrible, it’s amazing to me how many people, especially those with money like on Housewives, sign up for the potential stress of it all.

Even if you don't have any secrets... the contract signed specifies that they can edit you any way they want.  I know we often say that is if you didn't say/do it, they couldn't show it.  But they can show it out of context.  They can put the audio with a different visual.  They can also stir the pot with the other contestants.  Those group discussions generally have a producer off camera getting things rolling with a few pointed questions.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

The fact your whole life becomes the world’s business and production doesn’t care about your feelings or reputation and potentially actually edit you to look terrible, it’s amazing to me how many people, especially those with money like on Housewives, sign up for the potential stress of it all.

The world is more willing than ever to throw away privacy for some easy money. They think it will be worth it. But as those recent Love Island UK suicides demonstrated, it looks like the trade-off is just too high for some people.

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, kita said:

The world is more willing than ever to throw away privacy for some easy money. They think it will be worth it. But as those recent Love Island UK suicides demonstrated, it looks like the trade-off is just too high for some people.

There was more than one suicide? 

I’m kind of pissed that we have to see Hannah B on BIP. I’ve had enough of her. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

There were two: Sophie from season 2, and Mike from season 3; less than a year apart if I remember correctly. Sophie's boyfriend at the time (who did not appear on LI) also killed himself a month or so after finding her body.

I didn't use to follow Bachelor/Bachelorette very closely, but I believe several of those contestants also committed suicide. Frequenters to this series would know better than me, but a little searching shows at least three right off the bat: Lex McAllister, Gia Allemand, and Julien Hug.

So we know that Hannah B. will show up, and also Chris and Krystal who recently married, right? Or did they just show up on one of the Bachelor/Bachelorette live parties? These people and shows all run together for me now.

Edited by kita
skipped a paragraph
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

Even if you don't have any secrets... the contract signed specifies that they can edit you any way they want.  I know we often say that is if you didn't say/do it, they couldn't show it.  But they can show it out of context.  They can put the audio with a different visual.  They can also stir the pot with the other contestants.  Those group discussions generally have a producer off camera getting things rolling with a few pointed questions.

I’ve read that. It’s so crazy. 

1 hour ago, kita said:

I hadn’t heard about the suicides, very sad.

With this particular franchise, my guess is the people who sign up think hey I’m young, cute, and single, lets take advantage of an opportunity to meet a bunch of fellow young, hot singles, possibly travel, collect a check, get your name out there as an influencer or whatever. It’s still rather risky signing up for it.

And then with those Housewife shows, I think those folks want fame. 

On 8/6/2019 at 5:05 PM, leighdear said:

Oneyanka (?) is going to have a horrible mess of hair extensions by the time they're done.  Bad decision for her to keep them.  

We've seen several seasons of shredded heads.  These women need to learn.  

I think she was trying something new and it's not working.  Gotta spend money on them bundles!

On 8/6/2019 at 5:12 PM, leighdear said:

Jeez, these girls are walking into one-night stands with their LEGS wide open.  Why do they think a night of boinking is a relationship?  Did we magically time-travel back to the 1950's where sex = love? 

I was so confused.  I don't watch the regular show so maybe this Blake car has a history of being the worst.

But it sounds like both girls should have known that they weren't in a relationship. 

One girl straight up said they were friends with benefits.  I could see how it would suck if your casual FWB didn't tell you that they slept with someone else.  But they don't particularly owe you that and so all this righteous indignation was confusing.

And then the other girl.....I don't think he called her a mistake per se....it sounded like be said the hook up was a mistake.  And I don't think she'd be so miserable if she didn't care a LOT.  

And her constant whining about it makes her look like a whiny hater.  Girl you are young and pretty....go talk to wells!

I feel like they are both dishonest in saying that they aren't mad that Blake slept with the other.  But if they wanted to have sex with their boyfriend....they should have made sure he was a boyfriend.  Watching this dude apologize and blubber all over my screen is bizarre.

• Love 5
On 8/8/2019 at 8:08 AM, HighwayFlower said:

So much this.  It may be old fashioned, but if she wanted a relationship (and it seems like she did) she should have said that.  Being a cool "it" girl should mean having the power to say what it is you want....whether it's a relationship or sex.  

But what's going on here with the tears and the histrionics and the "is he going to talk to me?  He wouldn't dare!  But how dare he not talk to me!"

• Love 7
On 8/6/2019 at 5:23 PM, CindyBee said:

I get that Blake was single but the fact that he told Caelynn not to speak about their hook up is what is bothering me the most.  

Hahaha, he thinks Kristina is out to ruin his paradise.  If he only knew what's coming

I mean I think it would maybe make people avoid you or think you're boo'd up if they immediately knew you slept with another participant on the show.  

If they were really just sex buddies then they should both be free to pursue whomever without being labelled as being in a relationship or have people avoid them because they assume there is a relationship there.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, waving feather said:

Hannah B. and Caelynn are quite a pair of ex besties. They are such bad representation of women and I wish they would stop acting like they are what female empowerment should be. Especially Caelynn who is twisted. Claiming how Blake tried to "silence" her and treated her like a dirty little secret. That's quite an accusation. She isn't even his mistress or a side piece to be a dirty secret. They were a one night stand booty call to each other. Stop exaggerating things for attention and sympathy. 

You bring up a good point. No wonder why neither was ever able to pinpoint what happened to end their friendship other than the intense vitriol they had toward each other. If this is how they each OVER-react to such perceived slights, I suddenly finally understand how “nothing” happened and, yet, it was everything. Two peas in a pod, indeed!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 8/7/2019 at 11:50 PM, waving feather said:

Caelynn might as well don't respond because her response is vague AF and didn't address anything. People better be careful around her. She is good at manipulating and smart enough to do so.

Blake to me is not smart enough to be manipulative.

I think any guy who sleeps with 2 different women in a 24 hour period is a douche.  I think if Caelyn knew that when they talked on the phone, She would not have gone over.  For him to tell her afterwards while she was still in his bed, shows he lacks common sense, feeling, and judgment!  If it looks like a douche, talks like a douche,  acts like a douche, it IS a douche. 

They say he wanted it kept quiet, so he could be the next bachelor. He is far too ugly to be the next bachelor.

• Love 4
On 8/9/2019 at 1:22 PM, Nowhere said:

I didn't watch bachelorette because on Hannah. I didn't like her voice and I thought she was phony. I sure do not want to see her now.

• Love 1
On 8/9/2019 at 6:15 AM, Nowhere said:

Great point! Hannah sleeps with men back to back and it’s fine. Blake does it and he’s evil. Luke is a terrible person for expecting Hannah to choose only one to be intimate with (himself lol), but Caelynn is a victim because a single man slept with another gal the night before. Wow. Women need to figure out what empowerment is. And if they’re saying this is feminism, I’ve got news. Feminism is about equality. They can’t say Hannah is right but Blake is wrong or . Caelynn is right but Luke is wrong. Choose a fucking direction and stick with it. This is highly disappointing. I’m sure there’s more to the story but my guess is that Caelynn wanted some revenge because Blake lost interest. And what the hell was up with Kristina? Blake confessed to her about Caelynn a week before BIP (according to her), but she still decides to make herself a victim by confronting him on a date? The poor guy seemed truly baffled and I’m glad he shut her down. These two girls are obviously doing this for attention now that Hannah is the face of women’s empowerment and all. It’s quite despicable. 

Nope.   Hannah sleeps with 2 men within a 24 hour period, she would be a douche as well. I don't expect  people to be virgins, just to have some common decency. They should have some self respect .

On 8/8/2019 at 1:56 PM, RealHousewife said:

Also, since Caelynn went to Blake's home and had sex with him even though he was very direct about his refusal, that is actually considered rape. Yes, women can rape men.  It's disgusting and horrifying. Consent goes both ways.  Caelynn is a massive creep.  What she did was even worse than Blake (and I despise Blake).  Blake is a player, but he hasn't forced himself on anyone (to the best of my knowledge). Caelynn apparently expects men to have sex against their will just because she wants it.  This  behavior is shocking to me since Caelynn claims to be a victim of sexual assault when she was younger. 

You are absolutely correct.  If the situation were reversed and Blake were the sexual aggressor, there would be outrage.  Blake would honestly be facing criminal charges post me-too movement.  Yet, Caelynn will not face any legal consequences.  The double standards are telling. 

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, antfitz said:

I think any guy who sleeps with 2 different women in a 24 hour period is a douche.  I think if Caelyn knew that when they talked on the phone, She would not have gone over.  For him to tell her afterwards while she was still in his bed, shows he lacks common sense, feeling, and judgment!  If it looks like a douche, talks like a douche,  acts like a douche, it IS a douche. 

They say he wanted it kept quiet, so he could be the next bachelor. He is far too ugly to be the next bachelor.

I wouldn't say it's dispositive either way.  A douche can sleep with multiple people in a relatively short period and so can a nice, reasonable person.  The only thing sleeping with multiple people in a short period proves IMO is that you had sex multiple times in a short period.

If Catelyn knew they weren't in a "relationship" she should have asked the question.*  It clearly made no difference to him that he slept with multiple women in a short period.  Apparently it mattered to her, so the onus was on her to ask. 

If I'm talking to someone I might consider pursing a relationship with.... current/recent intimate relationships are a subject I'm going to bring up.  

* - it sounds like they talked on FaceTime a lot or Skype or something.  But I think that without anything more that is a very tenuous basis on which to presume you have a "relationship". And did she directly ask him about who else he was talking to during these many, many Skype/FaceTime chats?  If he lied to her directly about talking to other people then that changes the calculus.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 9

Considering all we know about both parties and Blake telling Caelyn not to come over; it's a wonder she didn't go to his place, push her way in, and find another woman in his bed.

Then we could have one of those wild Tia-style scenes with stiletto heels to the head.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Considering all we know about both parties and Blake telling Caelyn not to come over; it's a wonder she didn't go to his place, push her way in, and find another woman in his bed.

Then we could have one of those wild Tia-style scenes with stiletto heels to the head.

To be fair, that was Raven, not Tia.

7 hours ago, antfitz said:

Based on the texts Blake posted, he didn't want Caelynn to come over that night, but she was the one who insisted, saying she just wanted sex, "nothing more, nothing less". That doesn't sound like a woman who cares about exclusivity.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Based on the texts Blake posted, he didn't want Caelynn to come over that night, but she was the one who insisted, saying she just wanted sex, "nothing more, nothing less". That doesn't sound like a woman who cares about exclusivity.

And also that he originally wasn't going to sleep with two women back to back. 

I feel a little bad for each of them and think both of them are culpable in this mess mainly because I think there must have been some lack of communication. But I am leaning slightly towards neither of them being emotionally healthy enough to be involved in the Bachelor Universe. They both have traumatic pasts that are easily dredged up in this kind of fishbowl environment. 

I also think they both need to learn to communicate. Sadly, I think Caelynn's "nothing more, nothing less" was a big old lie to get her what she wanted, and when he took her at her word, she lost it. 

This whole mess points out what is wrong with the "dating" scene. Women will use sex to get a relationship while guys will use the promise of a relationship to get sex. I think Caelynn tried to seem "cool with it" but when the chips were down, casual sex is not what she wants. She liked him more than she let on and it blew up on her. Her whole "just sex" thing makes me think (though I don't know) that Blake didn't really make promises of exclusivity or a "relationship" but he let her assume whatever she wanted to assume. They both really need to communicate better. 

I do think it becoming a "thing" is all on Caelynn. She should have just let it go, checked out the other options on STD Beach and had a good time. Nothing was gained by trying to destroy Blake. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

9 hours ago, chocolatine said:
14 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

To be fair, that was Raven, not Tia.

I can't believe that the two of you have made me remember Tia and Raven.  Now I have to wash my brain out with soap.

Edited by call me ishmael
Spelling
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1