Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: Week 1, Part 2

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Here Demi goes with the age shaming again. She does realize she won't be in her 20's forever, right? If Annalise is a grandma, that means it's not exactly going to take long for Demi to be one herself. She talks about the older contestants as if they're old enough to be her mother. 

Sick of this idiot. I’m all for wrong reasons, but she’s so contrived. These young millennials are so fake. Ruined the damn franchise. 

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Sick of this idiot. I’m all for wrong reasons, but she’s so contrived. These young millennials are so fake. Ruined the damn franchise. 

Demi comes off as someone who watched Corinne during Nick Viall's Bachelor season and decided to try that act for herself. The difference is that Corinne genuinely seems to be the person we saw, for better or worse. Demi's personality just seems so....calculated.

• Love 18
10 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

I know I speak for many posters here when I say that we missed your commentary during Hannah's season!

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, GracieK said:

I know I speak for many posters here when I say that we missed your commentary during Hannah's season!

Oh man I’m sorry. I went nuts, lost my job and had to recover with the help of medication. I’m back and bitchier than ever, except I stopped cursing. 

But I got a lot of problems with these people! Except Oneyka. I like her vibe for some reason. I really wish she’d go to a better weaveologist, though. She’s super pretty. 

This ugly no personality Blane guy. Why? What is attractive about him? 

• LOL 6
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Maybe the bod/height? I think it is because he made final two in another franchise...that seems to add "value" to these people.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Oh man I’m sorry. I went nuts, lost my job and had to recover with the help of medication. I’m back and bitchier than ever, except I stopped cursing. 

But I got a lot of problems with these people! Except Oneyka. I like her vibe for some reason. I really wish she’d go to a better weaveologist, though. She’s super pretty. 

I'm so sorry to hear of your troubles!  Glad to see you back and I hope this shit show distraction helps take your mind off of some of that.  

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, GracieK said:

I'm so sorry to hear of your troubles!  Glad to see you back and I hope this shit show distraction helps take your mind off of some of that.  

Thanks. It was actually a blessing, since I grew to hate my job. Found out I have OCD and ADHD and got it treated. Now I’m back to looking for a job that works for me. No more of this follow the leader crap. No more trying to shove this round peg in a square hole. 

I think Wills is sexy even with his womanly butt and hips. The rest of these fools? Nah. 

• Love 14
40 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Sorry you went through a difficult patch. Glad you’re doing better! Missed you!!

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Just Carol said:

Have we seen who Kevin likes?  He said Taysha, but I think he should have talked to Bibi. 

Demi's face with makeup is soooo different from her face without makeup. I am fixated on it.

Pretty sure Bibiana just showed up to cash a paycheck, make her speech and cry, then leave. That’s sort of her MO. 

• Love 13

I will continue to get a kick out of Chris's walker in the opening.

Wow, those women were very effective at tagging Blake with the scarlet S, huh? (The S stands for, "spot blown up"). He lost the most beautiful woman on the beach in my opinion (Tayshia) and may as well go home, but NEVER FEAR, it's essential that he stays to redeem his image. Otherwise, he won't have anything to shill on Instagram.

Edit: wow, it got even more interesting after I caught up in the thread! Bless you posters for keeping me in the know, I'm not digging around People and Twitter to dig up these messages myself!

Edited by kita
TEXT ALERT
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I actually thought that Catelyn was trying to audition for the next Bachelorette.  Heart broken?  Check.  Breaks down in sobbing crying?  Check.  Wants to find love again in the Bachelor universe?  Check.  After all, Nick and Colton got starring roles after their stints in 'paradise' so maybe it would work for her.  

Then I read the texts that my fellow posters provided (THANK YOU!) and it confirmed my suspicions (opinion only, no actual knowledge of anything).

Of course, it continues to boggle my mind that people text various things and then don't realize that they are busted when they lie about something.  Judge Judy and The People's Court would not be very entertaining if people remembered what they wrote in their texts.

Analeise and Demi can go home, but I know they won't as they stir the drama for all it's worth.  Bibiana looked like she lost a lot of weight (I wish I could...), but she still doesn't talk to the men and then cries about not being in a relationship.  Overall, I always have a hard time recognizing most of the people on BIP as they were barely blimps on the radar in their original seasons.  Jane?  First night boot, but she got some spotlight on the Women Tell All.  THAT'S why people we never even knew were on the season try so hard to get time on Women/Men Tell All so that they still might snag an invite to BIP.  I guess for some people, those 15 minutes of fame are totally worth it no matter how they get it.

Oh, and can someone clarify how the taco that Jane gave to JPJ made him sick?  Was it bad food or too much hot sauce?  And, if it was too much hot sauce why did he eat so much-one can usually tell pretty quickly when something is too spicy.

• Love 5

That part at the end with JPJ grossed me out.  The way he kept running his fingers through his hair made it look even more lank & oily, maybe his fingers were coated with Taco grease.  Plus the gurgling and burbling I could have really done without. 

He can go anytime.  Idiot.

Edited by leighdear
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I actually thought that Catelyn was trying to audition for the next Bachelorette.  Heart broken?  Check.  Breaks down in sobbing crying?  Check.  Wants to find love again in the Bachelor universe?  Check.  After all, Nick and Colton got starring roles after their stints in 'paradise' so maybe it would work for her.  

Then I read the texts that my fellow posters provided (THANK YOU!) and it confirmed my suspicions (opinion only, no actual knowledge of anything).

Of course, it continues to boggle my mind that people text various things and then don't realize that they are busted when they lie about something.  Judge Judy and The People's Court would not be very entertaining if people remembered what they wrote in their texts.

Analeise and Demi can go home, but I know they won't as they stir the drama for all it's worth.  Bibiana looked like she lost a lot of weight (I wish I could...), but she still doesn't talk to the men and then cries about not being in a relationship.  Overall, I always have a hard time recognizing most of the people on BIP as they were barely blimps on the radar in their original seasons.  Jane?  First night boot, but she got some spotlight on the Women Tell All.  THAT'S why people we never even knew were on the season try so hard to get time on Women/Men Tell All so that they still might snag an invite to BIP.  I guess for some people, those 15 minutes of fame are totally worth it no matter how they get it.

Oh, and can someone clarify how the taco that Jane gave to JPJ made him sick?  Was it bad food or too much hot sauce?  And, if it was too much hot sauce why did he eat so much-one can usually tell pretty quickly when something is too spicy.

What’s more mind boggling these days, have you had the fun experience of getting into an argument via text that could be resolved if the other person just scrolled up a paragraph? So aggravating. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, jade.black said:

n fact, I've never been attracted to Chris Bukowski (active hate at some points, even), but he is looking good in this group... which is... concerning. What's happening here?

I find myself in the same situation.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

So it either sounds like there was some serious miscommunication between Catelyn and Blake, where he thought they were just sleeping together while Catelyn thought it was something more romantic, or, and this is probably more likely, the producers came up with this whole plot line and Catelyn is soaking up the tears and sympathy over mean old Blake the cad manicuring poor innocent girls. Or maybe a bit of both, but it’s clear that there is more to this story than the show told us. Not that Blake isn’t pretty high on the fuck boy scale, and he handled all of this on the show pretty badly, coming across as pretty defensive and dickish, but Catelyn also seems to have a pretty selective memory about this. Really, if all this is producer manipulation, it’s all rather sleazy, especially considering both Blake and Catelyn has pretty traumatic formative years, which could have really hurt their abilities to communicate with people. So what’s the lesson here? Communication is key in any relationship, especially a sexual one (you can’t assume the person your with is a mind reader, nor should you brush over feelings!) and maybe these people should all stop dating the same freaking people.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, sistersledge said:

I think Chris B was always good looking but acted like a douche. Now he is looking less of a douche compared to the rest, so it's easier to notice his looks.

Personal opinion re: Caelynn. She thought they were keeping their hook up a secret so they could both still be on BiP, and thought once they go there a full blown romance was going to happen. When Blake didn't immediately throw himself at her feet upon her arrival, she felt "disrespected" and started her victim noises tour throwing him under the bus left right and centre.

• Useful 4
  • Love 12

I actually think Dylan might be the best looking, or one of the best, guys there and the one that you might actually have a serious future with. He also looks like he will age well. What does he do, does he have a legit job? This is 44 me talking because 24 me had different ideas and probably would mess it up.

Hannah is a fool if she gives him up for .... Blake?

• Love 8
5 hours ago, el diego said:

These people are acting like high schoolers and it is super cringey to watch adults say some of the things they say.

I read the texts right after the episode. Before reading the text messages, the one thing I thought that Blake did that was wrong was hide the fact that he slept with Caelynn. However, even during the episode I was questioning Caelynn's version of the events. She always struck me as a manipulating mean girl. In hindsight, Blake's reaction to her on the beach makes sense. In fact, I think he was being too nice! When she told him she felt disrespected by him and that he treated her like a mistake, I would have said are you kidding me? You are the one who just wanted to bang and keep it quiet. Now, this is assuming the texts are the whole story which, eh, I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't.

I get why Kristina is hurt, but I don't think she should be mad at Blake. She should be upset at the situation and try to move on. Again, I don't think Blake did anything morally wrong, but he's a bit dumb to think everything was gonna be fine.

Honestly, it just looks like these girls are drunk off Blake's dick game and if they can't have him they're gonna get mad. Even Taysha said she was into Blake because everyone else is into him. I get that someone is more desirable when they're popular, but this is bizarre.

The one thing I really dislike about Blake is that it seems that his biggest issue with all this crap is that his image is going to be ruined, and specifically that that will impact his ability to get with women. Guy really needs to destroy his ego.

Hannah is attractive at first glance, but she has the mannerisms of a 12 year old girl. I would be turned off after talking to her. I actually find it creepy that guys like her sheepish act.

I don't watch the bachelor so I have no idea who these people are. But BIP is my guilty pleasure. And I thought Blake was a douche. Slept with 2 different girls in 24 hours.  Nobody wants to be sloppy seconds. The fact that he feels just because hes not in a relationship with her that he could just sleep with 2 people and 24 hours, Is disgusting.

5 hours ago, HighwayFlower said:

Blake has a weird thick neck. Like when you try to put the head back on a Barbie doll. 

I thought it was hilarious that he thinks he's hot and some of the girls thought he was hot.  He Is geeky looking with taxi cab doors for ears.  He looks like he's just one big dumb jock.   Or should I just have said he's not my type...lol

The girls are really attractive, but there are guys that are really attractive there.  I'd be one of the 1st ones out by mutual consent. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, sistersledge said:

I actually think Dylan might be the best looking, or one of the best, guys there and the one that you might actually have a serious future with. He also looks like he will age well. What does he do, does he have a legit job? This is 44 me talking because 24 me had different ideas and probably would mess it up.

Hannah is a fool if she gives him up for .... Blake?

I think Dylan is the best looking too. He needs to work on his confidence but he’s definitely easy on the eyes. I think @JenE4 nailed it when she observed that it’s not really about who is the best catch in the real world.. these people are looking for the best Bachelor world catch which in this environment means who has made it the furthest thus gaining the most recent popularity and instagram following. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Thanks. It was actually a blessing, since I grew to hate my job. Found out I have OCD and ADHD and got it treated. Now I’m back to looking for a job that works for me. No more of this follow the leader crap. No more trying to shove this round peg in a square hole. 

I think Wills is sexy even with his womanly butt and hips. The rest of these fools? Nah. 

40 minutes ago, sistersledge said:

Wells is the  only cute guy there and he seems nice, but he is taken.

10 minutes ago, antfitz said:

I don't watch the bachelor so I have no idea who these people are. But BIP is my guilty pleasure. And I thought Blake was a douche. Slept with 2 different girls in 24 hours.  Nobody wants to be sloppy seconds. The fact that he feels just because hes not in a relationship with her that he could just sleep with 2 people and 24 hours, Is disgusting.

Who is the big black guy? Too muscle bound and I don't find that attractive. He also seems like a player like Blake.

12 minutes ago, GracieK said:

these people are looking for the best Bachelor world catch which in this environment means who has made it the furthest thus gaining the most recent popularity and instagram following

So true but I imagine they're all "going for the gold" which would mean a Jade and Tanner situation and should choose wisely.

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, sistersledge said:

So true but I imagine they're all "going for the gold" which would mean a Jade and Tanner situation and should choose wisely.

Jade and tanner were pretty smooth from the beginning of their stint on paradise . I think they got together on night one and stayed together throughout . I actually just read an article that she got pregnant while they were in paradise , which is crazy .. but then miscarried . But anyway , none of these people seem satisfied to be with the same person throughout the whole experience . The problem with this show is that no one is ever good enough , because you always feel like the next best thing might come walking in . This show can definitely make a persons insecurities come out . 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

I lurk often, comment at times (often inappropriately due to wine consumption), but I’m glad you’re back, I missed you.

• Love 6

The one that baffles me most is Derek.  To me, he's one of the cutest guys ever on these shows, yet his picker is so broken it's crazy.  Last year, he got engaged to "Emotional Intelligence" Taylor, who had a hair trigger walk-on-eggshells around her persona; this year, it's Demi, and we all know that'll never end well.

Seems his reason for breaking up with Taylor was "distance", which I think is a polite way of saying he discovered the real her.  But if distance is truly an issue, why come on this show, only to meet people who have a huge chance that they live across the country?  

Apparently he's a banker, so a decent job, and he seems nice enough and doesn't give off player vibes.  He's doing the same thing this season that he did last time, in settling in with one girl early, turning a blind eye to all others.  But the girls he chooses are all wrong.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, Sterling said:

The one that baffles me most is Derek.  To me, he's one of the cutest guys ever on these shows, yet his picker is so broken it's crazy.  Last year, he got engaged to "Emotional Intelligence" Taylor, who had a hair trigger walk-on-eggshells around her persona; this year, it's Demi, and we all know that'll never end well.

Seems his reason for breaking up with Taylor was "distance", which I think is a polite way of saying he discovered the real her.  But if distance is truly an issue, why come on this show, only to meet people who have a huge chance that they live across the country?  

Apparently he's a banker, so a decent job, and he seems nice enough and doesn't give off player vibes.  He's doing the same thing this season that he did last time, in settling in with one girl early, turning a blind eye to all others.  But the girls he chooses are all wrong.

Maybe he’s just here to let women in the real world know he broke up with Tayler and is single again? He probably knows all about Demi (hell, they may have agreed to use each other for publicity prior to showing up). That’s the biggest problem with this show now. All of these people know each other off the show and are familiar with what it takes to get airtime so you can’t trust anyone. It would be great if they mixed things up and surprised people with how the show worked, but instead they seem to be going the other way and forcing made up storylines. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

🙂 sorry to hear you had some rough times. You were missed. 

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

That’s the biggest problem with this show now. All of these people know each other off the show and are familiar with what it takes to get airtime so you can’t trust anyone. It would be great if they mixed things up and surprised people with how the show worked, but instead they seem to be going the other way and forcing made up storylines. 

Yes, the whole thing is very contrived now. If they're dating someone from the Bachelor pool, they separate, go on BiP as singles, play the game of "I hope s/he picks me", then they play along so they can be a couple who "met" on BiP and get engaged. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

Caelynn’s response...

06F88C88-E69B-4624-8173-5071CA8366A7.png

On the one hand, we have video evidence of Caelyn repeatedly saying on national TV that Blake is not a good guy and women can’t trust him plus text messages between Blake and Caelyn backing up his side of the story. And on the other hand we have this post from Caelyn with zero evidence simply telling us we need to believe her side of things and stuff that seems to look bad for her is just taken out of context. 

I don’t think this matter should have been brought to the public in the first place. It’s none of our business and we shouldn’t get involved. However, since CAELYN is the one who went on TV and put this out there for the public to consume, I’m going to go with the evidence presented rather than simply trust this post which silly eludes to her version of events without corroborating it with anything of substance. 

• Love 19
4 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Although I think it's hilarious to blame Jane and her spicy taco "thing", I think JPJ got sick because he drank too much, the taco just pushed him over the edge.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, jade.black said:

In fact, I've never been attracted to Chris Bukowski (active hate at some points, even), but he is looking good in this group... which is... concerning. What's happening here? Is it because he's in his 30s? Nostalgia for a bygone era? His sexy walker in the opening credits? I'm so confused. I need some time to think.

I’ve always enjoyed Chris B. Part of it is his resemblance to an ex and part of it is nostalgia from his fun smarmy turn on Bachelor Pad so I’m predisposed to like him I suppose. 

He stands out to me in this group because he seems more like, wait for it, a grown ass man. So many of these guys seem boy-like to me. I’m sure my age contributes to that feeling. I haven’t done the math, but I could probably be some of these dudes mom. While I can still appreciate the young ‘uns attractiveness at a certain point their youth distracts from my appreciation. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Sterling said:

He gives me a Jim from The Office vibe. 

Why in the hell are we all being put through Demi’s audition to host a Tell All? For the love of Pete, we don’t need another Jamie Otis. All of her talking heads were very long. Her interactions with the others seemed more like interviews. Wells had to tell her to shut her trap. I believe that the producers invited her and her girlfriend on the show to ensure that she’ll make it to the end and be some champion for lesbians everywhere. Guys, we’re all supposed to just adore her now so she can get good ratings for her spinoff. I swear to god 🙄kill me.

Edited by Nowhere
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, Stan39 said:

I don’t think this matter should have been brought to the public in the first place. It’s none of our business and we shouldn’t get involved. 

Yeah, BiP is supposed to be about 2 hours of brainless producer-initiated antics a week and then snarking here. This isn't entertaining. Surely someone can be called scallop fingers or a wild animal is waiting to have a conversation. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I forgot to watch this last night.  Who got booted?

No one.  It ended before the rose ceremony.

51 minutes ago, leocadia said:

Although I think it's hilarious to blame Jane and her spicy taco "thing", I think JPJ got sick because he drank too much, the taco just pushed him over the edge.

IDK if it was alcohol.  Aren't they limited to two drinks a night now?

• Useful 2
16 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

IDK if it was alcohol.  Aren't they limited to two drinks a night now?

I honestly don't know...I was basing my opinion on how he was acting before it happened.  Of course it's JPJ, so drunk or just being extra??  It's hard to tell.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Sterling said:

The one that baffles me most is Derek.  

Considering he looks just like Jim Halpert I find him baffling too.  I would think women would be ALL OVER HIM knowing the way they feel about John Krasinski!

56 minutes ago, OldWiseOne said:

I thought it was 2 drinks an hour?

Two drinks an hour?!?!!?  Wow.  Two drinks is all I need for an entire night.  I would really hope and think it's 2 a night.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4

What even is stagecoach? A lame version of Couchella or whatever with line dancing? 

I wish they would bring back some more old timers. The current crew is boring. I’m sure they’re all triggered by something. These fools don’t even know how to get properly drunk. Oh the memories of Chad passing out and pooping his pants, and the fantastic poster here who thought production had slipped some poop in his pants and the ensuing discussion about how the poop was put in his pants. Seems so long ago.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, nutty1 said:

Caelynn’s response...

06F88C88-E69B-4624-8173-5071CA8366A7.png

I think multiple things can be true at the same time. The only drawback to that is it's problematic to create a narrative that makes since to a show like BIP. For example...

Did Caelynn and Blake texted and FaceTimed for months previous to Stagecoach? Strong possibility.

Did she send text clearly stating that she wanted sex, he seemingly didn't want to, but she did during Stagecoach? Yes, that's what the text show to me.

Did they both seem to regret it afterwards and were unsure of how to handle this whole situation on TV. Yes, that's what the text show to me.

Did an ambiguous ending lead to a misunderstanding. Yes, that's what the show has proven. 

I think what Caelynn is doing, instead of addressing a misunderstanding, is putting all of the blame on Blake because right now the trend on the show is to be seen as a "strong woman" like Hannah B, or what Kristina is trying to be portrayed as. The problem is, we got to see Hannah B eventually stand up for herself bc the entirety of the relationship with both Luke and Jed were shown on TV. An audience can literally see for themselves the faults in both men and rally behind Hannah sticking up for herself. Caelynn doesn't have that advantage. Therefore, Blake can show receipts and spin this in a way that hurts her agenda. Blake may continue to dig himself a hole on the show, a la Dean 2 summers ago, but I don't see how what their relationship seemed to be warranted Caelynn having a plan of attack before going down the steps at BIP. It's not like he ignored her at the resort and she reacted, she went there planning to confront him. She really set herself up for a back and forth that could have been avoided. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Caelynn might as well don't respond because her response is vague AF and didn't address anything. People better be careful around her. She is good at manipulating and smart enough to do so.

Blake to me is not smart enough to be manipulative.

• Love 5
On 8/6/2019 at 6:55 PM, JenE4 said:

Ok. I give up! Hannah’s the female version of Blake. You two deserve each other. Good luck with that.

She absolutely is, and I wish someone on the show (preferably Dylan) would call her out on it. Her doe-eyed shtick is already getting old. Both times she claimed that so-and-so kissed her, when it was obvious that she enthusiastically engaged in long makeout sessions. Reminds me of how Kendall treated Joe last season, making out with a bunch of other guys then crying about it to Joe.

On 8/6/2019 at 7:38 PM, Jaclyn88 said:

It’s hard to believe [Caelynn]’s only 23 . She looks so much older . 

I agree. To me she looks like a twice-divorced 40-something with her leathery skin and bad plastic surgery. Hard to believe she's a beauty queen when all the other women on Paradise are much more attractive than she is.

On 8/6/2019 at 9:50 PM, Arkay said:

Those text messages  between Blake and Catelynn are so disturbing. It is Catelynn who won't take no for an answer, at least as far as the texts seem to show. He's telling her he doesn't want to have sex and she's telling him to chill out, loosen up, it'll be good, and she's getting in an uber to come over for "sex and only sex."

Caelynn trying to talk Blake into sex and telling him to "chill" is especially disturbing in the context of her claiming to have been a victim of sexual assault. I hate to say this, but I'm not sure I believe her anymore.

20 minutes ago, waving feather said:

Caelynn might as well don't respond because her response is vague AF and didn't address anything. People better be careful around her. She is good at manipulating and smart enough to do so.

Evidently not smart enough since her lies and manipulations just blew up in her face.

Like many of you, I miss the silly fun this show used to be. Clare pouring her heart out to a raccoon, Lacy trying to do math, Kalon taking himself on a date - that's the kind of stuff they should stick to.

@Mu Shu, so happy to have you back! 

• Love 13
6 hours ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

Honestly, why bring Demi's girlfriend (was the girlfriend ever on a Bachelor season) if not why bring a nobody to BIP?

They let Ashley I bring her sister....

• Useful 1
  • Love 3