Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: Week 1, Part 2

• Start Topic

Caelynn must be the first woman who had sex with a guy and then got mad when he didn't want to brag to everybody about it.

These people must just like to cry.  Annaliese actually sobbing over a girlfriends break up three months ago?  When she started to cry and that vein popped up on her forehead all her past crying spells came back to me.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 10
20 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

Annaliese actually sobbing over a girlfriends break up three months ago?  When she started to cry and that vein popped up on her forehead all her past crying spells came back to me.

Wow, that must have really taken a dent out of your evening.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

LMAO I don't feel sorry for any of them. Caelynn or Blake. Caelynn made Blake out to be like the big bad wolf when it was just a booty call. She even reassured Blake in the texts that it was "just sex". If so, what's the big deal? Unless she was lying to Blake all along that it wasn't just sex, and she caught feelings. Unfortunate but you can't really blame him for it either. And it seemed like BOTH agreed it was a "mistake" or they regretted it. Thus their "panic" over it. So, meh.

Wow. Both Hannah Brown and Caelynn giving pageant girls a bad name on this show.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Aim123 said:

Caelynn is so busted. She literally texted him that she was only coming over there for s*x, they have the whole thing screenshotted (is that a word?) here in People magazine. And for once, People actually brings the receipts instead of doing a fluff piece....https://people.com/tv/blake-horstmann-shares-texts-caelynn-miller-keyes/

Thanks for the link.   Poor BLAKE.  Everyone automatically takes the woman’s side, especially with Caelynn s background, (I know I did) and Blake’s response which seemed to show guilt.    

It the genders in that first text exchange were reversed, Caelynn would have been vilified.   

• Love 15
6 hours ago, OldWiseOne said:

After reading the texts Blake posted, I think he is telling the truth. 1 week before Paradise they discussed whether or not they should tell people.

https://twitter.com/tearsinversace/status/1158917736866746372

I can't stand a whole season of Demi. Analiese should stay in her lane because "you only heard one side of the story" and then to Hannah she says "Blake is a loser" but I don't remember Demi hearing both sides of that story!

I’ve always found Demi entertaining. I don’t take her too seriously, although I did think her comments to Annaliese were spot on. I get what you’re saying regarding the hypocrisy, however I do think it’s a little different since both Blake and Caelynn are there to speak for themselves and tell their sides if they choose. Angela isn’t even there so that Annaliese felt the need to reprimand him on behalf of her friend felt too intrusive. 

• Love 7

I still think Blake was a jerk for posting the texts, but having read them, I have a whole new outlook on the situation.  Clearly Caelynn did not do herself any service by making a big deal about this on national TV, only to find out she was all in on the casual sex. 

That said, had he posted the texts without all of this verbage about how he has been looking at himself, trying to improve and be better, etc, that would have been fine.  But he looks like an idiot crying on instagram about the whole mess he got himself into, posting the texts knowing they would get out in the media, and then deleting them telling people to quit attacking her.  They both suck.

• Love 16

I agree that the texts make Caelynn look bad but I just can’t judge in this situation too much because I feel like you need to have an entire context of their relationship to be able to understand cherry picked snippets. Who knows what running jokes or teasing they had between them. I’ve never been a fan of Caelynn but she’s getting a lot of backlash over how a victim of sexual assault should act. (Not here but in social media) Like she isn’t really a victim because she’s navigating her life afterwards with relationships, casual sex, feelings, etc. I think that men who get involved with her need to tread lightly regardless of how she tries to play it like everything is cool and she’s just like any other girl in her 20s. She may continue to have confused feelings, meltdowns, triggered episodes and a lot of volatile behavior for years to come. I think only a man who wants to be committed to her and helping her through it should be willing to go there with her.

It was a douchebag move on Blake’s part.. hey everyone here is a small sampling of all the communication we’ve ever had. Caelynn is a liar and I need to protect myself! Oh but don’t attack her because I’m a good guy and would never want her to be attacked! Like that wouldn’t be the inevitable outcome. I just don’t think what he was accused of is THAT bad that he just had to release private texts in order to “protect his image”. Like ok you were accused of being a male slut. Apparently the word around Denver is he’s made a habit of sleeping with and ghosting women anyway.. not like he had this pristine image that simply cannot be marred by this type of talk! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

Demi gets on my nerves, Wells( I love Wells) asks questions, she answers, for everyone. Producers can manipulate her so easily. 

I noticed he said "let her answer" when she answered for someone else (can't remember who). That's what I say to my 7 year old when she answers for my 3-year old.

i didn't watch Colton's season so these very immature girls are all new to me. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

He had just slept with Kristie( who he'd been seeing) he couldn't say no? I took nobody's side,not really. Did I feel sorry for him? Nope. Wasn't there a phone call,and  he wanted this to be hush hush One thing he does need, acting lessons. I hope we don't have to see him  and xyz, non stop.

He did say no. Repeatedly. And she ignored him and came over anyway. 

And the texts show Caelyn is the one suggesting they don’t tell people. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

Hannah G is being the queen of mercy kisses (I call them ). I told my daughter before she started the dating scene, to never give out mercy kisses. If she doesn't really want to kiss the guy, then don't. Just because they obviously REALLY admire you doesn't mean you owe them the intimacy of a deep soulful kiss to make them happy. That's being "too nice" for your own good. It gives the man false hope, and does nothing for you except make you feel you were nice to them because they like you so much. It has to do with lower self esteem and you end up having to shoo them away like pesky flies. Rise up against the need to please every one and think about your own desires, and who you'd really want to be swapping kisses with. See how Wills got his hopes all up after that kiss which he never would have if you were honest with him from the start? He was heart broken and even shed a few tears. 

No need to prove you are as desirable as they think you are, putting your all into a kiss you don't even really want to share. Hannah is being too nice to all these guys against her own best interests. She's as cute as a button and I'm sure was brought up to be kind to people. Sometimes it's cruel to be kind, as in this sort of scenario. You only hurt the both of you in giving out mercy kisses.

• Useful 2
  • Love 15

Two sides to any story and what I hate the most is that Bachelor in Paradise is showing just one side.  Hell, even with the article in People with Blake's texts, as was pointed out upthread, we have no ability to understand the entirety of their communication, just what Blake wanted to share.  Same as Paradise is intent on showing him as an ass.

I take back what I posted earlier, coming down completely on Caelynn's side.  I don't know enough to be on any side except for the fact that the show is moving past entertaining train wreck into damaging people territory, especially since they already knew Caelynn's sad history.

As for Analiese and Clay, though... team Clay.  Maybe he did see/talk to Angela 2 weeks ago, 3 months ago, maybe he's the biggest jerk in the world, but Analiese has no right to scold him.  She wasn't part of the relationship.  And she should be trying to find her own relationship.  Just wait until she gets sent home (not a spoiler... I just can't believe that she's getting picked this week when 3 women go home and she's been more interested in haranguing Clay than making connections), she'll whine and whine about not getting a chance.  She had one and squandered it.

• Love 11

So, rather than keep going back and forth about who’s a bigger jerk (Blake or Caelyn) shouldn’t we be going after Chris Harrison, Bachelor producers, and ABC for turning a light-hearted summer romp into this manipulative garbage? They clearly made up this storyline and planned to have Caelyn come in and attack Blake, and the People story suggests they would have known Blake’s side of the story. From the texts, it looks like something neither Blake or Caelyn wanted to publicize, but I imagine ABC/Harrison/whoever talked them into it as a way to get air time. It’s all the more creepy when you consider both Caelyn and Blake have difficult pasts. And yet, the show will get zero backlash for this as we all just agree, “Well, these people know what they’re signing up for.” Just food for thought. 

Another popular reality show in the UK, Love Island, has actually started mandatory therapy sessions for its contestants following the show because they received backlash (I believe some of the contestants committed suicide). 

• Useful 7
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Another popular reality show in the UK, Love Island, has actually started mandatory therapy sessions for its contestants following the show because they received backlash (I believe some of the contestants committed suicide). 

Holy shit!

Hannah is a bit dim . You’re eating up the fact that Blake said he came to paradise for you .. but you don’t ask him then why did you choose tayshia for your date and not the person you Came here for ? These producers know what they’re doing . They choose the most gullible women and the biggest player men and  the show just takes off on its own . Doesn’t need that much producer manipulation . 

This is why I don’t like the bachelor or ette nearly as much as I like paradise . All of the contestants on the main show put on an act the entire season , people obsess over them for how good of a guy / girl they are .. and boom . Paradise hits and you learn who they really are which I find much more interesting than “ I’m falling in love with you “ by the second date . It’s just so fake . This is much better . 

• Love 16

Unless Caelynn claims the texts are fake (and as I write this, she has made no public comment either way), her credibility is shot. Doesn't stop Blake from being a total horndog, though.

So Bibiana has ONE conversation with a guy and then is crushed when he asks someone else out on a date? Did you think you were the only one talking to him? Like a lot of former "Bachelor" contestants, she comes off like someone who's spent her whole life having men chase her, and has no idea what to do when that doesn't happen.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

So Bibiana has ONE conversation with a guy and then is crushed when he asks someone else out on a date? Did you think you were the only one talking to him? Like a lot of former "Bachelor" contestants, she comes off like someone who's spent her whole life having men chase her, and has no idea what to do when that doesn't happen.

Hey, she called dibbs!

• LOL 7
1 minute ago, DEL901 said:

Hey, she called dibbs!

That's probably not far from the truth, at least in her mind. Like I mentioned above, she's used to having to wear Dude Repellent to keep the guys off her, which has warped her sense of dating etiquette a little bit. I think her thought process is "I showed interest in him, therefore the next step is for him to ask me out," because that's what normally happens for her in the real world. But BiP is filled with women who more or less equal her beauty; the successful women (in terms of finding a relationship) are the ones who really horn in on the men they want.

TL, DR: Playing "Hard to Get" doesn't generally work on this show.

• Love 2

I saw posts saying he shouldn’t have made those texts public. If someone made me out to be way worse than I was in front of the world, you better believe I weak leak some texts, and trust me I’m not a vindictive person or someone who’s on social media much. 

I think the metoo movement has been a great thing, and anyone with a heart feels for Caelynn regarding the horrific trauma she experienced. But people are less forgiving of men now, and a lot of us felt horrible seeing Caelynn cry on Paradise, knowing her history. However, if I tell a man no, and he isn’t taking it for an answer, then he comes to my place, then makes me out to be someone who took advantage of a vulnerable person, I mean seriously? 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Useful 1
  • Love 23
Just now, RealHousewife said:

I saw posts saying he shouldn’t have made those texts public. If someone made out to be way worse than I was in front of the world, you better believe I weak leak some texts, and trust me I’m not a vindictive person or someone who on social media much.

Agreed. Once she impugned his character on national television by telling a demonstrably false version of events, he had every right to respond and defend himself.

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
11 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I think the metoo movement has been a great thing, and anyone with a heart feels for Hannah regarding the horrific trauma she experienced. But people are less forgiving of men now, and a lot of us felt horrible seeing Hannah cry on Paradise, knowing her history. However, if I tell a man no, and he isn’t taking it for an answer, then he comes to my place, then makes me out to be someone who took advantage of a vulnerable person, I mean seriously? 

I’m confused by what you’re saying. Do you mean Caelynn?

Edited by nutty1
1 hour ago, Stan39 said:

So, rather than keep going back and forth about who’s a bigger jerk (Blake or Caelyn) shouldn’t we be going after Chris Harrison, Bachelor producers, and ABC for turning a light-hearted summer romp into this manipulative garbage? They clearly made up this storyline and planned to have Caelyn come in and attack Blake, and the People story suggests they would have known Blake’s side of the story. From the texts, it looks like something neither Blake or Caelyn wanted to publicize, but I imagine ABC/Harrison/whoever talked them into it as a way to get air time. It’s all the more creepy when you consider both Caelyn and Blake have difficult pasts. And yet, the show will get zero backlash for this as we all just agree, “Well, these people know what they’re signing up for.” Just food for thought. 

binocular ethan hawke GIF by FocusWorld

Bachelor producers at Stagecoach.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Stan39 said:

On tonight’s episode of, “I’m going to ambush a guy on national tv and tell him he’s a scumbag when he has no idea what I’m talking about” aka Bachelor in Paradise. Is this what this season is going to be about? BIP is supposed to be a fun, stupid show about dumb people hooking up. I don’t want to watch arguments between people where the audience doesn’t know what happened. All of this is just a case of He Said She Said. This show is better when we have the video of who’s full of crap and who’s telling the truth. 

I suggest you watch Love Island UK on Hulu. It’s like BIP but without  manufactured drama. If you’re not British, turn on captions. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

There is an article on People.com where Bachelor Nation piles on in support of Blake (mostly).  Don't read it if you don't like spoilers.  There's a big one at the end.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

There is an article on People.com where Bachelor Nation piles on in support of Blake (mostly).  Don't read it if you don't like spoilers.  There's a big one at the end.

Will you link it in the Media thread, please?  I'd like to read it (and I love spoilers). 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, bequialife said:

Kristina is all over the map and is just confused, and never know what she wants.  She is talking to Blake the same way she spoke to Dean.  "I am tired of being screwed over", "I don't want to be disrespected".....yet, she allows them to.  Her words do not match her actions. She says one thing but does another.  She is gullible. She is not at all as strong as she thinks she is.  She is all talk unfortunately. She tries to be tough; not workingl

I agree and I have noticed that over the past two years, Kristina's language has gotten a lot more colloquial and cliched.  She has all the catch phrases of a "strong woman" (TM Hannah B) but doesn't act like one.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

Will you link it in the Media thread, please?  I'd like to read it (and I love spoilers). 

Done.  But if you really like spoilers, you need to go to Reality Steve's site.  He has episode by episode spoilers.  I've linking to them in the spoiler thread.

One of the thing Caelynn was furious about was how Blake couldn't read her hurt silence. Come on girl, he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. Plus it was over the phone where you can't even see one's facial expressions. Their convo was hilarious in a way. She just screamed and cried at him nonstop and he was going wtfwtfwtf. LMAO. If she really wanted to clear the air, she would have hear him out. She was the one who wanted to "talk" in the first place, right? 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Generally speaking, anyone who has to tell people they're a "strong person" isn't one.

Exactly. That goes for everything. The smartest people I know don’t brag about how smart they are. The wealthiest people don’t brag about how much money they have. 

The people on these shows who have the meltdowns, frequent tears, and quickly go off on people aren’t exactly my idea of strong, but to each his own. 

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, waving feather said:

One of the thing Caelynn was furious about was how Blake couldn't read her hurt silence. Come on girl, he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. Plus it was over the phone where you can't even see one's facial expressions. Their convo was hilarious in a way. She just screamed and cried at him nonstop and he was going wtfwtfwtf. LMAO. If she really wanted to clear the air, she would have hear him out. She was the one who wanted to "talk" in the first place, right? 

Yeah, I'm beginning to have serious doubts the dude can even read at all.....

• LOL 8
2 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Just got finished watching season 3 of love island UK and finding out Mike killed himself after getting back to real world and not being able to deal with how he was edited really was sad.  

Hopefully ABC is aware of what happened and is monitoring their contestants but I doubt it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I think Caelynn's former trauma is obvious, but Blake is also obviously not emotionally stable.  His tendency to repeat things over and over while talking to himself is a form of self-soothing probably brought about by true clinical anxiety.  Besides being a survivor to a school shooting, wasn't his mom the one who cheated on his dad with someone from his school?  That can't be the most stable of home environments and he's clearly got weird affectations because of it.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
37 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Done.  But if you really like spoilers, you need to go to Reality Steve's site.  He has episode by episode spoilers.  I've linking to them in the spoiler thread.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Alexander Pope said:

I agree and I have noticed that over the past two years, Kristina's language has gotten a lot more colloquial and cliched.  She has all the catch phrases of a "strong woman" (TM Hannah B) but doesn't act like one.

She is a glutton for punishment. Plus she goes for the guy whom all the other gals are head over heal of!  She saw how Dean was treating her last season, yet she watched him and cried, instead of having a nice time.  She listens to his bs. as it was evident he was unsure about her. Then she comes on this show and with a plethora of men, she chooses Blake for a date?  What a waste when she could have had the conversation on a 'non' date! It is hard to watch her put herself through this.

• Love 3

I didn't understand why Kristina was so upset, although she did explain it later sort of. So, she's mad he didn't tell her sooner? Fair enough but she is not doing herself any favors with how she is reacting. He admitted it, I think she wanted him to apologize for being a sleaze? She should have just told him he wasn't what she wanted in a man and left it at that. And left. I didn't really understand her point.

She needs to abandon this franchise.

I also did not watch Becca's season but knew that many people wanted to have Blake as the bachelor... I don't really know why, but hindsight is always 20/20 I guess.

These people need to stop sleeping around! 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, sistersledge said:

These people need to stop sleeping around! 

I don't know this for certain, but I suspect that part of their contract is that they can only ever date people from the franchise and love has to happen on screen or it isn't real.  Just my guess by how they are acting.

Edited by DEL901
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

These people are acting like high schoolers and it is super cringey to watch adults say some of the things they say.

I read the texts right after the episode. Before reading the text messages, the one thing I thought that Blake did that was wrong was hide the fact that he slept with Caelynn. However, even during the episode I was questioning Caelynn's version of the events. She always struck me as a manipulating mean girl. In hindsight, Blake's reaction to her on the beach makes sense. In fact, I think he was being too nice! When she told him she felt disrespected by him and that he treated her like a mistake, I would have said are you kidding me? You are the one who just wanted to bang and keep it quiet. Now, this is assuming the texts are the whole story which, eh, I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't.

I get why Kristina is hurt, but I don't think she should be mad at Blake. She should be upset at the situation and try to move on. Again, I don't think Blake did anything morally wrong, but he's a bit dumb to think everything was gonna be fine.

Honestly, it just looks like these girls are drunk off Blake's dick game and if they can't have him they're gonna get mad. Even Taysha said she was into Blake because everyone else is into him. I get that someone is more desirable when they're popular, but this is bizarre.

The one thing I really dislike about Blake is that it seems that his biggest issue with all this crap is that his image is going to be ruined, and specifically that that will impact his ability to get with women. Guy really needs to destroy his ego.

Hannah is attractive at first glance, but she has the mannerisms of a 12 year old girl. I would be turned off after talking to her. I actually find it creepy that guys like her sheepish act.

• Love 14
10 minutes ago, el diego said:

These people are acting like high schoolers and it is super cringey to watch adults say some of the things they say.

I read the texts right after the episode. Before reading the text messages, the one thing I thought that Blake did that was wrong was hide the fact that he slept with Caelynn. However, even during the episode I was questioning Caelynn's version of the events. She always struck me as a manipulating mean girl. In hindsight, Blake's reaction to her on the beach makes sense. In fact, I think he was being too nice! When she told him she felt disrespected by him and that he treated her like a mistake, I would have said are you kidding me? You are the one who just wanted to bang and keep it quiet. Now, this is assuming the texts are the whole story which, eh, I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't.

I get why Kristina is hurt, but I don't think she should be mad at Blake. She should be upset at the situation and try to move on. Again, I don't think Blake did anything morally wrong, but he's a bit dumb to think everything was gonna be fine.

Honestly, it just looks like these girls are drunk off Blake's dick game and if they can't have him they're gonna get mad. Even Taysha said she was into Blake because everyone else is into him. I get that someone is more desirable when they're popular, but this is bizarre.

The one thing I really dislike about Blake is that it seems that his biggest issue with all this crap is that his image is going to be ruined, and specifically that that will impact his ability to get with women. Guy really needs to destroy his ego.

Hannah is attractive at first glance, but she has the mannerisms of a 12 year old girl. I would be turned off after talking to her. I actually find it creepy that guys like her sheepish act.

One of the most high schoolish things going around (mostly by Demi), “Blake slept with Kristina, then Caelyn, texted Hannah, and went on a date with Taysha. Is there any woman on the show he hasn’t slept with?!?!” Yes, actually. Texting and going on dates isn’t the same as sex. 

I actually don’t think any of these people are actually attracted to each other. Blake became super popular after Becca’s season so I’m sure a lot of these girls wanted to use him for sex, popularity, and for this show. And Blake clearly doesn’t have feelings for these girls. It’s all pretty sick. 

• Love 4