Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: We're Back, Baby

• Start Topic

Airs August 4, 2019

McKayla returns and is having another baby; Chloe worries that Max may go to jail; Hailey looks forward to meeting Matthew's sister; Tyra and Alex get a closer look at their baby.

Where are all my fellow primetime? This trainwreck rivals 90 Fiance. Can't keep the newbies straight yet, but Max is still a douchebag loser and Chloe still needs braces. Plus Makayla? Pretty girl, but so manipulative. Runs back to grandma and grandpa when things get hard. Read her job is an Instagram influencer. Gparents need to boot her out and enjoy life.

• Love 17

How is Caeden (I can never spell his damn name) afford that house?  He must be doing pretty well, or maybe they're renting it but still, it should be decent money going there. McKayla is a spoiled brat. I understand he's probably never home (& hopefully working not running around with the guys), but she could connect with other stay at home moms; they're all different ages. There are plenty of mom's groups out there. Make some new friends for crap's sake. Most moms manage alone with several children too; she's just spoiled & the grandparents continue on & will be spoiling the babies too. She's going to have 4 kids in that house with them someday soon.

• Love 19

I'm so confused! The new girls are sisters? Two of them are pregnant or just one. One just had a baby right? What a fucking mess. Their mother looks exhausted. I'd run away from all of them.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Quilty said:

I'm so confused! The new girls are sisters? Two of them are pregnant or just one. One just had a baby right? What a fucking mess. Their mother looks exhausted. I'd run away from all of them.

I can't remember all their names yet - one is 18, I think, & pregnant - her 16yo sister has a baby. The 18yo found out she was 20wks preg after the sister's baby was born. The cousin - 16 or 18? - also has a baby. They both have girls & the preg one is having a girl. They're all excited to push strollers & dress up their babies dolls.

1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Do not even get me started on that idiot Chloe and that punk ass Max. She sneaks him to her parents' house? She says "he makes me happy"? (meanwhile they never share so much as a smile, and he calls her mother a bitch).

She's in for a world of hurts with that guy. I understand the parents' strategy to try to leave them be, but the not letting him in the house is going to drive her out of the house - with him- as seen in previews. There's no easy answer & probably no way to get rid of him at this point.

Of the new kids, I'm seriously at a loss for words. Hailey and Matthew had sex before they kissed? Hailey was so busy with cheer practice she couldn't remember to take a pill? (she remembers to brush her teeth every day, doesn't she? Jesus Christ). Tyra and Alex first had sex in the back of a van in a Walmart parking lot, while her mother was shopping? I'm sure I was goggling like some kind of tropical fish during these revelations. Holy moly.

They're outdoing themselves this season; pretty disturbing stuff.

• Love 12

And agreed on her grandparents. They are besotted by this little witch, she can do no wrong.

And they're even more besotted by her spawn, so they're going to be supporting her and them for the rest of their lives.

McKayla needs to make up her mind. Either she is an adult and independent, or she is a child, depending on her grandparents for support and validation.

Why should she make up her mind?  Except for all the arguing, which for all I know she thrives on, she's got it pretty good.

4 hours ago, IgnoranceisBLISS said:

Why oh why did these two get pregnant again??!!!!

Usually, it's to fix a relationship.  Not sure if that's what happened this time, but I wouldn't be surprised if McKayla believes it will be the result.

Do not even get me started on that idiot Chloe and that punk ass Max. She sneaks him to her parents' house?

To be fair, I think he got only as far as the driveway, and Chloe went in to get some stuff.  Which is honorable, as she's apparently following the rule that he's not allowed in the house.  It's her parents' line to draw (well, after backing down on the previous ultimatum), but kind of toothless since they provide her with a mini-house-on-wheels for Chloe and Max to hang out in.

I do wonder if they allow her to spend the night at Max's. 

2 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

McKayla is a spoiled brat. I understand he's probably never home (& hopefully working not running around with the guys),

At first I thought he worked super long hours, but McKayla said something about 2:00 in the morning, and wanting to spend time by himself or something, so I get the feeling that he's playing video games or something until late.  Not as good as working, although if he's got a fulltime job that supports them, then no knock on him.  And it's better than running around with the guys.

And speaking of running around with the guys, was that diaper shower the weirdest thing ever?  Did he even know those other guys?  His girlfriend obviously doesn't, if she doesn't even know if they have kids. 

I can't tell the new couples apart yet, but I did notice the hurt on the face of the boy with bad teeth when his dad said two different cutting things during talking heads--one was when the dad snapped that he would never say his son is ready for a baby, or something like that, and that poor kid's face said it all.  Not that his dad's wrong, but I get the impression that he hears a lot of less-than-supportive things slung at him.  By a man who's had his own "issues." 

11 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

They're outdoing themselves this season; pretty disturbing stuff.

Indeed.  The one wanted to get his willie wet, or whatever, and said so in front of the girl's mother?  Jesus.

• Love 8

This season may be more of a trainwreck than 1 & 2 combined. The newbies...whew. The less said, the better. I'm so confused why they're having babies. They can't even take care of themselves. It's ridiculous. 

McKayla is who she is, and Caelan knows it. If he wasn't ready for #2, use protection or alternate forms of sex. Those two are a mess, but they're used to this yo-yo relationship. 

Max is trash. He needs to deal with his addiction issues before he complains about how anyone sees him. Good to see Chloe's parents draw the line (and hold it) at Max coming in the house, especially after he stole from his friend's grandmother. 

• Love 12

All those dogs!! Peeing and I'm sure pooping everywhere. Yeah nice atmosphere for your 2 babies. They need to remember Timothy is still a baby himself. He won't automatically become a "big boy " when the new kid is born. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

She's in for a world of hurts with that guy. I understand the parents' strategy to try to leave them be, but the not letting him in the house is going to drive her out of the house - with him- as seen in previews. 

I like Chloe's parents.  I think they made some mistakes last year in their dealings with Max. but I agree with what they're doing this year. They didn't say she can't see him or can't be with him just he is not allowed in their house. I don't think Max drives I don't know what his legal situation is but he is a poor candidate for being a long-term partner with Chloe. Chloe's parents are supportive both emotionally and financially, they have every right to keep him out of their house. I agree it may push her into his arms but I hope not. 

• Love 12

I know it's not their responsibility, but I'd like to know why Grandpa Tim or Grandma CIndy (or even Mama Shannon) or maybe even Shelly or Calen are not driving McKayla's ass to the clinic and requiring her to get a Depo shot as a requirement of living in their house.  She clearly can't be depended on to be responsible for herself, but why didn't any one of them do that at least?  Now they're all stuck. 

All the other girls are just too stupid that they shouldn't even be allowed to raise babies.

• Love 14

Forgive me if I go on a rant, but I just binge-watched season two, watched a two-hour season premiere of season three, and found this thread.  So here I go:

McKayla and her family are the worst scum of the earth I have ever seen.  I don't think "human" gets much lower than this.  I put most of the blame on her grandparents, especially the grandfather.  They give her everything she wants, without having to work for it, and then they sigh and wonder why she's making shitty decisions...because you're enabling her because you don't want to deal with your own guilt about her mom you dunderheads.  This sense of entitlement they have bestown upon the pinched-nose nasally robot that is McKayla is worse than abuse.  It is my strongly held lay opinion that McKayla has a developmental disability.  She is not in touch with her emotions.  They should have dealt with that rather than let her get pregnant twice.  

I say "let her" because there should be real-world consequences for McKayla's actions.  There was a girl on last season--the cheerleader who was with Diego--who had an IUD implanted in her arm right after giving birth.  After Timmy, McKayla's grandparents should have told her that she does that (and they get to check daily to make sure it's not ripped out) or she's out of the house.  She's 18 now.  Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.  

If the grandparents would have laid down solid boundaries with McKayla and not been so mealy-mouthed with her, I doubt she would have gotten pregnant in the first place.  Just being on this show is poor parenting IMO.  It gives people every incentive to get pregnant again and again, to keeep the Unexpected gravy train coming.  McKayla doesn't work, but she can't raise Timmy in the house because, in her words, "EM-MOT-TION-AL-LY, I'm lonely."  I feel like she's said that a half a dozen times.  Get a life then, jerk.  Meet other moms, like people said upthread.  She's a disgusting excuse for a human and why aren't her grandparents worried about their other grandchildren, who are minors?  Their fixation on McKayla is fucking creepy.

Caelen--cut the ties!  Break up with the bitch, use your Unexpected money to hire a lawyer, get custody locked down, learn how to wear a rubber, and meet another chick.  Why is Caelen's mom kissing McKayla's ass so much?  It makes me sick.  It's got to be easier to go to a judge and work out a custody arrangement than to spend 20 years mediating between your emotionally underdeveloped son and his emotionally underdeveloped on-again off-again girlfriend (just writing that made me tired).  This whole situation is so fucked up.

I also want to know what Caelen does for work.  I am hearing a lot of conflicting information.  Last season he said he wakes up at 6 am and gets home at 9 pm.  Then McKayla said he stays up until 4 am to be alone, and he did not refute it.  I know the brother is 19, but no one is living off two hours of sleep.  I was duped last season by thinking Max was a good guy and Chloe's family was just gaslighting him.  Nope.  Not gonna happen this season.  I want to see a pay stub from Caelen.  Just kidding.  Sort of.  What I want is for him to sit for an interview with McKayla and explain 1.) what his job is and; 2.) exactly which hours he works. He is really pinging as a loser.  Who would get McKayla pregnant twice, other than a loser?

-------------------------------------------

Ok, well, Chloe is doing well.  I'm glad her parents are helping her out.  I do feel bad for her that she has to come home from school and hang out with Max for four hours pretty much every day.  Nuh-uh.  I think they should work out a custody arrangement where Max has time with the baby (hopefully supervised by his dad), but while he works out his issues, Chloe does not need to babysit him.  Max.  Dude.  You left the hospital to get drugs when your baby mama was in labor.  You got arrested for the second time the day after your daughter was born.  You see that chip on your shoulder?  Lose it.  You should be kissing the ground walked on by anyone willing to give you another chance.

----------------------------------------------

Hailey and Matthew--he sucks, and so does his sister.  So does her mom.  She lets Matthew move in and get her daughter pregnant and she feels slightly responsible?  Well, you said a mouthful, sister.  This boy is so immature.  I got incest hits off of him and his sister. He's a total loser, and I'm pretty sure he's cheating on her. 

----------------------------------------------

Tyra and Alex--have to be honest that I am getting this couple mixed up with the other new one a little bit, but is this seriously the bitch who miscarried at five months because she didn't get prenatal care, but only "discovered" she was pregnant this time around at five months?!?!  I can't even speak on how selfish that is.

Just from an aesthetic standpoint, those stretch marks on Tyra were really scary.  I've never seen anything like that.  And Chloe really needs to take her Unexpected money and buy a full set of veneers and get something done with that jaw.  I'm sure insurance would cover a portion of it.  That jaw looks so severe that I wouldn't be surprised if there were legit health complications to it, like with breathing and chewing and all that.

I do find this show highly interesting, and I do wish there was some follow-up from the two blondes from last season.  Even though I can't remember their names, I thought they were interesting because they weren't quite as dysfunctional.  I don't need to see Lexus ever again.  I just hope I can watch this show and not go crazy with how spoiled and vacant McKayla is.  It does help to see there are like-minded people here.  She and her grandparents just may be the worst people on reality TV, and I watch Growing Up Hip Hop:  Atlanta, which is a show full of criminals!

• Love 18

What I'm learning from this show is that if you have reason to suspect your teenage daughter is having sex, you get her an IUD or implant, and if she balks, you take the phone, the car, and maybe her shoes.

The best thing about this show and its ilk is that there's only so much they can fake. These people are really pregnant and really teenagers. There's going to be conflict and disaster. Production doesn't need to cook up any BS. What's not to love?

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
37 minutes ago, IvySpice said:

The best thing about this show and its ilk is that there's only so much they can fake. These people are really pregnant and really teenagers. There's going to be conflict and disaster. Production doesn't need to cook up any BS. What's not to love?

Yes! Loved the train wreck that was Teen Mom, but now they are all rich ( which leads to another train wreck but I appreciate the struggle). The issues these teens are dealing with are real and raw. No manufactured drama is needed.

• Love 6

FYI, I found what seemed to be an extra episode on OnDemand.

I used to think McKayla was cute, but her pretty little face is that of a demon from the pit of hell. Her grandparents are about 10 years older than I am, and look 30 years older. All of that enabling ages people. Look at Shannon-that woman is still pathetic, getting dolled up to have a stilted conversation on camera. Great job, Cindy & Tim! The bruises/marks on Tim’s hands/arms show that his liver is still a mess. I don’t think he’s going to live to be an old grandpa. Then what?

I really dislike Max. He’s a whining, entitled snowflake. I’m starting to have the first little bleeps of concern for Chloe’s family. He’s really angry that they just won’t let him do what he wants because MY DAUGHTER, MY GIRLFRIEND, and I think he holds serious blame grudges. He seems either stoned or out of it (pills aren’t drugs!) which doesn’t seem conducive to becoming independent, or a good dad. He really, really, hates Mother Chloe.

• Love 13
18 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

I like Chloe's parents.  I think they made some mistakes last year in their dealings with Max. but I agree with what they're doing this year. They didn't say she can't see him or can't be with him just he is not allowed in their house. I don't think Max drives I don't know what his legal situation is but he is a poor candidate for being a long-term partner with Chloe. Chloe's parents are supportive both emotionally and financially, they have every right to keep him out of their house. I agree it may push her into his arms but I hope not. 

They're trying, but they should've tried harder to put the breaks on when these two got together. Right now they're providing her with a lovely home, her own car, & most likely paying for daycare because there's no way Chloe could afford any of it. The only stipulation is keeping Max out of the house, so Chloe picks up Max in the car her parents are most likely paying for, & spends hours/day with him & the kid. Max is a known abuser who has put hands on Chloe & publicly calls her mother vile names. It's only a matter of time the baby catches it from him as well. He doesn't need to see his kid hours/day. Any visitation with the baby should be supervised (by a social worker), but with his history this is less about seeing the kid & more about keeping things up with Chloe. He knows what he's doing & she's stupidly along for the ride.

Previews say she will be moving out with Max & has told "everyone" but her parents. Well, wonder who will be paying for everything if that happens. Will she need to quit school & actually take on all expenses, because we know Max isn't going to be helping out. That's a big 'FU' to her parents for helping & supporting her as well.

Chloe is another brat who is getting everything. The show is making it seem like she's a hard worker, doing everything blah blah... but really she's another one being handed everything. Her parents allowed this to happen & now it will continue - Chloe will be connected to Max through their daughter forever, & will probably end up forgoing her own dreams in life to have more kids with him, eventually supporting everyone - or her parents will be supporting everyone - while Max inevitably racks up offenses & does real prison time someday. I can only hope it's not for domestic violence but I could see that happen as well since he's already proved himself unsafe (those guys don't change, they just get worse).

These are all difficult situations, but this is a truly sad coupling that I find hard to watch, similar to that kid Shayden. I don't think Lexus is on the show this season which is good. None of these people should have their behavior rewarded, but I wish they'd just get rid of any couple with abuse going on, period.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Chloe is another brat who is getting everything. The show is making it seem like she's a hard worker, doing everything blah blah... but really she's another one being handed everything. Her parents allowed this to happen & now it will continue - Chloe will be connected to Max through their daughter forever, & will probably end up forgoing her own dreams in life to have more kids with him, eventually supporting everyone - or her parents will be supporting everyone - while Max inevitably racks up offenses & does real prison time someday. I can only hope it's not for domestic violence but I could see that happen as well since he's already proved himself unsafe

Right? She drives to pick up Ava (in the car her parents paid for), from day care (which her parents pay for). Does she work? Does Max? Even if they both work, how will they support themselves on their minimum wage jobs? I'm in Massachusetts and the minimum wage is $12 an hour. I can see a high school kid saying "Wow! $12 an hour! That's $480 a week!" and thinking that's a lot of money. Think again, Sparky. That's before taxes, for one thing. Rent, bills, car (gas and insurance and repairs), groceries eat that up fast. One trip to the ER or one car accident and they are toast. Why are these kids in such a rush to live this life? Why play house with your loser high school boyfriend and start popping out babies at 17? I am baffled by this.

• Love 10
13 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I do find this show highly interesting, and I do wish there was some follow-up from the two blondes from last season.  Even though I can't remember their names,

One was named Laura, which I remember because it was an unusually normal name.  Ah, the irony.

And speaking of names, was it Maelan they were going to call the new one?

1 hour ago, EverybodyIsACritic said:

I used to think McKayla was cute, but her pretty little face is that of a demon from the pit of hell. 

And as @Pepper Mostly pointed out, take a look at her mother and grandmother to see how long she's going to stay cute.  Not sure how much is genes and how much is hard living, but it doesn't look like McKayla is going to be able to avoid either one.

Her grandparents are about 10 years older than I am, and look 30 years older. ... The bruises/marks on Tim’s hands/arms show that his liver is still a mess. I don’t think he’s going to live to be an old grandpa.

I give him about a 25% for looking like hell because he's been sick.  Doesn't explain grandma, though.  And WHY won't Caelan's mother get that damn mole removed?

[Max] seems either stoned or out of it (pills aren’t drugs!)

Good old Max.  That's right up there with when he was saying that being a father as a teenager was going to be some sort of fast-track to being a millionaire at 25.

• Love 7

I’m starting to have the first little bleeps of concern for Chloe’s family. He’s really angry that they just won’t let him do what he wants because MY DAUGHTER, MY GIRLFRIEND

No question, a lot of misery is coming for everyone involved. Max has been a control freak from the word go, intentionally knocking up his teenage girlfriend of 4 months and proudly announcing it on national television. His bizarre excuses for his "mistakes" reveal his belief that accountability is for everybody else, not for him. If people are mad at him for stealing a credit card and buying a mini-fridge (what an idiot, of COURSE they will catch you), then they're mega-bitches. I hate Chloe's mom, but Max has earned every drop of ire she is dripping.

• Love 11

I dont remember the name of the girl..I think she was the cheerleader.  She said something like it was too hard to remember to take a pill, plus she didnt think she'd get pregnant.  You know what's harder.....a screaming baby at 2am, 3am, 4am.....😄 

• Love 5

The other girl was Emiley (yes, that's the way she spells it) and her boyfriend Diego. She tried out for cheer and her mother had a fit because Emiley brought Diego's mother and someone else to tryouts. I felt sorry for her, but I also had some empathy for her mom, because it seems that Bridget was having a hard time with the situation (and she needed therapy). Diego was a little entitled douche, as I recall.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, vmcd88 said:

I dont remember the name of the girl..I think she was the cheerleader.  She said something like it was too hard to remember to take a pill, plus she didnt think she'd get pregnant.  You know what's harder.....a screaming baby at 2am, 3am, 4am.....😄 

Yeah, I think her name is Haley. What a fucking dumbass. Does she remember to brush her teeth or eat breakfast? Taking a pill is not splitting the atom. She's dumb as a rock. And her frowzy, spotty, snaggletoothed boyfriend is no smarter. And he thinks he a great wit! Hoo boy.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, IvySpice said:

No question, a lot of misery is coming for everyone involved. Max has been a control freak from the word go, intentionally knocking up his teenage girlfriend of 4 months and proudly announcing it on national television. (big snip) I hate Chloe's mom, but Max has earned every drop of ire she is dripping.

Don't controlling girls often go from a controlling mom to a controlling boyfriend?  

If Chloe doesn't get some dental work, that spike tooth in her prominent lower jaw is going to eventually nick her nose.  Jessica controls everything else.  Who's their dentist?

40 minutes ago, Adiba said:

The other girl was Emiley (yes, that's the way she spells it) and her boyfriend Diego.

I read that Emiley and Diego won't be on subsequent seasons because Diego's parents wouldn't allow him to participate.  FINALLY, someone who's embarrassed at their family's behavior.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Omg, you guys, this show! This has to be the saddest show on television right now. Add this to the list of reasons why i will never have kids.  I can’t imagine having to deal with my idiot daughter getting pregnant at 16 by her idiot boyfriend.  I didn’t have a great childhood or great parenting but i was never compelled to have sex with anyone while i was high school. I would hear other girls in high school talk about how they give blow jobs to so and so like it was nothing and i just felt sorry for them. All these girls have terrible, inattentive parents and very low self esteem. 

Makayla states that she is 18 and pregnant with baby #2 like she’s proud of that. 

Max is so disgusting.  How on earth did Chloe ever look at him and say yeah, i want that. Ugh he is such a loser. The best thing to happen for Chloe would be if Max commits a crime that lands him in jail for life. 

The other hillbilly losers just don’t stand a chance in life. 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

If the grandparents would have laid down solid boundaries with McKayla and not been so mealy-mouthed with her, I doubt she would have gotten pregnant in the first place.  Just being on this show is poor parenting IMO.

These grandparents seem like very nice people but they just don't have what it takes to be good parents, grandparents, OR great-grandparents.  It takes more than love and kindness.  We need to remember McKayla's mother's many problems (including drugs) as a young woman that caused her to lose custody of her (2) children, so the problems started LONG before McKayla was even born.  Sad all around.

• Love 7
On 8/5/2019 at 11:03 PM, jacksgirl said:

Chloe still needs braces.

That time is long gone; they waited much too long.  She'll need major surgery (breaking/resetting her jaw) and after a long recovery...braces (probably).

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

I thought grandpa Tim looked way better than he did last season. I was at least happy that he looked like he was doing better.  But those poor grandparents.  They're in a tough spot. Their daughter was a drug addict so they probably think Makayla's situation isn't as bad and it's much easier to give your kids tough love than your grandchildren. 

And kudos to Caelan for being able to provide a pretty decent looking house. I don't think we're getting the completely story on them - just some weird mixture of half truths from each side. 

Did Makayla finish high school? 

The kid who moved in with his cheerleader girlfriend.... I kinda like him... I'm sad he turns into a d-bag later on in the season. But holy smokes on not wanting to kiss a guy but you'll have sex with him..  WHAT?!?!?

No comments on Max except good job dad on calling his ass out when he starts lying about not doing drugs. 

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

But holy smokes on not wanting to kiss a guy but you'll have sex with him..  WHAT?!?!?

I was born in '40, so I'm a COMPLETELY lost generation.  I "learned" that oral sex wasn't "sex" from Monica Lewinsky (in my 30s with two kids!).  For most of "us,"  oral-genital contact was LONG AFTER penetration.  Now that it's first or second base, one would think there would be fewer pregnancies, but NOOOOooooo!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

If Chloe doesn't get some dental work, that spike tooth in her prominent lower jaw is going to eventually nick her nose. 

That JAW, man! My god. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it outside the science museum's "fossil record" room.

I'm very interested in Matthew. And when I say "interested," I mean in the "Oh, baby Jesus save me!" kind of way. And between his friends and he, I really think they would struggle not just with changing a diaper, but with tying their own shoes and breathing through their noses.

I was completely distracted during the scene with Matthew and [insert dumb pregnant teen's name I don't remember yet] at the ice cream shop. It seemed in every shot, his ice cream cone got bigger, then smaller, then bigger, then smaller again. I see that TLC is still going strong on hiring the bottom-of-the-barrel editing talent for their shows.

2 hours ago, Adiba said:

The other girl was Emiley (yes, that's the way she spells it) and her boyfriend Diego. She tried out for cheer and her mother had a fit because Emiley brought Diego's mother and someone else to tryouts. I felt sorry for her, but I also had some empathy for her mom, because it seems that Bridget was having a hard time with the situation (and she needed therapy). Diego was a little entitled douche, as I recall.

Read an update on S1 Laura and Emiley. Diego (father of Aria Beckett, everyone calls her Aria except stupid Diego who insists on calling her Beckett). He didn't like how he was portrayed on the show so decided not to be on again. Laura and Tylor married and he joined the service. They were not asked to be on the show again Laura says because they are so boring and have no drama. Laura's parents were very strange.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

I was completely distracted during the scene with Matthew and [insert dumb pregnant teen's name I don't remember yet] at the ice cream shop. It seemed in every shot, his ice cream cone got bigger, then smaller, then bigger, then smaller again. I see that TLC is still going strong on hiring the bottom-of-the-barrel editing talent for their shows.

YES! And he was eating a cone AND a sundae type of thing out of container??? What was that all about??? 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

YES! And he was eating a cone AND a sundae type of thing out of container??? What was that all about??? 

In my very humble opinion, cone and sundae was a burst of supernova brilliance from a 15-watt bulb.

I’m confused by how many cheerleaders we’ve had on the show overall. Emiley last season, Tyra this season, I know there are more, but I’m stuck on cone and sundae.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, EverybodyIsACritic said:

In my very humble opinion, cone and sundae was a burst of supernova brilliance from a 15-watt bulb.

I’m confused by how many cheerleaders we’ve had on the show overall. Emiley last season, Tyra this season, I know there are more, but I’m stuck on cone and sundae.

Note to self—-do not let daughter become a cheerleader

• LOL 12
  • Love 2

First of all it's Caelan, not Caeden.

So, that one tramp found out she was pregnant at 20 weeks?  Missing her period for 5 months didn't give her a clue I guess.  Wtf?

McKayla doesn't want to live in the new house because then she won't have anyone to watch her brat.  She wants to sit and be on her phone all day, and her Grandparents can watch the baby.  Speaking of her Grandmother, I couldn't believe how gorgeous she was just 13 short years ago.  Wow!  When they showed the pic of McKayla at 5 years old with her Gram I was amazed how raising McKayla sucks the life and beauty right out of her.  Caelan may be 20 years old, but he's just as immature as McKayla.  He just had to get his unprotected dick wet, when they had no business having another baby.  McKayla is an irresponsible spoiled brat, a horrible Mother, and there is no hope for her kids.  The only good thing about this season so far is that we haven't been subjected to McKayla's Mother.  She's probably off somewhere using dope again.

Chloe needs jaw surgery.  I'm not sure that would even improve her.  Unfortunately, she inherited her Mother's looks.  Seriously ugly, the both of them.

I wonder if we'll see Emily and Diego this season?  He was an asshole, but he was cute.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Inga said:

Omg, you guys, this show! This has to be the saddest show on television right now. Add this to the list of reasons why i will never have kids.  I can’t imagine having to deal with my idiot daughter getting pregnant at 16 by her idiot boyfriend.  I didn’t have a great childhood or great parenting but i was never compelled to have sex with anyone while i was high school. I would hear other girls in high school talk about how they give blow jobs to so and so like it was nothing and i just felt sorry for them. All these girls have terrible, inattentive parents and very low self esteem. 

Makayla states that she is 18 and pregnant with baby #2 like she’s proud of that. 

Max is so disgusting.  How on earth did Chloe ever look at him and say yeah, i want that. Ugh he is such a loser. The best thing to happen for Chloe would be if Max commits a crime that lands him in jail for life. 

The other hillbilly losers just don’t stand a chance in life. 

Same here.  I was in high school in the early 80's and I never had sex in high school.  Neither did any of my friends.  The girls who did were considered tramps, and really didn't have any friends, except the boys they fucked.  My graduating class had over 200 kids, and there was not one single pregnant girl.

Edited by Honey
  • Love 4
On 8/6/2019 at 12:32 PM, Mswldflwr said:

I know it's not their responsibility, but I'd like to know why Grandpa Tim or Grandma CIndy (or even Mama Shannon) or maybe even Shelly or Calen are not driving McKayla's ass to the clinic and requiring her to get a Depo shot as a requirement of living in their house.  She clearly can't be depended on to be responsible for herself, but why didn't any one of them do that at least?  Now they're all stuck. 

Why can't Caelen use a condom? It's not all the girl's responsibility.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

I find this a bigger trainwreck than 90 Day Fiance which is really saying something. The generational cycles of teen pregnancy is especially depressing and I'm so curious about the contributing factors. One of the new girls said she couldn't remember to take a pill every day; dumb, but she at least had access to birth control which indicates either her or her parents had the financial means and foresight to at least try to prevent pregnancy. It's all so confusing. 

Chloe is back with that jaw. Omfg, that thing is hard to look at. Her mom has a corpse-like appearance to her and is likewise hard to look at. Is it just me or does she look like she's been decomposing for a day or two? They're a nice middle class family - why on Earth was Chloe's underbite not fixed as a child? I judge them more for that than the teen pregnancy. 

The mom-who-was-a-teen-mom and now has TWO daughters who are teen moms...have you ever seen anyone look more exhausted in your life? I can already see those tiny infant daughters holding their own daughters in another 16 years. 

13 hours ago, Honey said:

I was in high school in the early 80's and I never had sex in high school.  Neither did any of my friends.  The girls who did were considered tramps, and really didn't have any friends, except the boys they fucked. 

Literally everyone I know had sex in high school. I have no regrets whatsoever. Exploring your sexuality is normal at that age but having a baby is choosing to life on your on difficult mode and it's so easily preventable. Like sane human beings, we were responsible for our birth control and there was nary a pregnant teen in my graduating class either. 

• Love 11

I know this is going to be a minority opinion, but, I don't believe teens to be mature enough to explore their sexuality responsibly. They're not getting anything out of sex, except the boys are getting laid, & these girls are getting pregnant. The girls have pretty much all confirmed because I don't recall one of them saying they enjoyed it or were really having sex, as in a shared, unselfish experience for both - the guy was just getting off in them - that's it. And I strongly suspect that's the case with most teens - they're just fucking around. Now that can happen at other ages as well, but at least the people are not literally children by that time & should be making more responsible choices, & able to take care of resulting children if it happens.

Maybe it's just me but I'm finding this to be disturbing behavior. I feel like these kids need to be focusing their attention on discovering who they are so they can set up their lives - as in, studying & exploring their various interests that will take them somewhere in life. But fucking around, getting pregnant & having babies before their lives have truly begun just makes everything so much harder; the girls may never really find their place in life, & then their daughters are next... it's just sad.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I know this is going to be a minority opinion, but, I don't believe teens to be mature enough to explore their sexuality responsibly. They're not getting anything out of sex, except the boys are getting laid, & these girls are getting pregnant.

Respectfully disagree. Teenage years encapsulate many years (13-19) so it's a broad range and I do agree with you for younger teens. But for those nearing  adulthood and ready to explore their sexuality, it can be such a liberating and exhilarating experience. Girls are getting laid too and definitely not always pregnant. I found that time so exciting! Birth control is so readily available in so many forms and the semi-permanent kind can't even be forgotten. I'm all for waiting until you're ready, but I don't believe that teenagers aren't ready to explore their sexuality. 

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, alotmorestupider said:

Respectfully disagree. Teenage years encapsulate many years (13-19) so it's a broad range and I do agree with you for younger teens. But for those nearing  adulthood and ready to explore their sexuality, it can be such a liberating and exhilarating experience. Girls are getting laid too and definitely not always pregnant. I found that time so exciting! Birth control is so readily available in so many forms and the semi-permanent kind can't even be forgotten. I'm all for waiting until you're ready, but I don't believe that teenagers aren't ready to explore their sexuality. 

That's fine; we can agree to disagree (& yes I was referring to minors).  However, this show, certainly makes a great case for immaturity.  And most of the girls don't seem like they even wanted sex - many were pressured & that's not a positive or empowering sexual experience.

• Love 11
On 8/7/2019 at 2:46 PM, jacksgirl said:

Read an update on S1 Laura and Emiley. Diego (father of Aria Beckett, everyone calls her Aria except stupid Diego who insists on calling her Beckett). He didn't like how he was portrayed on the show so decided not to be on again. Laura and Tylor married and he joined the service. They were not asked to be on the show again Laura says because they are so boring and have no drama. Laura's parents were very strange.

Laura is also expecting baby number two.

3 hours ago, alotmorestupider said:

We must be from the same headspace! My friends and I were good kids, with good grades, part time jobs, AND responsibly sexually active. I never confused pregnancy with anything other than messing up my life at that age.

My graduating class had almost 700 people, and there were two girls that walked at graduation so pregnant that we all thought they’d give birth before their names were called. One of them was....a cheerleader! Those babies are 33 now.

As far as the show, I don’t think the casting people are looking at mature people. McKayla has been the gift that keeps on giving in that regard. I’ve always thought she was absolutely gorgeous in a delicate, elf/fairy kind of way. I figured she must look like her dad since her mom is more demogorgon than fairy. Until this week. McKayla, around her mouth/chin area, started to look like Shannon when she was being a brat. Horrifying.

• Love 6