Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: Blind Trust

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Women who are clearly gray but dye their hair black or dark brown - that is rough because it really ages them.

Judge Judy is pushing 80 and does that lol.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I should find her show and watch it as I think I am the only person on Planet Earth who does NOT watch her, lol!

Let’s just say she’s aptly named because she looks like the puppet from Punch and Judy.

On 8/8/2019 at 10:04 AM, Neurochick said:

Probably because it's hard to date when you're in your 60's, when men that age are looking for women UNDER 60.

These women want love, just like everybody else, but in this society people think that if you're over 50 you're dead, it's over, you're over the hill.  No wonder these women look for men outside of the US.

giphy.gif

Aside from Jenny (Sumit is NOTHING to look at, although he reeled her in with the catfishing), the women we've seen so far on this show that probably have issues dating in America aren't going outside of the US to find men in their league. They're going to find Mr. Six Pack.  I'd bet Laura could easily find someone in the US to date.  But they won't be Mr. Six Pack. They'll be someone that looks like the male version of Skipper.  She doesn't want that.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Aside from Jenny (Sumit is NOTHING to look at, although he reeled her in with the catfishing), the women we've seen so far on this show that probably have issues dating in America aren't going outside of the US to find men in their league. They're going to find Mr. Six Pack.  I'd bet Laura could easily find someone in the US to date.  But they won't be Mr. Six Pack. They'll be someone that looks like the male version of Skipper.  She doesn't want that.

Laura’s peer would be Libby’s dad.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Chalby said:

I hope Karine gets rid of Paul and then some nice Americans step up and each pay $50 a month for her having to deal with an idiot like Paul for years. I would chip in $10 a month if her parents kept her away from that idiot.

Want to start a GFM on Karine's behalf? 

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Judge Judy is pushing 80 and does that lol.

Off topic, but I HATE JJ's new hairstyle. It's like she's channeling Ruth Bader Ginsburg. 

2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I would also think even if they *were* married, the producers would see that ring and make him ditch it.  So I'm guessing ring is just a ring.

In Corey's case, maybe it's a "purity ring." 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I should find her show and watch it as I think I am the only person on Planet Earth who does NOT watch her, lol!

I don't either.  Something about her yell voice is hard on my ears.  

3 hours ago, sasha206 said:

OMG, I could not love this post more, esp. "Not Without My Vibrator."

Tiffany was a gorgeous bride.  The dress was so flattering on her, the makeup was perfection.  For a big girl, she does dress quite nicely.  

Agree but my lord, I almost expected her wedding dress to be cold shoulder! Everything the girl wears, cold shoulder, I would love to never see her in another one.

She was a gorgeous bride, just beautiful.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

If you let the Ryans stay, I will give you Justin Beiber, Drake, Pamela Anderson, and Jim Carrey.

You can have Celine Dion and Anne Murray but we want the ghost of Leonard Cohen.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I don't care for her brand, regardless of hair color. lol

On 8/6/2019 at 7:19 PM, Wanda said:

On social media, Laura’s son Liam promised things were going to get “ugly” this episode. Only thing ugly was his mothers’ stupidity and misplaced arrogance.

Can we also keep Barenaked Ladies?

Admittedly, I was never a fan of Barenaked Ladies until I saw them in concert a few weeks ago with the boyfriend!  They were fantastic!

• Love 3

I’d like to make a motion to change the name of the Laura/Aladin thread to “Not Without My Vibrator” and the Jenny/Sumit thread to “What a Blow We’ve Been Dealt.” 

Anyone second? 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, Mercolleen said:

Wait, can I have Anne Murray? You can have someone from Rhode Island. 

Excuse me, I am from Rhode Island.  And while a lovely country, I do not wish to be Canadian.

6 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I'd bet Laura could easily find someone in the US to date.  But they won't be Mr. Six Pack. They'll be someone that looks like the male version of Skipper.  She doesn't want that.

A male version of Skipper probably wants a woman who looks like an Instagram model, and that isn't Laura.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

Excuse me, I am from Rhode Island.  And while a lovely country, I do not wish to be Canadian.

I did not mean to terrorize you with Anne Murray!

We could send them the ghost of Buddy Cianci.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Chalby said:

I think Karine would be better off in the rental she likes (that Paul could afford if he has to return home). I also hope he does get sent home because she could do so much better, and I have a sinking feeling that he does not share any of $$ they receive for doing the show. He still can't speak or understand her language even though we're in year 3 of him being in her country? Paul is not a nice partner, and he clearly has psychological and esteem issues. To want a DNA test because she received a text while 8 months pregnant? She needs to kick him to the curb. I cannot stand this idiot.

If we have to claim hideous Laura, then Ryan Gosling and And Ryan Reynolds are staying Canadian...

True about Paul, but Karine is an idiot too. Why is she texting some other guy with Paul right there? She knows he will go ballistic and act irrationally. My guess is she still has her little ass jiggling video up on the internet and is chatting up guys and probably getting $$ from other “Pauls”. She has no interest in working or doing better for herself other than via a man or men to take care of her and any offspring she has. If things with Paul end, she will troll another loser and probably pop another baby or two out. It’s sad but from my observation of her, she has no drive or push to better herself, she will just coast thru her life letting things just “happen”. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 11

So Laura was surprised that Muslim men can have multiple wives?  I knew that, and I've never dated a Muslim nor considered moving to a Muslim country.  They really don't do any research at all.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, lh25 said:

So Laura was surprised that Muslim men can have multiple wives?  I knew that, and I've never dated a Muslim nor considered moving to a Muslim country.  They really don't do any research at all.

Then it becomes, for Laura, two pronged:  "He would never do that!" (denial) or "He better not even THINK of doing that!" (bullying/veiled threats)

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Darcy continues to be the most horrible person on earth.  Does she have nothing else to say--to her sister, to her daughters, to Tom, to us in her THs--except (insert tearing-up eyes and quivering lips) what she has "been through" with Jesse?  My god, she's never going to quit; she is the neediest person I've ever been aware of, and it's all about how she has been made to suffer.

How about how *we've* been made to suffer, watching you stuff yourself into inappropriate clothes, inflate your duck lips to a ludicrous degree, stroke your hair extensions, waggle your ridiculous eyelashes, have a fat-sucking device put on your belly, all while whining tearfully about how tough your life has been because of all you've "been through"? 

Let her get hit by a bus and show us her hours in rehab, learning to walk again; or let her suddenly have no income and lose her home; or let one of her children develop a horrible disease that requires 24-hour care--then I want to hear what she's "been through."

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, Mothra said:

Darcy continues to be the most horrible person on earth.  Does she have nothing else to say--to her sister, to her daughters, to Tom, to us in her THs--except (insert tearing-up eyes and quivering lips) what she has "been through" with Jesse?  My god, she's never going to quit; she is the neediest person I've ever been aware of, and it's all about how she has been made to suffer.

How about how *we've* been made to suffer, watching you stuff yourself into inappropriate clothes, inflate your duck lips to a ludicrous degree, stroke your hair extensions, waggle your ridiculous eyelashes, have a fat-sucking device put on your belly, all while whining tearfully about how tough your life has been because of all you've "been through"? 

Let her get hit by a bus and show us her hours in rehab, learning to walk again; or let her suddenly have no income and lose her home; or let one of her children develop a horrible disease that requires 24-hour care--then I want to hear what she's "been through."

She is one of those people who constantly exclaims, “I deserve love!”  Says who?  Try being loving and lovable, turn down the narcissism and superficiality about 50 notches, and then we will talk about what you deserve.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Spike said:

She is one of those people who constantly exclaims, “I deserve love!”  Says who?  Try being loving and lovable, turn down the narcissism and superficiality about 50 notches, and then we will talk about what you deserve.

This all could be resolved if she just took my unsolicited advice and got with the lifted truck/Ed hardy/affliction bro with the truck.  That guy is out there doing reps right now just waiting for her.......or ashley

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, RealReality said:

This all could be resolved if she just took my unsolicited advice and got with the lifted truck/Ed hardy/affliction bro with the truck.  That guy is out there doing reps right now just waiting for her.......or ashley

45 minutes ago, MajorNelson said:

I think I recall someone telling her that she deserved better (her sister?).  And my thought was "maybe, but can you attract (or be attracted to) someone better?"

1 hour ago, Spike said:

She is one of those people who constantly exclaims, “I deserve love!” 

1 hour ago, Mothra said:

Darcy continues to be the most horrible person on earth. 

Guys, I'm with you 100%, but this is the wrong thread.  Darcey is Before the 90, and this is Other Way.  Think Pole running and dealt blows  🙂

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 8/9/2019 at 9:55 AM, Spike said:

A lot of women of a certain age decide to cut their hair in a manner that makes care super easy but may be less than flattering.  Also white or grey hair can be quite beautiful (check out Emmylou Harris or Margo Timmins) so unnatural dye jobs that are not age appropriate can be off-putting.

You'll have to pry the box of medium blonde hair color out of my cold, dead hands. Although, it probably already helps that even though I'm turning 56 in a few weeks people usually think I'm at least 10 years younger.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

Guys, I'm with you 100%, but this is the wrong thread.  Darcey is Before the 90, and this is Other Way.  Think Pole running and dealt blows  🙂

That is my bad.  So many desperate, fame hungry Americans and so little time.  Sorry @Drogo

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Scout Finch said:

You'll have to pry the box of medium blonde hair color out of my cold, dead hands. Although, it probably already helps that even though I'm turning 56 in a few weeks people usually think I'm at least 10 years younger.

When I was in high school, my dad gave me a ride every day and we'd notice some regulars.  One was a jogging woman who was at least in her 70s (go her for jogging), but she had this cloud of jet black hair.  She fooled no one.  It's easier to suspend belief when you stay in the blonde family.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

My maternal grandmother dyed her hair blonde at home up until the last year of her life, in her early 80s. It always somehow looked natural. She's the one I always mention when I say I plan to do the same.

As long as it’s flattering and done well, stick with it.

My nearly black hair is going grey quickly. And it grows at a rate of about 3/4 to an inch a month. I don’t have the time or patience to keep it up, if I dyed it. The eyebrows however remain Groucho-like black. Not sure how they will look with grey/white hair...

On 8/10/2019 at 7:37 AM, iwasish said:

True about Paul, but Karine is an idiot too. Why is she texting some other guy with Paul right there? 

It's the danger of having Facebook messenger notifications on your phone and then letting your boyfriend hold or look at your phone. Because a guy you have been messaging days or hours earlier can suddenly send you a message that pops up.  

Speaking of which, have we discussed that the cast members never say "Facebook" they speak of contacting each other or other people on "social media." That's always signal to me  that things are kind of scripted because no one really talks like that.

• Love 3
On 8/6/2019 at 7:50 PM, Normades said:

I found it interesting that a few episodes ago Corey couldn't say even basic words in Spanish while at the bar with his friend, but now he's able to communicate with the locals.  I call BS.

He's been coming and going to Ecuador for four years and he still says "Mi nombre está Corey" which anyone who has studied Spanish more than about two weeks would know is wrong.

Edited by gavinmac
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I will add that I think there's no way that while Evelin and Corey were "on a break" her American ex-boyfriend just happened to visit Engabao without her inviting him. Engabao's not the kind of place someone passes through and then bumps into an ex by accident, like a chance encounter at O'Hare on a business trip to Chicago. You have to have a reason to go to Engabao.  She must have asked the guy to come.

Speaking of backwater Latin American villages, are there no houses for rent in Tonatins priced between $260 and $1100 a month?

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, gavinmac said:

Speaking of which, have we discussed that the cast members never say "Facebook" they speak of contacting each other or other people on "social media." That's always signal to me  that things are kind of scripted because no one really talks like that.

On almost every tv show 90% of the time you will hear 'social media' and not the particular app.  So I don't think it's necessarily scripted, I just think they are told and conditioned they can't say Facebook.  And if they do they likely make them start over and say it again. However instagram seems to be just fine! 

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

On almost every tv show 90% of the time you will hear 'social media' and not the particular app.  So I don't think it's necessarily scripted, I just think they are told and conditioned they can't say Facebook.  And if they do they likely make them start over and say it again. However instagram seems to be just fine! 

Which is odd because FB owns IG.

I didn’t come up with The Skipper comparison. I wish I had.

Will the Real Slim Shady please stand up.

Canada, you birfed Laura from your loins .  You are not getting out of this. 

We will take Daniel Di Tomasso and give you Courtney Love. I’m not playing around anymore. 

• LOL 3
6 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

One of my favorite humor/travel writers--after Tony James Slater--is George Mahood, and when he mentions the brand of something he purchased in his books, such as Lays Salt and Vinegar crisps, he'll always add something like this in parentheses "(other brands of salty, vinegary crisps available)." 

• LOL 2
On 8/9/2019 at 1:07 PM, sasha206 said:

Tiffany lives in Frederick which doesn't have a lot of crime, unlike DC and Baltimore.  I also live in Frederick, and even though I recognize there's crime in DC and Baltimore (both cities take me over an hour to get to) it would still shock me to move somewhere with that much crime.

Totally agree!  And I have always loved Emmylou's hair.  What a gorgeous woman!

I live near Baltimore, but South Africa is on a whole different level.  To be fair, though, Frederick has some really bad areas that rival parts of Baltimore.  They aren't big, but they are there (my in-laws have lived there for years).  Westminster, another small "town" near where I live also does.  Unfortunately the drug trade and addiction don't care about geography.  

• Love 2
On 8/13/2019 at 9:57 AM, Dmarie019 said:

I thought Corey actually told us why he already wears a ring or am I thinking of someone else from one of the variations from the show??

I don't remember Corey saying that, but there WAS an American who wore a wedding ring because his jealous fiancee wanted him to show the world he was "taken." These 90 Day couples are blurring together in my mind. Just today I couldn't remember whether a certain couple was on "The Other Way" or "Before the 90 Days" when I wanted to comment about them. 

3 hours ago, magemaud said:

I don't remember Corey saying that, but there WAS an American who wore a wedding ring because his jealous fiancee wanted him to show the world he was "taken." These 90 Day couples are blurring together in my mind. Just today I couldn't remember whether a certain couple was on "The Other Way" or "Before the 90 Days" when I wanted to comment about them. 

That was Jonathan of Jonathan and Fernanda.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1