Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: Blind Trust

• Start Topic

Tiffany's big day has arrived but with Ronald's sobriety on her mind; Deavan breaks some unfortunate news to Jihoon; Laura is seeing another side of Aladin; Paul discovers that Karine is talking to another man; and Corey is forced to face his past with Evelin.

This topic will be locked during the episode. 
If you would like to chat live during the 9pm ET airing tonight, please visit the Live Chat thread: 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Okay, where do we begin?  I have unloaded about Tiff and Ronald, all I can say is her dad is stuck in the 90's. 

Laura and Aladin:  AGAIN with the no knowledge of the culture?  Really?  You are so offended at covering your head during Ramadan?  BTW:  This was filmed in April, by my guess as Ramadan was early May to early June (June 5 or 6 depending on your geographic location.)

Do we REALLY have to go through another "Well gee wiz, I did not realize I had to conform to his culture!!!" AGAIN?

Corey and Evelin - again, I think they are playing us so I don't care.

Ramadan was on May 5 till June 4 this year.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Ramadan was on May 5 till June 4 this year.

I know, it all depends on your geography.  I am a sped teacher and I cased a little guy whose parents were strict Muslim.  My little guy was going to have to choose between the end of the year grade K graduation or the grade K field trip, it all depended on when you saw the sunset from your geographic location.  For us in MN, it was June 5th.

• Useful 3

Laura, unbelievably purposefully ignorant of ME customs/culture.

Evilin, no wonder she doesn't want to marry Corey.  She loves this other guy!

Pole, finding Karine has other men helping her, smh.  But she called it correctly, that he was worried he would look bad if he found out they treated her better than Pole has.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Things Laura also failed to realize: she shouldn't have brought her puffer coat to Qatar, she probably shouldn't wear a bikini to a mosque, she can't get a Wendy's Baconator in a Muslim country, and she probably shouldn't walk around barefoot outside in January in Alaska. Laura has gone above and beyond typical cultural ignorance. She's now being wilfully oblivious. She's working really hard to not know or notice cultural issues around her. It's like sure has an Aladin filter on her computer. She searches for info about Islam, Qatar, and Tunisia, but the only thing that comes up is Aladin's abs.

I was so aggravated with her! She looks like utter crap, fuzzy, limp hair, wilted, unflattering clothes, ugly attitude.  There are countless ways to look good modestly, put on a (clean!) t-shirt and drape a gorgeous scarf around your shoulders, a pair of boho pants and you're all set.  I think I'd enjoy respecting the culture and covering my hair if called for, again, a gorgeous scarf!  Laura should welcome the chance to cover up that hot mess on her head. It honestly looks like she barely brushes it, that's what she insists on flaunting!?

I've never been to the Middle East, but I knew that about the handshakes. You also don't do anything in public with your left hand because that's the one presumably used to wipe.

I'd love to have her opportunity here and it irks me to death to see her behavior. Jenny too.

• Love 21
10 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I found it interesting that a few episodes ago Corey couldn't say even basic words in Spanish while at the bar with his friend, but now he's able to communicate with the locals.  I call BS.

• Love 14
7 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

Pole runs to hide in the doghouse next week. 

1817634821_ScreenShot2019-08-05at10_11_07PM.png.8244a61d87d893e82aeee761d1fa9574.png

What an ignorant loser.  Pole makes no attempt to try and fit in, or learn the language. 

The same goes for Laura who was completely incredulous about wearing appropriate  attire for Ramadan. She was downright rude about it. She takes no interest in the country she's moved to, and seems to want to prove a point. She's taken it upon herself to be all Helen Reddy "I am woman, hear me roar." She's  more concerned about sex toys.  smdh. 

I know WTF was that with him running in there? What an idiot. 

If you move to another country, you need to respect their rules. She acted like it was a big surprise!

Edited by libgirl2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I was sent home to stay on bed rest for a week. Then I had a scheduled C section. I was going to have one anyway, since I had a full placenta previa; they just bumped it up and my son was born 5 weeks early. Deavan is so ridiculously pig ignorant about her condition I seriously wonder about her. Has she suffered brain damage? FAS? She seems so slow and unable to process any kind of information.

I had a scheduled C section for my second son due to full on placenta previa as well.  I called total BS on her "I might have a stroke" because high blood pressure is one thing, to be at risk for a stroke is another.  If that were true she would have not come that day, she would have been wheeled into the OR and her baby would have been delivered or she would have been admitted until she delivered.  She was probably told to chill out and to tell Jihoon (who I kinda like, btw) that you or the baby MIGHT DIE so get your ass on a plane NOW was very unfair and very manipulative.

I have a friend who bank in 1997 went for a check up in mid December and her babies (twins!) were not due until early March.  Her BP was so high that she went from the appointment to the hospital and delivered.  One baby was a pound and a half, one baby was 14 ounces!!!  They both lived, btw!!!

So Deavon, save us your drama.  Sorry if that sounds cold.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
19 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Muslim men can have four wives, but they have to treat them all the same. So maybe Aladin does have four wives--one in Florida, one in Arkansas, one in Ohio, one in North Carolina. They all get the same amount of attention via text and skype. lots of emojis! And they all send him money.

Being the suspicious person that I am, HOW would you prove you aren't being treated like the other ones?  The wife who is being treated better isn't going to be stupid enough to flaunt it in front of the other ones (if they even interact at all.)  She could easily show you a friend's or relative's modest home and you would have no way of knowing she is living far above your standard.  In a country that is this repressive to women, I can't imagine there are laws requiring full financial disclosure/accounting on a regular basis.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Deavan gave the number, 170/(something). Jihoon had no idea wha she was talking about. Mine must have been through the roof. I was overdue and went to the hospital for my checkup because my doctor was there. I was admitted on the spot, put flat on my back, and hooked up to an IV of magnesium sulfate. The next time I could sit up, I had my son with me. Deavan loves her drama. That's how she got on this show. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
12 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I had a scheduled C section for my second son due to full on placenta previa as well.  I called total BS on her "I might have a stroke" because high blood pressure is one thing, to be at risk for a stroke is another.  If that were true she would have not come that day, she would have been wheeled into the OR and her baby would have been delivered or she would have been admitted until she delivered.  She was probably told to chill out and to tell Jihoon (who I kinda like, btw) that you or the baby MIGHT DIE so get your ass on a plane NOW was very unfair and very manipulative.

I have a friend who bank in 1997 went for a check up in mid December and her babies (twins!) were not due until early March.  Her BP was so high that she went from the appointment to the hospital and delivered.  One baby was a pound and a half, one baby was 14 ounces!!!  They both lived, btw!!!

So Deavon, save us your drama.  Sorry if that sounds cold.

And suddenly she’s questioning Jihoons commitment to her. He already has a ticket for the scheduled c-section!!!! Doesn’t that show some commitment? Tickets aren’t cheap honey. You are lucky he’s even coming for the birth. She just wants to have as dramatic an experience as possible. Jihoon is going to be sorry he ever hooked up with her. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 21
4 minutes ago, iwasish said:

And suddenly she’s questioning Jihoons commitment to her. He already has a ticket for the scheduled c-section!!!! Doesn’t that show some commitment? Tickets aren’t cheap honey. You are lucky he’s even coming for the birth. She just wants to have as dramatic an experience as possible. Jihoon is going to be sorry he ever hooked up with her. 

I feel bad for the guy. I like him. 

• Love 20
15 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Being the suspicious person that I am, HOW would you prove you aren't being treated like the other ones?  The wife who is being treated better isn't going to be stupid enough to flaunt it in front of the other ones (if they even interact at all.)  She could easily show you a friend's or relative's modest home and you would have no way of knowing she is living far above your standard.  In a country that is this repressive to women, I can't imagine there are laws requiring full financial disclosure/accounting on a regular basis.

LOL, but in the Arab world, they would all live together! So if Aladin gave Zenaib a diamond ring, all the other wives would be right there, and they'd be completely within their rights to demand a diamond ring too. I just said that thing about the four wives in the US because all the American women on this show are so woefully ignorant about the culture in Arabic countries--he could snow them all and tell them anything, and they'd buy it because stupid.

Not too many Muslim men have more than one wife these days, because it costs money to maintain multiple wives and the resulting children.

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Okay, where do we begin?  I have unloaded about Tiff and Ronald, all I can say is her dad is stuck in the 90's. 

Laura and Aladin:  AGAIN with the no knowledge of the culture?  Really?  You are so offended at covering your head during Ramadan?  BTW:  This was filmed in April, by my guess as Ramadan was early May to early June (June 5 or 6 depending on your geographic location.)

Do we REALLY have to go through another "Well gee wiz, I did not realize I had to conform to his culture!!!" AGAIN?

Laura's "I am woman, hear me roar" act is getting boring. If this is the way she feels, she should go back to the US. Seriously, how can she be so ignorant?

She offended him so much with her stupid purple doodad that it will probably be Ramadan for the next 6 months, lol.

ETA: Barbara, please, I didn't realize you had already referenced Helen Reddy. GMTA, lol.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 22
1 minute ago, iwasish said:

I couldn't help but think Jihoon looked somewhat relieved that he wouldn't have to be there for the birth.  He didn't say "I'll check in to the cost and let you know."  He flat out said no.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 10

How is it possible that I'm liking Aladin more than Laura?

Tiffany is getting on my last nerve. I like the relationship between Ronald and Daniel. That little boy is something special. 

I don't blame Pole for wanting a DNA test. Karine is shady and lazy. I will never forget the first episode of the first season with these two where Pole was showing the video of Karine doing an ass shaking booty twerking dance with her shorts sticking up her ass. Oh, yeahhhhh. Karine has been around. That video probably went out to a lot of guys. 

• Love 18
On 8/5/2019 at 7:54 AM, Drogo said:

Tiffany's big day has arrived

Several ways to look at that.

3 hours ago, blubld43 said:

I've never been to the Middle East, but I knew that about the handshakes. You also don't do anything in public with your left hand because that's the one presumably used to wipe.

That's odd. Aren't most people right handed. Hard enough to get a good polish with your good hand let alone the opposite one. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, SabineElisabeth said:

Tiffany & Ronald:  I truly don't care what happens to Tiffany;  if this all falls apart, she's just getting what her dumb ass is asking for. But I swear to God, I'll hunt Ronald down and kill him myself if he fucks with Daniel. So, for the sake of one of the most awesome kids I've ever seen, here's hoping Ronald and Tiffany live happily ever after.

Corey and The Wicked Witch of Ecuador: Recoup as much of your $$ as you can and GO HOME, dude.  Not only does she have ZERO respect  for you, this chick is repulsed by you. And that ain't changing no matter how many chicken heads you chop off or how fluent you become in Spanish.  So one more time, just to make sure we're clear:  Gather up your balls (if you can still find them), what's left of your money and your dignity, and GO HOME!!

Paul and Karine - Pole, in the doghouse...  I am still laughing. OHMYGOD, that was 19 different kinds of awesome. I heard the words coming out of Karine's mouth... I saw what was happening on the tv screen.... And still, it took my brain just a second to process that Pole - literally  - was in the doghouse.   You can't make this shit up.

If these two are not playing us, this guy is a masochist. And an idiot. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, 100Proof said:
5 hours ago, blubld43 said:

That's odd. Aren't most people right handed. Hard enough to get a good polish with your good hand let alone the opposite one. 

They are raised to eat, write and do everything except wipe with their right hand. The left hand is considered the sign of the Devil. That's why the right hand is the one that they chop off as punishment for crimes. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

What was up with Devean's makeup?  I still hate Tiffany but I gotta give her props for wearing a gown that FIT and was flattering, not stuffing herself like a sausage into a strapless wonder that was Nicole.

I think Tiffany has a better figure and more sense than Nicole. She really highlighted her best features-Good hair, pretty face, nice shoulders, small waist. Bless her heart, but Nicole is shaped like a fireplug. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, 100Proof said:

Several ways to look at that.

POLISH??? HA! Never heard it put quite that way before but I like it!

I'm embarrassed as an American for these ignorant people who refuse to do the least little bit of research in culture and customs for the countries they've decided to flee America for.

• Love 8
56 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Stay tuned for the next installment-Not Without My Vibrator. Will Laura manage to flee her oppressive husband escaping through the rugged mountains of Afghanistan? Will her cover as TV’s popular character The Skipper be detected? Will her cheap ass Payless booties withstand the relentless landscape and toe jam?

Tiffany was a beautiful bride. It’s nice to see a flattering, non stripper wedding dress these days. And yes, Ronald looks like that dumbass Ryan Lochte. 

Karine is so slow looking. Like she has the metabolism of a sloth. Neither parent is attractive, but Pole’s sharp features melded with Karine’s potato face may give their child a chance. Unless of course Pole is Not! The Father!

No cares about Evelyn and what’s his name. Clearly faking their drama. 

Skyping Jihoon looked like a ghostly character in a Park Chan Wook movie from the early 00’s. 

OMG: Not Without My Vibrator. That is too funny.

Paul in the doghouse was fucking crazy. He needs some serious help because there's a whole lot that is not right with that dude.

Tiffany looked lovely, but I fast-forward through 90 percent of her scenes because she says the same bloody thing over and over and over. Daniel and Ronald do have a sweet relationship. Where are they getting money? I don't think there's been any mention of it at all, which is unusual.

• Love 12

The only good thing I can say about Tiffany and Ronald is the wedding looked lovely. She picked a nice dress and her makeup and hair were true to her.   Daniel is so stinking cute. 

She loses all points for parenting in my book though.

I was high as hell and I stopped and played Pole? escaping to the dog house on a loop. Took stills. Now that's entertainment and great weed working together as a team.

• LOL 12
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

What was up with Devean's makeup?  I still hate Tiffany but I gotta give her props for wearing a gown that FIT and was flattering, not stuffing herself like a sausage into a strapless wonder that was Nicole.

Tiffany obviously spent time selecting a dress that was flattering on her and didn't make her look cheap. I think she knows how to dress herself much better than Nicole. Just because you like it doesn't mean you should wear it. I see cute strapless dresses but they just don't look very good on me. I have broad shoulders and end up looking like a linebacker. 

• Love 7

There is something very weird about this show---Corey and Evenlyn's ex---I think are the same- look at them.  

Anyway- Corey- go find your little mormon girl- someone who will stay home pregnant and barefoot.  I dont know why he is even involved with her---she is obviously a sexy, strong woman- and his beliefs wont allow him to sleep (sex) with her before marriage- and she obviously wants her "space"-and some passion in her life- and he wonders why she made " a mistake with her ex"?  she is probably going crazy- aside from the fact that she has different goals--He wants a bunch of kids- she wants no part of that.  So unless there is something going on that they are trying make the irrelevant--relevant- (both of them)---I have no idea what he sees in her.  She is rude, she is insensitive- and Evelyn (as far as what the producers want us to know)--cares only about Evelyn  But check out the ex and corey photos---they look like twins (I think they are the same person).  Corey- you are getting on my nerves big time.  you have dated her 4 years?  And you act like everything is a surprise?  You didn't figure out anything in 4 years?  I will say no more. 

On to Paul---what a knucklehead.  Temper tantrums, wanting a DNA test after he knocked up Karine- and is so offensive and so obnoxious-and then wonders why her parents don't like him  HMM why is that Paul?  Could it be you act like an idiot and are with their pregnant daughter?  ---he is only 35- and lived with mommy before- has obviously never grown up and probably never will.  I think Karine has figured this out- but is kind of stuck being pregnant.  He is a little boy having a baby.  Scary. WHy would you go to a foreign country broke with a baby on the way.  I feel for Karine- she knows the guy is a loser- too bad she figured it out 8-9 months too late.  He bitches about bugs---he is in the JUNGLE.  he is an idiot.  Paul- if you don't treat her good-I would be tempted to find your idiot ass.  She is naive and I think could be very sweet- she is trying to find some security- because you are unable to give her anything.  LOSER.  I just get so annoyed watching this jackass- someone is sending her money- because he is a cheapskate and can't- he has nothing, ---not even enough to buy a condom---and now is jealous because someone is helping her?  LOSER is too kind. 

Sumit/Jenny---why these old ladies (jenny/Laura)  go marry these young guys in countries where women have few rights---And Sumit CATFISHED HER and lied, and she was still so desperate she stuck around---nd whats worse INDIA where women have no rights- or little rights---and then wonder why he runs home when daddy says "come home"---they obviously do not understand the culture.  Yet- she is so desperate- or is getting paid a lot- or something to stay- because I can't figure out why she doesn't get on the first plane home.  She needs to stay home and meet a guy in his 60s not an indian guy young enough to be her son.   She will be constantly disappointed and hurt.

Laura/Aladin ---the vibrator and men in the middle east.  She just doesn't get it- she didn't know about the polygamy, the rules of their religion that require women are to be covered up-and that women have zero rights- sex is for the man- its OK for men to cheat- but women can be killed if they cheat--its still the same as it was 1000 years ago.  SO she acts like its a big surprise---you would think they would investigate the culture before moving around the world to be with a guy 1/2 her age especially in a MUSLIM country.  She thinks she is going to change him---"just because we are in his country- I will not be subservient to him?"""Uh- yeah you will.  You might find yourself stoned (not with drugs--but rocks) or hanging from a rope.  They do not tolerate outspoken women or non conforming women---why do you think they all wear burkas or cover themselves? They have no choice. 

Deavan and Jihoon--she seems sweet- but she is what 22?  And she has a 3 yr old?  Then she gets knocked up the first time she met Jihoon?  And now she is upset that he cant drop everything and come from Korea in 3 days?  I feel for her- and I'm sure its difficult to have a complex pregnancy without the father there to support you- but she has made poor choices---obviously.  

TIffany/ronald---Tiffany is a beautiful smart girl. BUT WHY would she move to S. AFrica with her son?  I think that is incredibly selfish. and stupid- and once again- she acts like S. Africa is a huge surprise---I mean- again- no research, no clue---I have done more research about vacation places than these women have done --and they are going to get married and live In a strange place.  DUH.  At least she has Ronalds Mom in her corner---Corey, Jenny, Laura,  and idiot Paul don't have that.  

Otherwise this show is such a waste of time--the editing is atrocious- and it takes 3-4 weeks to get the answers to where they left the show previously.  

Edited by talons
  • Love 12

Jihoon/Deavan- I can’t with her.  She’s totally that friend everyone ignores because she is always seeking pity and killing all happy vibes. She was asking him to be there like it was a favor or something,the way I would ask my husband to pick up milk on his way home. 

She has a kid already,she should be aware of the complications or that babies come when they want to.If they ever go thru with marriage she will for sure remind him everyday how he missed the birth.

Laura-Sweetheart, if you wanted to have Your rights and freedoms as a women, then you should have stayed in your country. You are not Moses, you are not going to lead women to the promise land. 

Karine/Paul- I always imagine when the locals see Paul they think “Who did this guy kill in the US? For him to be hiding away in this shithole. “ 

Tiff/Ronald- what’s the point in getting married if you have no fucking idea on where you will be living? 

And can we stop with the dramatic clips of how dangerous South Africa is? I”m sure it can be,but the area they are in looks to be pretty decent. Lots of nice houses and cars with people living the same lives as Americans.

• Love 14

First of all, it is noteworthy that Laura is NOT an ugly American, she is an ugly Canadian!  Hey, it's a small victory, but finally someone is representing a country other than the U.S.  No offense to Canadian posters, but it's a relief to finally have an intentionally ignorant participant on this show who is not from the U.S.  Ahem, I shall continue on.

Laura frustrates me to no end.  She actually said that she wore shorts on her first trip and Aladin explained that was just not done.  Did she think that was the only difference she would experience living in Qatar?  Although she talks "tough" she did let Aladin buy the outfit for her, so maybe a step in the right direction.  If one doesn't like the culture of another country, then don't go there (I know!  I must be some kind of genius to have figured that out!).  By the way, Laura and Jenny do NOT represent all women of a certain age and above as I believe that most of us would be very respectful of other cultures.  And, dare I say it?  We would actually, you know, try to find out information before going!

Tiffany also bothers me so much.  She talks about everything she has gone through with Ronald, how he better not break any of her rules, and that if Daniel is unhappy she'll leave South Africa.  Yep, we all know that talk is cheap.

You all are so much more compassionate than I am about Deaven.  Concerns are a plenty about her condition.  My cynical self is all "yep, baby is coming early...suuuure."  Baby is right on time due to Jihoon not being the father (my opinion only, no evidence or spoilers).  I googled (see Laura and Jenny?  It's easy) and if a pregnant woman has a 170 blood pressure reading it calls for hospitalization.  Not just "trying" to be less stressed.  

Oh, and the reason Evilyn's ex is her ex?  He doesn't have any more money.  He probably had his last $1,000 while Evilyn and Corey were on a "break" but now is down to nothing and so, in spite of his proclamations of love, Evilyn is done with him (again, opinion only).

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

First of all, it is noteworthy that Laura is NOT an ugly American, she is an ugly Canadian!  Hey, it's a small victory, but finally someone is representing a country other than the U.S.  No offense to Canadian posters, but it's a relief to finally have an intentionally ignorant participant on this show who is not from the U.S.  Ahem, I shall continue on

Nice catch!!!  I forgot she is a Canada Girl!!!!  Laura - you are NOT representing Canada well AT ALL.

• Love 10

Apparently, from the previews, Jihoon gets to watch the birth through the surgery cam next week. I bet he faints from all that blood, fluid, and other mushy red stuff. I doubt he's had much exposure to such things except in  video games. Devan is going to make sure he knows exactly what she went through. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, magemaud said:

They are raised to eat, write and do everything except wipe with their right hand. The left hand is considered the sign of the Devil. That's why the right hand is the one that they chop off as punishment for crimes. 

I believe in all kinds of stuff... weird and otherwise... everyone does. Its how one's brain anchors itself to some (hopefully) form of consensus reality. However, I don't go about making idiotic religions out of them. ;-D

Edited by 100Proof
  • LOL 2
22 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Nice catch!!!  I forgot she is a Canada Girl!!!!  Laura - you are NOT representing Canada well AT ALL.

Canada can have her back. We will keep Rush, and some sundry hockey players.

• Love 4

On social media, Laura’s son Liam promised things were going to get “ugly” this episode. Only thing ugly was his mothers’ stupidity and misplaced arrogance.

17 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Canada can have her back. We will keep Rush, and some sundry hockey players.

Can we also keep Barenaked Ladies?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

So, those of you who think Evilyn and Corey are playing us, do you think they're really happily married (I did notice Corey's ring)?  She's just so awful, and he seems so desperate.  It seems like the crew would have noticed and asked him to remove the ring, though. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
34 minutes ago, steff13 said:

So, those of you who think Evilyn and Corey are playing us, do you think they're really happily married (I did notice Corey's ring)?  She's just so awful, and he seems so desperate.  It seems like the crew would have noticed and asked him to remove the ring, though. 

He's enough of a wimp that he would wear a ring pre-marriage as a sign of his commitment and to let the ladies know he's taken. I don't think they're married, I think he just likes to be dominated and treated badly and that's why he stays with her. Maybe also it's an escape from a Mormon lifestyle he doesn't want but isn't brave enough to admit to so this is easier for him. 

• Love 9