Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Episodes happen in episode time. This is an episode thread.  It should not include information from social media or other sources.  Please place that information in the appropriate thread. 

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I know this show is their job, but is it enough money for their off season?  Some of them have support, a job, a husband, but some have nothing else coming in, like Craig, Austin. and maybe some of the girls.

I have no idea how much any of them makes.

My point was that this show is a job for each of them.  Whether it's their sole support or a second job, it's still a job.  People arrange for childcare in order to go to their jobs.

They're not out at these events purely for fun.  They are earning a living.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I know this show is their job, but is it enough money for their off season?  Some of them have support, a job, a husband, but some have nothing else coming in, like Craig, Austin. and maybe some of the girls.

I think they are all making plenty of money. Reports are out there that Cam and Shep make $450K a season. I imagine the others are making at least $250k a season. Good money for doing essentially nothing except being filmed having crazy arguments and getting drunk.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Pickles said:

I think they are all making plenty of money. Reports are out there that Cam and Shep make $450K a season. I imagine the others are making at least $250k a season. Good money for doing essentially nothing except being filmed having crazy arguments and getting drunk.

Madison isn’t a full cast member so she isn’t making nearly that and most likely only gets paid if she appears in an episode. For instance last season Ashley didn’t get paid at all because she was just a plus one to Thomas.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 8/8/2019 at 2:36 PM, Mindthinkr said:

No, but you are better off bringing a thin flask that you put either in your boots (most boots, especially if custom made, fit snugly against the calf) or inside jacket pocket. (The salt can go into a contacts case and the lime can be precut and put into a snack sized ziplock). Not that I’ve ever taken booze on a ride 😉.

Yes I am quoting you for a second time.  Some people in my family went canoing/camping and I told them about the contacts case/salt trick.  They used your idea!  You smartie you.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, jumper sage said:

Yes I am quoting you for a second time.  Some people in my family went canoing/camping and I told them about the contacts case/salt trick.  They used your idea!  You smartie you.

I’m tickled that my small bag of tricks worked well for your family members. 

P.S. Small pill containers work well too. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 3

I could not be more happy to see this season end. I usually enjoy this show but this season was really terrible to me. I'd like to never ever see that fucking recording of Austen again in my lifetime. 

I feel like I'm watching out of obligation and that is never a good thing.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, FairyDusted said:

I could not be more happy to see this season end. I usually enjoy this show but this season was really terrible to me. I'd like to never ever see that fucking recording of Austen again in my lifetime. 

they will totally find a reason to show it next season if he's still on

• Love 3
3 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

Personally, I hate that Austen's stupid video made me want to gouge my eyes out, and his stupid back and forth with Madison and the guys ate this season.  I guess they had nothing else, but holy moly, someone should have realized AUSTEN cannot carry a show!

Edited by izabella
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
22 minutes ago, izabella said:

Personally, I hate that Austen's stupid video that made me want to gouge my eyes out, and his stupid back and forth with Madison and the guys ate this season.  I guess they had nothing else, but holy moly, someone should have realized AUSTIN cannot carry a show!

And whatever company made his boxer briefs should sue him for defamation.....

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
On 8/8/2019 at 10:48 AM, Natalie68 said:

I have come to the conclusion (in my head anyway) and mentioned it before that I think the whole Austin 3-some and Madison 'catching' him was a way to give her a regular spot on the show and give him some sort of hot guy cred (didn't work).  The chlamydia grenade was the final act to seal the spot.  I think they are a poseur couple and they have wasted my time with this bullshit story.  I would like that muppet and his horrible gf to go away.

I'll go one farther and say that I think it was to give BOTH of them a reason to be on the show this season.  What is Austen's storyline without Madison?  He was already the "new" guy.  He lost/quit his job and was going to develop his own beer.  If anyone watches Summer House, you already saw Kyle Cook get farther with his own drink than we've ever seen Austen get with his beer, and Kyle's drink was a minor part of the show.  Austen's beer failing wasn't even a major storyline.  We don't even know why it was too expensive to make and we didn't see him try to find other people to make it, nothing.  He broke up with Chelsea, it became clear they aren't getting back together because he was a leech and she paid for everything.  So now we have Austen jobless, no ambition, and no girlfriend.  Oh, wait, in the offseason there's suddenly a video of him caught having a threesome by the girl he's dating? And then he's on and off with this girl all season? Still, how does that make him all that interesting to anyone else? Nah, she's got to start trouble with other people, so he has to have drama with the guys, so she fights with Shep.  And now they are both on tv and have a storyline.

• Love 4
On 8/10/2019 at 5:02 AM, halkatla said:

Sober Craig can decipher complex human emotions and offer wisdom and guidance (but very few will listen). He really nailed everything about Austen´s situation, down to the littlest detail. He is such a wonderful personality, I know he has flaws but there really is no-one like him on tv.

I love Craig, he’s a good guy, and very perceptive and sensitive.  Any time he lashed out, I think it was due to his own insecurities.  Hopefully he will realize what a great guy he is and gain some confidence!

On 8/11/2019 at 1:10 PM, Pickles said:

This is when I need the 🤮 button.

12 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

I’m with you!  I’m so bored throughout the whole show, why do I keep watching??  At one point we were watching Naomi and Metul order lunch- why would that be a scene in a show???  

I even deleted it from my dvr.. only to put it back to finish out the season.  But I’m out next season unless they get some new blood and lose Danni and Naomi.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I even deleted it from my dvr.. only to put it back to finish out the season.  But I’m out next season unless they get some new blood and lose Danni and Naomi.

*sigh* I agree this show has lost its flair and I hate to say this but I miss T-Rav and J.D.  Yeah they are douche bags and I wouldn't want to spend time with them IRL but for reality tv they are GREAT!  There are too many people on this show that don't do anything and that's a shame because I really like them.  Whitney, Danni, Naomi, Cameran....I like them all as people but holy cow they are just taking up space.  Give them something interesting to do or replace all of them!  As much as Madison gets on my nerves she does make for great t.v. so keep her and all the other originals.

• Love 3
On 8/12/2019 at 8:40 PM, heatherchandler said:

I love Craig, he’s a good guy, and very perceptive and sensitive.  Any time he lashed out, I think it was due to his own insecurities.  Hopefully he will realize what a great guy he is and gain some confidence!

This is when I need the 🤮 button.

I’m with you!  I’m so bored throughout the whole show, why do I keep watching??  At one point we were watching Naomi and Metul order lunch- why would that be a scene in a show???  

I agree this season was bad, but I am not ready to give up yet. They do need to lose Danni and Naomie for sure and see if they can bring in some actual adult males, that realize they are adults. But, I loved this show in the beginning, I still enjoy the scenery and Patricia and I guess I am one of the minority that still likes Cameran and I even like Whitney. I used to watch lots of BRAVO, my guilty pleasure, but the only Housewives I have left after dropping BH are NY and OC, and 2 episodes into to OC, I am pretty sure I won't make it through the season. Love Southern Charm, NO,  but pretty sure they won't be back. So, not ready to dump my old friends from Charleston just yet. Just hoping for some positive changes.

• Love 2