Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E18: Head of Household #6; Nominations #6

• Start Topic

The downside to spending so much of this episode on the big fight is that we didn't get to see all the 6-shooters groveling to Jessica and throwing each other under the bus (presumably). 

So, Jack considers the players not in his alliance "floaters?" They're floaters because you deliberately chose to exclude them from your alliance. It's not as if they chose to be floaters. Nobody seems to understand what that word even means anymore.

Jessica, Cliff and Nicole shouldn't get too cocky. That HoH was basically a crapshoot, I think it was more luck than anything else.

It was still funny to see their reactions to the big fight going on in the next room though, I have to admit. And WTF is wrong with Jack? 

I'm not clear to what extent Holly and Kat really knew each other. The show never really explained that like they did with Tommy and Christie, which is weird.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, harleybeanswind said:

Ohhh I didn’t know if Cliff had worked out that they knew each other. Their exact relationship would be a tricky one to guess, for sure.

I don't think Cliff figured out that they knew each other outside the house. He just know that they're very close in the house.

• Love 4

So, I was out all last night - Motionless In White, Halestorm and Alice Cooper were all playing the Grand Ole Opry House - and I’ve just now gotten caught back up.

Only thing I can say is - Interesting.

Oh, and 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.  But mainly “interesting”.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, laurakaye said:

My question is, why was Holly hosting that HOH instead of Julie?  I don't like hearing anyone else yell "Answers are LOCKED" unless it's Julie Chen Moonves.  That was odd to me.

Julie didn’t host because the HoH happened after the broadcast. But you’re right, I don’t remember anyone but Julie hosting a quiz like that.  

• Love 1

Jackson is going to one day absolutely burst into one million enraged pieces of Jackson the more pissed he gets but fuck’s sake, Holly.  Read the room.

When he lost HoH, he seethed over to the chair silently and sat down.  So why did she feel the need to coach him?  When he was pissed in the storage room, she was goading him on in the exact wrong way.  Sometimes, you gotta walk away and let the sucker sulk.

That said, Jack is SO MUCH more annoying.

Christie’s face looks puffy.  Has it always been puffy?

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

This is one of the things that makes feel that this whole thing was scripted, playacting.

No it was not scripted. 

Remember you only see the condensed version of anything that goes on in the BB house on TV.  And a version that starts out from point A and goes to point B as the editors try to make some sense ot the storyline so have it have a beginning, middle and end like a script indeed would. 

But in reality it went on for

Spoiler

80 freaking minutes and was totally real. 

It caught production totally by surprise which was why Julie was saying on the live show they had no idea who was going home that night. 

As she told the studio audience prior to the live show, there was a real "shitstorm" going on back there and no one knew how it was going to turn out.  That was why she was so pumped last Thursday.  It all was up in the air until the last few minutes.

8 hours ago, mertensia said:

If you're not familiar with New York City you have no idea of how big Staten Island is or isn't. I don't. 

I don't live near NYC but I sure as heck know Staten Island is way the smallest of the boroughs and politically the most conservative by far as well.  I just figured it was common knowledge too.

And Tommy, no real Broadway actor does this over the top crap.  Only ensemble lifers with no real talent.

Edited by green
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, green said:

No it was not scripted. 

Remember you only see the condensed version of anything that goes on in the BB house on TV.  And a version that starts out from point A and goes to point B as the editors try to make some sense ot the storyline so have it have a beginning, middle and end like a script indeed would. 

But in reality it went on for

Reveal spoiler

80 freaking minutes and was totally real. 

It caught production totally by surprise which was why Julie was saying on the live show they had no idea who was going home that night. 

As she told the studio audience prior to the live show, there was a real "shitstorm" going on back there and no one knew how it was going to turn out.  That was why she was so pumped last Thursday.  It all was up in the air until the last few minutes.

I don't live near NYC but I sure as heck know Staten Island is way the smallest of the boroughs and politically the most conservative by far as well.  I just figured it was common knowledge too.

And Tommy, no real Broadway actor does this over the top crap.  Only ensemble lifers with no real talent.

I'm from Wisconsin and live in Arizona with about zero interest in NYC. I had no idea.

• Love 4
On 8/5/2019 at 11:46 AM, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

If Christie doesn't use it now, this whole "Whacktivity" thing (and what a stupid, stupid, stupid title) will have been a big nothing-burger.

Like basically every other twist BB has ever attempted.

On 8/5/2019 at 12:31 PM, iMonrey said:

So, Jack considers the players not in his alliance "floaters?" They're floaters because you deliberately chose to exclude them from your alliance. It's not as if they chose to be floaters. Nobody seems to understand what that word even means anymore.

Related to this sentiment: I recently watched a video that, as a viewer of this nonsense since S2, I thoroughly enjoyed. In case you're curious:

19 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Has he even ONCE not been a total jerkass?

No.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Like basically every other twist BB has ever attempted.

Related to this sentiment: I recently watched a video that, as a viewer of this nonsense since S2, I thoroughly enjoyed. In case you're curious:

No.

Excellent video! And I kind of want to punch Rachel Reilly in the face for completely misusing the term, in an unfortunately memorable sound bite. (Which had to be scripted, right? The way she repeats the "line" a couple times is a dead giveaway.)

Original Recipe Dr. Will was a hottie. (Extra Crispy version not quite as much.)

But he still pales in comparison to Kaysar, my true all-time BB fantasy eye candy.

And as if that flashback wasn't excellent enough, in a miraculous coincidence, Pump Up the Jam just came on Music Choice. TECHNOTRONICS!

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, Dewey Decimate said:

Excellent video! And I kind of want to punch Rachel Reilly in the face for completely misusing the term, in an unfortunately memorable sound bite. (Which had to be scripted, right? The way she repeats the "line" a couple times is a dead giveaway.)

Original Recipe Dr. Will was a hottie. (Extra Crispy version not quite as much.)

But he still pales in comparison to Kaysar, my true all-time BB fantasy eye candy.

And as if that flashback wasn't excellent enough, in a miraculous coincidence, Pump Up the Jam just came on Music Choice. TECHNOTRONICS!

I thought so too! I like Rachel, but "FLOATERS GRAB A LIFE VEST. KRISTEN." will always make me grumble at her.

I think someone this season - for some reason I want to say Christie? - used the term "bouncer" once or twice and I didn't hate it. Especially if people are going to continue to use "floaters" incorrectly.

• Love 1

I wonder if eating lots of watermelon started out as part of Jackson’s weight loss regimen. It’s mostly water, so one can eat a lot of it without consuming a lot of calories. Now it’s a habit/comfort food. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Kris117 said:

I wonder if eating lots of watermelon started out as part of Jackson’s weight loss regimen. It’s mostly water, so one can eat a lot of it without consuming a lot of calories. Now it’s a habit/comfort food. 

I think you're exactly right.  The same could be said for his cucumber habit.

On 8/5/2019 at 5:38 PM, mojoween said:

Jackson is going to one day absolutely burst into one million enraged pieces of Jackson the more pissed he gets but fuck’s sake, Holly.  Read the room.

Need a gif of a Lego man bursting into a million legos. 

1 hour ago, HeShallBMySquishy said:

Didn't the other person (Jack) just continue eating as well?

Yes!  🤢🤮🤢🤮

• LOL 1
  • Love 1