Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: Week 1, Part 1

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Just Carol said:

Hearing Hannah B slowly form the words that she was okay with Demi's "fluidness" is great.  Wonder how Luke P would view that.

I was confused by that segment. Is Demi coming on a dating show even though she’s seeing someone back home? But it’s ok because she says it’s “not exclusive”? I thought that was still frowned upon on these shows. 

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I still think she would have been better than Hannah B.

In saying that I'm not comparing the two as we all saw what a wreck Hannah B's season was, I just think that Hannah G. would have been painfully boring: "And I LOVE sunsets!!" I feel she is very pretty and seems sweet there doesn't seem to be much going on beneath the surface there.

I miss the little Japanese girl bartender, can't think of her name right now. 

Yuki.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, Just Carol said:

Favorite part so far is someone saying that so-and-so is "the total package" ... and then editors give us a good look at JPJ's "package" in the Speedo.

The real heroes of Paradise are always the editors, they make this whole show for me! The pretense from the mothership that this is all super romantic and serious is just gone. 

Blake literally booked it when things looked like it could get awkward, it was hilarious. You almost expect to see cartoon whoosh effects following him. I dont really get why all the girls are falling all over themselves for Blake, he just looks like some dude, and isn't exactly Mr. Charisma. Even without hearing about his bad choices with women in the past, I dont get the "hot commodity" crap.

The most interesting thing that could happen is if Demi hooks up with one of the girls, and everyone is just SHOOK. Adding a sexually fluid people in this show could actually shake things in this franchise up a bit. Despite what Chris Harrison always says, I highly doubt this will be anymore "shocking" than any other season of this show.

Annalise Annalise Annalise. She is such a lovely woman and has a perfectly pleasant personality, but...she just reeks of desperation. Like, you can smell it coming off the screen. Granted, thats how it is with lots of contestants who have shown up on this hot mess express a certain amount of time, but with Annalise, she never even tries to hide it. Girl, find a nice normal guy in  the real world! 

Cam clearly came here to play a character, not be a real player in any of this. Which is fine of course, thats why this show exists! So the franchise never has to throw away their quirkiest quirks just because no way would the Bach/orette actually want to lock that down!

I keep expecting Jed to come walking up the beach strumming his guitar any second.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Caelyn is repulsed by Blake but chooses to sit right next to him when Kristina shows up? And instead of just confronting Blake or the group with this she’s choosing to milk this for all the attention she can, telling everyone individually. I’m already tired of her. 

I am also tired of Caelynn already. Get up off your ass and go talk to some other guys instead of sitting around whining about how terribly Blake treated you - living well is the best revenge and all that BS.

44 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

I was confused by that segment. Is Demi coming on a dating show even though she’s seeing someone back home? But it’s ok because she says it’s “not exclusive”? I thought that was still frowned upon on these shows. 

Usually frowned upon but TPTB are likely salivating at the thought of their first same sex couple. I suppose this means we'll be stuck with the Demi show for most of the season - I find her so grating, I just wish she'd go away.

Wills, upon seeing Hannah says his heart jumped into his chest. Erm, where did it jump from?

Edited by OldWiseOne
  • LOL 4
  • Love 20

From my brief exposure to Chris B, he doesn't seem to be an awful guy, but at this point, I’m getting Matthew McConaughey from Dazed and Confused vibes from him. “That’s what I love about these Bachelorette girls. I get older, and they stay the same age...”

• LOL 16
16 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Cam clearly came here to play a character, not be a real player in any of this. Which is fine of course, thats why this show exists! So the franchise never has to throw away their quirkiest quirks just because no way would the Bach/orette actually want to lock that down!

This may very well be true, but if Cam is playing a character then so is JPJ, to the 10th power. I don't find him fun, I find him antic and so annoying.

I think Hannah is gorgeous in a very delicate way, but I also dislike what I've seen on BIP as compared to how she appeared on the Bachelor. The way she gasped "SunsetsAreMyFavoriteThing!!!!!!!!!!" sounded like a five-year old.

I like Nicole. Crying worked out for Ashley I. 

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, OldWiseOne said:

Usually frowned upon but TPTB are likely salivating at the thought of their first same sex couple

Yes, because it’s two women - every man’s fantasy.  If it were two guys - not so much.

• Love 18

Anyone remember poor Lacey, with her poor little arms flapping around on the beach, looking for someone to love her?  Well, Annalise reminds me of her.

I never liked Wills, he always looks like he needs a bath or something. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, thehepburn said:

Well, it's one thing to hook up. It's another to hook up and then find out the next morning that the dude had hooked up with another chick the previous nite and is texting a third and 4th chick as u wake up.  Then be asked to keep quiet about the hookup so as not to spoil him hooking up with yet more chicks.

Yes and if it’s true that they were FaceTiming 3 times a day and spoke about ditching paradise and being together that is pretty rough. By the way, what is stagecoach? Sounds like a big bachelor nation hookup 

• Love 4

When watching this show , I can just picture Alabama Hannah being on it . She has a personality that’s made for this show and they could have had her and Caelynn fighting over more of the same guys . 

Im not surprised by Blake’s antics . that’s what happens when you make it to the top 4 , come off sweet and come off like you are really in love with the lead . You gain major popularity with the fans but then ultimately , you get back to the real world where there’s more than 1 woman , people fawn all over you and you have at it . I picture Tyler to be the same way . I’ve gotta give it to Jason . He chose the road less traveled when it comes to fame whoring. He met someone from the franchise but not on the actual show . They actually talked privately and formed a relationship . Shocker . I thought for sure he’d eat up the chance to go to paradise and have another 15 minutes . 

I had to laugh when Harrison said the reason Blake didn’t join the show last season was because he was too heartbroken . Hahaha . He didn’t go on just like the top 2 or 3 never go on paradise . Because they’re Being considered for bachelor . I’m sure Blake was justtt fine . 

• LOL 2
  • Love 16

I think Blake is a hot commodity because, out of everyone there, he made it the furthest on the most recent season. Hence, there’s a better chance of becoming a C-list celebrity for getting engaged to him than anyone else. You’re going to have more clout as an influencer (more followers) and possibly more entertainment/gossip magazine coverage by marrying Blake than you would marrying Cam or Kevin or these guys who were more recent but no one knows who the hell they were. It’s the same reason why Dean was the hot commodity last year. Now if Peter or Tyler or, hell, maybe even Jed or Luke, walked in, everyone would be like, Blake who? Because these guys are more socially relevant with recent, frequent media exposure.

Edited to add: Posting at the same time as Jaclyn—that’s right! We got them figured out!

Edited by JenE4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Right? According to Jed, his ex Haley and him were not exclusive as well. So it's cool with Demi but not with Jed. The double standard.

Hannah's eyes are too big and guant for her face. She looks cute now but the guantness will be more severe as she grows older and it might not be as pretty. She seems nice but dull and unwitty just like her personality on Colton's season. Alabama Hannah is more lively so she was a better Bachelorette even in her hot mess ways. 

If sex is an important and sensitive matter to Caelynn because of her past trauma, why did she choose to hook up a guy who is not even her boyfriend? Seems like she decided to have casual sex and felt bad about it after. I don't consider sliding into DMs as being bf/gf or exclusive. What do these women see in Blake though? He is so unattractive even just on looks. Can't believe they willingly hooked up with him. I wasn't amused by Kristina too. Everytime she comes on BIP,  it's because she is involved in drama. And she goes for terrible guys like Dean and now Blake. She's a mess.

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 11
15 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

When watching this show , I can just picture Alabama Hannah being on it . She has a personality that’s made for this show and they could have had her and Caelynn fighting over more of the same guys . 

That's why the Beast made such an entertaining Ette: she's immature, loud, petty,horny,  had a killer bod, and loved being the show's puppet. I'm sure Caelynn would have been a good Ette also.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, waving feather said:

According to Jed, his ex Haley and him were not exclusive as well. So it's cool with Demi but not with Jed. The double standard.

But on the mother show, current squeezes are verboten.  THIS show is a free-for-all, and mixing it up with as many partners as possible is not only fine & dandy, it's encouraged.  Nobody on this iteration cares if you have a steady back home.  

• Love 7

Anytime a woman is super desperate and thinks every other guy could be the one, I think Charlotte York. 

Ha!  But to be fair, Charlotte York is Charlotte York Goldblatt, or something....😆

I know I’m in the minority here, but I watch neither Bachelor or Bachelorette, so every year I come into this show completely oblivious to the quirks of all the contestants, except past BIP contestants.  I can’t wait for Jordan to be back.  

A little surprised Annaliese is back because of the desperate issue, ugh.  Though I did feel bad for her when that guy dumped her on national tv.  AFTER she went on and on about how well they were doing.

bibiana = 😴

• Love 7
1 hour ago, waving feather said:

Hannah's eyes are too big and guant for her face. She looks cute now but the guantness will be more severe as she grows older and it might not be as pretty.

I actually have a friend that looks just like her - like a beautiful, living doll - and she's 40 and she looks the exact same.  She ages immaculately.  Just a personal anecdote.  

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, leighdear said:

THIS show is a free-for-all, and mixing it up with as many partners as possible is not only fine & dandy, it's encouraged.  Nobody on this iteration cares if you have a steady back home.  

Crushed from a recent breakup? Come to "Paradise"! Damaged in ways that make for good TV? Come on down!! Can't help but do anything for Z-list fame and Instagram fortune? You're the next contestant on Bachelor in Paaaradise!!!

• LOL 8
  • Love 8
26 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

Crushed from a recent breakup? Come to "Paradise"! Damaged in ways that make for good TV? Come on down!! Can't help but do anything for Z-list fame and Instagram fortune? You're the next contestant on Bachelor in Paaaradise!!!

Can't afford therapy?  We'll make you cry non-stop!  Need to sweat out all the toxins from your alcohol-fueled lifestyle? NO A/C anywhere down here?  Never heard of the festival "Stagecoach"?  We'll make you feel like you got laid there....several times....with multiple partners!

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, alexa said:

That all said, she should have known it would be too emotional to come on BIP given her history and the situation with him, but I do understand why it bothers her so much.

This is what makes her so uncomfortable to watch. She's not just annoying and dramatic; she's dealing with real trauma. It's one thing to make a mistake in hooking up with someone, but then she should avoid the show. I genuinely feel bad for her. 

6 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

I have never seen Bukowski before - I don't think I watched the first two BiP seasons, and I missed Emily's season. Never watched Bachelor Pad. I thought they were doing promo work for Angel Has Fallen, because dude is a dead ringer for Gerard Butler. 

YES! That's who he looks like. I never saw him in Emily's season nor the Bachelor Pad seasons but he does actually look like a man amongst boys. I'd even put him near the top in terms of attractiveness.

1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I’ve gotta give it to Jason . He chose the road less traveled when it comes to fame whoring. He met someone from the franchise but not on the actual show . They actually talked privately and formed a relationship . Shocker . I thought for sure he’d eat up the chance to go to paradise and have another 15 minutes . 

Jason continues to be one of my favorites over the seasons. Solid guy, solid family, solid job. Loved his hometown visit at the hockey rink, when he casually called Becca "Becks". To me, that little bit of interaction was more intimate than all the hooking up in Hannah's season (not that there's anything wrong with it.) He's the boyfriend we all want.

As for this season, I'm beginning to think this is the show these people ultimately want to be on. They're made for this setup. That said, I can't wait for the rest of this season. 

Edited by kazza
  • Love 5

I get going on this show once . Though the no air conditioning would be a deal breaker for me , I can see it being a fun 2-3 week thing with the possibility of meeting someone ... but going on twice or more is just desperate and makes you in need of a real life . Because by then it’s your third bachelor experience and it’s time to explore dating in the real world . Annalise is a comedy act at this point . She literally likes anyone and everyone and has 0 standards . She got publicly dumped many times on the show and a brutal dumping on the after show and still wants to come back for more . 

The demi and girlfriend thing annoys me . Have sexually fluid , bisexual people on the Show . That’s great . But don’t have her fake not knowing what she wants and bringing her at home girlfriend on the show just to have their love story play out on tv because producers want to give themselves a pat on the back . The whole point of this show is past contestants coming on the show , people we already know . No one else brings a girlfriend / boyfriend on the show so why should this be any different . Demi is way too thirsty for D list fame . 

• Love 14

My main thought on Annaliese is that she is just really bad at this show. I can just imagine her sitting at home and planning out this "juicy" storyline for herself, and then she gets to the show and announces it in such a weird way, like "Hello group, here are my motivations and feelings!" instead of letting them play out in scenes. And the thing is, nobody freaking cares if she thinks Clay is dating too soon! So she just looks desperate for drama. By contrast, Caelynn comes on and frames things as 'oh, let me ask the bartender for advice on what I should do, oh, let me privately confide in like three different people, let me discuss my feelings with the camera'. As a result, she has a lot of camera time, and her little scenes with individuals were way more interesting than Annaliese randomly announcing that she doesn't approve of Clay and literally nobody caring. I think Annaliese is probably a reasonable person in the real world, but she is just bad at reality tv, so it baffles me that she seems to be pursuing reality tv star as a long-term thing. 

As for Blake and Caelynn, I think that while casually hooking up with someone at a music festival is maybe normal, literally texting your next hook-up while your current hook-up is still in your bed is crappy behavior. And I also don't think that Blake is behaving like someone who thinks he has done nothing wrong. I was cracking up when he insisted that things with Kristiana are fine, totally fine, they're friends, yeah yeah, really amicable, he's glad she's here, really. 

• Love 11

Good on you, BiP, and practicing green living... by recycling a ton of people who have already been on this show.

SIX TIMES?! Someone put this man out of his misery.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Wouldofshouldof said:

. . . From the shallow end of the pool . . . 

I think Hannah is kind of funny looking.  

“I don’t know. Just kind of funny looking.”

🤣🤣

82A1EAB0-B6CE-4EB1-9919-C51D5B08032B.jpeg

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, waving feather said:

Right? According to Jed, his ex Haley and him were not exclusive as well. So it's cool with Demi but not with Jed. The double standard.

Rules are different on BIP.  On the mothership you are supposed to be seeking true love.  Here you are getting a beach vacation and if something unusual happens you fall in love and have children in the closet.   The producers had to know about the Blake business.  Yet they had them all come on.  I don’t think that would be possible on the mothership.

i also doubt that Haley thought they weren’t exclusive.

• Love 4
On 8/5/2019 at 8:33 PM, ECM1231 said:

His co- workers said he would go into the bathroom, make a mound/nest of toilet tissue on the floor and poop on it. Then discard. He apparently thought toilet seats were unsanitary.

He was also convicted of indecent assault and battery! A real prince! 

Jinx Koalagirl. 😄

Not only that, he was also a flat-earther. *shudder*

2 hours ago, call me ishmael said:

Rules are different on BIP.

Not until this season. Michelle Not!Money was kicked off the first BIP season for dating a producer aptly named Ryan Putz. He broke both arms while jumping out of a window to avoid being discovered in bed with her. There was a reenactment and everything.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Not until this season. Michelle Not!Money was kicked off the first BIP season for dating a producer aptly named Ryan Putz. He broke both arms while jumping out of a window to avoid being discovered in bed with her. There was a reenactment and everything.

Yes but that was a producer and was during filming.  If they eliminated everyone who might be with someone else from BIP it would have to be Bachelor in Paradise: this year with no contestants!

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

Michelle Not!Money was kicked off the first BIP season for dating a producer aptly named Ryan Putz. He broke both arms while jumping out of a window to avoid being discovered in bed with her. There was a reenactment and everything.

I had forgotten about that. Now that was some good tv! 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, chocolatine said:

[clears throat] Excuse me, but it was his legs jumping off the balcony. 😂😂 I cant keep track of 3/4 of the contestants during the show, and I’ll often forget who winners and sometimes even leads were. But it’s the stupid details that stick with me. I will never forget Ryan Putz. Hahaha!

Oh, and MichelleNot!Money had already been eliminated, so that gave us a glimpse behind the scenes that they don’t get immediately swooped away to an airport (to wait an undetermined number of hours until the next open flight, lol) but they bring the contestants to the same off-site hotel where the production staff stays.

Even Ryan wasn’t fired for sleeping with a contestant. He was just made to humiliate himself from his hospital bed: I’m Ryan Putz!

Edited by JenE4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I actually have a friend that looks just like her - like a beautiful, living doll - and she's 40 and she looks the exact same.  She ages immaculately.  Just a personal anecdote.  

Yes, although I'm not sure, yet, if Hannah is deliberately trying to break hearts or not, I was struck again last night with how beautiful she was.  Some people had called her skinny so I looked closely and she is not, she's just very small boned but with just the right amount of flesh over the bones.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

“I don’t know. Just kind of funny looking.”

🤣🤣

82A1EAB0-B6CE-4EB1-9919-C51D5B08032B.jpeg

In a general sort of way?

Heh. Speaking of funny looking, I was just remarking to my husband how much Jane reminded me of a Gilda Radner character when John Paul Jones started throwing up her taco and her face went all Rosanne Rosannadanna.  We need more scenes like that!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Easily the creepiest thing in this premiere was Cam not once, but three times, mentioning motherhood in reference to dating these women (well... not that I actually see him dating any of them). "Looking for the mother of my child", "looking for the woman who will make my mom a grandmother", and saying- right after the FIRST conversation he had with one of the ladies- "she'd be great at motherhood" or something equally cringey. Go away! These women want hot hookups and Internet fame, not to become an incubator. 

The editors are the best. I think my favorite thing they did this episode was that slow jazzy "John Paul Jones" tune they played over a slow-mo of a JPJ hair flip.

Dylan was sweet and Hannah is going to rip his poor little heart out.

Blake is SO unattractive, I can't even fathom why these beautiful women would want anything to do with him... and that's not even taking into account his dickish behavior. Even his stage 5 clinger crying on Becca's season should have warned them away. I don't like Caelynn either though so seeing her all in a tizzy over this situation is pretty fun. Has she even tried speaking to another guy yet? What is she doing there?

I love Kristina and find her unbelievably gorgeous so I really hope she does blow up Blake's shit on this date. She seems funny and like a great catch so I'm disappointed to hear she even slept with him in the first place.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:

Yes, although I'm not sure, yet, if Hannah is deliberately trying to break hearts or not, I was struck again last night with how beautiful she was.  Some people had called her skinny so I looked closely and she is not, she's just very small boned but with just the right amount of flesh over the bones.

Exactly. Some of us are just small. Despite being a fairly tall girl like Hannah, I’m called petite all the time because I have these little bones like her. We have all this body positivity for bigger and curvier females, why not smaller women as well? 

I don’t mean to get too OT, but it’s so annoying to hear “real women have curves,” or to be as thin as you I’d have to be sick. 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Exactly. Some of us are just small. Despite being a fairly tall girl like Hannah, I’m called petite all the time because I have these little bones like her. We have all this body positivity for bigger and curvier females, why not smaller women as well? 

I don’t mean to get too OT, but it’s so annoying to hear “real women have curves,” or to be as thin as you I’d have to be sick. 

I’m with you. Our beautiful bodies are built differently and they are beautiful 

• Love 2
On 8/6/2019 at 3:39 PM, OldWiseOne said:

Usually frowned upon but TPTB are likely salivating at the thought of their first same sex couple. I suppose this means we'll be stuck with the Demi show for most of the season - I find her so grating, I just wish she'd go away.

I'd like to know how this would work.  If she hooks up with a woman, what happens at the rose ceremony?  Wouldn't they both need a guy to choose each of them so that they can both continue to stay, and why would a guy do that if they know neither is available to them?  Curious minds want to know!  

• Love 3

I am another one that doesn't get all the Blake hype and attraction. I was severely distracted by his tiny nipples. Also, noticed that ABCam has a tattoo on his bicep of a windmill that says Dutchy underneath. Clearly I was super into the riviting storylines being laid out for is in this first episode haha!

• LOL 2
On 8/6/2019 at 2:45 PM, leighdear said:

Chris Bukowski is the guy you usually either love or hate.  He made it to hometown dates in Emily's season, and we got to meet his huge, really nice Polish family.  He's really proud of his heritage.  I hope he finds somebody this time around.  

Emily's visit with Chris' family is one of my all time favorite hometown visits.  Loved his "big fat Polish family".

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Emily's visit with Chris' family is one of my all time favorite hometown visits.  Loved his "big fat Polish family".

whats so wierd is i have such a great memory of this show but cant seem to remember him on emilys season--I remember him from bachelor pad!! Im thinking of rewatching some of the old seasons so i can see him and others on it.

On 8/6/2019 at 11:59 PM, chocolatine said:

That’s wasn’t Michelle Money. That was Rozlyn Papa. And how sad is it that I know that. Remember how hysterical that re-enactment was??!!

Now that her name was brought up, I wonder what Michelle Money is up to?

Edited by nutty1
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

That’s wasn’t Michelle Money. That was Rozlyn Papa. And how sad is it that I know that. Remember how hysterical that re-enactment was??!!

No, Rozlyn was on Jake's Bachelor season. The one who hooked up with Ryan Putz while filming BIP was named Michelle, but I don't remember her last name, hence Michelle Not!Money. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, chocolatine said:

No, Rozlyn was on Jake's Bachelor season. The one who hooked up with Ryan Putz while filming BIP was named Michelle, but I don't remember her last name, hence Michelle Not!Money. 

Michelle Kujawa

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 8/7/2019 at 11:51 AM, RealHousewife said:

On 8/7/2019 at 7:18 PM, Stats Queen said:

There was a meme going around Facebook that said “99% of men want a big woman and the other 1% are gay.” I am a small woman and I think some of what is being said about us is just cruel. I’ve never made fun of a big girl and I would appreciate the same respect. If the media has made big women feel bad about themselves, tell it to the media, not other women. We’re supposed to stick together. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, chocolatine said:

So many scandals, it is hard to keep them straight! 🤣

• LOL 2
On 8/7/2019 at 6:18 PM, Stats Queen said:

👏

10 hours ago, Nowhere said:

There was a meme going around Facebook that said “99% of men want a big woman and the other 1% are gay.” I am a small woman and I think some of what is being said about us is just cruel. I’ve never made fun of a big girl and I would appreciate the same respect. If the media has made big women feel bad about themselves, tell it to the media, not other women. We’re supposed to stick together. 

👏

Well said. And while I’m someone who finds this topic interesting and appreciates if the opposite sex finds me attractive, I would never jeopardize my health or alter my body in a way that didn’t fit my personal aesthetics to make a man happy. I know what weight I feel good at, and that’s what I go with. I’m sure it’s lower than some men would like and then higher than say people in the high fashion world would prefer, where a size 2 can be considered hefty. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 2