Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Docked and Loaded

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, maggiemae said:

Good grief - Ana  took the job of chef - as a 3rd Stew.

I think Sandy expected too much. And Hannay - as always, under minds the staff. Notice Sandy or Hannah helped a struggling "chef" at the end.

Hannah might undermine her own staff, but she tends to stay out of the other departments. The things that she does that are most detrimental to the chefs are giving the crappiest descriptions of the food I've ever heard (season 1's meat with a sauce and some vegetables (moussaka) remains a standout) and a bad job of communicating with the kitchen about guest progress to the dinner table, but Hannah doesn't actively try to undermine the chef. She mostly leaves them alone. How was Hannah supposed to help Anastasia out, especially because Sandy has just taken away the one bit of assistance (a deckhand at dinner) that every other chef has had the benefit of? Furthermore, Anastasia is busy being prickly and barking at people when she had Travis in the galley. I don't know what Hannah is expected to do.

Sandy is the creator of this chaos. She replaced one bad chef with two ok chefs and left two departments understaffed. When it became apparent that the kitchen was still struggling, she pulls Travis out. Had Sandy bothered to consult with her department heads, she would have found out that they didn't think Anastasia is up to the task. The people who have been the most detrimental to Anastasia succeeding as a chef are Joao who disrespected her to her face and Sandy. 

• Love 1
On 8/5/2019 at 8:14 PM, ParadoxLost said:

It was funny Joao left the the deck with a belligerent, drunken stranger still on board because he decided he couldn't get control of the situation in his pajama bottoms.

In my deck experience, we were trained to put our uniforms on for any "situation," simply because the uniform itself grants a crewmember an air of authority. I don't think he used this tactic to the best effect, though, since it didn't seem like he and Collin really tried to defuse the situation. To me it seemed like they let it almost get out of control before responding and removing the "guest" from the ship.