Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Docked and Loaded

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, langford peel said:

I don’t know. The previous Mrs Johnny Damons (plural) didn’t think it was forever. Just long enough to get alimony.

Alimony can be a kind of forever.  😉

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, langford peel said:

I don’t know. The previous Mrs Johnny Damons (plural) didn’t think it was forever. Just long enough to get alimony.

Given they dated since they were kids and got married when she was 18 and three years before he made it to the majors she probably did think it was forever.

• Love 3

In the preview it looks like Travis gets totally drunk and obnoxious to the point that Colin can’t take it and moves to the other side of the table. Then it looks like Travis gets physical with Colin and the others are telling Colin not to quit over what happens. 

How does Travis keep his job?

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

My point is that she's got an issue with the radio, I'm thinking it's the traffic and the noise. I'm also thinking that in addition to dropping the earpiece and not having the radio she's lowering the volume. Serious recipe for disaster.

I work on boats where I have to keep a radio with me and it has to stay turned on.  After the first few hours, your brain sort of adapts.  I phase out the chatter not related to me, but my attention is caught when key words are said such as my title (we use job titles not first names as they do on the Sirocco), something about my department, or something that's otherwise interesting or entertaining.    I suspect you're right about her not wanting to hear the chatter, but she's not letting herself get to the point where the extraneous stuff turns into essentially white noise in the background.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, Shellbell59 said:

Bingo!!! Best meatloaf..👏👏👏

Sometimes I would use Fritos instead of bread crumbs...adding green onion...green Ortega Chile....and ‘core’ of cheese....through center...when I had a houseful of teenagers...It seem to make her go a bit further with the extra protein… Fun to play with

Well… I guess somebody has to spread the word… And Gordon Ramsay has the platform..I sure don’t...🥴😆😆

My recipe calls for onion also buy hubby doesn't like onion.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

I think she was just overthinking it. First off I do think she misused the term. Shocker.. LOL. I do think she maybe thought he was showing fake concern in order to report back to Hannah? Maybe? She doesn't seem to trust people that easily and when she uses save a hoe it's because of the way the phrase SOUNDS. It gives off the negative connotations she's trying to express about Joao's intentions.  Basically that she thinks that he is being less than sincere. For whatever reason. I think it's sad that she's so prone to distrusting people's intentions when they deal with her. 

Thing is June seems a bit paranoid. I hate to act like I know what's going on but it seems to me that June has to deal with unpleasant attitudes from people regularly due to her less that sharp demeanor so she's got this very awkward wall (or invisible curtain) up in order to shield herself from more criticism. She just doesn't have the necessary people skills to offset her social awkwardness and slow processing skills. She knows she's got traits that aggravate others but I'm inclined to believe that's just how she is. The undercurrent of attitude I think is resentment cause she can already tell she's dealing with people who aren't tolerant and are automatically assigning her struggling with things as a reason to be short with her. 

People like her want desperately for others to adjust their behavior and pray that they will restrain from reacting so negatively to her. Hopeful that she's come across people that will be a little more patient however at her age she's still getting in her own way when it comes to manuevering through these interactions. People like her need very patient, tolerant and kind hearted audience who will take the time to understand what's happening and who is interested in figuring out the best way to interact with a person like June. And Reality TV and a fast pace job like being on Below Deck ain't gonna find those kind of people for sure. 

I just recognize a lot of her "defensive" behaviors and see a very familiar pattern. Makes me wish I could be there and be an "interpreter" between her and the rest of the crew... LOL!!!

I couldn’t understand why she used the term either, even though it's clear that she's been hurt in the past and therefore does not trust people. It's sad that she's so guarded and she's defensive because of it.

Edited by spunky
1 hour ago, terrymct said:

I work on boats where I have to keep a radio with me and it has to stay turned on.  After the first few hours, your brain sort of adapts.  I phase out the chatter not related to me, but my attention is caught when key words are said such as my title (we use job titles not first names as they do on the Sirocco), something about my department, or something that's otherwise interesting or entertaining.    I suspect you're right about her not wanting to hear the chatter, but she's not letting herself get to the point where the extraneous stuff turns into essentially white noise in the background.

I agree. She's already obviously got so much going against her. This is one thing that doesn't require much to correct.

Her other limitations are enough of a challenge, the fact that she's adding to her own dilemma is just sad to see. 

• Love 3

June specifically said that she can’t hear her name called and has never once with it being mentioned so many times and even to Sandy has never stated her issue was the chatter so that seems to make a huge leap based on nothing and ignoring everything June has said about it.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

June specifically said that she can’t hear her name called and has never once with it being mentioned so many times and even to Sandy has never stated her issue was the chatter so that seems to make a huge leap based on nothing and ignoring everything June has said about it.

Huge leap?

Everything she's said?

She's said that she doesn't hear her name, and she's also implied that there may be an issue with her radio. It's pretty obvious those are excuses and she doesn't want to admit that it's as simple as she doesn't want to deal with the radio, probably cause that wouldn't fly since everyone else has to deal with it so no leg to stand on there.  Those of us who've experienced the hassle of working with a radio in a workplace environment find it pretty easy to believe.

She's obviously not going to say, "hey, nah, I see all of you have to have your radios but that's a no for me" so she's come up with the very flimsy "I don't hear my name called" or "I think somethings wrong with the radio" crap.

• Love 4

I have also worked with a radio or a ship and would find it a lot more believable if she stated she was having an issue because of the chatter than making up excuses. She has stated her earpiece “falls out” etc. 

Also, we have seen on the show that they aren’t on the radios a lot so the constant chatter thing doesn’t fly particularly when we saw Anastasia get pissed off when Joao and Hannah were joking around on the radio over June not hearing it so chatter isn’t typical.  So yes huge leap based on nothing that we have seen and that June hasn’t even mentioned in the THs. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 7
On 8/6/2019 at 5:13 PM, tranquilidade said:

That was incendiary! I was almost going for it until the 70 year old nurse, and moving a woman in labor to a parking lot 😂😂😂

On 8/7/2019 at 4:37 AM, bref said:

I'm relieved to report after a conversation on another site that the article about Johnny Damon is satire (check the bottom of the link). He is, however, a jerk. That's why he was satirized. 

He must be a legendary asshole to get that treatment! 

I know I’m going to be very lonely here, but I kind of love Jack and Aesha together. The look on her face in the crew mess just before she pounced on him made my heart squeeeee.

Colin needs to do a “June, June, Hannah” rap. I can randomly hear Hannah in my head saying it (I have a friend named June, which doesn’t help),  and I say it with her on the show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I have also worked with a radio or a ship and would find it a lot more believable if she stated she was having an issue because of the chatter than making up excuses. She has stated her earpiece “falls out” etc. 

Also, we have seen on the show that they aren’t on the radios a lot so the constant chatter thing doesn’t fly particularly when we saw Anastasia get pissed off when Joao and Hannah were joking around on the radio over June not hearing it so chatter isn’t typical.  So yes huge leap based on nothing that we have seen and that June hasn’t even mentioned in the THs. 

Agreed. She’s a horse, not a zebra. 

6 hours ago, EverybodyIsACritic said:

Colin needs to do a “June, June, Hannah” rap. I can randomly hear Hannah in my head saying it (I have a friend named June, which doesn’t help),  and I say it with her on the show.

He did.

• LOL 12
  • Love 7
On 8/8/2019 at 3:34 PM, biakbiak said:

So what is happening then?

Cause we've covered "the radio isn't working right" is most likely a made up excuse. 

I've come to my conclusion using rather intelligent rationale. Not saying that's exactly the answer but it could be a reasonable explanation to what's going on. Not sure why it's so unbelievable.

People are chiming in on why she doesn't want to keep the earpiece in, or keep the radio on her person, which is pretty much the only stuff that's been shown. There really isn't much to work with so we are just tossing ideas around trying to figure what that reason could be. 

Unless of course we accept that the radio really isn't working. Which I could do that too cause the whole topic of June not answering her radio isn't actually that big a gripe for me. I mean I'm sure it's annoying as hell to Hannah but I don't really like Hannah so I get a kick out of it. Only thing is that it's a security concern so June needs to get with it but otherwise.. ehhhh June doesn't bother me. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

what is happening then

June doesn’t give a shit when her earpiece falls out which she has said herself has happened multiple times and refuses to do her job correctly and not take responsibility for her actions which is a pattern that we have seen in her very short time on the boat. 

She seems to think that she should be liked and it doesn’t matter if she is good at her job. All of her issues with Hannah that she keeps repeating and apparently will do again next week are that she wants Hannah to like her because she is a good person not getting that if your not good at your job it doesn’t matter if your a good person to your boss and coworkers who have to work harder because you suck.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 8
23 hours ago, Special K said:

Perhaps she's so dim that she doesn't recognize her own name?

I was honestly thinking that the way they call for each other on the radio is complicated for her. 

June June Hannah come across to June as one big word/sound that she's just not picking up on. LOL.    junejunehannah or maybe she thinks someone is calling for Joanna...?? LOL!

I'm being serious though. I'm wondering if she's just not realizing that they are calling HER. I still think that her corny excuses has to do with her not wanting to admit what the real reason is.

I mean, wouldn't it be worse to explain that you didn't recognize your own name when it was said over the radio? That's the type of shit people love to rag on. Her demeanor just says something to me. Like she's afraid to look stupid to them not realizing that ship has sailed and her sad excuses are just making her look worse. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

June doesn’t give a shit when her earpiece falls out which she has said herself has happened multiple times and refuses to do her job correctly and not take responsibility for her actions which is a pattern that we have seen in her very short time on the boat. 

She seems to think that she should be liked and it doesn’t matter if she is good at her job. All of her issues with Hannah that she keeps repeating and apparently will do again next week are that she wants Hannah to like her because she is a good person not getting that if your not good at your job it doesn’t matter if your a good person to your boss and coworkers who have to work harder because you suck.

Seemed to me that she's more afraid of not being liked and to be honest sucking at a job isn't a reason to be mean to another person. I don't think she's deliberately trying to do a bad job it's just that so far she's just not good at it and maybe she won't get better. Yeah, it sucks for the others but Jack does nothing and yet people still manage to make him feel welcomed and treat him pretty pleasantly. Her decisions regarding her radio are definitely unprofessional but ehhhh sucking at your job while frustrating for everyone involved shouldn't incite managers or coworkers. Being unpleasant really seems to be an acceptable course of action and so easily justifiable. I find it sad. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Seemed to me that she's more afraid of not being liked and to be honest sucking at a job isn't a reason to be mean to another person. I d

Hannah has not been mean to her. She has asked her to do her job and not been bff but she has not been mean to her. Even June hasn’t said she is mean to her just that she feels she doesn’t like her and also she feels like she was targeted when Anastasia said their were too many people in the galley even though Anastasia has commented about it being too noisy in the galley before she even arrived. She is way too sensitive and shit at her job, it probably wasn’t a good idea to take a job on a few weeks after her father died but she did and she isn’t doing it well and that’s on her. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Hannah has not been mean to her. She has asked her to do her job and not been bff but she has not been mean to her. Even June hasn’t said she is mean to her just that she feels she doesn’t like her and also she feels like she was targeted when Anastasia said their were too many people in the galley even though Anastasia has commented about it being too noisy in the galley before she even arrived. She is way too sensitive and shit at her job, it probably wasn’t a good idea to take a job on a few weeks after her father died but she did and she isn’t doing it well and that’s on her. 

I think she said that her dad died a couple of years ago. Unless I’m wrong,  I don’t think it was that recent.

I think she’s dim & she’s not enjoyable to watch

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, DeeplyShallow said:

Hmm, maybe she said a couple of months and I heard years then. 

Actually I must have misheard based on a recap I just read. 

So I guess she just really is a super shitty worker and it has nothing to do with grief.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3

Seeing another one of Wylie Dufresne's riffs on a breakfast sandwich reminded me that there was nothing deconstructed about Anastasia's caprese salad. That was literally just a caprese salad. You don't get to add the word deconstructed to things because the plating is slightly different. This is deconstruction.

• Love 3

June isn’t simply just bad at a job, bad at following basic directions, and measuring her job performance by her superior thinking she’s “nice”. In actuality,  she’s formed a deep connection with otherworldly beings and she’s getting an even clearer connection while at sea. It’s hard, because when she’s trying to work, all she’s hearing and giving herself to are these beings and what they’re asking of her and how amazing it all is. It’s why she got so upset when questioned about her boyfriend and why she got so sick, because it was so much more than that and no one would be able to truly understand and would only judge her. This is based on absolutely nothing we’ve seen onscreen, it’s just what i’ve logically deduced because i’ve worked with other people who have been shit workers and that has been their issue. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
On 8/6/2019 at 9:43 AM, blixie said:

I didn't get the impression the steak or lobster were undercooked for anyone but Johnny Damon (others seemed to love the lobster and were fine with the "temp") , but she should have taken special care that his plates were carried out tout-suite and extra hot fired. Which would probably rubberize the lobster so whatever Damon. 

I'm pro Anastasia, but she definitely got an inflated sense of how well she was doing on a super yacht chef basis, she is delivering simple food that looks beatuiful, but not the kind of food these people are paying for. The Florida people don't have the same palates of very well traveled jackhole professional ball player who ate at 5 star restaurants every night on the road for 15 years. 

Word to June looking like Patricia Arquette it took me way too long to figure out who she reminded me of, I guess because the image I conjure of Patricia today is her in  the last few hardscrabble roles she's played, June looks like baby Patricia. She even kind of talks like her. BUT GIRL you need to fuckin answer your radio that is quite clearly working. I do think Hannah had a shit attitude about her from the get, but well she wasn't wrong, she's worked enough in the industry to know when she's got a dud.  

Kudos to you and thanks a million! It’s been driving me INSANE trying to figure it out. You solved the mystery, Nancy Drew 🙂

I saw the after show last night. The host asked her if people call her other names besides June. She said people call her Juneberries, June bug, buggy, bugs, bug bug. Then the host shadily said “So if they called you anything but June you would probably have responded?” She said probably. She also said that the invisible curtain is something she stole from her little sister, when June and her mother were being annoying on a flight. So she used it in response to Joao because he was irrelevant to her at that time, even though she knows he was genuinely concerned about her. She felt as though he and Hannah gossiped about her behind her back. The fact that she was intentionally rude to someone who was trying to be helpful and she really doesn’t recognize her own name, tells me a lot. The girl is just slow.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

There is a clip on the Bravo page with June being interviewed. She acted liked a 4 year old child. Girl cannot communicate with the spoken word. I don't know if she is just dim or if over the years people have told her how pretty she is and encouraged her with this stupid act or what. But I cannot  think of any job where she could get away with acting the way she does. If she were my daughter I would be seriously worried about her. It's not cute June. With apologies to Cher "snap out of it."

• Love 4
On 8/6/2019 at 6:01 AM, terrymct said:

Anastasia needs to call her mother and get a few more recipes.

4 days with these guests, and every meal should have had beef, chicken, pork, and/or fish, and heaping servings.

I think the vegan (and safe) outlook failed her.

• Love 2
On 8/7/2019 at 6:20 AM, terrymct said:

I think Hannah would like to see Anastasia fall on her face as a chef and return to being a stew, both because she was a decent stew and also being Hannah would enjoy her fall.

All part of the storyline....

To Be Continued.

• Love 1
On 8/9/2019 at 9:21 PM, HunterHunted said:

Seeing another one of Wylie Dufresne's riffs on a breakfast sandwich reminded me that there was nothing deconstructed about Anastasia's caprese salad. That was literally just a caprese salad. You don't get to add the word deconstructed to things because the plating is slightly different. This is deconstruction.

Yeah, I’m gonna whip that up in my kitchen tomorrow morning. 😂

Might be fun to watch Mila try it.      Not.

37 minutes ago, Love2dance said:

Yeah, I’m gonna whip that up in my kitchen tomorrow morning. 😂

Might be fun to watch Mila try it.      Not.

I love when the host asks Wylie what you would need at home to make this, Wylie doesn't miss a beat and says "a professional chef."

• Love 2
On 8/9/2019 at 5:02 PM, biakbiak said:

Oh please, Hannah's body language and over all vibe is pretty strong. I can feel it through the TV screen. June's getting some kind of vibe and considering that we know Hannah to be a straight bitch from all the other seasons where we've in fact seen her be a complete bitch I'm really not inclined to pretend that there is absolutely nothing to how June feels about Hannah. Annnnnnnddddddd, we don't see EVERYTHING. Just because the footage we've seen doesn't have her bitching out June doesn't mean that all their interactions have been pleasant.  Even small interactions that the camera crew wouldn't feel is high on the  "drama meter" could contribute to June thinking Hannah doesn't like her. Someone can use average, technically appropriate words to communicate but the tone, the body language alone can convey condescension.  Considering that we KNOW how nasty Hannah can be I'm not sure why it's so hard to believe that June is reading the situation correctly when it comes to the vibe she's getting from Hannah. I know I don't HAVE TO see Hannah being overtly rude and mean to June with harsh words and over the top attitude to believe that she's still managing to make June feel bad. Add the fact that Hannah shows her complete disregard for June in her talking heads leads me to believe that it's very likely that whatever June's picking up on is accurate. But that's just me. 

So the answer to someone who is "too sensitive" is to not give a fuck? I really dislike that "too sensitive" description. It's not up to someone else to tell me how I should feel about another persons treatment of me. It's a form of gaslighting. I don't know why it's considered some punishment to be kind and not just on the surface. People act like the workplace is supposed to be a cold place cause "it's work" but it's also life.  I like to try and be mindful of the feelings of the people around me whether I'm in a personal environment or work environment. I don't give myself different standards of kindness, whether it's work or home. So what June's a bit sensitive. All that means to a person like me is that maybe I be a bit more encouraging and reassuring cause that would put her more at ease and more likely help her with confidence, resulting in improved performance. But of course that's not going to happen cause it's such a "burden" to work a problem with positively, patience and kindness especially on reality TV. Like I said, I find it sad.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

So the answer to someone who is "too sensitive" is to not give a fuck? I really dislike that "too sensitive" description. It's not up to someone else to tell me how I should feel about another persons treatment of me. It's a form of gaslighting. I don't know why it's considered some puni

It’s not a form of gaslighting. June isn’t the center of the universe, Hannah doesn’t have to like her no matter how much June whines about it. Being that needy in a work environment isn’t a way to go through life. Not everyone is going to like everyone but we haven’t seen Hannah berate June, we haven’t seen June complain that Hannah berates her. In fact at one point Colin asks her of Hannah was too hard on her and June replies no!

• Love 4

Honestly, if I suspected my boss wasn't happy with me or my work, and I wasn't prepared to leave the job, I'd try to win her/him over through working harder/better.  IMO, bosses mostly "don't like" employees who make their own jobs harder.

Having said that, bosses sometimes will stick to a first (negative) impression of someone, and not give them a second chance. 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

It’s not a form of gaslighting. June isn’t the center of the universe, Hannah doesn’t have to like her no matter how much June whines about it. Being that needy in a work environment isn’t a way to go through life. Not everyone is going to like everyone but we haven’t seen Hannah berate June, we haven’t seen June complain that Hannah berates her. In fact at one point Colin asks her of Hannah was too hard on her and June replies no!

So Hannah isn't the bitch we've seen every season because there hasn't been any footage shown of her coming down hard on June?? Ok then..

Being nice to someone whose challenging your patience isn't the end of the world and someone having issues isn't them being the center of the universe.  

My thing is, June doesn't come across as mean spirited. Maybe a bit defensive but it doesn't look like she's unkind which in my book means a situation is salvagable if handled correctly.  I'd rather stay positive and keep my own frustrations in check while trying my best to manage the situation because getting aggravated and agitated only heightens MY stress and discomfort so to me it's a lose lose to lead with negativity. Hannah already had a defeated attitude when it came to June on the first day and that hasn't really done anyone any favors. It only creates more problems in the long run.   

If People like giving themselves excuses to dismiss others easily so be it. (Looking at you Hannah). I'm not that person I guess. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Special K said:

Honestly, if I suspected my boss wasn't happy with me or my work, and I wasn't prepared to leave the job, I'd try to win her/him over through working harder/better.  IMO, bosses mostly "don't like" employees who make their own jobs harder.

Having said that, bosses sometimes will stick to a first (negative) impression of someone, and not give them a second chance. 

Some people are VERY sensitive to the vibe they get from their boss. I know I used to be that way when I was younger and it screwed me up. I was just very awkward and fumbled a lot and then it turns into frustration that I'm gonna keep getting in trouble. Then it turns a little bit into defiance cause in my mind I'm saying, well I'm really trying I'm just making silly mistakes, it's not the end of the world. It can be a serious gauntlet in your own mind. Sometimes you're so self conscious that you already imagine you're in trouble or that it's going to result in a scolding, or a rude exchange so your own mood shifts to shield yourself which in turn comes across as being difficult.

I just think I understand where June is coming from.  My first instinct is to feel bad for her. But I'm not the type to automatically dislike people for just anything so there's that.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Some people are VERY sensitive to the vibe they get from their boss. I know I used to be that way when I was younger and it screwed me up.

I hear you. 

FWIW, the very best work advice I ever got, and it was early in my career, was to learn how to say "I fucked up."    It's amazing how instantly that can defuse a confrontation, and how freeing it can be personally.

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, Special K said:

I hear you. 

FWIW, the very best work advice I ever got, and it was early in my career, was to learn how to say "I fucked up."    It's amazing how instantly that can defuse a confrontation, and how freeing it can be personally.

Exactly and June has refused to do that and has an excuse or a deflection every time she has done something wrong be it the cutlery, the turn down, the radio, or having her cell phone out. 

June isn’t that young and this isn’t her first job so these lessons should have already been learned.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 10
9 minutes ago, Special K said:

I hear you. 

Yup!! That's when things started to change for me. Instead of dreading this or that I would just point out what went wrong and apologize and that I've learned for next time. It took me years to gain enough experience to side step a lot of mistakes. Hoping no one would notice was a very daunting way to go about my day at work but that's what I did for a while cause I was just too scared to admit that I made a mistake. LOL!

ESPECIALLY if you don't think the person you're working for will be understanding and will react in a negative way.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 3
On 8/7/2019 at 4:37 AM, bref said:

I'm relieved to report after a conversation on another site that the article about Johnny Damon is satire (check the bottom of the link). He is, however, a jerk. That's why he was satirized. 

Thank goodness. I was going to say it sounded like The Onion. First the foursome of teen candy stripers and then totally lost me when he said he had his wife's bed wheeled to the parking lot. 

• LOL 1
On 8/12/2019 at 7:40 AM, biakbiak said:

It’s not a form of gaslighting. June isn’t the center of the universe, Hannah doesn’t have to like her no matter how much June whines about it. Being that needy in a work environment isn’t a way to go through life

I sometimes wonder if the radio issue is June's way of annoying Hannah, albeit passive-aggressively. June seems to be understanding her job and what it entails. I can see June going through her checklists, while her earpieces are out, because it gives her a chance to finish her turn downs before Hannah interrupts her for another side job.

• Love 1
On 8/10/2019 at 6:19 AM, 65mickey said:

Girl cannot communicate with the spoken word. I don't know if she is just dim or if over the years people have told her how pretty she is and encouraged her with this stupid act or what. 

I too noticed that June is uncomfortable talking while in a one on one conversation. This is shown when she mumbles, or repeats a partial phrase that make no sense. When someone asks her a question, June looks like she wants the earth to swallow her whole. I just assumed she was pregnant or something (with her illness at start, appearance of pregnancy brain, and her avoidance of boyfriend talk), and just wants to do her job, and wish for the end of this charter.

On 8/5/2019 at 6:49 PM, BodhiGurl said:

Ana’s doing an amazing job given her lack of experience. I really feel like this is all a setup to bring Ben in, who was likely not available when filming started. Shenanigans are definitely afoot. 

Great post. I hate being played by Bravo, and yet I let them do it every season!

• Love 1
On 8/5/2019 at 7:56 PM, biakbiak said:

She can control how she reacts to both of those things and how she reacts isn’t good. I have my  issues with Captain Lee but he is also at the mercy of both those things and I believe deals with those things in a far superior way than Captain Sandy does for the most part.

I don't think the two of them can be compared because they come from two entirely different approaches. They both manage to achieve the same outcome, though, regardless of their approach.

• Love 2
Just now, Chalby said:

I don't think the two of them can be compared because they come from two entirely different approaches. They both manage to achieve the same outcome, though, regardless of their approach.

I don’t believe they achieve the same outcomes because I think one is a super shitty manager. I was only comparing them because they both deal with the same issues.

• Love 1
On 8/6/2019 at 8:14 AM, scrb said:

You don't get extra credit for doing the job you were hired to do.

I was always under the impression that docking, leaving port, deck crew's responses etc., were all extensions of the captain. These boating maneuvers were all ways that captains could showcase their abilities.

I agree with others who think there are some vital pieces lacking in June. When Hannah was describing which wine glasses she wanted (and I'll admit it wasn't completely clear, at least to me), June just scrunched up her face. Girl, if you don't know which ones she means, just ask like a normal grown up. 

Edited by dleighg
  • Love 1