Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Docked and Loaded

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Special K said:

At the restaurant, before June excused herself to go puke, there was a little, quiet exchange with Anastasia, who was sitting next to her:

June:  Don't say anything.

Ana:  No, I won't.

[June leaves table]

Others: Is she crying?

Ana:  No she's fine.  She's just sick.

So it seems June confided in Anastasia something -- at first I thought, maybe she's pregnant?  But I really have no clue.  Waiting for whatever that is to come out.

I don’t think any great secret is lurking. Just last night June said something very similar to Joao about not mentioning her being upset to anyone. In fact, she got even more agitated at the idea that Joao would try to do anything about it(say something to Hannah, etc). Reads to me that this just confirms what she said on WWHL. She was extremely anxious when she first arrived and was sick from it and told Ana as such, but didn’t want that to be spread around, just like she didn’t want Joao to spread her upset around *closes invisible curtain*

Edited by VagueDisclaimer
Edited for clarity
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, terrymct said:

Sandy has a major doting auntie crush on him

This? Perfect. And made me laugh.

This long-time vegetarian gets it about killing lobsters. But I didn't choose to be a gourmet chef. That said, I'd love to try Anastasia's vegetarian dishes; bet they are fantastic. I remember when restaurant offerings for vegetarians consisted entirely of rubbery Portobello mushroom dishes and tepid Pasta Primavera.

At first I assumed production was messing with June's radio. Now I agree with Yours Truly that June may have a processing or focus problem, and non-stop radio chatter is distracting.

If there were rumors that June was dating Connor, that would explain a lot. Hannah's laser-focused grilling. And June's quiet aside to Anastasia ("don't say anything"). And her special fear of Hannah's wrath.

It was great fun to watch Sandy and her crew slide into that teeny slip space. I was once asked to drive and park a passenger van in downtown DC, and I had to have a soothing beverage afterwards.

Enough with teenage PDA, Aesha and Jack.

Yeah, Damon and crew are trash with money and a big borrowed boat. The loathsome Tom Arnold coined that expression perfectly long ago. Anastasia's dishes weren't undercooked - they weren't piping hot. Big difference.

It's clear the script's denouement is approaching - Sandy turning on Anastasia and threatening to fire June. They'll keep the Jack-and-Aesha teenage love story.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, outofbounds said:

I actually thought they did deserve kudos for parking in the tight space. It’s not like parking a car. Asphalt isn’t moving nor are the other cars. 

Sandy was entrusted with that yacht and the deck crew has some experience with docking procedures.

They're suppose to be able to pull that maneuver.

It's like that Chris Rock joke about people saying "I take care of my kids!"

"You're suppose to take care of your kids!"

You don't get extra credit for doing the job you were hired to do.

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

At first I assumed production was messing with June's radio. Now I agree with Yours Truly that June may have a processing or focus problem, and non-stop radio chatter is distracting.

I get a bit of a passive aggressive vibe off of her, especially in her talking head comments this week.   Oh sure, it's in her ear all the time....well except when it's "fallen" out.   Uh huh.  Girl friend knows what she's doing.  She doesn't want to be in instant contact with her boss.

• Love 11

Maybe June knows what's up (Ben on, Anastasia back to 3rd stew, June axed). Meanwhile she's skeert of nasty Hannah and avoiding her at all costs, but getting some camera time. Doesn't matter to June, since she knows she's part of the script. She's already been on WWHL (which I didn't watch).

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 5

I think June may have thought Hannah would get Sandy's ire after last season's third stew debacle.  But June didn't realize that Hannah learned how to manage Sandy after last season so she ain't taking the blame for June's ineptitude.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, scrb said:

Sandy was entrusted with that yacht and the deck crew has some experience with docking procedures.

They're suppose to be able to pull that maneuver.

It's like that Chris Rock joke about people saying "I take care of my kids!"

"You're suppose to take care of your kids!"

You don't get extra credit for doing the job you were hired to do.

If the crew had acted as impressed as posters have, I would agree with you.

But since I'm not paid to back anything up (and we should all be grateful for that), I thought it was hella impressive! As did the crowd watching and the guests on the boat.

I also enjoyed that they took docking in such a tight squeeze, seriously, and that Captain Sandy gave herself a reward of ice cream. 

Because ice cream.

Edited by dosodog
  • LOL 6
  • Love 14
48 minutes ago, 100Proof said:

What.... no one said anything about Jack & Aiesha's mutual wine goblet tit and genital twirling?

Yeah, that.  My S.O., a former chef, happened to see that scene.  Flabbergasted, he went on a bit about how those two should be fired.  You don't do that with things people eat or drink out of, what the heck is wrong with these two, etc.  Do you know what would happen if you did that in a restaurant?  Out the door.  Had to agree with him.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, terrymct said:

I get a bit of a passive aggressive vibe off of her, especially in her talking head comments this week.   Oh sure, it's in her ear all the time....well except when it's "fallen" out.   Uh huh.  Girl friend knows what she's doing.  She doesn't want to be in instant contact with her boss.

She did the same thing last week when we repeatedly saw her earpiece out and than mocked Hannah for telling her to keep it in. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

Johnny Damon is pure trash, like his current wife. It’s a known fact (which he confirmed in his book) that he screwed a labor and delivery nurse in the same room as his wife (not this one) while she was in labor.

WTH??  Was the laboring wife aware of what was transpiring?  

• Love 4
11 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

Johnny Damon is pure trash, like his current wife. It’s a known fact (which he confirmed in his book) that he screwed a labor and delivery nurse in the same room as his wife (not this one) while she was in labor.

He also comes across as a complete moron. I’m ashamed to admit that I watched his season of the apprentice, but I did, and he could barely string a sentence together and had zero ideas for any of the tasks. Most or all of his teammates really didn’t have anything positive to say about him, IIRC.  

It also seemed like he might not be able to read, or at least read well aloud, but I’m not going to trash him for that because he could have a learning disability or something. 

Edited by SimonSeymour
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Never seen Damon on TV before or remember him being interviewed.

He sent food back a couple of times because it wasn't hot enough for his liking.

But he didn't really complain, was apologetic about asking his food to be recooked/reheated.

He didn't complain when he got served that eggplant, which you could tell he wasn't predisposed to like or that sea urchin with cucumber noodles on top.

But I guess we'll see what he says in the next episode when they leave and hand over the tip.

In any event, if he's been sniffing around being on reality TV shows, this seems like another stunt casting.  These charter guests aren't like regular charter guests, they're being cast for the show, just like everyone else who appears on air.

• Love 9

Well to be fair, she got positive feedbacks the previous two charters?

So she should get the benefit of the doubt but if Sandy cans her after this charter, that would seem kind of abrupt and unfair.

Again if these charter guests are stunt casting, then this sudden turn of opinion on her cooking could be fake reality TV BS.

Maybe Johnny Damon would have gone for Mila's tacos and nachos, as long as they were piping hot.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, 100Proof said:

What.... no one said anything about Jack & Aiesha's mutual wine goblet tit and genital twirling?

That along with the rest of their behavior this episode was disgusting. They're worse than middle school kids.

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, SimonSeymour said:

It also seemed like he might not be able to read, or at least read well aloud, but I’m not going to trash him for that because he could have a learning disability or something. 

I recall that he grew up with a stutter, so maybe that's why he had trouble reading aloud.

On this charter, it seemed like he had specific standards regarding the food, but wasn't really ever a jerk.  His wife on the other hand...geez, I hope she was drunk with that guy from the other boat because otherwise there really isn't any excuse for her behavior, probably not even then.  "I own this boat!  I run things here!" or whatever she was saying?   Geez what a harridan, it's not your boat.  And their friends were no great shakes either especially that creeper doctor.  Actually Johnny came across best out of all of them.

Also curious why, if in port, they didn't go to a nice restaurant in St. Tropez?  I'd want to if it were me.

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, Special K said:

Also curious why, if in port, they didn't go to a nice restaurant in St. Tropez?  I'd want to if it were me.

Most likely because it’s a tv show about a yacht and the crew so production wants to maximize the interaction. The only time we have really seen the guests go to a restaurant on either franchise is when there is a problem on the boat.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Most likely because it’s a tv show about a yacht and the crew so production wants to maximize the interaction. The only time we have really seen the guests go to a restaurant on either franchise is when there is a problem on the boat.

Yeah, you're right.  Didn't Captain Sandy take a group out to a restaurant (for lunch, I think), to give everyone some space when Mila was screwing up?  I guess that would qualify as a "problem on the boat."  😉

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

The diff between Ben or Adrian and Anastasia is that the guys would have said to themselves, "alright, these schmoes don't know fine dining if it hit them in the head with a hammer, so I'll just give them HEAPING PILES of meat and potatoes that they cannot possible eat all of, and that will make them happy." And that would have made those morons happy. But Ana wants to impress and yet be lazy at the same time. She did okay for a short time but she's let her ego get in her way and I'm over her. I only hope we're not being set up for a Ana leaves and June stays scenario because I just cannot with dumb as a rock June anymore. Every time she gets called out for doing - or more like NOT doing something - she starts her comeback with "No but..." which is like the calling card of bad lying liars who lie.

• Love 19

I admit to ignorance here, but when Anastasia was talking about the food temp, I assumed she meant underdoneness ... Mr Damon said his steak and then the lobster was underdone for him. When I have heard chefs talk about degrees of doneness, they use temp for rare, med, well-done. I don't think the complaint was that the food wasn't served hot.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, gingerella said:

The diff between Ben or Adrian and Anastasia is that the guys would have said to themselves, "alright, these schmoes don't know fine dining if it hit them in the head with a hammer, so I'll just give them HEAPING PILES of meat and potatoes that they cannot possible eat all of, and that will make them happy."

Isn't that exactly what Adrian did with the group of guys who said on their preference sheets that they wanted to eat "clean," no sugar, etc.  Once he saw that that was aspirational on their part, and not what they really wanted, he just heaped up on the steak, etc., and they were happy. 

I don't know why Anastasia fed this group sea urchin.  I can't imagine they asked for it and it's definitely an acquired taste.  And such tiny portions.  The eggplant would have been fine on a multi-course meal, but not as a main.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, connieinnc said:

I admit to ignorance here, but when Anastasia was talking about the food temp, I assumed she meant underdoneness ... Mr Damon said his steak and then the lobster was underdone for him. When I have heard chefs talk about degrees of doneness, they use temp for rare, med, well-done. I don't think the complaint was that the food wasn't served hot.

Johnny's not a chef and it's pretty clear he doesn't have a particularly sophisticated understanding of food. He really was complaining about getting his food nuclear hot. It wasn't about doneness. The texture of undercooked lobster is weird, kind of mushy, and gross. There's no way that Johnny wouldn't have mentioned that because it's off-putting. Johnny's just one of those people who like having all of their food delivered to them at 190 degrees.

• Love 9
51 minutes ago, gingerella said:

The diff between Ben or Adrian and Anastasia is that the guys would have said to themselves, "alright, these schmoes don't know fine dining if it hit them in the head with a hammer, so I'll just give them HEAPING PILES of meat and potatoes that they cannot possible eat all of, and that will make them happy." And that would have made those morons happy. But Ana wants to impress and yet be lazy at the same time. She did okay for a short time but she's let her ego get in her way and I'm over her. I only hope we're not being set up for a Ana leaves and June stays scenario because I just cannot with dumb as a rock June anymore. Every time she gets called out for doing - or more like NOT doing something - she starts her comeback with "No but..." which is like the calling card of bad lying liars who lie.

Anastasia is doing ok for an untrained chef, but has no business cooking for a 5 star charter - and that's totally on Sandy. The food is a huge part of the tip, so I totally get Hannah's frustration. If this was a for real charter yacht, with real charter guests, not dramaed up for a tv show, she would have been out after the spaghetti and meatballs. The Queen of Versailles may be rich but she ate crap in her documentary so she's no judge of fine dining. Has she even served any of the fresh fish available to her in the Med? Sorry ( not sorry) but she needs to go back to being a stew. Bring on Ben!

• Love 11

I don't think the complaint was that the food wasn't served hot.

Damon absolutely sent the lobster back because it wasn't "hot" enough.  In both the steak and lobster cases it looked look like the food was too cold for the diners, not under cooked.  Few people not even dumbasses like Damon et all want well done steak, but they don't want *cold* or luke warm steak. I just think the timing/communication is off between Ana/servers/Hannah, I've seen Ben (and Adam, and Adrian) bitch about it almost every season he's been on. 

• Love 7

June, June...Hannah. June, June...Hannah. I can’t get it out of my head. I like June, but she needs to keep her ear piece in. I understand not wanting to hear your colleagues, and as someone who prefers silent workspaces I really do get it, but she’s on a boat and for safety reasons, she needs to know what her bosses are saying.

Anastasia had the faux-modesty act down when she was first asked to cook for a charter, but it’s clear she thinks very highly of herself and her cooking. It’s too bad she can’t humble herself a bit to read her guests. If a meal is undercooked or cold, she needs to accept that, apologize, and make it right.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Special K said:

Isn't that exactly what Adrian did with the group of guys who said on their preference sheets that they wanted to eat "clean," no sugar, etc.  Once he saw that that was aspirational on their part, and not what they really wanted, he just heaped up on the steak, etc., and they were happy. 

I don't know why Anastasia fed this group sea urchin.  I can't imagine they asked for it and it's definitely an acquired taste.  And such tiny portions.  The eggplant would have been fine on a multi-course meal, but not as a main.

Me either. That's why I don't buy that it was her idea.  I smell staging and that  it was time in the season for her to struggle and have the guests dissatisfied.  Too contrived for my taste. (Pardon the pun.) lol 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, blixie said:

Damon absolutely sent the lobster back because it wasn't "hot" enough.  In both the steak and lobster cases it looked look like the food was too cold for the diners, not under cooked.  Few people not even dumbasses like Damon et all want well done steak, but they don't want *cold* or luke warm steak. I just think the timing/communication is off between Ana/servers/Hannah, I've seen Ben (and Adam, and Adrian) bitch about it almost every season he's been on. 

I think that is certainly how Ana is interpreting it.  She definitely said at one point that she can't control how much it cools off between the galley and the table.  

I thought the lobster was cold but that the steak was less clear.

My initial thoughts with the steak was that they were all cooked to the same temp and it was too rare for some of them and that led me to wonder if no one asked them for their preference.  The guests not realizing they could custom order their eggs made me think maybe they didn't ask about the steak.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, connieinnc said:

I don't think the complaint was that the food wasn't served hot.

That was exactly what the complaint was, he even said so when they were complaining to Sandy, he said he cant eat food if it isnt hot, as in piping hot. I'm not sure why, he is such a fucking baby about food. The friend complained that they're in the South of France and expected all this luxurious food but honestly? I think all their white trash, lowbrow tastebuds really could handle was meat and potatoes. If she made them lamb with potatoes and some frou frou sauce they'd have been happier. They liked the lobster because it wasn't prepared in some exotic South of France way, it was basic bitch grilled lobster with garlic butter, BFD. They're basically Red Lobster foodies!

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, scrb said:

In any event, if he's been sniffing around being on reality TV shows, this seems like another stunt casting.  These charter guests aren't like regular charter guests, they're being cast for the show, just like everyone else who appears on air.

Yep. I don't buy much of 'reality' in a show like this. They get people (guests) who want tv exposure to promote whatever kind of profession they're in or crap they sell or just simply attention whores 

"Expect 5 star service my ass." Everyone knows this all about the fuckups for a tv show so this whole pretense of the guest casts shelling out for what an actual private yacht cruise would cost and therefore expecting a first rate experience, I'd bet is pure bullshit.

Hell, I would be surprised if Sandy and her crew of ne'er-do-wells even parked the boat,  and, that was left to a behind the scene capable crew and they shoot a faked docking. I also wouldn't be surprised if there is another captain on board while Sandy and the rest of the cast play act, lol.

2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

But that is the thing, this is in no way a five star charter yacht.

Eggggsactly

Edited by 100Proof
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

June should watch when Kate tied a third stews radio to them (Sierra?) & realize sandy switching radios was a better solution. I don’t understand her “I dropped everything”. Girl-you tried out for & were cast in a reality show. Chill. 

I usually don’t judge people’s intimate activities but WOW at that Johnny Damon story.  WOW. How special will his child feel to know that while their mother is in labor, his dad got “bored” and banged 9 women. But I also feel like he’s full of blarney (& I was a candy striper & we aged out at 18-so the story is even more sketchy). And also I’m an Orioles fan (thick & thin) so shut up Johnny. 

Edited by jmcd44
Words
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I don't know what they serve at Michelin or other fine dining restaurants in the Cote d'Azur but pizza and Italian dishes are popular as are things like paella.  But it would be like pizza with tuna for instance.

Now that might be due to all the international tourists they get in the area.

I Googled a couple of the places the crew went to after their first charters and they seemed like basically party places, though they seemed to like the food well enough.

Now a lot of places in Europe just offer burgers, though they charge 10-15 Euros.  Sometimes they're okay and other times you're better off going to McDonalds if you're in a big city and you want burgers.

If you burn up calories during long summer days, you might be more inclined to want volume of food, not caring so much about fine cuisine.

I can't recall but these guests didn't really dress up for dinner did they?  And actually, you might not want to dress up if the weather is hot.  But in this episode there was a lot of wind so maybe it wasn't that hot.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, scrb said:

And actually, you might not want to dress up if the weather is hot.  But in this episode there was a lot of wind so maybe it wasn't that hot.

It was also filmed in October so even during the day it’s not really “hot”.

• Useful 1
9 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

Haha!  My brother in law read the book and commented that no one makes you tell every awful thing you did in your life in your autobiography.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Johnny Damon is trash in so many ways that being both a Red Sock and a Yankee is like fifth or sixth on the list of reasons I don’t like him!

Edited by biakbiak
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3

I do think it was odd that one of the guests didn’t know they could make custom requests for breakfast (and other meals). Anastasia said “they were told”, but who told them? Hannah? Because I find it weird that they were told that and didn’t take advantage of it. Seems like a reasonable request.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, trimthatfat said:

I do think it was odd that one of the guests didn’t know they could make custom requests for breakfast (and other meals). Anastasia said “they were told”, but who told them? Hannah? Because I find it weird that they were told that and didn’t take advantage of it. Seems like a reasonable request.

We have seen nearly every other charter guests requesting specific things for breakfast even when there was already food put out so I think the the guests were just dumb or didn’t listen.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

Then at the breakfast of the eggs benedict when she brought it up to them they asked for potatoes. Long pause on her part then grudging agreement that she could make some but it would take 10-15 minutes.

At that point, why bother? I prefer to enjoy potatoes with the eggs Benny. In my opinion, Ana should have served potatoes as part of the breakfast. The guests should not have to ask for them. I was quite surprised at this as Ana has been doing a great job with breakfasts.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Johnny Damon is trash in so many ways that being both a Red Sock and a Yankee is like fifth or sixth on the list of reasons I don’t like him!

But is he still serving on Presidents Council on Sports, Fitness and Nutrition ? Ok then he’s a fine example. Wife is charming too.  If they are so worldly having been on every size yacht why wouldn’t he be savvy to requesting food? 

• Love 3