Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
starri

Sugar Rush

The second season dropped on 7/26.  

Discuss the antics of the contestants and handsome Hunter March with all of the teeth.

Funny story, I have a small bakery business that I named Sugar Rush, so every time someone says "Sugar Rush" on the show, it makes me think they're talking about me.  😉

I don't remember which episode it was, but there were two girls who said that they had an advantage because they went to culinary school.  They were the ones that made the "yolk".  The really funny thing is that my daughter (who is a pastry chef and ALSO went to culinary school) had just made something similar at the restaurant she works at, so I could really see the culinary school coming into play. 

I always want to know which culinary school people went to when they say they attended one on these cooking shows, but they never say it.  I asked my daughter while I was watching this episode if they are told by their instructors they're not allowed to say their school name on competition shows, etc  (because I find it so odd that no one EVER says!).  She laughed and said no, they're allowed to say it, but the name is such a mouthful so she doesn't really say it either.  She went to the Culinary Institute of America.  I still think it's weird that no one says where they went to school.  

On 8/5/2019 at 11:02 AM, Whimsy said:

I asked my daughter while I was watching this episode if they are told by their instructors they're not allowed to say their school name on competition shows, etc  (because I find it so odd that no one EVER says!).  She laughed and said no, they're allowed to say it, but the name is such a mouthful so she doesn't really say it either.  She went to the Culinary Institute of America.  I still think it's weird that no one says where they went to school.  

Don't people normally just say they went to CIA? That's what I've always heard it called.

15 minutes ago, GaT said:

Don't people normally just say they went to CIA? That's what I've always heard it called.

Usually, but people not in the "know" get confused about CIA and think she's an international spy lol

This show could be fun to watch, if not for the over-zealous over-amped host. He is hard to take, and along with the loud background music make this show hard to watch.

The host seems way to hyper and fake smiley.

5 hours ago, Deskisamess said:

The host seems way to hyper and fake smiley.

And he has all of the teeth.

I dunno, I kind of like him and also think he's pretty hot.

One of the guys in the earlier episodes of the second season was drooling over him, while his boyfriend was standing right there.

• Laugh 1