Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E02: Choreography Competition

Drogo
Message added by Bort

NO SPOILERS HERE.  Click HERE to read the rules before posting.

Clairvoyant comments about who makes show group, point and the final team do not belong here.

• Start Topic

I just watched episode 2 and really enjoyed the show. 

Love ❤️

Chandi, Kristen, Lily, Meredith, Julia, and of course my fav VK

Just Ok

Amanda, Gina Marie, Katy

Least favorites

Lisa, Ashley H, Bret, Kat

I actually cried during Kelli Q’s goodbye. Also, Tina K looked amazing. 

And I am glad Malena made it to finals. She is well poised and beautiful.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Opine said:

Yeah, Lily now has two attitude strikes for me.  We didn't get to know her last year at all (shame on editing), and this year we aren't seeing a DCC attitude.  I certainly don't want her to stay til the last night and get cut again, but my prediction is that if we do, it will be a TRULY MEMORABLE DCC CUT!  She will put Megan F (RIP) to shame!

Agreed. If she gets cut she will tell them straight up what she is thinking. It will be an “empty your bucket” moment for what’s on her mind. I like that about her. 

• Love 2

I found Kat over the top and an attention seeker in that episode. 

Relieved I'm not the only one who's not on the Kat fan train.  Yuck, enough.  She doesn't strike me as a team member kind of girl.  She's out for #1.  

Others also picked up on Lily's "edge".  I remember her cut last year, and finding it surprising, but I don't really remember much about her otherwise.  She seems bitter and snotty.  On the couch with the others who were auditioning again, she gave me mean girl vibes.  

Can Melana please leave?  Please?  Her issues haven't gone away, nothing has changed.  

Meredith is such a pretty dancer.  I swear, she's the first one highlighted who has ever been shown actually turning out.  Then Kelli had to go and say....pretty ballet feet don't matter, I'm just going to cover them up with boots.  And I guess that's all I'll ever need to know!

Love the addition of Charm.  

There are some interesting candidates here to watch!  

• Love 6

Did not care for the comment about covering up ballet feet with boots. When the ladies get called out for bad feet, now I'm going to have Kelli's comment on my brain. She can't have it both ways. Must be frustrating for these ladies.

• Love 19
3 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

Did not care for the comment about covering up ballet feet with boots. When the ladies get called out for bad feet, now I'm going to have Kelli's comment on my brain. She can't have it both ways. Must be frustrating for these ladies.

She also made the comment about how power and projection resonate with her - no, pretty is what resonates with her.  Turning a pretty girl into a DCC style dancer even when you can tell it will never happen.

• Love 5

Long time lurker, first time poster. Many years retired college cheerleader here. 

Somebody tell me why Malena is still around?? I cringe watching her. great body but her makeup is always terrible. And her dancing is a hot mess. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, NoChtngWhenEtng said:

I spied some “ghosts” from seasons past! Was that Jackie who won the fan vote several seasons ago? Interesting she made it to finals, at least I thought I saw her celebrating.

I think I saw Lacey, the one with the bulky arms too.

UCLA Katy kind of looks like Sydney D, but needs to tone up or drop some weight.

I still don’t think Amanda has the look, but she’s a great dancer.

That poor girl Madi who comes back every year! Her hair was way too light this year too.

I did a double take too. I was wondering if that was Jackie. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, ADuckinTexas said:

Long time lurker, first time poster. Many years retired college cheerleader here. 

Somebody tell me why Malena is still around?? I cringe watching her. great body but her makeup is always terrible. And her dancing is a hot mess. 

A UO Duck?

It seems weird that Malena came back, but if she was that "obsessed" with making the DCC, even after her history with the Jets...……….maybe she thinks this is her year?  I just think that stringing her along is a bad idea.  She will need an awesome solo and be able to perform on that big screen.  All without, as Kelli puts it - getting into her head.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

A UO Duck?

It seems weird that Malena came back, but if she was that "obsessed" with making the DCC, even after her history with the Jets...……….maybe she thinks this is her year?  I just think that stringing her along is a bad idea.  She will need an awesome solo and be able to perform on that big screen.  All without, as Kelli puts it - getting into her head.

Yep. Oregon Duck. 

I just thought there had to be a ton of stronger dancers that should have made it into finals. I am assuming they keep her around for storyline. 

• Love 1

Bret needs to change her makeup. It is muddy and awful. Amanda's makeup is also not good for her. The filler music is SO. AWFUL!!!!!! It is tough to listen to..

Marshall is gorgeous and fabulous as always.

None of this would be the same without Phil. 🙂

I am rooting for Katy and feel bad that Madi did not make it to finals. 😞

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 4

This episode is always pretty boring. 

I found Bret funny looking - maybe it was her makeup.

Malena just isn't a good enough dancer.

I like Kat, love Chandi, she has a great look.

Enjoyed the veterans' goodbyes - not entirely sure why we had to watch them perform thunder without poms tho - so random. 

Like Charm a lot. Phil's dance party is sadly a bit tired now. 

Psyched for finals.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, dccfangirl said:

This episode is always pretty boring. 

I found Bret funny looking - maybe it was her makeup.

Malena just isn't a good enough dancer.

I like Kat, love Chandi, she has a great look.

Enjoyed the veterans' goodbyes - not entirely sure why we had to watch them perform thunder without poms tho - so random. 

Like Charm a lot. Phil's dance party is sadly a bit tired now. 

Psyched for finals.

Finals is much better. I agree with that wholeheartedly. I am just getting tired of Kitty. Her schtick is old.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Opine said:

Yeah, Lily now has two attitude strikes for me.  We didn't get to know her last year at all (shame on editing), and this year we aren't seeing a DCC attitude.  I certainly don't want her to stay til the last night and get cut again, but my prediction is that if we do, it will be a TRULY MEMORABLE DCC CUT!  She will put Megan F (RIP) to shame!

I actually didn't like the Phil dance party. They're exhausted and nervous. They probably want to rest and be left alone. This is the biggest audition of their lives and the comeback girls must be especially worn out. Being forced to perform for the CMT cameras when you don't know if you've had your dream shattered has to be really annoying.

• Love 14

If there is a show next year, please put prelims and semi finals  into one episode again! I don't need a whole episode on prelims and one on semi finals. And find a way to make a two hour episode for final auditions. I think that's a lot of people's favorite anyway! We want to see more solos.

• Love 11

My husband is adopted so I asked him about the Chandi issue and her being bullied. He pointed out that Chandi is a different race than her Mom and I hadn’t picked up on that initially. 

At the same time, I am really sick of the sob stories. They’re starting to sound more contrived every season. Amanda’s was the least believable to me. 

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

If there is a show next year, please put prelims and semi finals  into one episode again! I don't need a whole episode on prelims and one on semi finals. And find a way to make a two hour episode for final auditions. I think that's a lot of people's favorite anyway! We want to see more solos.

More solos, panel interviews, judges deliberations - at this point, you know they are picturing these girls on the squad, so what are they seeing?  What do they think of the returning vets? 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

My husband is adopted so I asked him about the Chandi issue and her being bullied. He pointed out that Chandi is a different race than her Mom and I hadn’t picked up on that initially. 

At the same time, I am really sick of the sob stories. They’re starting to sound more contrived every season. Amanda’s was the least believable to me. 

Yes! Not saying her brother passing isn't sad. But he was 3 years old when he passed and in the quick picture they showed of them together, she looked maybe 2-3 years older than him making her around 5 or 6 when he died? So how much could she really remember him? I guess enough to garner some tears for her back story for a show but it's become really tiresome. 

I grew up with a good friend who had a sister one year older than she is. Her sister drowned at 6 years of age (so my friend was 5 when her sister died). Even when we were teenagers she admitted she remembered a few details about her sister but not much because she was so young when she died. 

• Love 4

Malena sweating buckets. Ew.

Alexandra seems kind of desperate. I have a hunch she keeps coming back because people like Christina who tried out a bunch and eventually made the team give her hope. It's the " if Christina can make it, then surely I can!" mentality lol

I like Kats personality. I like that she doesn't take herself too seriously. She seems lighthearted and silly in a fun way.

Old lady Lily always seem to have a scowl on her face. Even the look on her face when Kelli called her up for finals...she just seems kind of smug

MRS and her snake print outfit and bright purple eyeliner. I cannot believe after all these years of being on TV she does not have better style.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
33 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

Alexandra seems kind of desperate. I have a hunch she keeps coming back because people like Christina who tried out a bunch and eventually made the team give her hope. It's the " if Christina can make it, then surely I can!" mentality lol

I like Kats personality. I like that she doesn't take herself too seriously. She seems lighthearted and silly in a fun way.

Old lady Lily always seem to have a scowl on her face. Even the look on her face when Kelli called her up for finals...she just seems kind of smug

MRS and her snake print outfit and bright purple eyeliner. I cannot believe after all these years of being on TV she does not have better style.

I respectfully disagree about Kat. I think she takes herself very seriously!

This girl knows how to get herself in front of a camera and even said when she sort of messed up on the dance that she knows how to be an "Entertainer." CMT is eating it up. Sob story Cameo and all. I think it's very serious business to her.

• Love 3

Bret needs to change her makeup. It is muddy and awful. 

So bad!  She seemed like kind of a know-it-all for some reason.  I don't even remember her dancing...just commenting on everything.

Two things I wanted to say but thought I'd get shot down for it:

Not saying her brother passing isn't sad. But he was 3 years old when he passed and in the quick picture they showed of them together, she looked maybe 2-3 years older than him making her around 5 or 6 when he died? So how much could she really remember him? 

Agree with both!!

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Kiki620 said:

So bad!  She seemed like kind of a know-it-all for some reason.  I don't even remember her dancing...just commenting on everything.

Well, in her defense - the way they are shooting the show this year, with cameras picking up conversations that are probably prompted.  I'm sure we will hear lots of comments, not just from her, but from other girls.  It will be interesting if they do that to the vets as well.

• Love 3

Definitely a boring episode, with overall boring candidates.  I'm going to repeat the same observation (because it happens EVERY. FRIGGIN. YEAR.)...PLEASE stop with the sob stories, CMT.  This is a pretty privileged bunch - just own it.

Seems like Yoshiko has quite the business of sending DCC plenty of candidates from Japan.  Being an animal lover, Yuko's comment about her cat was disheartening more than it was funny.

Unpopular opinion - I cringed through the entire veteran segment.  It felt like it was just another way for TPTB to showcase KaShara, even if they went through all the retiring ladies.

Edited by 123DCCWoooo
  • Love 5
34 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Regarding the sweating: is that what they look like on game day?  I’m a sweater and it fucking sucks. 

@NMDD43 Old Lady Lily! 🤣🤣 

Some of the girl’s makeup holds up better than others. Malena’s is terrible. She needs a good matte foundation and anti shine setting spray. I’m sweating in the heat of Texas all day and then working out and my makeup holds up. 

17 minutes ago, ADuckinTexas said:

Some of the girl’s makeup holds up better than others. Malena’s is terrible. She needs a good matte foundation and anti shine setting spray. I’m sweating in the heat of Texas all day and then working out and my makeup holds up. 

Why is she not getting better make-up??It’s almost uncomfortable to see her so hot.

If her memory hasn’t improved, I hope they get rid of her soon. (But not bc she sweats so much 😉)

• Love 2
10 hours ago, NoChtngWhenEtng said:

I spied some “ghosts” from seasons past! Was that Jackie who won the fan vote several seasons ago? Interesting she made it to finals, at least I thought I saw her celebrating.

I think I saw Lacey, the one with the bulky arms too.

UCLA Katy kind of looks like Sydney D, but needs to tone up or drop some weight.

I still don’t think Amanda has the look, but she’s a great dancer.

That poor girl Madi who comes back every year! Her hair was way too light this year too.

Yes Jackie was the Asian girl right? I knew I recognized her from past seasons. They didn't show her dancing or when announcing the people who had made it to finals (they just showed her talking with the other girls). Does anyone know if she did make it to finals?

If I were Alex I would have picked a different color/outfit than in years past, considering she didn't make it wearing it.

Edited by tvrox
  • Love 2

I'm just curious about how often the girls dance during the game? Obviously they come out in the beginning and I'm guessing they do a routine at halftime. Then I've heard them say that they cheer on the touchdown decks I'm assuming when they get a touchdown. Do they do other routines while the game is going? Thanks to those who can clue me in on this.

5 hours ago, Route66 said:

I actually didn't like the Phil dance party. They're exhausted and nervous. They probably want to rest and be left alone. This is the biggest audition of their lives and the comeback girls must be especially worn out. Being forced to perform for the CMT cameras when you don't know if you've had your dream shattered has to be really annoying.

I felt bad that they were redoing their hair and makeup after the dance party and before being called to see who had made it to finals! You would think it wouldn't matter at that point, since the decision on who had made it had already been made.

Glimpsed Shelly. Anyone know why Dayton didn't try out this year?

8 minutes ago, tvrox said:

I felt bad that they were redoing their hair and makeup after the dance party and before being called to see who had made it to finals! You would think it wouldn't matter at that point, since the decision on who had made it had already been made.

Glimpsed Shelly. Anyone know why Dayton didn't try out this year?

She got a job on a cruise ship after she was cut last year, and got back into town this year just as auditions started, or just after.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, seasick said:

I'm just curious about how often the girls dance during the game? Obviously they come out in the beginning and I'm guessing they do a routine at halftime. Then I've heard them say that they cheer on the touchdown decks I'm assuming when they get a touchdown. Do they do other routines while the game is going? Thanks to those who can clue me in on this.

They dance on the sidelines !! They don’t do the touch down decks anymore 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, tvrox said:

Yes Jackie was the Asian girl right? I knew I recognized her from past seasons. They didn't show her dancing or when announcing the people who had made it to finals (they just showed her talking with the other girls). Does anyone know if she did make it to finals?

I rewatched (what?!) and they definitely showed Jackie in the group of finalists when Malena ran up. Malena hugged someone and you could see Jackie behind her.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, NoChtngWhenEtng said:

I rewatched (what?!) and they definitely showed Jackie in the group of finalists when Malena ran up. Malena hugged someone and you could see Jackie behind her.

Funny how they make a big fuss over some returning candidates, yet others- nada.  

7 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

Funny how they make a big fuss over some returning candidates, yet others- nada.  

They have a new crew this year (or did they start last year)? Anyhoo, maybe they don’t know everyone returning? Silly guess.

• Love 1
On 8/9/2019 at 11:00 PM, Leia1021 said:

I hope that doesn't mean that, if she goes back to Japan, she will leave the cat here. 

I would never leave any of my critters behind. So if she does, the cat is probably better off. Sorry to sound harsh, my pets are like my children!

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Agent Gully said:

I would never leave any of my critters behind. So if she does, the cat is probably better off. Sorry to sound harsh, my pets are like my children!

Does anyone know the pet quarantine regs for Japan? She may not have a choice about the cat.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

Agree! But I wonder - is her BF staying here in the US for now or going back with her? She said they were getting married but I didn't know if he's from the US or from Japan too? Anyone know? My hope was she would come back to Texas to marry the BF so he would keep the kitty for now. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

Finals is much better. I agree with that wholeheartedly. I am just getting tired of Kitty. Her schtick is old.

I quite liked when she did the "friendly Kitty" workshop two seasons ago rather than just being harsh on them. I like seeing her do technical kick work and work across the floor with the girls - I really love that. Her pre-finals solo stuff where she insults the girls tho is always a bit same-y. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, CrazyMoon said:

Does anyone know the pet quarantine regs for Japan? She may not have a choice about the cat.

If you know you're going back to Japan, you don't get a cat. Pets are a lifetime commitment. You don't get one for a year or two with the mindset that you'll just toss it out when it's not convenient.

I've never understood having Yuko on the team anyway. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, lizbette said:

It's up on CMT. It's just not showing up on the videos page yet. You have to click the first episode, and then on the sidebar, episode 2 will show up. Here's the link:

http://www.cmt.com/full-episodes/u3ws7m/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team-choreography-competition-season-14-ep-1402

Unfortunately, for us, non US residents, it's not possible to go on their website ! It's redirected on their youtube page... Even with Hola...

55 minutes ago, Diane Mars said:

Unfortunately, for us, non US residents, it's not possible to go on their website ! It's redirected on their youtube page... Even with Hola...

Episode 2 is not available for streaming. Only Episode 1

12 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

My nephews are adopted and are a different race (asian and native alaskan) and people do make odd comments because they do not look like their parents.  I wouldn't call it being bullied or made fun of, but insensitive comments that are hurtful mostly to my sister. Most don't honestly know they are being insulting.

That said, the only sob story I want to hear is if they didn't make a dance team and came back stronger! 🙂

• Love 2

Yuko adores her cat.  I am sure she had to go back for immigration reasons and her cat could not go with her.. Her fiance I believe works as a conditioning coach for the Baltimore Orioles or another baseball team.  She will be back in America is my guess with the fiance/husband and the cat.

• Love 8

Poor Malena sweating buckets. She seems to always be on the verge of tears and some of her facial expressions make me feel like she could have a meltdown at any time. I question her emotional stability.  If she makes it to training camp and gets cut again, she’s going to fall apart. And if she doesn’t make it to training camp, she’ll probably still fall apart. 

• Love 3