Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E02: Choreography Competition

Drogo
Message added by Bort

NO SPOILERS HERE.  Click HERE to read the rules before posting.

Clairvoyant comments about who makes show group, point and the final team do not belong here.

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

I prefer the focused side stories of the candidates rather than the sob stories.  A good example is how they focused on Ashton Torres in season 4 or the Trevino sisters in season 3 when Crystal tried out.  It was more focused on the girls and how they got to tryouts, which made them much more likable and easy to root for.  It's hard to get excited about a candidate that has nothing except "I was bullied by mean girls in the dance studio!"  Unfortunately, the current state of DCC auditions, the show, and the girls it attracts makes for a very privileged group.  So those endearing side stories of earlier seasons are gone forever, which is a shame.

I hate the sob, but I don't mind the facts.  Like the Maggie skin condition or the dyslexia.  As long as they aren't packaged as a major sob story, I do think that it makes the candidates more real and is inspiring for people who may think you have to be perfect. 

• Love 3
On 8/11/2019 at 10:30 PM, ATLGirl said:

it's very sad her little brother died but they were both little kids. Is he really her inspiration for dancing? I'm sorry but I have a tough time buying that.

I'm not an Amanda fan, but I'll actually defend her on this.  I'm not sure she means he is her inspiration for dancing, but that the fact that he died young elicits thoughts of "you never know when your time is up," so that drives her to do what makes her happy.

• Love 15

I'm sorry for Madi in that she clearly wanted it.  Her hair color is too light, and a shorter cut from last year suited her better.  She has enough of a girl next door look and fit form but from what I remember from last year she was a little stiff in her movements.  I know seasons back the Kansas CIty girl who was a clean dancer had that issue too, so I think it is fixable but harder to break.  I doubt she will be back, but I think really fluid dance class like modern, belly dancing, hawaiian dancing, even pole dance classes work on that!  true dancers would know better, but those are the things that come to mind.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

I'm not an Amanda fan, but I'll actually defend her on this.  I'm not sure she means he is her inspiration for dancing, but that the fact that he died young elicits thoughts of "you never know when your time is up," so that drives her to do what makes her happy.

If that’s what she meant, then I can admire that. I just took the surface meaning from it. 

The sad story that had the most traction for me was the girl who danced for the Chargers (her name escapes me but she auditioned again this year, was muscular) and her brother died in a car accident. You could tell they were very close. Hard to come back from that. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

If that’s what she meant, then I can admire that. I just took the surface meaning from it. 

The sad story that had the most traction for me was the girl who danced for the Chargers (her name escapes me but she auditioned again this year, was muscular) and her brother died in a car accident. You could tell they were very close. Hard to come back from that. 

That's Lacey Jean, I believe.   

Edited by Kayce
11 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

She totally could have meant it the way you thought, I just had a different spin on it 🙂 

19 hours ago, DCCfaninMA said:

Here's where I'm WAY in the minority;  I actually like VK.  I like her a lot.  Is she kinda all over the place?  Yup.  Is she the subject of favoritism?  Yup.  But (sadly) that is how the world works, imo.  The judges are human, they've known VK since she was a child so naturally they're going to have an affectionate response to her.  I do get it though, listening to Kelli talk about the integrity of the process one minute and then acting like slipping during free style was adorable.  But what I love VK's personality.  At least she is original, and not giving pageant-perfect, politically correct answers when they interview her. 

One more unpopular opinion; I love Melissa R as a judge and mentor.  I find her genuine and there is nothing about her that says "mean girl" as someone had suggested earlier, just my imo.  I find she always tries to find the positive and the "sexy faces" comment in the first episode was a riot.  I'll never forget the year Maddi was trying out and crying on the first night, Melissa came right to her and supported her - on camera but spontaneous.  She really won me over that time.

image.png

3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Agreed. I also think some of her sadness may be due to her parents’ pain and sorrow. She has witnessed their suffering throughout her life. That has a profound impact on a child who grows up seeing/hearing the pain. His pics are probably still displayed throughout their home. He is gone but is still part of their lives. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Namaste said:

Agreed. I also think some of her sadness may be due to her parents’ pain and sorrow. She has witnessed their suffering throughout her life. That has a profound impact on a child who grows up seeing/hearing the pain. His pics are probably still displayed throughout their home. He is gone but is still part of their lives. 

Yes. This. 

Edited to add: I’m still on the fence with Amanda. I don’t find her very attractive and it definitely seems like, although she is a good dancer, she is in this for the DCC notoriety and exposure as opposed to a deep seated love for DCC or the Cowboys. 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

Yeah, that was recent and huge.  I give them a pass on that one too.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

Or that girl who was in the crowd of that Vegas shooting and had to run for her life.  THATS a real sob story.   Pretty girl from a rich family w/ Dyselexia?  Not so much.

• Love 4
On 8/11/2019 at 1:56 PM, go4luca said:

A bit bottom heavy and way too much bleach for me.

Agreed.  IMO she’s not as facially pretty when you really look at her as she seems from the initial glance - if that makes sense.

I think a lot of those Mavs dancers have that going on about them - initial look is “wow she’s really pretty” - then 5 seconds later you really ehh...not so much, all the bright hair and makeup kind of fools you.  Haha. 

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
55 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Or that girl who was in the crowd of that Vegas shooting and had to run for her life.  THATS a real sob story.   Pretty girl from a rich family w/ Dyselexia?  Not so much.

Was that Sarah? Did she come back? 

Just now, go4luca said:

Do you share the same cable provider as @homelife?  She said various cable providers are locked out of the episodes.  That's why she can't view the episode.

I doubt it.  Mine is extremely local to this area.  Was just saying that it worked for me.  I get that it might not work for everyone 🙂

1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

Agreed.  IMO she’s not as facially pretty when you really look at her as she seems from the initial glance - if that makes sense.

I think a lot of those Mavs dancers have that going on about them - initial look is “wow she’s really pretty” - then 5 seconds later you really ehh...not so much, all the bright hair and makeup kind of fools you.  Haha. 

The Mavs Dancers had a makeup tutorial a few years back...  This is what Ashley looks like under that pound of makeup.

2019-08-13 (28).png

• Useful 1
44 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

For cameos last season Jalyn came in bare faced, plain hair....she was just a regular cute girl....all done up she looked fabulous.

Most of the girls are that way - you see that when they show them before they get glammed up for cameos or calendar shoot.  Actually, you also see a lot of them are tired:(

• Love 1
1 hour ago, CrazyMoon said:

For cameos last season Jalyn came in bare faced, plain hair....she was just a regular cute girl....all done up she looked fabulous.

The girls are already so pretty without makeup.  Some of my favorite snaps of them are without their DCC glam makeup.  Like Ashlee, Bridget and Savvy looked on this train ride to an appearance last year.

5bb01e304abdb_classic_bridge_42068909_669824203386034_6102703514276655278_ncopy.jpg.3540e683eb9558ce26970dad20e96156.jpg

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

The girls are already so pretty without makeup.  Some of my favorite snaps of them are without their DCC glam makeup.  Like Ashlee, Bridget and Savvy looked on this train ride to an appearance last year.

5bb01e304abdb_classic_bridge_42068909_669824203386034_6102703514276655278_ncopy.jpg.3540e683eb9558ce26970dad20e96156.jpg

They took the official cowboys bus its nice inside 

• Useful 1
7 minutes ago, go4luca said:

5 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

They took the official cowboys bus its nice inside 

This is cool! Is this the tour bus or the train sleeper car?

2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Most of the girls are that way - you see that when they show them before they get glammed up for cameos or calendar shoot.  Actually, you also see a lot of them are tired:(

I only brought up Jalyn because she was filmed bare faced and talking about it....

• Love 2
On 8/13/2019 at 12:34 AM, sATL said:

I wish as part of the "cry-and-bye" speeches from the Vets, they would have stated what they will be doing next.

Didn't need great personal details or company names- something like going to grad school, working in the journalism field, going home to momma, lay up under my man , going on an overseas mission trip, open my own business...just a little something for closure.

We get more details from women we first met last week (brother died, adopted,  dyslexia, translator needed for TH) than we got from dancers we've seen for years..

Yes!  I was so excited to hear these speeches but in the end they were kind of generic

7 hours ago, go4luca said:

Hmm they look amazing but I do think they're wearing makeup though

• Love 7
42 minutes ago, go4luca said:

If they are, it's not their DCC glam makeup as I stated in my original post.

Yes, it's very natural looking 🙂  If they are wearing makeup, it's minimal and they all three look wonderful 🙂

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, pisces125 said:

Yes!  I was so excited to hear these speeches but in the end they were kind of generic

Except for Tasha although she did appear to be talking future babies and not actual pregnancy announcement.