Type keyword(s) to search

S02:E07: Blow

• Start Topic

On 8/1/2019 at 12:42 AM, RealReality said:

Yeah, he is a dummy for believing that only bottoms get HIV, but who knew what and when about the virus?  So much misinformation. 

I got the impression that he was still being untruthful about his involvement with the guy on tour and that it went way beyond what he said happened. He hasn't been truthful about it up to this point and it's human nature to try and minimize, even (or especially) in the face of something so serious. My first thought when he told Pray Tell what they did together was, "He's totally lying. He's immature and doesn't want to admit that he totally and completely cheated, so he's lying."

On 7/31/2019 at 10:57 AM, Blakeston said:

What Frederica did to the salon wasn't lawful. She insisted that everything be under the table, which was illegal, and she violated the oral agreement she made with Blanca for no good reason. That's why the city sided with Blanca and let her re-open the salon.

Agree that both things (Blanca's eviction and the condom'ing of Frederica's home) were illegal. But...the entire situation with Blanca and the salon is coming off as totally unrealistic to me. She hands over a wad of cash with no receipt, no witness, no written contract or lease and no recourse. The show makes a huge deal out of the eviction and then Blanca moves back in...still with no receipt, no witness, no written contract or lease and no recourse? I'm failing to see how the courts sided with her. I can see there would be almost no way she could've taken over the space without some agreement, but they still have no ongoing written agreement - or did I miss that? I might believe it in 2019, but in 1990? 

I'm still waiting to see how many get arrested from the Frederica home vandalism. Seriously, they have it on camera - on the news - with witnesses. We know exactly who it is, in fact - they admitted it - yet no one was arrested? Or did I miss that, too?

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Lunula said:

I got the impression that he was still being untruthful about his involvement with the guy on tour and that it went way beyond what he said happened. He hasn't been truthful about it up to this point and it's human nature to try and minimize, even (or especially) in the face of something so serious. My first thought when he told Pray Tell what they did together was, "He's totally lying. He's immature and doesn't want to admit that he totally and completely cheated, so he's lying."

Agree that both things (Blanca's eviction and the condom'ing of Frederica's home) were illegal. But...the entire situation with Blanca and the salon is coming off as totally unrealistic to me. She hands over a wad of cash with no receipt, no witness, no written contract or lease and no recourse. The show makes a huge deal out of the eviction and then Blanca moves back in...still with no receipt, no witness, no written contract or lease and no recourse? I'm failing to see how the courts sided with her. I can see there would be almost no way she could've taken over the space without some agreement, but they still have no ongoing written agreement - or did I miss that? I might believe it in 2019, but in 1990? 

I'm still waiting to see how many get arrested from the Frederica home vandalism. Seriously, they have it on camera - on the news - with witnesses. We know exactly who it is, in fact - they admitted it - yet no one was arrested? Or did I miss that, too?

I don't know, I could see an arrest and getting bailed out fairly quickly.  It's illegal, but the actual property damage seems pretty minimal.  I don't think they went inside the house   Its vandalism, but I feel like that's generally a misdemeanor, right?  

I guess there would be civil damages and maybe a cause of action for damage to Fredrickas image and reputation, but those seem speculative especially since frederika already seems to have a pretty crap reputation and she was publicly outed on the news as kicking Blanca out for being transgender.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Lunula said:

My first thought when he told Pray Tell what they did together was, "He's totally lying. He's immature and doesn't want to admit that he totally and completely cheated, so he's lying."

Right.  His story did change.  First from a blow job.  Then the other guy is a hungry bottom and Pray called out his bottom shaming so it's possible Ricky bottomed but doesn't want to admit it because of how he perceives bottoms.  (An that nice little cross section of internalized homophobia and misogyny.) 

• Love 8

Poor Ricky! Like many others, I hope TPTB are not setting up a sexual relationship between Pray Tell and him.

Oh no, the return of the creepy photographer! I don't see this ending well for Angel.

I am also guessing that Patti Lupone will probably send her mafioso son to hurt Blanca and get back at her.

• Love 1
On 8/5/2019 at 2:18 PM, Lunula said:

You still couldn't evict someone by moving their stuff out and boarding up the store-not even  a squatter.  If you claimed they broke in and set up shop without an agreement, your remedy would be to have them arrested for breaking and entering.  Otherwise, it goes to Housing Court.

• Love 1

It was nice to have an episode that was funnier and sassier where everybody's fashion was on point after the messiness of last week. 

I get that everyone can't work at the dungeon, but Lulu seems like a good fit for a dominatrix. Why not offer her a job sooner?

I am not interested in seeing Angel and Papi get addicted to cocaine. Why was that even part of the show? They weren't even that peer pressured. I can't with the writing sometimes. 

I'm glad they didn't try to make Ricky talking to Pray romantic. I was worried for a second but maybe Ricky just gives off flirty vibes with everyone. It's good to show that sort of mentor relationship. It's something that isn't shown a lot in the media and that's a problem when there are still lunatics thinking that gay people are perverse or gay content is inappropriate for children. And also, as the show makes the point, the AIDS crisis killed a generation of potential elders.

Y'all, I think Ricky is going to die. I highly doubt Pose is going to kill Blanca or Pray Tell unless they know they've been cancelled. But Ricky? I can see Ricky as potential cannon fodder like Candy was.

• Love 2

So how the hell did they avoid getting arrested for the condom stunt? They took credit for it on the news. And there's no way that Frederica wouldn't press charges.

Was that like Frederica's summer home? 1) It looked smaller than the house we saw the interior of would suggest. 2) How did they pick a time when no one was home?

Angel- stay away from drugs. Why why why would she do that?

Angel is also a pretty street-wise character. I mean, we met her "working" at the pier. I feel like she'd know enough to not get mixed up with drugs or to think that something medical grade (or whatever they called it) would mean it was safe. Unlike Lulu, she didn't even have the excuse of emotional trauma. She did it... just cause. 

In real life, ACT UP put the giant condom on Jesse Helms's house, which made a whole lot more sense as a protest.

Whenever one of these things happens, I just assume there's a real life equivalent that was awkwardly shoe-horned into the show. 

Their hookup was as sexy as I was hoping - I'm just mad we were robbed of the lead up!

You know what could have been a totally fine plotline? Mrs. Ford tells Angel she got the Bebe job. Papi finally takes her to that restaurant on a nice date. They have heartwarming romantic conversations over a candlelit dinner. And then sexytimes. OR, if you need drama, then all of that but the next day when he goes with her to the photoshoot, Mrs. Ford doesn't treat him like a real manager and the rest of the crew make snide comments and Angel acts embarrassed and Papi is hurt and his insecurities reemerge. OR maybe he watches her at the photoshoot and it's all really sexy and he's a little jealous. And Angel bounces over and doesn't get the reaction she wants so she thinks he's judging her. But he explains that even though he knows it's just work to her, he can't watch her do that with other guys. And this leaves the door open for her to be at work by herself and vulnerable to who knows what in a following episode. You know... natural things that might happen NATURALLY.

Unfortunately, that cocaine scene was all too real, especially for the times -- the excess of the 80s is still in full effect and cocaine was a common party favor, especially for models who used it supposedly to stay thin.

I still wouldn't have been happy about the development but it would have at least been something if Angel had felt the pressure to stay thin. 

Angel and Papi finally getting it on was all kinds of hot, but then it got all screwed up with them doing that "medicine" even though they both should know better. 

Just remembered Papi used to be an actual drug dealer. I don't believe for a second that he was only involved with pot given the operation we saw. If anyone should know better about there being no "safe" forms of coke, it's him.

LOL, in another life, elektra would have made a coat out of that poor dog.  I love that she gives me cruela de ville realness.  And how the hell did she get that random glass of pink lemonade with a straw?!?!!

OMG, yes. Very Cruella.

• Love 4