Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E09: Oklahoma City City Finals

• Start Topic

Just caught the rerun. I have to say I like Maggie. Maybe I was influenced after reading the negative comments here. But, and I say this as someone with no kids, even if the ex if paying support, doing the physical work of raising kids, keeping up with training yourself, and doing whatever work she has to do to get through each day, she deserves a break. And if the bow and makeup makes her feel good about herself, then good on her. Just like some people have tats or piercings or weird hair or wear funky clothes, Maggie can have her bow and matching lipstick, it's okay with me.

I like Daniel Gil, and got a kick out of Akbar saying "He's got body in his hair and now he needs to get his body up the salmon ladder." He's one who makes the course look so easy, I imagine even I could complete it. And trust me, I couldn't complete the first obstacle if that was a "Walk a Straight Line" obstacle.

I watched The Kid during the interview after the Power Tower and, while some might think he looks arrogant and expressionless, to me it appeared as if he was working to hide his emotion and not let the tears start.

Speaking of interviews, the side of Maggie's face was turning black pretty quickly by the time she was interviewed. I, too, hope she recovers well from that fall. Watching her fall and knowing she was concussed, made her getting as far as she did pretty amazing.

Add me to the list of people wishing more women from OKC would have gotten through. In all, a pretty good episode though. And yeah, LOL at all those wimps in OKC wearing hoodies, winter coats, gloves and wool hats in July. Trying to fend off the 115 temps I guess.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, saber5055 said:

And yeah, LOL at all those wimps in OKC wearing hoodies, winter coats, gloves and wool hats in July. Trying to fend off the 115 temps I guess.

They filmed this in March or April.

14 hours ago, saber5055 said:

And yeah, LOL at all those wimps in OKC wearing hoodies, winter coats, gloves and wool hats in July. Trying to fend off the 115 temps I guess.

Sarcasm obviously doesn't come off well in the written word. "This was a joke, son, a joke." --Foghorn Leghorn

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 8:59 PM, Conotocarious said:

The Kid beats Gil for the safety pass. I didn’t see that coming. 

I did. I called it as soon as they said he might end up with the second spot for the Power Tower. I said "If that guy ends up running against Daniel Gil, his mentor, Daniel is going to throw it for him". And whaddaya know...

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 6:07 PM, Ilovepie said:

I was so excited to see Karsten hit a buzzer. I love his mother.

This...

Her "I knew you would do it! I knew you would do it!" made me tear up. And his son, too. So proud of his daddy.

• Love 1