Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E08: How Can I Trust You?

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, PityFree said:

Dr Pepper made Amber seems so pathetic and pitiful.

She’s done that all on her own. 

4 minutes ago, PityFree said:

Matt doesn’t care anymore.

At all. At ALLLLLLL. 

• Love 13
19 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

Wtf just happened? I blinked and Elizabeth just started having another meltdown.

For someone not into dogs, Jamie is all cuddled up with her dogs.

What I caught was that they went for a walk with the dogs, she said let’s take sex off the table for now ( she has a UTI) and Jamie got mad and started dragging the dogs. She got mad about that. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

Deonna seems like a lovely woman and a nice, funny person, but she definitely wasn’t ready for marriage, especially with Greg, who seems a very quality guy.  He’ll make someone a wonderful husband someday, but I don’t see this marriage lasting. 

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • Love 5

Keith gets manicures and pedicures!!! I find that incredibly sexy. Well groomed men are so... oh my god... so sexy.

ETA:  she should have told him that he was handsome.

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 10

I like Deonna and Greg but I'm tired of them acting like 12 year olds. 

And Deonna.  I bet my house that if Greg looked like Idris Elba your "walls" would have been knocked down 15 minutes after the wedding reception.  

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

Greg and Deonna are so cute. Mostly him but she’s cute too. 

Their card game is very cute.

ETA: Matt and Amber's game is excruciating. Please go back to Greg and Deonna. ETAA: He is so excited for his insecurity to come true that he is actively working on it.

Edited by Mercolleen
Horrible Matt came on the screen two seconds after I posted originally.
  • Love 4

Poor Iris.  I feel sorry for her.  I hope an actual counselor (not the damn “experts”) is working with her through these issues.  It’s a big deal to her and it should be treated as such. 

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • Love 11

Deonna should give Iris advice, she’s right, stop overthinking the sex thing, just do it. 

9 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I don't feel at all sorry for Iris because she should never have gone on this show.  After all, she does know that married people have sex because that's how she got here.

That’s true. What I felt sorry for her were the sex questions, how is she suppose to know about doggie style when she’s never had sex. I just thought those questions were insensitive. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, PityFree said:

Iris:  “I can’t change being a virgin!”

Me: ...

I bet my neighbors heard me yell at the tv when she said that. 

She’s obsessed with being Iris the Virgin. I don’t know that obsessed is the right word but I don’t know how else to say it. It’s such a part of her identity that I don’t think she’ll be willing to have sex in three months, six months, etc. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

JealousRonnie is also cringing as his daughter shakes her tatas at a man who is going to hate bang her...for the next 6 weeks...yep, Jamile will be quick on the trigger and snoring in 1 minute flat post coitus... he gets his revenge everytime he leaves Reddish hanging....

There's the door Jamie....run to it...

Iris is just full of faux drama and crocodile tears...geez louise.... so don't have any sex, no one is making you do anything...

Iris has virgin ears, too

Keith Manley  will be glad he isn't the person mentioned for next 50 years as

"her official first" every time she drags out the tedious story of how her virginity was claimed....it will be some other Smoe of no consequence...

There's the door Keith.....take it...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

Jamie literally told Elizabeth, "I think sex is the one thing that's working in our relationship."

Elizabeth was going to leave that shared apartment and get away for the night to think. (Jamie had done much the same the previous night --but The Great Dr. Pepper said it was a 'no-no,' and Jamie threatened Elizabeth with divorce if she left.)

Elizabeth absolutely should have left!!

• Love 5

I also thought I heard Deonna say she wanted sex once a month?  Greg just looked dumbfounded.  I don't know if he agreed or not.

7 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

Yes, the night of his birthday party.

Oh, ok thanks.  I have a feeling she won't soon let him forget that she let him have sex on his birthday.  

• Love 2

Amber, desperation is not a good look. Where is your pride and self esteem?  Are we sure she is a middle school teacher and not IN middle school?

On a shallow note, please wax your upper lip....the stache is driving me bonkers!

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I also thought I heard Deonna say she wanted sex once a month?  Greg just looked dumbfounded.  I don't know if he agreed or not.

I was also confused but I think that convo was about him wanting a schedule and her saying let’s go with the flow. He definitely did not agree with once a month but I think he was just saying that as an example. 

• Love 5

I’m kind of tired of Deonna having to call all the shots and Greg trying to win her heart. I bet if he backed off she’d change her tune. And that sex once every other month, (was she serious?) is just another way to establish yet another wall that Greg will have to climb. 

It was news to me they had sex on his birthday. It seemed like that comment came out of left field, I was like, wait, what? 

Oh Iris, you haven’t even had sex yet and you’re acting frigid. She was born in the wrong era. I don’t see them consummating the marriage and it’s just as well so Keith can make clean break. 

She was definitely getting her back up thinking of Keith’s sexual history. I mean, it makes me jealous to a certain degree that my husband enjoyed sex with someone other than me but it wouldn’t make the walks go up. 

Keith probably should have stuck with missionary as an answer but he wasn’t wrong to be honest. She probably thinks it’s too base or dirty. 

Amber needs more emotional fortitude to deal with life and a backbone to not crawl right back to him. 

• Love 11

So are we really to believe Matt stays out all night (but the wedding ring stays in!), not just all night but come back to the apt in the afternoon? He couldn't even make it back by 9:00 am?

After a 30 second conversation all is well with Amber and she is all over him?

PS- If someone takes off their ring to go "work out" they are going to just put it on the dresser, not in a drawer!

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Soup333 said:

I just can’t believe Amber didn’t go to work over this foolishness. Baby, no. This man is not worth anyone’s PTO. 

Remember Amber makes 80K as a teacher...……..

• LOL 9
5 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

SOUP333 , what does PTO mean?

Paid/personal time off. I’m assuming Amber called off but had to use some sick time or something. Matt isn’t worth it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

No huzzband of 2 weeks worth using a day off just because you freaked yourself out.

Go in and show a Disney film to your classes while you weep quietly at your desk.

Amber’s over reaction is not healthy, it should give Matt pause to the off the charts level of Insecurity.

Matt, Take a b-ball gig far far away....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8
24 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Oh Iris, you haven’t even had sex yet and you’re acting frigid. She was born in the wrong era. I don’t see them consummating the marriage and it’s just as well so Keith can make clean break. 

She was definitely getting her back up thinking of Keith’s sexual history. I mean, it makes me jealous to a certain degree that my husband enjoyed sex with someone other than me but it wouldn’t make the walks go up. 

Keith probably should have stuck with missionary as an answer but he wasn’t wrong to be honest. She probably thinks it’s too base or dirty. 

I think Iris has some real hang-ups about sex. It’s not just about her waiting for marriage or the right relationship. She seems repulsed by sex. And it seems like she doesn’t Where are you? right to talk about it on the air. But I hope she’s talking to someone. 

And Keith is turned off by her emotional immaturity. A LOT of that is the lack of sex sex, but I think it’s bigger than that for Keith. 

Edited by topanga
  • Love 10
42 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

I was also confused but I think that convo was about him wanting a schedule and her saying let’s go with the flow. He definitely did not agree with once a month but I think he was just saying that as an example. 

I don't think he wanted a schedule. He wanted to know if it would happen again and he was asking the question to see if she  had the same appetite as him. Greg seems like he'd want to be able to have sex with his wife regularly, and she pretty much confirmed that she doesn't need it as often. At least, that's what I got out of that exchange.

Most couples become more physically affectionate after having sex and she's still giving him close mouthed kisses. I'm still rooting for them and really hoping she just doesn't want to be sexual on camera. 

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, sarkygal said:

I don't think he wanted a schedule. He wanted to know if it would happen again and he was asking the question to see if she  had the same appetite as him. Greg seems like he'd want to be able to have sex with his wife regularly, and she pretty much confirmed that she doesn't need it as often. At least, that's what I got out of that exchange.

Most couples become more physically affectionate after having sex and she's still giving him close mouthed kisses. I'm still rooting for them and really hoping she just doesn't want to be sexual on camera. 

If Deonna were into Greg, she’d want to have sex more often than every other month. She likes Greg, but I’m not sure if she likes him likes him. 

Jamie and Beth: I just can’t. He’s horny, she’s hot-tempered. They hate each other and want a divorce, then they’re in love and dedicated to their marriage. I can’t keep up. 

I did sympathize with Elizabeth when she said Jamie makes her question her own character.  I’ve been there. It’s no fun to be with someone who doesn’t seem to like who you are as a person. 

Their relationship reminds of my favorite James Ingram song: 

I did my best
But I guess, my best wasn't good enough
'Cause, here we are back where we were before
Seems nothin' ever changes
We're back to bein' strangers
Wonderin' if, we ought to stay
Or head on, out the door

Just Once...
Can we figure out, what we keep, doin' wrong
Why, we never last for very long
What are we doin' wrong?