Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E10: Judge Cuts 3

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

I got a laugh out of Elle or Gabrielle saying the Brazilian women in the tight black plastic pants "literally" set the stage on fire. I missed that part of their act, but it would have been exciting to see.

Thank you! I don't remember this line, but Gabrielle definitely said "last week you literally brought the house down!" Again, I think that would have made bigger headlines. Sorry, misuse of "literally" figuratively drives me crazy. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I got a laugh out of Elle or Gabrielle saying the Brazilian women in the tight black plastic pants "literally" set the stage on fire. I missed that part of their act, but it would have been exciting to see.

It was Gabby, and she said “you literally brought the house down!” She said that to someone else.

I was yelling at the TV, “No, because no one is DEAD!”

What a moron.

Maybe she misused “literally” twice. Literally.

• LOL 1
18 minutes ago, SG11 said:

It was Gabby, and she said “you literally brought the house down!” She said that to someone else.

My post was about the women dancers who beat drums with fire clubs. Gabrielle said the women "literally lit the stage on fire."

Here's the video. She says "literally lit the stage on fire" at 1:54.

Apologies, I said they were from Brazil in my previous post. They're from Argentina.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, SG11 said:

I will say this though... this show has taken on a bully attitude that reflects what society is like nowadays. Howie doesn’t like an act? People gang up on him. Simon doesn’t like someones voice? Not only does everyone overreact but that act has to direct their angry next act at him. And Julienne has the audacity to be not blown to the moon by the overrated singer at the end so Simon starts in on her like he used to with Mel.

Excuse me but aren’t these people JUDGES? If every person who actually judges a little is immediately bullied by the mob, then don’t have judges at all.

You've made an excellent point here!

Ironically, many of the acts use I Was Bullied as their sob story.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, saber5055 said:

The rat lady got the burn edit, all put together to make her act look stupid and hopeless. For all I know, it was rehearsal edited to look like the real performance. The rat was a different one than last time, and my guess is the producers told her to run the untrained rat through, then they filmed it like it was the real deal. The whole thing was bogus IMO. We never heard her telling the rat what to do in her last appearance but that was the focus this time. Still, I'd rather watch her train rats than have to sit through any of the "singers" on this show.

Good observation!  I .don't doubt for a minute you're right.  I'd rather watch rat lady all the day long than have to sit through another AGT S14 "singing" contender.  I'll pull up a chair at your table.  :)

• LOL 1
On 8/4/2019 at 11:19 PM, SG11 said:

Rat Lady- I’ll give her credit, stuck it out when the rat was flagging. Leading the rat the whole way with the food was less impressive. Noticed her wedding ring... how does that fit into the “living/traveling in the RV story?”

Some single women wear a wedding band to keep jerky guys away. Some women who have lost their spouse wear a wedding band in his memory. Some women wear a ring that looks like a wedding band because they like the way it looks. Some women who wear a wedding band have a husband who also lives/travels in the RV with her. Some women wear a wedding band because their husband is back home building excellent sets for the rats to use in their performances.

On 8/4/2019 at 11:19 PM, SG11 said:

this show has taken on a bully attitude that reflects what society is like nowadays. Howie doesn’t like an act? People gang up on him. Simon doesn’t like someones voice? Not only does everyone overreact but that act has to direct their angry next act at him.

I'd say the audience is prompted by the production people to boo, clap, stand, cheer, yawn, do Xs with their arms or be stone silent, whatever scenario has been scripted by the show's producer. I'd also guess that acts dissed by Simon but put through anyway are told to make their next act revolve around him because, after all, isn't AGT all about Simon?

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 1
On 8/5/2019 at 12:38 PM, saber5055 said:

I watched the rerun last night, and as it turned out, I missed a lot of the acts since my attention turned to more interesting things, like the shiny bobble on the kitchen counter ...

But what I did notice: I actually stopped wandering around and watched the guitar guy. He held my attention through his entire act, which is saying something.

The rat lady got the burn edit, all put together to make her act look stupid and hopeless. For all I know, it was rehearsal edited to look like the real performance. The rat was a different one than last time, and my guess is the producers told her to run the untrained rat through, then they filmed it like it was the real deal. The whole thing was bogus IMO. We never heard her telling the rat what to do in her last appearance but that was the focus this time. Still, I'd rather watch her train rats than have to sit through any of the "singers" on this show.

Gonzo Tambourine Man ... for someone who speaks no English and has to have a "translator" on stage with him, he sure understood the judges' comments, especially the "take off your clothes" comments. There has to be something going on that we are not aware of for him to go through.

Stephanie's Child, the three drag queens, WAY better than Gonzo. And that's saying something. That, plus I actually liked them.

Hate the opera husband/knife wife. End of that story.

I don't remember seeing the one guy with the Border collie before. I barely saw them this week.

The Light Balance kids ... ugh. At least they're not singers, that's the only plus to them. "Thanks Mom and Dad for creating everything in our act for us so we could get the Golden Buzzer."

I'm obviously in the minority in that I didn't find the Voice Guy the least bit entertaining. I looked away from the tv so I could concentrate on the voices, not his face, and that didn't work for me. He still sounded pretty much the same throughout, at least to my ears.

I don't mind Terry being in the background and not overpowering the acts (Nick) or being some flamboyant camera hog (Tyra). I think he's the best host so far. Less is more in the case of a talent-show host.

Howie's script has been edited, he doesn't get to say "There are 18 acts and only seven will go through" any more. That line has been passed around to the women. Is Howie on his way out? Meanwhile, I wish someone would tape Simon's fingers together. His obsession with putting his hand, one finger projecting out, over the side of his face is getting ... well, weird.

I too have noticed Simon constantly putting his finger on the side of his face, its annoying & distracting.  I wonder if he had injections/fillers put into his cheeks and they are bothering him?  Also, Julianne needs to stop with the hideous eyeshadows, the black racoon eyes & then pink/red...yikes.

• Love 1
On 8/5/2019 at 9:12 PM, saber5055 said:

My post was about the women dancers who beat drums with fire clubs. Gabrielle said the women "literally lit the stage on fire."

Here's the video. She says "literally lit the stage on fire" at 1:54.

Apologies, I said they were from Brazil in my previous post. They're from Argentina.

Either way, she said it AGAIN with “literally brought the house down.”

The question is, do the producers not remind her she’s not all that good at the English thing to make her look like a dope?