Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Drogo

S14.E01: First Impressions

Recommended Posts

Did anyone catch that they played the song "Me Too" when they showed Taylor's audition? Do you think they were throwing some shade at her for not knowing what the Me Too Movement was during last year's media training?

  • Like 1
  • Useful 5
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

No...there are people that check names to make sure that all paperwork has been received. Once that is confirmed, contestants proceed to one station to receive numbers. 

Can you settle the debate on the discrepancy over the total number auditioning? What was shown on screen in the stands is very clearly not over 400, where did the 250 or so missing girls go?

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/2/2019 at 11:11 PM, FLAfan said:

I’m really disappointed.

The candidates have deteriorated this year. Way too much makeup

and no one caught my eye in a good way.

Yes! I noticed a ton of clown makeup, muddy makeup and painted-on eyebrows.

Maybe it was the weather or the lighting; everything looked darker in the audition scenes. Julia for example looked so old in auditions but when they showed her interview she looked much better.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ShellyB said:

No...there are people that check names to make sure that all paperwork has been received. Once that is confirmed, contestants proceed to one station to receive numbers. 

Thanks, Shelly! That's good to know. At least for the next 364 days until it's brought up again. 😉

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

My first Impressions:

KAT - MY TOTAL GIRL CRUSH

Lily - OMG how old is she? She looks older than I'm sure she is.

Is it Meredith, the one that reminds you of Kelcey Lo - she is stunning, I just don't care to listen to her speak, like she drags out her words and its so annoying...

I think everyone has fallen in love with Kat lol. And I love her story about overcoming the racists trying to bring her down. I have even more respect for her and her shine.

Oh Lily... I like the spunk in her personally. She's not trying to sound like shes a perfect pageant girl.. but she doesn't have that fresh and clean look to her like K&J likes. I seriously think its her hair. Its too yellow and looks kinda dry. Its aging her. She's still in her 20s. I really want to see her with a more darker and richer look.

 Meredith has an old school valley girl accent...like from the 80s. I wonder if she got it from her mom? Im rooting for her to make it lol! 

Taylor T seemed a bit salty and defensive about the whole METOO blunder. She never should of brought it up. Or if she was asked, she should of owned her mistake and said she came back stronger more self aware.  Guess not.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/3/2019 at 12:16 AM, Lily80 said:

Marlena seams exactly the same as last year. Beautiful, sweet, over-eager, soft dancer without power.

Speaking of which- did marlena explain in a TH how she spent the last year? Did she find another "key management position" in college football? Did she take classes-  DCC  prep and/or from kitty?

Did the panel judges say anything ? Usually they make comments about comebacks..

Edited by sATL

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/2/2019 at 11:57 PM, Tootie said:

Yep.

2019-08-02 (131) - Copy.png

Oh my gosh, at first glance I thought you'd drawn in a stripper pole!

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Pink-n-Green said:

Oh my gosh, at first glance I thought you'd drawn in a stripper pole!

Same here ... 🙄

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Pink-n-Green said:

Oh my gosh, at first glance I thought you'd drawn in a stripper pole!

Nope. Just showing that she was falling out of her turn before that mean ol' pom-pom made her fall!

  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

Random thoughts...

So VK has never been on any dance teams, right? I’m guessing that’s why she is a flailer and can’t stay in her space very well. It’s always been about her being in the spotlight.

I am so glad they kept Tina K at home (or at least hidden)! Last year it felt like they were a package deal.

My husband and I were fixated on Kelli’s zipper. What the heck? I finally gave it a name. I call it her tickle pocket. Unzip it and tickle away! 😆😆

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post

Welcome back to everyone!  It's the show that I hate to love, and I'm SUPER late to the party because I had no idea it premiered already!  No DVR this year to automatically record, and since I ditched cable I'm stuck with the sloooooow-loading iTunes.  Luckily, cmt.com helped a girl out!

I'm with everyone - the new intro is terrible.  The instrumentals are fine, but as soon as the gal opens her mouth to sing, it's like fingernails on a chalkboard.

The mystery of the numbers continues.  I noticed lots of chunks of 25 missing and was thinking that maybe those are the candidates they bring in for the sole purpose of showing how terrible they are?  Total speculation, but it does strike me as strange to have that exact number missing more often than not.  I doubt that it's completely coincidental.  And now it's the "Dream Board?"  Ugh.

I'm not a fan of any of the returning TCCs from last year.  Maybe Kristin (a little), but I didn't really see a lot of improvement in her.  It's a snoozer with no one to root for.  Malena is the worst of them all.

LOVE Charm!!!!  What a fresh addition to a very stale panel!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, VintageJ said:

I SO feel for you!  My husband used to do the exact same thing.  I headed him off at the pass because I told him that at 9, I would be watching.  Plus, he saw me watching the previous season marathons.  

He used to wait, I think, for 8 o’clock when ANTM or Project Runway would come on and then would decide he wanted to conversate.  But he’s much better trained for DCC.

Back in ye olden days, I had everyone I knew trained not to bother me on Tuesday nights when Buffy was on. If the phone rang, I wouldn't even bother to answer it. The best was when one of my friends called and left me a message: "Hi, I was just calling because...wait, it's Tuesday night. Sorry, I just remembered so I'll call you back after Buffy."

Maybe y'all need to try sitting down and starting a conversation just as an important sports ball event is about to begin so they understand what it feels like!

16 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

I thought that as well! I could hear the announcer in my head, "That's a BIG step out. Sadly for her that will be a deduction of....."

Plus the second deduction for putting her hands down!

13 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

I wish they would get rid of the segment with the bad girls that are just on there and don't have a legitimate shot.   Stop offering them a gift certificate at the mall to show up or whatever other crazy rumors I've heard. To CMT credit they scanned a larger girl (like myself) on the screen when they were getting in their seats but never focused on her or singled her out.  My guess is she was a bigger girl that could dance, and I find that inspiring. 🙂

On my high school dance team, we had three different girls who had bigger bodies but danced just as well as everyone else so I always find it a little insulting when the editors put the girls who are more than 98 pounds in the bad dancer montage. You can have more than 8% body fat and still be a talented dancer.

4 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

My husband and I were fixated on Kelli’s zipper. What the heck? I finally gave it a name. I call it her tickle pocket. Unzip it and tickle away! 😆😆

Ha, this made me laugh so much!

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/5/2019 at 10:01 AM, Tulip86 said:

Not that I know 😞 

The first episode is on usenet since yesterday. pick it up there before it's taken down 😎

CMT.COM always redirects to their youtube channel for me too. Utterly useless.

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, Loodicrus said:

The first episode is on usenet since yesterday. pick it up there before it's taken down 😎

CMT.COM always redirects to their youtube channel for me too. Utterly useless.

if you're connected thru a vpn, you have to disconnect from that to see the cmt website

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, viccib said:

if you're connected thru a vpn, you have to disconnect from that to see the cmt website

I'm in Europe, and not connected through VPN. If I were connected to a USA based VPN I undoubtedly could connect to cmt.com. I guess CMT doesn't like people outside the USA. 😪

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Loodicrus said:

I'm in Europe, and not connected through VPN. If I were connected to a USA based VPN I undoubtedly could connect to cmt.com. I guess CMT doesn't like people outside the USA. 😪

must be different rules then cause I watched the first episode on the website and I live in Australia. very weird....good luck with finding a way to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, viccib said:

must be different rules then cause I watched the first episode on the website and I live in Australia. very weird....good luck with finding a way to watch.

Weird indeed. You would think rules would be the same for all foreign countries. Apparently there are more considerations we don't know of. 

As long as it gets posted on usenet, I'm fine 🙂

DCC is broadcast on Dutch tv by SpikeTv.nl, and they just announced S13 is coming to the Netherlands on Aug 12th (whoopie - in Kitty's voice). S14 will be at least a year away 😱

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, viccib said:

must be different rules then cause I watched the first episode on the website and I live in Australia. very weird....good luck with finding a way to watch.

I think it has to do with syndication rights. The show airs in my country (the Netherlands) just months later so I don't really want to wait for that 😉

1 minute ago, Loodicrus said:

Weird indeed. You would think rules would be the same for all foreign countries. Apparently there are more considerations we don't know of. 

As long as it gets posted on usenet, I'm fine 🙂

DCC is broadcast on Dutch tv by SpikeTv.nl, and they just announced S13 is coming to the Netherlands on Aug 12th (whoopie - in Kitty's voice). S14 will be at least a year away 😱

Haha yes.. that! I was able to watch it on the CMT website through a friend's VPN connection but would prefer to just purchase on Amazon. Unfortunately the show is not on Amazon Germany, which is what I'm redirected to. Well... hopefully streams will pop up anyway!

Edited by Tulip86

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Jessie S said:

Oh Lily... I like the spunk in her personally. She's not trying to sound like shes a perfect pageant girl.. but she doesn't have that fresh and clean look to her like K&J likes. I seriously think its her hair. Its too yellow and looks kinda dry. Its aging her. She's still in her 20s. I really want to see her with a more darker and richer look.

I think once she teases it she has dry or errant strands.  A trick I was taught by an ex model years ago (in her 60s with her grandkids) waiting in line for the good Santa on the Mag Mile in Chicago with my kids, was to rub a little lotion in your hands and then lightly smooth your hands over the errant stands.  It gets them under control and gives them a little shine.  Send Lily that trick, no charge.   I am cheering for her this year based on her side eye alone!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Jessie S said:

Taylor T seemed a bit salty and defensive about the whole METOO blunder. She never should of brought it up. Or if she was asked, she should of owned her mistake and said she came back stronger more self aware.  Guess not.  

She should have ripped off the bandaid like 50 yard Kelsey and say, learned from my mistake, studied and have grown from it.  No one buys that Taylor T really was informed. I'm all for second chances, but be honest!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

She should have ripped off the bandaid like 50 yard Kelsey and say, learned from my mistake, studied and have grown from it.  No one buys that Taylor T really was informed. I'm all for second chances, but be honest!

talking about 50 yard Kelsey.. I found it hilarious that another incorrect answer was whispered as being the correct one. I clearly heard '100', but it should of course be 120 yards, unless you only want field goals and no touch-downs 😂

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

It's clear I'm going to have to rewatch this episode, because I missed so much detail! I did love Kat, but I also love Gina and Amanda. I wish Meredith would speak a little differently; I love her look and her dancing, but when she starts to talk, I just cringe. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Loodicrus said:

talking about 50 yard Kelsey.. I found it hilarious that another incorrect answer was whispered as being the correct one. I clearly heard '100', but it should of course be 120 yards, unless you only want field goals and no touch-downs 😂

I always wondered if that 50 yard response was simply a hot seat moment and she just pictured a football field with a big 50.    Then spiraled further. 

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Loodicrus said:

The first episode is on usenet since yesterday. pick it up there before it's taken down 😎

CMT.COM always redirects to their youtube channel for me too. Utterly useless.

14 hours ago, viccib said:

if you're connected thru a vpn, you have to disconnect from that to see the cmt website

14 hours ago, Loodicrus said:

I'm in Europe, and not connected through VPN. If I were connected to a USA based VPN I undoubtedly could connect to cmt.com. I guess CMT doesn't like people outside the USA. 😪

14 hours ago, viccib said:

must be different rules then cause I watched the first episode on the website and I live in Australia. very weird....good luck with finding a way to watch.

14 hours ago, Loodicrus said:

Weird indeed. You would think rules would be the same for all foreign countries. Apparently there are more considerations we don't know of. 

As long as it gets posted on usenet, I'm fine 🙂

DCC is broadcast on Dutch tv by SpikeTv.nl, and they just announced S13 is coming to the Netherlands on Aug 12th (whoopie - in Kitty's voice). S14 will be at least a year away 😱

14 hours ago, Tulip86 said:

I think it has to do with syndication rights. The show airs in my country (the Netherlands) just months later so I don't really want to wait for that 😉

Haha yes.. that! I was able to watch it on the CMT website through a friend's VPN connection but would prefer to just purchase on Amazon. Unfortunately the show is not on Amazon Germany, which is what I'm redirected to. Well... hopefully streams will pop up anyway!

Sorry for so many quoted posts.  The first episode works fine at this link (USA)

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/5/2019 at 10:09 PM, ATLGirl said:

My husband and I were fixated on Kelli’s zipper. What the heck? I finally gave it a name. I call it her tickle pocket. Unzip it and tickle away! 😆😆

Hahahaha HER TICKLE POCKET!😂  I’m literally laughing so loud right now. 

“Here’s who I need to see in my tickle dungeon.”

On 8/5/2019 at 5:08 PM, NotthebadVictoria said:

Can you settle the debate on the discrepancy over the total number auditioning? What was shown on screen in the stands is very clearly not over 400, where did the 250 or so missing girls go?

There is zero chance she will address that. 

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, ThreaLevelMidnight said:

There is zero chance she will address that. 

I figured as much, and that just means it’s a blatant lie and they have nothing to pretend to back it up with. I was testing a theory there and she didn’t acknowledge me all which I fully expected.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

For those that rely on iTunes, the first episode is FINALLY up! 😬😬😬

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Pinknblue said:

For those that rely on iTunes, the first episode is FINALLY up! 😬😬😬

I called Apple out on not having it up when Amazon did within 24-48 hours and Apple blamed it on not getting it from the network and told me that I would have to contact CMT if the show remained unavailable.  I seem to remember that someone posted that it was in the contracts that Apple had with the production companies/television stations that they had to provide the content to Apple within a certain period of time.  If that's the case, it would likely be contractually enforceable for Apple to do something about it and not try to pawn it off on the viewers to complain to CMT about not providing the episode.  Besides, why would CMT provide the episode to Amazon and NOT Apple within 24-28 hours and wait until 5 days later to send it to Apple?  Sorry, back to the episode discussion. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, DAthene said:

I always wondered if that 50 yard response was simply a hot seat moment and she just pictured a football field with a big 50.    Then spiraled further. 

With the caveat that I think some of these girls are dumb as a bag of hammers, I always thought it was silly how much flack Kelsey got for that answer. Clearly she was just thinking of the 50 yard line, because that's as high as the numbers go. There was another girl who was asked to name a current event, ANY current event, and couldn't, the one who couldn't name a book because "... I don't read much," and Taylor T, who apparently thinks Instagram is a legitimate news source. 50-yard-line Kelsey isn't even Top 10 of the dumbest interview gaffes we've seen on this show, IMO.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

With the caveat that I think some of these girls are dumb as a bag of hammers, I always thought it was silly how much flack Kelsey got for that answer. Clearly she was just thinking of the 50 yard line, because that's as high as the numbers go. There was another girl who was asked to name a current event, ANY current event, and couldn't, the one who couldn't name a book because "... I don't read much," and Taylor T, who apparently thinks Instagram is a legitimate news source. 50-yard-line Kelsey isn't even Top 10 of the dumbest interview gaffes we've seen on this show, IMO.

Didn't Kelsey mess up the interview the 2nd time as well? I just don't recall what the question was. She did nail it the 3rd time and make the team.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Loodicrus said:

Thanks for quoting that many posts, but as mentioned, that link does not work in Europe. 

It just redirects to CMT's YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/cmtvideo/)

I have no doubt it will work just fine in the USA.

Sorry about it not working.  Good luck finding something that DOES work 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Didn't Kelsey mess up the interview the 2nd time as well? I just don't recall what the question was. She did nail it the 3rd time and make the team.

The question was who the Cowboys General Manager was.. she had no clue, with Charlotte in the panel 😂

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

that just means it’s a blatant lie

just like the team is comprised of world class dancers.... if you can't complete a turn or "hop" - that's not world class. It's not DCC "style" - it's a "look." Talent be damned - we'll work with you if you fit the uniform or in VK's case, even if you don't.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I really enjoyed Charm on this episode. I danced in my teens and was a cheerleader, but devoted myself to horses as a hobby and career. Therefore, I don't know a lot of movers and shakers in the dance world and had not heard of Charm before.

I hope she can do some more work with the DCC in future episodes. Nice to have a knowledgeable judge who seems to be quite fair and pleasant.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Is Malena the girl who had the embarrassing scene in Kelli's office last season?  (I don't have CMT any more so I can't see what she looks like)

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Pink-n-Green said:

Is Malena the girl who had the embarrassing scene in Kelli's office last season?  (I don't have CMT any more so I can't see what she looks like)

If you mean the major melt down, then yes.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, go4luca said:

If you mean the major melt down, then yes.

Wow! That's pretty gutsy of her.  Does anyone think the melt down will hurt her chances of being chosen?

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/7/2019 at 12:12 PM, Loodicrus said:

The question was who the Cowboys General Manager was.. she had no clue, with Charlotte in the panel 😂

I think she was thinking Manager as in Jason Garrett ... If they had said owner she would have said Jones.... felt bad for her

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/5/2019 at 12:03 AM, kevinrm45 said:

Here's another cap from the episode. If there is anyone around who's good with photoshopping, you know what to do...

vlcsnap-2019-08-04-08h36m48s570.jpg

Was this in episode 1? I don't remember this. Are these the girls from Dance Group for this season?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, seasick said:

Was this in episode 1? I don't remember this. Are these the girls from Dance Group for this season?

This is from previews of upcoming episodes, which means technically it is a spoiler.

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/7/2019 at 11:08 AM, rafibomb said:

With the caveat that I think some of these girls are dumb as a bag of hammers, I always thought it was silly how much flack Kelsey got for that answer. Clearly she was just thinking of the 50 yard line, because that's as high as the numbers go. There was another girl who was asked to name a current event, ANY current event, and couldn't, the one who couldn't name a book because "... I don't read much," and Taylor T, who apparently thinks Instagram is a legitimate news source. 50-yard-line Kelsey isn't even Top 10 of the dumbest interview gaffes we've seen on this show, IMO.

Yes a thousand times on this. They could stare blankly and drool, but if Kelly wants them for beauty or dance they're in.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

This is from previews of upcoming episodes, which means technically it is a spoiler.

That's great. I just don't understand putting in all these spoilers when there are 3 EPISODES DEVOTED TO AUDITIONS. 

I know there's a whole group in the spoiler thread who doesn't care about the show  and know every detail from the day it happens in real time. I just don't see the point of calling it making the team and dragging out audition episodes if they don't give a rat's ass who knows ahead of time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

Network promos and previews are not spoilers.

Wouldn't telling them if the girls pictured were show group or not be a spoiler since it hasn't been featured in an episode yet?

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Wouldn't telling her if the girls pictured were show group or not be a spoiler since it hasn't been featured in an episode yet?

Yes, that is a spoiler. I thought you all were just talking about the picture itself.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, kariyaki said:

Yes, that is a spoiler. I thought you all were just talking about the picture itself.

Sorry, I should have been more clear in my answer.  Thank you!!

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/5/2019 at 4:38 PM, Sybil said:

Rachel W. Is my fave. Her look is stunning and I think she made calendar cover as a rookie.

Victoria is annoying and unattractive. Melina needs to get on the bus with a one way ticket home and not sure WHY Dayton didn't come back but good riddance to a crybaby!!!

Now don't quote me on this but I saw somewhere that Dayton had gotten a job performing on a cruise ship which is why she won't be back in the near future. 

Well y'all I literally rewatched the episode so I can join in -

- I hate to pile on about the theme song but it literally sounds like Kidz bop.

- I want Phil to be my granddad.

- On the fence about Meredith's new hair. I think it rides that fine line between being just right and too harsh.

- Again hate to pile on but I love Charm - she's sweet and you can tell she cares a lot.

- I love Judy's light blue dress.

- I feel like there's less people from Texas then usual.

- I don't know if it's her eye makeup or what but Lily looks incredibly tired.

- I have to admire Taylor's Chutzpah. After the media day she had last year I'm surprised she'd even want to step foot in Texas much less audition again.

- Kristin is boring to me. I hope if she makes it to training camp again we get some more personality because as of right now she's as plain as a ritz cracker.

- Malena breaks my heart because as badly as I want her to make the team she's just not at that level. Also I didn't like her outfit - I'd love to see her in a bright color maybe a turquoise.

- Victoria looks AMAZING but if she wants to make the team she needs to grow up a bit.

-  If Kat doesn't make it I will riot.

- Katy is really pretty but I kind of hope she doesn't get into training camp because I could see them asking her to lose weight and I like her body the way it is.

- Keyna deserved to go through but I guess it was more symbolic for her.

- Gina-Marie reminds me of Briana from 2017.

- I wish the girl who mentioned not having her first boyfriend yet had not done that.

- I'm glad they edited the clown montage down a bit and didn't use the bumbly kiss of death music this year. It's an awkward segment so if they're not going to cut it entirely then I'm ok with it being shortened .

- There's something off about Amanda.

- Lily looked like she wanted to murder Kristin and Victoria when they were talking.

- I will be PISSED if they change Madeline's hair in training camp.

- This is random but how annoying must be to write on the whiteboard if it's the same whiteboard they have used for years? I brought one a few months ago and it's already rough.

Overall I'm excited to see how this season is going to go down!

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, seasick said:

That's great. I just don't understand putting in all these spoilers when there are 3 EPISODES DEVOTED TO AUDITIONS. 

I know there's a whole group in the spoiler thread who doesn't care about the show  and know every detail from the day it happens in real time. I just don't see the point of calling it making the team and dragging out audition episodes if they don't give a rat's ass who knows ahead of time.

The first episode previews of the second episode shows some of  the girls in pink...CMT is doing a fine job of releasing spoilers for those that don't want them. (I don't happen to be one of those...I'm all about knowing as much as I can). 

Share this post


Link to post
kariyaki

NO SPOILERS HERE.  Click HERE to read the rules before posting.

Clairvoyant comments about who makes show group, point and the final team do not belong here.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...