Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E01: First Impressions

Drogo
Message added by Bort

NO SPOILERS HERE.  Click HERE to read the rules before posting.

Clairvoyant comments about who makes show group, point and the final team do not belong here.

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, Stee said:

What is that "dance studio" room where Kat is dancing in her intro package?  I feel like they show that room every season... I think Milan also danced in that room.

I noticed that too! I only remember it from Milan's season, but it was memorable. I legit thought it was her dance room in her Los Gatos mansion. 

I don't remember them showing that much footage of training camp before. That was for this season, right? So now it's obvious that Meredith and Gina Marie make it to training camp. Way to spoil it guys! 

Kat is beautiful, but I don't like the two toned hair. I'm sure they will adjust that. 

Amanda is also beautiful, but I think she's too boho or natural to have the DCC look. Maybe it's the eye make up.

Julia looks old.

The 41 year old looked awesome, but never had a shot past Kelly! 

Which one cheered at UCLA with Daphne?

• Love 1

First of all, YAY! I'm so glad this show is back!

I hate the new theme song though. It sounds like a shitty jingle you'd hear for a local business on the radio.

I don't follow any DCC-related stuff online between seasons of MTT so often when the new season starts, I don't remember the names of all the vets or the girls who have returned to audition again, but as soon as I saw Victoria, I groaned. I also rolled my eyes when Kelli said that she's toned up. While she may be more toned than she was last year, she's still bigger than 99% of the other girls there. And OF COURSE once again she (1) fell out of her  turns and (2) was all over the dance floor. It's like the hot tub time machine took me back to 2018. If anyone else had accidentally stepped on the precious DCC poms while almost face planting, Kelli would have put on her usual bitch face and cut them. But since it's Victoria, Kelli just laughed and said, "Only Victoria!" like she was an adorable puppy who had just chewed on her favorite shoe.

It's always interesting to see which of the cut girls who come back get an intro. I love when the producers give us some flashbacks to remind us of what they did the previous year. Yowza, Melina. Madi really needs to point her feet, especially if she's going to wear white shoes to audition.

The editors get an A+ for the montage of various auditioners saying that they danced with the Dallas Mavericks.

I guess I'm supposed to think Amanda is SO BRAVE for moving to LA when she was 18, but based on the studio her parents built for her, I'm pretty sure that they were paying for her rent, food, and other expenses so all she had to do was go to auditions which isn't exactly a huge risk. I moved to LA when I was 18 and I didn't know anyone there either. Lots of 18 year olds move somewhere new where they don't know anyone. It's called being a freshman in college. It's really not that courageous.

Oh, lord. The girls who use the whole "Jesus has a plan for me" and "everything happens for a reason" drive me crazy. When Julia said that, all I could think was yes, the reason you got cut before training camp two years ago was because you weren't a good enough dancer. Her humble brag about being a "traffic anchor" in THE NUMBER FIVE MARKET IN AMERICA just made me shake my head. Based on her dance demo in her apartment, she still isn't strong enough to make the team.

As much as I love Keyna's story about coming back to audition when she's 41, I knew Kelli would cut her just for saying "Dallas Cowboy[no S] Cheerleaders." GIRL. I could tell by the dancing she did in her intro that she was not a strong enough dancer but it was even more apparent during her freestyle for the judges. Her face and body look great for 41 but her dancing is not good. If not for her story, I'm guessing that she would have been included in the bad dancers montage.

18 year old Gina was driving me crazy wit hher feet in her introd package. She's been dancing since she was 3 but she never learned to point her toes? It was even more obvious when she was doing kicks.

Chandi wasn't interesting to me in her talking heads but she caught my eye whenever she was dancing, even when she was just in a montage.

I laughed so hard when Judy was talking shit about legacy Madeline. Not a word of criticism for Victoria but Madeline has soft kicks.

Kat definitely had presence when dancing. I wasn't as impressed with her initially because she really showed her age with her "I'm so excited! You don't even know!" at the beginning of the episode. I hope she tones down her eyebrows though.

Oh, Kelli. Every year she insists on exaggerating the number of girls who auditioned. 400? Um, we have eyes and pause buttons. There were about 150 girls in the stadium for the pre-audition talk (7 full rows and part of the 8th row, and the front row had 16 seats) and there were 7-8 rows of 10 chairs on the left and right side of the audition floor. There's no way you will ever convince me that you defied the laws of physics and managed to fit 400 girls into 150 seats.

9 hours ago, VintageJ said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t remember hearing about the famous system Kelli devised for judging the girls!  I can’t believe it!

How will the audience ever comprehend their complex judging system of yes/no/maybe without Kelli explaining it to us again? Thank goodness she took the time to explain the board and how it works and what a tradition it is to write numbers on a large surface or we would have been so confused.

• LOL 9
  • Love 15
10 hours ago, StarWarner said:

I just realized where I recognized Amanda from...she was a model on the makeup competition show, Face Off. She's one of my favorite models they ever had on that show. 

OMG — you’re right! Can we get Glenn, Ve, and Neville to judge this show too? 

Love Kat. Malena — oh, Malena.  I wish the Cowboys organization could find a position for her, just not as a cheerleader. She knows football, and she has a remarkable amount of poise (last year’s cut notwithstanding.)

Victoria. There are no words. (Well, yeah, there are plenty of words, but I’m determined to be positive.)

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, VintageJ said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t remember hearing about the famous system Kelli devised for judging the girls!  I can’t believe it!

Love Kat!  Love Charm!  

LOL I know right. And someone explain to me what to do if you dont like the girl?   Freakin Duh

Nothing has changed much about my impressions from the returning ladies. Kelli is still giving VK a fast pass to the uniform. 

Love Kat but now that someone said she reminded them of Kaylssa , I can't unsee it, ha! Still Loving on Kat even though she did the Tata shake and come hither look. 

Edited by ElenaFR
  • Love 7

I didn't mind the yes, no, maybe!  Kelli explained everything in the begining,, like the overall process and I don't remember her doing that before.  I assume that is for new viewers.  I am undecided whether I like this new approach or not.  Just different, I guess.

40 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Victoria's supposed to be a very good lyrical dancer who is taking classes at supposedly one of the best dance schools in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.  Shelly has even said that Victoria has taken/ is taking ballet classes for technique.  Could've fooled me with that information.  Victoria doesn't look like she's learned ANYTHING from her classes about form, lines, etc..  From what I understand of dance classes, technique is supposed to be the stuff that, if properly taught and practiced, becomes so ingrained that you don't have to think about it.  It just is, part of your muscle memory.  The dancer shouldn't have to think "if I do this move, my leg goes here, my arms go here, my head is at this angle, shoulders back, back straight, stomach sucked in, butt tucked in, etc.", the body does it as soon as the mind thinks it.  It also shows how much work a girl has put in to master the moves.  The more work a girl puts in, usually the better she dances and the less risk of injury, to herself or others. 

The fact that Victoria flubbed the turns so badly when it should be second nature by now shows me that she's not properly trained AND that she hasn't put in the work to perfect what she's supposed to be so expert at.  I get that a lot of dancers get nervous, but that's what practice is supposed to do, get it in your body so if your mind goes blank, the body knows what to do.  

Exactly. Muscle memory!

• Love 4

I know I have the unpopular opinion here but I actually think Victoria looked like a different person from last year. Her figure looked great and I think she spoke in a much more mature way. Besides falling out of balance then slipping on pom her kicks are great and dancing good.  Im rooting for her!  I hate to say this but I think Taylor T looked worse this year.  like not as fresh and a little goofy lol. I too would love to see more solos but since I know that will never happen I am still of the opinion that I prefer the way they did the auditions in season 7 where all 3 rounds were in the first episode and it was a long like 2 hour episode because the way it is now we have to wait literally a month before we see them on their first night in TC.  I dont understand why they dont start in April like they did a long time ago and the squad was picked before the pre season games began.

• Love 7

This is the actual thumbnail that is being used for Episode 1 on CMT.com:

EP_Dallas_Cowboys_Cheerleaders_Making_The_Team_1401_First_Impressionsa98f4861_f858_48c1_8b3a_28841165469c.thumb.jpg.d0ee0c8240ddd3641a5ae5d0956d982d.jpg

...but there's no nepotism or favoritism and they are most certainly not trying to push a VK narrative onto the viewers.

• LOL 15
  • Love 5

I can't pinpoint why but I can't stand Melissa Rycroft (which I know goes against popular opinion).  She reminds me of popular high school girls who act like they're your friend but behind your back are saying,"Can you believe she's wearing that?"

Mr. Angeltoes doesn't like Judy because she's "mean."

Kelli has definately lost weight.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

The new intro music doesn’t bother me as much as the overall look of the intro. They have shots of the legs & ones of blurred or foggy videos.  I am not in favor of the lack of “clarity” of the girls but I guess it can last longer as we can’t identify the girls or the year.

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

LOL I know right. And someone explain to me what to do if you dont like the girl?   Freakin Duh

Well, if she's not a blonde named Victoria (no. 301 on your sheet this year) there's that middle column marked "NO" -- just make a big "X" in it . . . (And for everyone's convenience, Victoria's "YES" column has already been marked for you . . .) 😎

• LOL 12
  • Love 1

Many of you have mentioned Kelly's weight loss......is it that or reductive surgery?  I didn't see as much of a weight loss in the rest of her body.  Maybe her neck or lower back finally gave out from holding up the girls?  She looked good.

1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I guess I'm supposed to think Amanda is SO BRAVE for moving to LA when she was 18, but based on the studio her parents built for her, I'm pretty sure that they were paying for her rent, food, and other expenses so all she had to do was go to auditions which isn't exactly a huge risk. I moved to LA when I was 18 and I didn't know anyone there either. Lots of 18 year olds move somewhere new where they don't know anyone. It's called being a freshman in college. It's really not that courageous.

Amanda was the one from NJ, correct?  I thought, "why didn't she move to NYC, she would have been closer to home."

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

Victoria's supposed to be a very good lyrical dancer who is taking classes at supposedly one of the best dance schools in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.  Shelly has even said that Victoria has taken/ is taking ballet classes for technique.  Could've fooled me with that information.  Victoria doesn't look like she's learned ANYTHING from her classes about form, lines, etc..  From what I understand of dance classes, technique is supposed to be the stuff that, if properly taught and practiced, becomes so ingrained that you don't have to think about it.  It just is, part of your muscle memory.  The dancer shouldn't have to think "if I do this move, my leg goes here, my arms go here, my head is at this angle, shoulders back, back straight, stomach sucked in, butt tucked in, etc.", the body does it as soon as the mind thinks it.  It also shows how much work a girl has put in to master the moves.  The more work a girl puts in, usually the better she dances and the less risk of injury, to herself or others. 

The fact that Victoria flubbed the turns so badly when it should be second nature by now shows me that she's not properly trained AND that she hasn't put in the work to perfect what she's supposed to be so expert at.  I get that a lot of dancers get nervous, but that's what practice is supposed to do, get it in your body so if your mind goes blank, the body knows what to do.  

She will only take classes from those who tell her how amazing she is. When they’re tough and actually try to teach her, she finds another studio. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

@ShellyB you're up because I have no clue if opting out of the MTT release is an option. 

They don’t have to sign it, but it is preferred. In all the years, I can only remember one that didn’t want to sign it. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Pj3422 said:

OMG — you’re right! Can we get Glenn, Ve, and Neville to judge this show too? 

Love Kat. Malena — oh, Malena.  I wish the Cowboys organization could find a position for her, just not as a cheerleader. She knows football, and she has a remarkable amount of poise (last year’s cut notwithstanding.)

Victoria. There are no words. (Well, yeah, there are plenty of words, but I’m determined to be positive.)

She was one of my favorite models on Face Off also.  Here she is as Avalanche Fairy.

8DE9B8AF-F32B-4C8A-8DE6-6C7C527128C7.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

Glaring favorite, of course.  But I honestly don't think it would be enough to knock someone out of semis if the rest of their dancing was strong.  

My point is she still hasn't fixed falling out of turns.  One year later.  After several years of training.  No bueno.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, go4luca said:

My point is she still hasn't fixed falling out of turns.  One year later.  After several years of training.  No bueno.

And TPTB still seem to be fawning over her and "oohing and aahing" instead of noting that it might be a problem in the future.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

The editors get an A+ for the montage of various auditioners saying that they danced with the Dallas Mavericks.

Do any of our board experts know how many former Mavs dancers auditioned this year?  With the dwindling auditionee numbers, this made me curious how low the count would have been if the Mavs dancers hadn't disbanded.  Not saying it would have been a huge difference - just curious since we know overall "over 400 ladies" did not show up.

(oh and welcome back @ElectricBoogaloo 😊)

Edited by go4luca
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Oh, lord. The girls who use the whole "Jesus has a plan for me" and "everything happens for a reason" drive me crazy. When Julia said that, all I could think was yes, the reason you got cut before training camp two years ago was because you weren't a good enough dancer. 

YES. My pet peeve. Every time they say "Everything happens for a reason," I think, "Tell me that again in 30 years or so."

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Do any of our board experts know how many former Mavs dancers auditioned this year?  With the dwindling auditionee numbers, this made me curious how low the count would have been if the Mavs dancers hadn't disbanded.  Not saying it would have been a huge difference - just curious since we know overall "over 400 ladies" did not show up.

(oh and welcome back @ElectricBoogaloo 😊)

It just means they have some nice quality experienced dancers to select from this year!  Too bad there are few spots this season. 😞

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

The last number on the board was in the 320s, so at least that many showed...smaller than last season with over 400...

Or the numbers they assign aren't consecutive.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

The last number on the board was in the 320s, so at least that many showed...smaller than last season with over 400...

Some savy person previous seasons proved they skip numbers to make it seem bigger.  They normally show them outside in the roped off queue... I think they showed them more in a foyer this time?  I wonder if the dwindling numbers made them change the approach this year.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

It just means they have some nice quality experienced dancers to select from this year!  Too bad there are few spots this season. 😞

I'm more interested in hearing how many former Mavs dancers there were so we get a clearer number of how many less audtionees it would have been.  I wasn't that impressed with some of the Mavs dancers.  Ashley H. being one.  WAY too bleach fake looking for me, plus bottom heavy and didn't think she was that great of a dancer. 🤷‍♀️

UPDATE:  Someone in the know let me know off board that 9 Mav's dancers auditioned.  Many thanks!

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

Some savy person previous seasons proved they skip numbers to make it seem bigger.  They normally show them outside in the roped off queue... I think they showed them more in a foyer this time?  I wonder if the dwindling numbers made them change the approach this year.

Phil said the weather was bad....

• Useful 2

All arguments against Melissa R are valid, a more talented, powerhouse retired DCC should have her spot.  She was middle of the road as far as DCC goes.  That said, I have always liked her!  She got the spot on MTT because of winning So You Think You Can Dance, Dancing with the Stars but I just like her positive personality.  I like that she is positive and smiley, and supports strugglers.  IMO, When there is too much snark she is a nice place to land. 🙂

Edited by Mardo2044
wrong show
  • Love 7
35 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I'm more interested in hearing how many former Mavs dancers there were so we get a clearer number of how many less audtionees it would have been.  I wasn't that impressed with some of the Mavs dancers.  Ashley H. being one.  WAY too bleach fake looking for me, plus bottom heavy and didn't think she was that great of a dancer. 🤷‍♀️

UPDATE:  Someone in the know let me know off board that 9 Mav's dancers auditioned.  Many thanks!

If you decide to crunch some numbers, do let us know!  I would be interested... I'm guessing around 150 based on nothing but the air we breathe. 🙂

I wonder if Kelli will hold against any of them if they have never tried out for DCC.  My guess is she would prefer the ones that have tried out, failed, and THEN went to the Mavs rather than the dancers who selected the Mavs audition over DCC in the past.  Just guessing though.

Edited by Mardo2044
forgot to ask
10 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

All arguments against Melissa R are valid, a more talented, powerhouse retired DCC should have her spot.  She was middle of the road as far as DCC goes.  That said, I have always liked her!  She got the spot on MTT because of winning So You Think You Can Dance, but I just like her positive personality.  I like that she is positive and smiley, and supports strugglers.  IMO, When there is too much snark she is a nice place to land. 🙂

I think it was Dancing With the Stars.

Is just me, or has Melissa been botox'd?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

I think it was Dancing With the Stars.

Is just me, or has Melissa been botox'd?

You are correct, thanks! I think she looks good, there was a phase when she did not care too much about her appearance on the show.  Not sure about botox... try to make her laugh!

2 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

is that guy choreographer for Pink going to do anything this year?  I liked him, but seems like they mentioned others this year.

Are you thinking of Nick Florez?  If so, I don't think it's been mentioned he will be on this year.  So far they've mentioned Charm La'Donna, Tyce and Travis Wall.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Angeltoes said:

I can't pinpoint why but I can't stand Melissa Rycroft (which I know goes against popular opinion).  She reminds me of popular high school girls who act like they're your friend but behind your back are saying,"Can you believe she's wearing that?"

Mr. Angeltoes doesn't like Judy because she's "mean."

Kelli has definately lost weight.

I can’t stand Melissa either and I can’t pin point why.  But I think you have it right,  she is just totally fake.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

She will only take classes from those who tell her how amazing she is. When they’re tough and actually try to teach her, she finds another studio. 

Not surprised at this.  Most dancers I know or have seen are some of the hardest working, most dedicated, and mature people I've ever met.  One dancer said she loved how challenging [dance] is because the improvement she saw in her dancing was directly proportional to the effort she put in; that "you decide how hard you work and you decide how much better you get.  It's all on you."  She also loved that independence and how satisfying it was to know that she worked hard to improve, that little things added up to get what she was working toward. 

I have not seen that type of growth or independence with Victoria which is another thing to support the switching studios when critiqued or in a tough class.  A good dancer will take the criticisms that the teacher gives her and work to improve on them.  A smart dancer will take the criticisms the teacher gives the other students and see how she could use them to make her own dancing better.  I don't see Victoria as being either a good dancer or a smart one.  There's no sense that she engaged in any type of honest self-reflection during the year she was gone. 

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 15

So annoyed at the spoilers in the opening segment. Why bother with the best part of the damn show- the auditions and the anticipation of who will make it. Idiot editors.

I don't follow social media on this but wondering why Dayton is not there. I hope they mention it somewhere down the line.

I adore Marshall I think he's very sweet and funny and kind, but for god sakes can he make himself look any grungier and uglier??

Victoria definitely looks slimmer for auditions than she did last year but I do believe she gained over 10 lbs in 3 weeks last time. Her style of flailing around hasn't changed and you would think it would with classical training. I recall last year one of the judges pointing out that she was wild and all over the place.Charlotte said noooo I COMPLETELY disagree yet that was most of her notes other than weight. When you are able to gain that much weight that quickly despite all that cardio I'll be curious to see if she can maintain this year.

the whole wedding segment?: so what was the point of wasting time on that? Oh okay . Not only will you become a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader but you'll get married and be able to "find" Bridesmaids. So yeah if you haven't made any close friends up to this point in your life it's a good place to search. We have a calendar for that purpose and the girls' names under their picture by their locker. I recall someone saying that about Cassie for her wedding that the calendar shoot is where she "found" her bridesmaids. It doesn't speak too well for any sense of Sisterhood there.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

The new song is hideous!

Agree with those that wish they would cut down the prelims episode.  The inevitable laugh riot of the don’t-have-a-chance-in-hell dancers is stale.

Speaking of stale I wish they would freshen up the judges panel.  Neal McCoy can go now thanks.  I liked that they incorporated Charm into a lot of judging scenes - she knows dance.  Was it weird that Charlotte wasn’t around this ep?

i like Lily she has a little sarcastic edge.  

“Only Victoria!” Indeed   

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Pj3422 said:

I just realized where I recognized Amanda from...she was a model on the makeup competition show, Face Off. She's one of my favorite models they ever had on that show

I’m so glad you said that!  I knew she looked familiar.  I LOVE Face Off.

2 hours ago, go4luca said:

Are you thinking of Nick Florez?  If so, I don't think it's been mentioned he will be on this year.  So far they've mentioned Charm La'Donna, Tyce and Travis Wall.

Yes, I meant Nick Florez... liked him.  All above sound great though.

I'm so glad Judy is back.  She was so afraid to say anything last year.  All we had to cling to was the weatherman!  

Edited by Mardo2044
misread response. wishful thinking!
  • Love 6

I finally got to watch the first episode.

New opening song: two thumbs DOWN. Sounds like the theme from "Dance Moms." Only not as good.

Kat! LOVE her. I'd seen her in photos on Instagram during auditions, and I could tell months ago that she was gorgeous. But to see her in action! She's really beautiful. Wouldn't she rock the uniform!

Amanda, another favorite. Lots of pop. Crisp. She reminds me a little of the actress Amanda Seyfried. Loved, loved the sweet backstory about her brother.

That said... Gina. I liked her too, but especially for the fact that she didn't have a Dead Relative backstory. Refreshing. DCC Lacey was her inspiration. Well, good! Lacey made Judy cry when she retired. Clearly Lacey inspires a few people!

Lily bored me last year. I thought of her as the poor man's Jordan Chanley only without Jordan's heart and bubbly personality. But this season, I admit, I found sassy-salty Lily quite interesting. Please, keep the cameras on her! And please keep her talking.

Kelli looks fantastic. I do see that she's slimmed down these past few years. You go, woman.

I've seen comments on here about not liking Julia's look, and I have to agree. To be more specific, and I hate to say this, but she looks to me like a man in drag. Also, her legs aren't very long by DCC standards. TPTB have chosen shorter legged girls for the squad before (Tara, Loni), but I just don't like the look.

I still think Meredith has a thick middle. Kind of rectangular shaped. Not my favorite look, but she is interesting to watch in terms of her facial beauty and dance skills.

Keyna, wow, she's in great shape. I couldn't tell by her dancing though if she'd have the stamina or flexibility to pull off the DCC style.

Chandi, so pretty. Beautiful eyes! Would love to learn a little more about her.

Lisa, the one they called "adorable." YES. Loved her.

Victoria. Ugh. No. I hated the fall out of the turn. I heard Kitty Carter in the back of my head saying, "Don't do s**t you can't do." You know, I would be impressed with Victoria if she were to do hip hop or something totally different than her current shtick. Something to show that she's good at her craft, and not a one-trick pony. (No horse comments, please!)

I can't wait for next week! Semifinals are my favorite round.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, dccfangirl said:

I'm so bored with Victoria but enjoyed the strong dislike vibes coming from Lily.

Judy is way better value than Kelli is now, she's way more fun and funny.

I’m not bored with her!  She’s like a Kardashian, I can’t stand watching her but, dang it, I can’t help but watch 😂🤷🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️  

I’ve always love Judy the most too!  She’s really funny and has the best facial expressions!

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Angeltoes said:

I can't pinpoint why but I can't stand Melissa Rycroft (which I know goes against popular opinion). 

Not liking Melissa Rycroft isn't particularly unpopular here...unless you mean not knowing why is unpopular 🤣

4 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Amanda was the one from NJ, correct?  I

Yep, Philly Burbs NJ, she was a Flyer girl.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Kat is destined for WAY bigger and better things than the DCC. She could very well be the better than Nicole Hamilton of the 2020s. She is beyond impressive. Amanda is another one to watch. I just absolutely adored the heck out of Keyna and was sorry she did not advance further. NO WAY she is 41!

I really love the new choreo judge, Charm LaDonna. Move over Kitty....your days should be numbered. Melissa is actually not annoying this time around. The sexy face imitations made me laugh!!

Too bad VK did not fall on her butt. Good save, though.

Ok Taylor and Malena....let's see what you got. I am rooting for both of them to return! 

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, seasick said:

the whole wedding segment?: so what was the point of wasting time on that? Oh okay . Not only will you become a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader but you'll get married and be able to "find" Bridesmaids. So yeah if you haven't made any close friends up to this point in your life it's a good place to search. We have a calendar for that purpose and the girls' names under their picture by their locker. I recall someone saying that about Cassie for her wedding that the calendar shoot is where she "found" her bridesmaids. It doesn't speak too well for any sense of Sisterhood there.

It always makes me roll my eyes when they try to use that as a selling point. I was on the dance team in high school and college and I made friends with the girls, but it wasn’t like I had no other friends. I met and bonded with people lots of other ways too. When you’re 18-25 (as most of these girls are), you will meet people in class, at work, at the gym, in a sorority, in the dorms, through your hobbies/interests and some of them will become good friends or even lifelong friends. That’s going to happen whether or not you’re a DCC. 

• Love 6

Melissa R’s comment about her biggest pet peeve is all of the exaggerated faces, while she sits there with her obviously enhanced upper lip. Talk about a weird face. 

And I usually like Melissa. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4