Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E01: First Impressions

Drogo
Message added by Bort

NO SPOILERS HERE.  Click HERE to read the rules before posting.

Clairvoyant comments about who makes show group, point and the final team do not belong here.

• Start Topic

On 8/3/2019 at 1:16 AM, Lily80 said:

Marlena seams exactly the same as last year. Beautiful, sweet, over-eager, soft dancer without power.

If I remember correctly Malena was a good speaker before media day training.

• Love 6
On 8/3/2019 at 12:12 PM, Mardo2044 said:

It just means they have some nice quality experienced dancers to select from this year!  Too bad there are few spots this season. 😞

I think it was mentioned 6 - 10 open spots. They seem to be hinting at vet cuts imho.(first year watching unspoiled for now)

Edited by LisaWl7TR
Oops saw this was mentioned upthread and haven't posted in a while so not sure how or if I can delete.
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Oh yes - fangirling over Kat:)

There is that one girl who is trying out for her 7th time this year:/

They have never lied about how many are going to semis.  However, since the number of girls auditioning has dropped severely, they always exaggerate those numbers.  It used to be what - over 1000 girls auditioning?

That is one big difference between VK and the others - being a team player.  If she makes it, will she accept these girls as her teammates, or will they always be her competition?  Some use it to make themselves a better, stronger dancer, but can build a friendship on top of that.   Last year, VK didn't quite bond with the other TCC's, so if she makes it into TC, will she try?  Will it happen organically or will she be coached by CMT?

It seemed to me last DCC MTT that Victoria chose to hang out with those that had already made the team vs the rookies which she was. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, JerseyGirl said:

Did anyone see Scott the Weatherman?  I am afraid TPTB didn’t invite him back this year for calling it the way it was (and we all saw the disaster) in VK’s prelims from last year. 

Where is Charlotte? 

3 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Yes a girl who auditioned a couple years ago confirmed that on here. It’s probably buried about 10000 posts ago. I think Shelly also confirmed that it makes the check-in process go quicker. 

Yes! He is there in Kat’s dancing segment. When she did the “come-hither,” and Scott’s like “Yep, I’ll go with you.” And Judy’s resounds “I’m about to come over the table,” I literally lol’d.

Kats my favorite. Her It-Factor is off the charts and she’s so well-spoken.  

Lily is my next favorite with her deadpan delivery of “Victoria, come sit with us.” If that played out in emoji: 😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐🤮. That was my second lol. Interesting since Jasmine was also there with them and last year it seemed like Jasmine and Victoria were friends? Maybe not anymore? 

Very unpopluar opinion, so be warned: I do not find Amanda attractive. At all. 

Yeah Lily’s reaction to VK’s arrival on the sofa was funny. Lily seems like the type of person to not take crap from anyone when the camera isn’t rolling. I think she will tell it like it is. The locker room should be interesting this season if they both make the team. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, LisaWl7TR said:

Where is Charlotte? 

1 hour ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I think she was out of the country at the time for something. Or maybe just out of state, can't remember.

2019 Cannes Film Festival if these episodes were shot in May (which they should've been)

Edited by DCCFanInKy
Fixed the year
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, DocBrown said:

100%. Sounds like a parody song. Awful. 

LEGIT it's SO bad. they should've just kept the song they had last year because this new one is a hot ass mess.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
54 minutes ago, loveaux said:

i'm finally watching the first episode and i cannot tell y'all how much i hate the new theme song.

12 minutes ago, DocBrown said:

100%. Sounds like a parody song. Awful. 

10 minutes ago, loveaux said:

LEGIT it's SO bad. they should've just kept the song they had last year because this new one is a hot ass mess.

8 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Or a Saturday morning cartoon theme song...…..from the days when they had Saturday morning cartoons.

I think it sounds fresh and new (apparently very unpopular opinion)

ETA at least they have CURRENT DCC in the promo now

@ShellyB do/did all the ladies participate in the filming on media day or just the vets?

Edited by DCCFanInKy
Added a question
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, seasick said:

Wondering that since there's only six or so spots available if they're still going to bring the usual 20 + girls into training camp. I think it would be rather cruel. I do wonder if Kelly has some veterans in mind to cut because in her initial statement she said there was 30 returning vets and only 6 to maybe 10 spots available. Hmmm.

Kelli said in this episode something about bringing 46 into training camp.  Rewatched, I found when she explained the process she said "roughly 50" to finals and ask "45 into training camp". Anyrate, I think she will consider releasing a couple vets after finals because she has in the past, she talks about it as their process, and I think because so many were added last year you do not want to have so many retire couple years down the road in big mass.  So, yes I think she will make room for a couple rookie spots if the talent calls for it.  

Edited by Mardo2044
corrected TC number Kelli quote
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

I think Kelli said in this episode something about bringing 46 into training camp.  Like that was a number they strive for.  Rewatched, I found when she explained the process she said "roughly 50" but that other number stuck in my head so I think she said it elsewhere. Anyrate, I think she will consider releasing a couple vets after finals because she has in the past, she talks about it as their process, and because so many were added last year you do not want to have so many retire couple years down the road in big mass.  So, yes I think she will make room for a couple rookie spots if the talent calls for it.  Then of course they cut to 36 typically.

If she DOES cut veterans this year, I hope it's because she wants to get certain people on the squad and needs to make room for incoming rookies.  Also, if ANY vet is cut, the only one I would boot is Christina, but even I don't want a vet cut just because Kelli feels like it or wants to make room for someone else.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, LisaWl7TR said:

If I remember correctly Malena was a good speaker before media day training.

Yes, I cheered for her all last season.  But her strengths were football knowledge, excellent communication media skills, beautiful face and body fit.  She had terrible memory issues and could not remember to smile when struggling.  Those that bring other things to the table (like Savannah, Christina) that are not as strong in dance remember to always smile and play to their strengths.  If there were what, 14 spots or something crazy last year she is not going to make it when there are only 6.  She will just get outdanced.  I'm sorry for her because she seems lovely.  😞

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

If she DOES cut veterans this year, I hope it's because she wants to get certain people on the squad and needs to make room for incoming rookies.  Also, if ANY vet is cut, the only one I would boot is Christina, but even I don't want a vet cut just because Kelli feels like it or wants to make room for someone else.

Yes, I get the impression if the talent in the candidates calls for it she will not ask a couple vets into training camp to make room for a couple extra rookies.  That just has been her history, not that I wish for it.

3 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

I'm all for trying something new but I'm not a Cassadee Pope fan so the new intro song doesn't work for me either.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

I'm all for trying something new but I'm not a Cassadee Pope fan so the new intro song doesn't work for me either.

Shows what I know..I didn't even know WHO was singing the song until it was said here 🙂

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

There is that one girl who is trying out for her 7th time this year:/

There was another girl, way back when the show started that tried out 8 or 9 times. She was interviewed during the 2hour special then they showed her the following year. Never saw her again after that.

Crazy stuff.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, kevinrm45 said:

Here's another cap from the episode. If there is anyone around who's good with photoshopping, you know what to do...

vlcsnap-2019-08-04-08h36m48s570.jpg

VK's hair looks much better here; maybe straightened a bit during makeover day? So many curly haired girls now with Cianna, Amanda, Maddie and of course All Star Nicole. 

Rachel W. Is my fave. Her look is stunning and I think she made calendar cover as a rookie.

Victoria is annoying and unattractive. Melina needs to get on the bus with a one way ticket home and not sure WHY Dayton didn't come back but good riddance to a crybaby!!!

• Love 6
6 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Shows what I know..I didn't even know WHO was singing the song until it was said here 🙂

Don't feel bad, I'm seeing the name of who is singing, but I haven't a clue who that is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, seasick said:

I think VK is right on the edge she does look good but can't afford even 5 lb. She'll get that little belly flab back.

That's a great way to say what I was thinking!  Thank you!

• Love 3
On 8/2/2019 at 10:26 PM, Ninamags said:

I’m in the Mountain time zone and I was able to live chat.  

It airs at 7 pm for me.  

I wasn't able to live chat because my husband decided he wanted to sit down with a coffee and have conversation!  I was already in countdown mode at 8 minutes until airing!  I could not tell him "getcha later" so I watched later that night. 😞  So I am curious if the people who live post don't feel the need to post on the episode.  It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

I wasn't able to live chat because my husband decided he wanted to sit down with a coffee and have conversation!  I was already in countdown mode at 8 minutes until airing!  I could not tell him "getcha later" so I watched later that night. 😞  So I am curious if the people who live post don't feel the need to post on the episode.  It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I SO feel for you!  My husband used to do the exact same thing.  I headed him off at the pass because I told him that at 9, I would be watching.  Plus, he saw me watching the previous season marathons.  

He used to wait, I think, for 8 o’clock when ANTM or Project Runway would come on and then would decide he wanted to conversate.  But he’s much better trained for DCC.

• LOL 5
On 8/3/2019 at 7:49 PM, MelissaB326 said:

When people were talking about Kat just from the pictures posted here, I thought she was pretty but didn’t understand the fuss. But she wowed me on the show last night, she is beautiful and charismatic. She definitely has that “it” factor and I hope she makes the team.

Yep, Kat has "it" in spades. Imagine my shock when I saw she was originally from Trinity, NC which is only about 30 minutes from where I grew up. Y'all, I did not know we made them this stunning down in the Piedmont Triad! She is just beyond. 

Other first impressions...last year's TCC Taylor looked lackluster. I'm rooting for Kristen and Lily. Charm was a breath of fresh air.

Edited by veronicamers
  • Love 12
23 minutes ago, tarheel220 said:

When Victoria fell out of her turn and out of bounds, I was waiting for the flag to go up like they have at the gymnastics competitions for when a girl steps out of bounds.

I thought that as well! I could hear the announcer in my head, "That's a BIG step out. Sadly for her that will be a deduction of....."

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, tarheel220 said:

When Victoria fell out of her turn and out of bounds, I was waiting for the flag to go up like they have at the gymnastics competitions for when a girl steps out of bounds.

In the competitive cheer (all star) world, there would have been deductions taken for stepping out of bounds, too.

I am amazed that VK advanced to the next round.  With those deductions, she should never had made semi's.

Edited by JerseyGirl
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, VintageJ said:

I SO feel for you!  My husband used to do the exact same thing.  I headed him off at the pass because I told him that at 9, I would be watching.  Plus, he saw me watching the previous season marathons.  

He used to wait, I think, for 8 o’clock when ANTM or Project Runway would come on and then would decide he wanted to conversate.  But he’s much better trained for DCC.

I don't know why men do that....

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Kate2006 said:

I really liked the addition of Charm. Her comments were funny but not mean. And I can’t believe I’m saying this but Charm and Melissa were funny in the discussion. 

Oh man, I thought they were hilarious together. Charm was just effortlessly cool, and Melissa was all "And I am also... here for it."

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

My first Impressions:

KAT - MY TOTAL GIRL CRUSH

Chandi - Love her look and dance

Lily - OMG how old is she? She looks older than I'm sure she is.

Amanda - Love her dance but not sure about her personality yet

Kristin - She just has bedroom eyes so she always looks tired and sleepy to me

VK - Good for her for losing the weight, lets see if she can keep it off but she still seems immature. I thank God that CMT limited her face time..well at least for the first show.

"M" - Cant remember her name but I think she was the other legacy...not impressed. When her mom hugged her at the end I thought it was VK and her mom at first but I had to rewind it a few times b4 I realized. lol.

Is it Meredith, the one that reminds you of Kelcey Lo - she is stunning, I just don't care to listen to her speak, like she drags out her words and its so annoying...

TPTB:

Kelli: Bad dress, why does she always wear dresses that fit her like a glove. But kudos to her for dropping some weight. 

Charm Ladonna: New judge: I LOVE that they had a young, talented and energetic choreographer as a judge. Hope she stays awhile.

Melissa: Shocked that she and Charm made it to the small deliberation discussion. Where was Charlotte

• Love 3

I posted this on the *spoiler* thread but since it was shown on the episode I'll post it here:

Did anyone else catch, during deliberations regarding Victoria, from Judy say "I had hoped she came back stronger this year."

Then Kelli made a joke and Charm and Melissa cackled and the three of them joked about it but I saw the concern in Judy's face, but I could see she wasn't going to argue with these three who thought it was funny that Victoria fell.

Ugh, the favoritism!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I wish they would get rid of the segment with the bad girls that are just on there and don't have a legitimate shot.   Stop offering them a gift certificate at the mall to show up or whatever other crazy rumors I've heard. To CMT credit they scanned a larger girl (like myself) on the screen when they were getting in their seats but never focused on her or singled her out.  My guess is she was a bigger girl that could dance, and I find that inspiring. 🙂

• Love 8
1 hour ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

"M" - Cant remember her name but I think she was the other legacy...not impressed. When her mom hugged her at the end I thought it was VK and her mom at first but I had to rewind it a few times b4 I realized. lol.

Madeline.  You're not the only one who thought she was VK.  Other posters mentioned VK greeting somebody and I kept looking for that scene.

1 hour ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

Where was Charlotte

Audition dates were changed, and she already had plans to attend the Cannes Film Festival

4 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

So I am curious if the people who live post don't feel the need to post on the episode.  It will be interesting to see how it plays

Many don't have CMT and have to wait until the ep shows up on CMT.com, or Prime or iTunes.  Some of them watch then ep and then come on here to post.  Some read the boards and still post their opinions, even without seeing the episode.  It's always interesting:)

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Madeline.  You're not the only one who thought she was VK.  Other posters mentioned VK greeting somebody and I kept looking for that scene.

Audition dates were changed, and she already had plans to attend the Cannes Film Festival

Many don't have CMT and have to wait until the ep shows up on CMT.com, or Prime or iTunes.  Some of them watch then ep and then come on here to post.  Some read the boards and still post their opinions, even without seeing the episode.  It's always interesting:)

I'm on the West Coast, so can't live chat, but I will follow along, so when I get to see the show I can zero in on where the conversations are coming from. Makes for a more interesting show. I still have my own opinions, but it's fun to see what everyone else sees or things I may have missed. 

• Love 4
22 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

ETA at least they have CURRENT DCC in the promo now

@ShellyB do/did all the ladies participate in the filming on media day or just the vets?

Just TCC

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 8/4/2019 at 11:36 AM, KnyghtRyder said:

Yes a girl who auditioned a couple years ago confirmed that on here. It’s probably buried about 10000 posts ago. I think Shelly also confirmed that it makes the check-in process go quicker. 

No...there are people that check names to make sure that all paperwork has been received. Once that is confirmed, contestants proceed to one station to receive numbers. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1