Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E01: First Impressions

Drogo
Message added by Bort

NO SPOILERS HERE.  Click HERE to read the rules before posting.

Clairvoyant comments about who makes show group, point and the final team do not belong here.

• Start Topic

Four hundred dancers from all over the country converge on AT&T Stadium to start the hardest audition process in the entertainment business--to become a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader.

Melissa Rycroft and Charm LaDonna are featured.

This topic is marked NO SPOILERS for a reason.  Do not post spoilers here.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, TB12 said:

So they’re taking 101 to semis pretty much everyone who showed up is headed to semis... 

Pretty much. Kelli is sticking with that 400 ladies.....

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

And against all odds, VK falls out of her turn three seconds in. Get ready for a season full of that, y’all. 

NOT a fan of Julia’s look...

As an NC girl, I LOVE Kat. And she looked awesome!

I never disliked Lily last year, but she’s officially one I’m rooting for after this episode!

• LOL 2
  • Love 16

I’m in the Mountain time zone and I was able to live chat.  

It airs at 7 pm for me.  

Love that they told Kat’s story right away.  Love her.  

I see that the pervy old man is judge again. Really dislike him.  

I enjoyed the episode a whole lot. Even though it’s really the same thing, it seemed to have a different vibe and feel to it. 

A different energy, if you will, I’d even go so far as to say it had a positive energy. 😬

Edited by Ninamags
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, nrskim said:

HATE...can you say HATE? Despise, loathe, abhor..the new opening song. It's the worst song I've ever heard, right up there with last season's SNF song. Makes my ears bleed, I'll be muting that for sure, AWFUL!!!! Horrifying

I’m with you. It’s really bad! The new song is painful 😣 to hear. MUTE 🤐 

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, nrskim said:

HATE...can you say HATE? Despise, loathe, abhor..the new opening song. It's the worst song I've ever heard, right up there with last season's SNF song. Makes my ears bleed, I'll be muting that for sure, AWFUL!!!! Horrifying

I haven't seen the episode yet, but Marshall posted the new intro on his IG stories:)  Don't like it.

• Love 5

I like Charm as a judge. Kat is obviously amazing. My favourite returners are Kristin and Lily. I feel like Lily has a little bit of an edge about being cut on the final night of last year, which I enjoy. I don't think we got much of a feel for her personality last year. I like Amanda and think Gina is good. I think those are all the names I picked up. 

Not a fan of Malena or VK. The judges are way too soft on her. 

I always enjoy the next two rounds of auditions more than this one. I'm not a huge fan of the open audition having it's own episode. I would like an hour long episode for the first two rounds, and either a long episode or two episodes dedicated to the round against the vets. I want to see more of the solos!!! Alternatively, they could keep the current format and upload all the solos on the site as individual clips. They film them all anyway. 

• Love 18
5 minutes ago, nrskim said:

Me too!  It’s awful—both music and voice!  

When Kelli said this year had the best talent, my 12 yr old (who was on the computer barely paying attention) said, “I think she says that every year!”  Yep!

1 minute ago, INKWTWH said:

I like Charm as a judge. Kat is obviously amazing. My favourite returners are Kristin and Lily. I feel like Lily has a little bit of an edge about being cut on the final night of last year, which I enjoy. I don't think we got much of a feel for her personality last year. I like Amanda and think Gina is good. I think those are all the names I picked up. 

I always enjoy the next two rounds of auditions more than this one. I'm not a huge fan of the open audition having it's own episode. I would like an hour long episode for the first two rounds, and either a long episode or two episodes dedicated to the round against the vets. I want to see more of the solos!!! Alternatively, they could keep the current format and upload all the solos on the site as individual clips. They film them all anyway. 

I think the shade of Lily’s hair ages her. So I was watching her but wishing it was different—maybe darker. 

Yes, I’d like the prelims and semis in a 1 hr episode then finals could have its own hour. 

• Love 8

I'm also still salty about LSU Kat being cut from a couple of years ago. That girl could dance so much better than most of the ones that actually made the team (*cough* Christina, Savannah, Tara, Lexie, Alexis *cough*). I think I need a lozenge, that was a big cough 😉 

• Love 19

Ahh I am dying over here! We don't get MTT on any of our pay channels over here so I have to wait and hope and pray it gets uploaded on cmt.  In the meantime I am living vicariously through you all 😂

Edited by onthebubble
fixing my spelling mistakes
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I love Kat! I want more Kat. 

Charm is a great judge. 

I'm not a fan of the opening song, but like that the opening is new. 

I'm okay with the amount of Victoria in this episode. And I liked that they are already focusing on some of the the other hopefuls. 

Edited by StarWarner
  • Love 4

What is that "dance studio" room where Kat is dancing in her intro package?  I feel like they show that room every season... I think Milan also danced in that room.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, DCCFanInKy said:

As long as it's covered while she's in any sort of DCC uniform (practice or otherwise)

I don’t think she can cover it during dcc camps in the summer .. maybe with a bandaid .

• Love 1
Just now, LaurenlovesTV said:

I don’t think she can cover it during dcc camps in the summer .. maybe with a bandaid .

There are plenty of great tattoo cover products that will stay on in the Texas heat. It will be interesting to see if they do make her cover it for rehearsals.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, FLAfan said:

I’m really disappointed.

The candidates have deteriorated this year. Way too much makeup

and no one caught my eye in a good way.

And it’s only going to get worse. Now that people know what this process involves, the organization will only get girls who’ve danced professionally and have a great deal of experience and who think they have model-good looks.   

The talent pool is going to get smaller and smaller. 

As much as some love (or hate)the portion with the more ordinary girls, there were very few of them that they showed, which means that some recognize that this audition process is serious business and not something to be taken lightly. Plus they don’t want to come off looking foolish on national tv. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Edited by Ninamags
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, kevinrm45 said:

GjLVhCs.gif

Omfg  when I was reading the comments about her falling out of turns I was thinking 'Surely it wasn't THAT bad!' ..... Well I was wrong! I don't really like the VK hate but  wowsers that is bad ...

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, onthebubble said:

Omfg  when I was reading the comments about her falling out of turns I was thinking 'Surely it wasn't THAT bad!' ..... Well I was wrong! I don't really like the VK hate but  wowsers that is bad ...

I don’t think the fall was that bad.   She didn’t go all the way to the ground and only slipped because she landed on a pom. 🤷🏽‍♀️

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Nombre said:

I don’t think the fall was that bad.   She didn’t go all the way to the ground and only slipped because she landed on a pom. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Actually her turns were nice until she lost her balence and slipped. She just needs control. Just reign it in a bit girl...

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Nombre said:

Not excusing the fall but I'd fall flat on my @$$ if I was under the kind of pressure these girls are under!

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Nombre said:

She needs to be aware of her space - it's going to be a problem if she doesn't learn quick - 

• Love 17
Just now, sugarplum said:

I’m late watching, but I had this exact same thought. She’s gorgeous, but she reminds me of Kalyssa (who I never thought was a good dancer, she just used sex appeal). I hope I’m wrong...I really want to like Kat. I’m anxious to see more. 

I was one of the few who actually liked kalyssa lol both of them are gorgeous. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, LaurenlovesTV said:

I was one of the few who actually liked kalyssa lol both of them are gorgeous. 

Everyone likes different girls! And that’s great! I wasn’t a fan of Kalyssas from day 1, but it was mostly because I think she lacked technique. I’m rooting for Kat. I just couldn’t get past the comparison of them tonight, but I’m very open minded with her!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, nrskim said:

It is the worst. Why change it? I miss the football-esque peppy beat of the original.

1 hour ago, INKWTWH said:

I would LOVE two entire hours of the finals. That's one of my favorite episodes every year.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Lily80 said:

It is the worst. Why change it? I miss the football-esque peppy beat of the original.

I would LOVE two entire hours of the finals. That's one of my favorite episodes every year.

I had to miss the episode tonight...was it just prelims?

Caught a re-run because let's be honest---the premiere of Descandant's 3 was way more important to my kids then the DCC. Here is the only thing that stood out to me...

Kelli: "You could be sitting next to your roommate, your bridesmaid...etc, etc..."

Cut to Lexie's video with Alexis, Madeline & Savannah. 

40 minutes later...

Kelli: "I didn't realize until she was dancing that she [Madeline S.] was a legacy...her mom cheered with me."

Okay, so these women won't be BFFs4Eva because you're either lying about knowing Madeline S was going to try out or you're lying to these girls about the 'family' aspect of the team.

• LOL 19
  • Love 5