Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
saoirse

Zoey's Extraordinary News

Recommended Posts

The Hollywood Critics Association TV Awards; 6 nominations for the show:

Best Broadcast Network Series, Comedy

Best Actress in a Broadcast Network or Cable Series, Comedy

  • Jane Levy

Best Supporting Actor in a Broadcast Network or Cable Series, Comedy

  • Alex Newell
  • John Clarence Stewart
  • Skylar Astin

Best Supporting Actress in a Broadcast Network or Cable Series, Comedy

  • Mary Steenburgen

 

  • Like 2
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Trini said:

The Hollywood Critics Association TV Awards; 6 nominations for the show:

Best Broadcast Network Series, Comedy

Best Actress in a Broadcast Network or Cable Series, Comedy

  • Jane Levy

Best Supporting Actor in a Broadcast Network or Cable Series, Comedy

  • Alex Newell
  • John Clarence Stewart
  • Skylar Astin

Best Supporting Actress in a Broadcast Network or Cable Series, Comedy

  • Mary Steenburgen

 

That's awesome and well-deserved. I hope they're able to snag some Emmy nominations, too. (primetime Emmy nominations are announced July 13)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, DanaK said:

At least they got 4 Primetime Emmy Nominations https://deadline.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/2021-Emmy-Nominations-List.pdf

Guest Actress (Bernadette Peters) in a Comedy Series

Outstanding Music Direction

Outstanding Original Music and Lyrics

Outstanding Choreography for Scripted Programming

 

Happy for the nominations the show got, but frustrated at the obvious snubs. People who aren't up on Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist really are missing out on a special show. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Details on the nominations - note two chances to win in Choreoraphy;

Quote

Outstanding Choreography For Scripted Programming

Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist

• Routines: Black Man In A White World / Tightrope

Mandy Moore, Choreographer
Luther Brown, Choreographer

Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist

• Routines: Hello Dolly / Starships / Let's Get Loud

Mandy Moore, Choreographer

Quote

Outstanding Music Direction

Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist

• Zoey's Extraordinary Goodbye

Harvey Mason Jr., Music Director

Quote

Outstanding Original Music And Lyrics

Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist

• Zoey's Extraordinary Birthday / Song Title: Crimson Love

Harvey Mason Jr., Music
Andrew Hey, Music
Austin Winsberg, Lyrics
Lindsey Rosin, Lyrics

Quote

Outstanding Guest Actress In A Comedy Series

Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist

• Zoey's Extraordinary Girls' Night

Bernadette Peters as Deb

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

14 hours ago, Trini said:

Details on the nominations - note two chances to win in Choreoraphy;

 

Somehow I missed that there were 2 noms in Choreography

Share this post


Link to post

Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist Rescued By Roku!

Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist may have another song left in it, after all! Streaming player Roku is nearing a deal for a two-hour wrap-up movie for the cancelled NBC musical dramedy, TVLine has learned.

We hear if the pic — which would debut on The Roku Channel over the holidays — performs well, Roku could potentially order additional episodes. New deals with the primary cast, led by Jane Levy, are currently being hammered out.

 

I'm happy ZEP will get some closure at the very least. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist Rescued By Roku!

Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist may have another song left in it, after all! Streaming player Roku is nearing a deal for a two-hour wrap-up movie for the cancelled NBC musical dramedy, TVLine has learned.

We hear if the pic — which would debut on The Roku Channel over the holidays — performs well, Roku could potentially order additional episodes. New deals with the primary cast, led by Jane Levy, are currently being hammered out.

 

I'm happy ZEP will get some closure at the very least. The show deserves all the love and accolades. 

Yeah!  I use Roku for all my streaming so I'll be happy to see it when they release it 😃😍😃

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, dbklmt said:

Yeah!  I use Roku for all my streaming so I'll be happy to see it when they release it 😃😍😃

Same here! cheerleader.gif.b6fdae6cce242ba3afc9a20fbb9230c5.gifpinkie.gif.e3114f61c35eb64094b33373add9754f.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Great news. Since they have to make new deals with the cast I hope they can get everyone back. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, possibilities said:

I guess I have to learn how Roku works.

It's a streaming device. They have their own channel that will air Zoey (assuming it goes through). It's free & works on both Roku and Amazon Fire (stick or box) streaming devices. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

So do I have to buy the device? I don't have a Fire Stick, either. When I stream things, I usually do it over my laptop. I don't like having a zillion devices to keep track of.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, possibilities said:

So do I have to buy the device? I don't have a Fire Stick, either. When I stream things, I usually do it over my laptop. I don't like having a zillion devices to keep track of.

You can use Roku on the Fire Stick, if you want to get one of those. It also looks like you can access Roku through the browser? https://support.roku.com/article/115012374788

  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, possibilities said:

So do I have to buy the device? I don't have a Fire Stick, either. When I stream things, I usually do it over my laptop. I don't like having a zillion devices to keep track of.

You can go here to watch Roku shows on your laptop. 
https://therokuchannel.roku.com/

There’s also android and iOS apps for people who don’t have a fire stick or roku device. 

  • Like 1
  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post

This made my day! I was so mad about the show being canceled and left on a cliffhanger. Even if there are no additional episodes (though I hope there will be) a wrap-up movie is still better than nothing. That's what we got back when NBC canceled Timeless. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Dani said:

You can go here to watch Roku shows on your laptop. 
https://therokuchannel.roku.com/

There’s also android and iOS apps for people who don’t have a fire stick or roku device. 

I didn't know they had that, thanks for the info! I have Roku built in my tv but know others that will want to watch.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

20 minutes ago, Trini said:

Congrats to Jane Levy!

 

So deserved! Congratulations to Jane!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Great news!!!

ZOEY'S EXTRAORDINARY CHRISTMAS is listed as in production starting September 16th. 
 

ETA - More details from Skylar

Quote

Following the comedy series’ cancellation back in June, Astin – who played Max in the show – recently told NME about plans on Roku to revive the story for a two-hour film.

“Oh, we’re doing it – I’m booked, boo,” Astin said. “I know there was a season three idea and maybe a season four idea, but now we’re going to do a movie and maybe we’ll do another movie [after that].

“This one’s going to be Christmas-themed, and there might be a Valentine’s Day-themed [movie] after. And who knows, maybe we’ll get more seasons down the line? But right now, I’m just grateful that we get to do this movie. We’re filming it very soon.”

 

Skylar Astin confirms Christmas-themed ‘Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist’ film

Edited by Dani
  • Like 5
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

I just saw this yesterday, and was going to come to here ask everyone "what's Roku??"  Thank you all for already answering that!  I have a FireStick, so I'll figure it out. I'm glad to hear that it's free!  😉

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size