Type keyword(s) to search

Hawkeye in the Media: Target!

Pallas
  • Start Topic

Florence Pugh, Vincent D'Onofrio & More Highlighted for Hawkeye Emmys Campaign
By Aeron Mer Eclarinal    June 03, 2022
https://thedirect.com/article/hawkeye-florence-pugh-vincent-donofrio-emmys-campaign 

Disney  officially started its awards campaign for Marvel Studios' Hawkeye ahead of the 2022 Emmy Awards. 

The MCU series submitted a plethora of nominees across 22 different categories, which include cast members, producers, writers, and more. 

Hailee Steinfeld, Jeremy Renner, Florence Pugh, and Vincent D'Onofrio highlight the list of cast nominees from Hawkeye
While it's unlikely that Hawkeye will be nominated for any major awards, the fact that Marvel Studios campaigned for a plethora of categories could hint that the Jeremy Renner-led series could nab at least a few nominations. 

Hawkeye and WandaVision had a common denominator: they both have an original song under their belt. WandaVision won an Emmy for Kathryn Hahn's "Agatha All Along," and history could repeat itself with Hawkeye's "Save the City" from Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman. 

Meanwhile, even though Florence Pugh and Vincent D'Onofrio began to appear in the later episodes, both stars had memorable performances throughout their appearance. It's possible that the Emmy will consider nominations for one or even both of them, thus making history for Marvel Studios. 

• Like 2

Hawkeye was originally supposed to be darker in tone but evolved into a "much more playful" series...

Hawkeye Composers Christophe Beck and Michael Paraskevas on Making Music for Marvel’s Christmas-Themed Superhero Show
By J. Don Birnam    June 2, 2022
https://www.btlnews.com/interviews/hawkeye-composers-christophe-beck-michael-paraskevas-interview/ 

BTL: Having done both Marvel and Christmas movies before, how did you give this project its own unique sound?
Beck:
That’s a great question! For me, it was the incorporation of electronic elements. If you listen to the main theme of the Hawkeye show, it has a processed bell sound. It has bell-like qualities to it, but it’s most definitely synthetic and electronic in nature. That subtle electronic incorporation makes it feel more contemporary and brings it into the Marvel Universe.

Paraskevas: Right, and then we expand on those synthetic bells throughout the score, and incorporate them increasingly with subtle musical cues. There are even some spots where we took some classic Christmas carols and rearranged them in a more contemporary way to serve as underscores. That’s how we got that fun and festive tone melded with the superhero tone.

BTL: What were some of those Christmas tunes, for those that may have not recognized them?
Paraskevas:
One arrangement we used a lot was “Carol of the Bells,” especially as Kate Bishop, our main heroine, is sleuthing around. In the last episode, there is a big tension built with Tchaikovsky’s “Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies,” another classic, recognizable tune. It was fun to use those songs, adapt them, and bring out something new for the story.
BTL: What was your collaboration like with the show creators — what ideas did they bring in, and which ones did you pitch?
Beck:
As I mentioned, there was a bit of an evolution for what the sound of the score was going to be. At first, it was going to be a darker tone, focused on Hawkeye, his despair around the events of The Avengers, and the dark things he went through in his past. But the show, the story, and therefore the score evolved into something much more playful, especially between Jeremy Renner and Hailee Steinfeld. And the idea that this would be a ‘Christmas in New York’ sort of thing, we took. Whenever there was an opportunity to sprinkle in Christmas magic, we did. Not just the big set pieces we mentioned, but also incorporating classic Christmas textures into what was a more traditional Marvel superhero type of score.
BTL: What was your favorite theme from the show and why?
Beck:
Very easy. The bold, heroic Hawkeye theme, because I wrote it. There’s a hint of darkness to it, and it’s always fun to write those.

Paraskevas: Loved that one, but I liked my theme for Kate. She has the same dark qualities, but she has a rebellious streak to her. Actually, I really loved the theme for Maya Lopez’s character in the show, Echo. It had a cool blend of her humanity and her tragedy, with a flute. It really touched on this intimate story about the relationship with her father, but also when she’s in this badass mode, going into an electronic place. I found the theme very adaptable to all of her moments.

• Love 1
(edited)

Hawkeye got 2 Emmy nominations...

Emmys 2022: The Complete Nominations List
By Jordan Moreau, Michael Schneider   July 12, 2022
https://variety.com/2022/tv/awards/emmys-nominations-list-2022-1235313788/ 

Outstanding Stunt Coordination For A Comedy Series Or Variety Program

Barry • HBO/HBO Max • HBO in association with Alec Berg and Hanarply Wade Allen, Stunt Coordinator Cobra Kai • Netflix • Sony Pictures Television for Netflix Ken Barefield, Stunt Coordinator

Hawkeye • Disney+ • Marvel Studios Heidi Moneymaker, Stunt Coordinator Noon Orsatti, Stunt Coordinator

Peacemaker • HBO/HBO Max • HBO Max in association with The Safran Company, Troll Court Entertainment, DC and Warner Bros. Television Wayne Dalglish, Stunt Coordinator Gaston Morrison, Stunt Coordinator

The Righteous Gemstones • HBO/HBO Max • HBO in association with Rough House John Copeman, Stunt Coordinator

What We Do In The Shadows • FX • FX Productions Tig Fong, Stunt Coordinator JF Lachapelle, Stunt Coordinator
Outstanding Stunt Performance

Barry • 710N • HBO/HBO Max • HBO in association with Alec Berg and Hanarply Clay Cullen, Stunt Performer David Castillo, Stunt Performer Jolene Van Vugt, Stunt Performer Chris Morrison, Stunt Performer

The Blacklist • Between Sleep And Awake • NBC • Sony Pictures Television Studios and Universal Television Chad Michael Hessler, Stunt Performer

Hawkeye • Echoes • Disney+ • Marvel Studios Carl Richard Burden, Stunt Performer Noon Orsatti, Stunt Performer Renae Moneymaker, Stunt Performer Crystal Hooks, Stunt Performer

Moon Knight • Gods And Monsters • Disney+ • Marvel Studios Daren Nop, Stunt Performer Jamel Blissat, Stunt Performer Estelle Darnault, Stunt Performer Sara Leal, Stunt Performer

Squid Game • Stick To The Team • Netflix • Siren Pictures for Netflix Lim Tae-hoon, Stunt Performer Shim Sang-min, Stunt Performer Kim Cha-i, Stunt Performer Lee Tae-young, Stunt Performer

Stranger Things • Chapter Four: Dear Billy • Netflix • Monkey Massacre Productions & 21 Laps Entertainment for Netflix Matthew Scheib, Stunt Performer Jura Yury Kruze, Stunt Performer

Lauren Ridloff and Alaqua Cox on Deaf Representation in the MCU
By Zach Johnson  JULY 13, 2022
https://d23.com/lauren-ridloff-and-alaqua-cox-on-deaf-representation-in-the-mcu/ 

In the past year, two Deaf characters have debuted in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), furthering The Walt Disney Company’s and Marvel Studios’ commitment to inclusive storytelling. First came Makkari, the speedster played by Lauren Ridloff in Eternals, then came Maya Lopez, the gang leader played by Alaqua Cox, in Hawkeye. Disney is “Celebrating the Accessible” this Disability Pride Month by honoring the diversity and intersectionality of the disability and neurodivergent communities via increased representation, celebration, education, and accessibility. In excerpts from recent issues of Disney twenty-three (offered exclusively to D23 Gold Members as a benefit of their membership), the two stars open up about what that means to them.

“I’m amazed with Marvel because they are doing such a great job with diversity and representation,” says Alaqua, who will reprise her role in Echo, coming to Disney+ in 2023. “It means so much to me because I feel like kids with all types of cultures and disabilities deserve to have more role models that look like them… I’m so grateful to have this opportunity because I am one of the examples of how we are going to shape the minds of the next generation, and I hope they are happy to watch their culture represented accurately and authentically. Representation matters more than we know.”
Marvel Studios hired consultants and interpreters to ensure that both actresses felt supported while filming their respective projects. In addition, several actors and filmmakers learned how to sign basic expressions in American Sign Language (ASL). “I remember meeting Jeremy Renner on my first day of work,” Alaqua says. “I was a nervous wreck, as it was my very first acting job. He complimented me in ASL, which comforted me. Hailee Steinfeld also spelled out her name to me in ASL at the studio where we were doing our stunt training. I thought it was sweet of them to put in the effort to learn basic ASL just to communicate with me. It means a lot as a deaf person.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Marvel TV Shows, Ranked: WandaVision, She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, Loki and Other MCU Fare
By Team TVLine / October 25 2022
https://tvline.com/lists/best-marvel-tv-shows-ranked-worst/ 

4  HAWKEYE
Nov. 24 – Dec. 22, 2021 | 6 episodes

THE HIGHS: Hailee Steinfeld and Jeremy Renner. Festive Christmastime fare! Yelena’s mac-and-cheese with hot sauce. Laura Barton is Mockingbird?! Wilson Fisk is back! It was simply a lot of fun.

THE LOWS: Clint and the LARPers. Underdeveloped Maya Lopez/Echo. It’s not the exact same Wilson Fisk from Netflix’s Daredevil.

TVLine reader polls: Season ranked #2 (out of 7), Finale #1

• Love 1

Every Marvel Cinematic Universe TV show, ranked
By Samantha Nelson, Tasha Robinson, and Zosha Millman  Updated Nov 25, 2022
https://www.polygon.com/tv/22561233/mcu-tv-shows-ranked-marvel-cinematic-universe

11. HAWKEYE (2021)
It’s reasonable that so many of the Marvel shows following Avengers: Endgame deal with that movie’s world-changing aftermath and the characters who are mourning, coming to terms with loss, and reflecting on their identities. But coming after several more dynamic shows dealing with the same issues, Hawkeye feels unusually small and low-key, with minimal ambitions and a notable lack of original unique elements. It gets a little borrowed energy by bringing in a dangling plot thread from Black Widow and a villain from Netflix’s Daredevil, but mostly it feels like an attempt to introduce a new hero (Hailee Steinfeld as Kate Bishop) and to MCU-ify some other relative Marvel Comics obscurities. The show isn’t bad, it just isn’t much. —TR

More details - thankfully, he seems to be recovering...

Jeremy Renner Was Run Over by 7-Ton Snow Plow, Authorities Say
By Livia Albeck-Ripka Published Jan. 3, 2023  Updated Jan. 4, 2023
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/03/us/jeremy-renner-accident-snow-plow.html 

The actor Jeremy Renner, who was critically injured on Sunday, was run over by a snow plow weighing more than 14,000 pounds that he had used to tow his car on a snowed-in private road near his home in Reno, Nev., the authorities said on Tuesday.

Mr. Renner, 51, had been helping a family member who was driving the car and had gotten stuck, Sheriff Darin Balaam of Washoe County said during a news conference at which the authorities offered new details about the accident.

After successfully towing the car, Mr. Renner got off the plow, which then began to roll, the sheriff said. He said that Mr. Renner had attempted to get back into the driver’s seat to stop the rolling vehicle, but was “run over.”

On Tuesday, Mr. Renner, who underwent surgery on Monday and had “blunt chest trauma and orthopedic injuries,” remained in intensive care in critical but stable condition, according to a statement from his representative, Samantha Mast.

A photograph posted on Mr. Renner’s Instagram profile showed him bruised, wearing a hospital gown. “Thank you all for your kind words. 🙏. Im too messed up now to type. But I send love to you all,” he said in a caption beneath the image.
Ms. Mast, the representative, said that Mr. Renner was “making positive progress and is awake, talking and in good spirits.”
Sheriff Balaam said these treacherous conditions had made Mr. Renner’s rescue challenging, as several cars had been abandoned along the roadways near his house, and a major highway was closed.

The authorities, he added, had received the first 911 call just before 9 a.m. on Sunday, and had arrived at the scene of the accident by 9:30 a.m., before airlifting Mr. Renner to a hospital just before 10 a.m.

Edited by tv echo
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Avengers Musical from Hawkeye Will (Sorta) Come to Life This Summer
By Matt Webb Mitovich / February 23 2023
https://tvline.com/2023/02/23/hawkeye-rogers-the-avengers-musical-disney-california-adventure-park/

It was announced on Thursday that Rogers: The Musical — the (fictional) Broadway show within the MCU TV series Hawkeye — has booked a “limited time” engagement this summer at the Hyperion Stage inside the Disneyland-adjacent Disney California Adventure Park.

Further details on the short, one-act musical are to come; watch the Peggy Carter-centric teaser below.

Edited by tv echo
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

The Hyperion Theater at Disney California Adventure Park

"Rogers: The Musical" – inspired by the Hawkeye TV Series is an all-new, 30-minute, one-act live theater production performing for a limited time, June 30-Aug. 31, 2023.

• LOL 1

Positive reviews...

Rogers: The Musical Review: A Super Show For a Super Soldier
By CAMERON BONOMOLO - June 29, 2023
https://comicbook.com/irl/news/rogers-the-musical-review-marvel-captain-america-musical-disneyland-resort/

Review: Disneyland delivers the Marvel musical you didn’t know you wanted or needed
By Brady MacDonald   June 30, 2023
https://www.marinij.com/2023/06/30/review-disneyland-delivers-the-marvel-musical-you-didnt-know-you-wanted-or-needed/

Disneyland Marvel-Themed Rogers: The Musical REVIEW, Is it Worth Your Time?
By Gavin Doyle    June 30, 2023
https://mickeyvisit.com/disneyland-rogers-the-musical-avengers/

• Useful 1

Disney Needed to Change 1 Part of 'Rogers: The Musical' from Hawkeye (Exclusive)
By Savannah Sanders  August 07, 2023
https://thedirect.com/article/hawkeye-rogers-the-musical-disney-change-exclusive 

The Direct's Savannah Sanders spoke exclusively with Rogers: The Musical's conductor and composer Christopher Lennertz on how this fictional Broadway show became a reality at the Disneyland Resort. 
However, when bringing the number to the show, Lennertz and the team found that how the Avengers were introduced needed to change. 

• Thanks 1

0623-2656stb.jpg?auto=webp&width=4866&he

Rogers: The Musical cast album is releasing digitally on September 15, 2023.

12 Song Tracklist

"U.S. Opening Night," Bella Hicks, Krystle Rose' Simmons, Alex Karukas, Matthew P. Selby, Rogers: The Musical – Cast

"I Want You," Josey Montana McCoy

"Star-Spangled Man," Bella Hicks, Krystle Rose' Simmons, Rogers: The Musical – Cast

"Just One Dance (Preprise 1)," Luke Monday, Rachel Wirtz

"Star-Spangled Man (Reprise)/Just One Dance (Preprise 2)," Luke Monday, Rachel Wirtz

"What You Missed," Jay Donnell, Bella Hicks, Krystle Rose' Simmons, Luke Monday

"Save the City," Bella Hicks, Andrew Hubert, Luke Monday, Alex Karukas, Rogers: The Musical – Cast

"Save the City (Playoff)," Luke Monday, Rogers: The Musical – Cast

"End of the Line," Luke Monday, Josey Montana McCoy

"Just One Dance," Rachel Wirtz, Luke Monday

"Rogers: The Musical Finale/Save the City (Reprise)," Luke Monday, Rachel Wirtz, Josey Montana McCoy, Jay Donnell, Andrew Huber, Bella Hicks, Krystle Rose' Simmons, Alex Karukas

"Rogers: The Musical (Playoff)," Christopher Lennertz, Alex Karukas

• Useful 1