Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Crazy In Love

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I haven’t had a chance to watch the whole episode yet, but when he was talking to her on the phone it sounded to me like she was trying to stifle her laughter and not crack up. 

She has almost the same accent and halting speaking style as Elena on Little Women LA.

Anyone notice that Jennifer is from the same place as Pao?

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, 100Proof said:

Darcy belongs in an asylum.  American Horror Story season 2 kind. Better yet, make that S04.... Freak Show

I believe I have the same facial expression watching recent seasons of 90 day as when I used to watch AHS. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

I’m questioning whether Cesar is such a nice guy. He obviously wouldn’t be spending all this money if she didn’t look like a Barbie, and he’s pretty doofy looking to me, although my husband said he’s a good looking guy. When the producer asked if maybe she was sending the same videos to others, his dumb face looked enraged, like that had never dawned on him. Why is he still riding a bike with no car?

I’m not trying to offend anyone, but Tim really looks to me like a person born female who is going through reassignment. At the gym with no muscles, he even looked like he had a little chest, very feminine features. I like his personality and how he freely admits to overcompensating.

Darcy is still a wretched idiot. Wheeeee girls, isn’t this fun? Look how much I enjoy life! The girls looked ready to move out as soon as she’s gone to her next controller. Love how he’s sending a driver because her breath might stink.

Rebecca is a damn fool for cat fishing with those filters. It didn’t just smooth her skin, it removed 40 lbs and 20 years! She’s adorable, why set him up like that?

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, vintagesac said:

Rebecca is a damn fool for cat fishing with those filters. It didn’t just smooth her skin, it removed 40 lbs and 20 years! She’s adorable, why set him up like that?

But, ugh.... arms full of tats. Sorry, but small tat somewhere fine. But covering up a lot of skin just makes me gag. You've mutilated yourself afaic. And as one gets older and skin starts sagging..... fooking hell. 

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, 100Proof said:

But, ugh.... arms full of tats. Sorry, but small tat somewhere fine. But covering up a lot of skin just makes me gag. You've mutilated yourself afaic. And as one gets older and skin starts sagging..... fooking hell. 

First time I saw sleeve tattoos on a grandmother.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Spike said:

First time I saw sleeve tattoos on a grandmother.

yeah, lol. usually its a battleship across the chest area or kilroy was here or something. (those of a certain age get it)

Well, we had the baby boomer retirement explosion, coming up is all the folks who tat'd up their bods while young and now we're heading for a granny grossness explosion

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, 100Proof said:

yeah, lol. usually its a battleship across the chest area or kilroy was here or something. (those of a certain age get it)

Well, we had the baby boomer retirement explosion, coming up is all the folks who tat'd up their bods while young and now we're heading for a granny grossness explosion

All those tramp stamps come home to roost. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

I will begin the roasting with Avery, a freshly baked Muslim with a still uncooked center.

Normally, I would dismiss the fears that she might join ISIS as irrational, borderline racist poppycock from her family members.

But after watching the whole segments, I'm utterly convinced that she has the perfect combination of traits that would make her an easy and enthusiastic recruit for the next terrorist cell or organized crime enterprise that half-ass try to lure her. Or a hostage. She's absolutely daft enough for this. Romanticizing living in a war-torn country, lacking any forethought or planning, and longing for an iron rule upon her life, she's a perfect mark.

For some reason she seems to crave the tight swaddle of authoritarian structure. Well... she does, for now. It's the flavor of the moment. Did she yearn for the Muslim faith, or to surrender her daily decision making in a misguided search for utopia? "Something to keep me in line and on the right path" were her exact words. To this end, she now adheres to a rigid set of instructions of what to eat, how to dress, when to pray, etc. No dating in Islam! No kissing before marriage!

She tried to cajole her family into learning Arabic - a preposterous request. They may learn a few words for fun, but it's not her business to make this request. "You guys can deal with what I do," she hisses to her family, as she is keeping secret that he already proposed and she is flying to Lebanon to marry him and move to Syria.

Why is her mother indulging her recklessness by accompanying her to Lebanon? Since Avery needs structure so much, why not give her what she needs and coerce her to wait a 5 year cool off period before marrying this guy? He proposed without meeting her, a huge red flag she refuses to reckon.

I eyerolled pretty hard at the "King & Queen" texts. People really fall for this nonsense? She was really gobbling it up.

I totally got pageant cheer coach mom vibes from her mom. The little toddler has cheerleader gymnast bows in her hair and Mom was totally wearing a gymnast/cheer t shirt and warm up jacket for perhaps her own business idk. My money says mom is her momager or coach and Avery gave it up due to injury and misses the attention or structure of schedule or revolt against the structure she has had w her gymnastics life. No offense to anyone competing at a high level on the up and up with excellent coaches. I just get a vibe of dysfunctional boundaries with everyone in the same house and such a switch from an extreme schedule of elite gymnastics to a sudden personality shift and the conversion to Islam. I hope she that was was not a Larry Nassar victim or along those lines. Going from the nightclub look to covering  everything suggests some trigger for the 180 degree shift. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 16
38 minutes ago, Spike said:

She has almost the same accent and halting speaking style as Elena on Little Women LA.

Anyone notice that Jennifer is from the same place as Pao?

God, I would love to see a buddy show with Tim and Russ as private eyes, driving around in the Ferrari, using those fancy guns, maybe busting catfish. Pole could be the wacky sidekick, and Karine the secretary/receptionist who has to use Google translate to answer the phone.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, BravoAddict72 said:

Did anyone catch the picture of Caesar with a child on his fridge? Does he have children? Or an ex?

He did refer to his ex as the woman who got him into being a nail tech but no mention (yet) what their relationship was. 

2 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

That said, she did weakly mention that Omar's profile said he was in America, not Syria, so she may have at least attempted to date a Muslim closer to home first. 

Yes, she thought that he put that "accidentally." I'm not buying that for a second. He obviously wanted to lure an American girl. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 16
50 minutes ago, 100Proof said:

Seeing all the photos and Zied mementos, I wonder if she gets tats to memorialize her relationships and her three ex husbands are featured on them. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Have we ever seen a season this delusional? I don't think a single couple on here is in a remotely reciprocal relationship. The closest I can tell is Darcey and her Brit, and even that one seems doomed.

Heathrow in particular has private lounges that any passenger can buy a pass to. I actually used one a couple of weeks ago and it was the best £40 I've ever spent. All kinds of delicious food, drinks, wifi, quiet spaces to relax, and for another £12 I got a private shower. I didn't want to leave!

Avery is such a textbook version of That Girl who's always getting into something and acting like it's her true identity, and then you ask her about it a year later and she's like "Mus-what? I'm a Pastafarian now, duh. And I work for PETA. Have you tried essential oils?"

That said, she did weakly mention that Omar's profile said he was in America, not Syria, so she may have at least attempted to date a Muslim closer to home first. 

I am so done with the whole "X culture is unique because it has family values" trope. Like what do they think the rest of the world does? Every culture has family values. It's how cultures persist. Some may be more reserved or have smaller families or different traditions, but acting like one country is superior because they have an overtly demonstrative version of family is silly and frankly a bit racist.

I could also live without the "pretty girls are delicate birds who must eat rainbows and clouds and the rest of you can peck French fries off the sidewalk" mentality. It's a cousin to using some variation of "beautiful" to describe why a missing or murdered child is exceptionally tragic. Gee, I guess if Kyron Horman weren't cute we wouldn't even bother looking for him, right, guys??? In conclusion, this guy is dumb.

I was wondering that, too. Like @Gobi mentioned, it's probably legal if the tracker is the legal owner of the vehicle. (Maybe also the insurer?) Or it could be legal due to a loophole since privacy laws can be spotty in general. 

All of this x100000000

I especially detested the way suave Tim talked about beautiful women band you are so right about the racist aspect. Grosss

• Love 3
1 hour ago, PinkFlamingo said:

I think this is one you don’t have to put a lot of thought into. Darcy simply had to find a new overseas guy quickly so she could stay on this show. So she quickly went with a guy that she already knew and could have dated a couple times ago. Her main deal is a need for attention, and appearances trump all else. She doesn’t realize that it has the opposite effect and she just looks desperate.  Her personality is partially a side effect of a string of bad decision making and reaping the seeds she sowed with delusion. She is also immature, insecure and overly emotional, and if she made better decisions she would have less to cry about. 

I don’t see that guy as a match for her at all. She probably went with him more out of desperation and if she could have dated him before and didn’t, there was probably a reason. 

You can tell he doesn’t like being second best to Jesse even if this is just to be a teevee Star. Darcey will never let Jesse go. I laughed when she said he wanted mediation. As Steven Tyler so poetically put it “dream on”.

• Love 8

Okay, but Tom looked different in the "Coming Up" clips we saw at the end versus his photos from when Darcy was talking about him, right? I'm not losing my mind? He seemed hotter/younger in those photos.

• Love 12
14 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Alas! There was to be more bad news in the form of her Rasputin look-alike boyfriend reciting tired old love clichés with the halted, monotone delivery of a mortician. "I lahve yuuu muuhhhhhhhhhRRRRRRR. Yoh a' mahne!" Serious question, was he trolling her?

That was so unbelievably creepy. He sounded like a knock off Dracula. I hope he was trolling her hard.

giphy.gif

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, Angry Moldovan said:

The irony is that Colin Firth’s seminal role was as Mr Darcy. Spooky huh?

There was a moment during the “This Season On...” when Tom turned his head to the side (we saw a profile shot of him) and he really did resemble Colin Firth! Did anyone else see it as well?

We already instinctively know Darcy doesn’t even know who Colin Firth is, which almost makes me feel a wee bit sad for her. Almost. 

• LOL 4
14 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Good Lord! Being a nail technician must pay well if Cesear can afford to send $800 a month and over $40,000 total! 

I'm thinking he either took it out of his retirement fund or...his mother did.  Which is just a thought, and I HOPE I'm wrong and that isn't borrowed money.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

I'm thinking he either took it out of his retirement fund or...his mother did.  Which is just a thought, and I HOPE I'm wrong and that isn't borrowed money.

He said he's been "dating" her for five years. If he was stupid enough (and is there any doubt?) to start sending her $800.00 a month after the first few months, he had enough time to send her $40K.

Edited by Gobi
  • Love 3

What's up with the state of NC and 90 Day?  This is my state so, I was a little surprised to see TWO more contestants, I mean cast members from here.  Ceasar is from Jacksonville (military town) and Timothy from Charlotte (large city and financial center of the state).  Recall Jonathon from earlier season was from Lumberton, NC.  Fernando was from Mexico.   

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Tim looked very familiar to me. It's almost like I've seen him on youtube, making a video about how to go from incel to stud in 5 easy steps. (hint: make a lot of money, purchase day-glo veneers,  and drive around in a douche mobile) 

Rebecca. The coffee mug with her online bf's face left me feeling disturbed, yet entertained at the same time. She definitely a 'Fatal Attraction' type.

"I will not be ignored, Zied!" 

Darcey. British Tommy was there for you during the Jesse phase. Righto. She probably has a Facebook Romeo in every country as potential fiancé backup.

Jesse, Jesse, Jesse. How many times can you say Jesse? 

Any man who is at least 15 years younger with a door knocker sized cubic zironia ring will do for melting plastic faced Barbie. Tom-Tom is looking for 15 minutes, and is as thirsty as Jesse. 

Avery is in for a world of hurt. She's definitely a rebel without a clue. She's converted to Islam but still has a Christian cross tat on her hand. I'm sure that'll go over well in Syria. She won't be able to be whimsical and free-spirited over there.

Ceasar. The very definition of Stupid. It never occurred to him the first time she made up lies about not being able to see him in person that she is fake, and using him as an ATM. It is 5 years later, and this succubus is still draining money from him, and he still doesn't get it. Doh. 

Edited by Barbara Please
  • Love 16

Thanks to Avery, Nicole is no longer the dumbest girl on this show. Avery wants to live in Syria! I can't, do you understand? I CANNOT. This is possibly the craziest thing I've heard on this show and that's saying quite a bit. Syrians are risking life and limb to get out of there, and this fool is trying to figure out a way in. What a little idiot. 

Ceasar is so obviously getting scammed. These Ukrainians and Russians need to offer courses in this because I need to take it. Some fool needs to send me $800 a month, dang.

Rebecca could do better than her weird, scary-looking Tunisian. Maybe she just needs to move so she can have a different dating pool or something.

I don't care about the Russ and Pao wannabes. The ex-fiancee is territorial and annoys me, though. She's got a pretty sweet deal, getting Russ-wannabe to support her kid.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
13 minutes ago, Gobi said:

He said he's been "dating" her for five years. If he was stupid enough (and is there any doubt?) to start sending her $800.00 a month after the first few months, he had enough time to send her $40K.

Exactly. He's been scrimping and saving and doing without so he could send "Maria" money. He doesn't have a car, he probably doesn't have cable, he cooks for himself, gets his clothes at thrift shops. If he lives alone his expenses are probably minimal. And if he has a retirement account I'll eat my hat. I doubt that the nail salon offers that as a benefit, and I can't see Caesar setting one up on his own. He's just spending every single cent he can get his hands on to send to "Maria" in Ukraine. What an idiot.

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

What's up with the state of NC and 90 Day?  This is my state so, I was a little surprised to see TWO more contestants, I mean cast members from here.  Ceasar is from Jacksonville (military town) and Timothy from Charlotte (large city and financial center of the state).  Recall Jonathon from earlier season was from Lumberton, NC.  Fernando was from Mexico.   

Yeah there have been a lot from Georgia and Florida as well.  Doesn’t reflect well on the region lol.  Maybe those states have tax credits for filming.   I know Georgia does.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, Cammi said:

15 years ago guys hadda step up their game sending flowers to their woman, taking them out to eat, vacations, buying jewelry etc. Fast forward to today- a 48 year old woman is over the moon giddy and feels loved cuz some lazy eyed Tunisian sends her lots of heart emojis. JFC ffs. I blame Disney for this wanting to find Prince Charming crap. It’s cute at 14, not so much at almost 50.

Yep...and women actually had to look good without using a "filter" to gain the attention of potential male suitors. Those days are long gone.

• Love 7
18 hours ago, AllisonWonderland said:

Ok, so I think Rebecca (is that the filter one?) is totally adorable even without the filters, especially for 46! I think she's done herself a serious disservice by digging in on the "Wook at me, I just a sweet baby foxy woxy!" thing, because where he very likely *wouldn't* have been disappointed before, now he very possibly will be. Sucks, bruh* 

*bruh = both of them. 

If Rebecca replaced the time she spends on makeup and lighting with an hour or two at the gym a few times a week, she could actually look decent. Sadly, she would prefer to lie to him about her appearance. She acts like a 8-year-old child.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Spike said:

All those tramp stamps come home to roost. 

LOL, I'll never forget going out on a date with a guy and he was super cool and I really was into him......and then somehow the back of his shirt came up....and I saw he had a tramp stamp.

....I mean, I was at an age where I didn't even know how to ask about it in a classy way.  I think maybe he just didn't know?  But it was a classic tramp stamp....like the semi tribal pattern....on the small of his back 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
59 minutes ago, Nancybeth said:

Okay, but Tom looked different in the "Coming Up" clips we saw at the end versus his photos from when Darcy was talking about him, right? I'm not losing my mind? He seemed hotter/younger in those photos.

Don’t they all? 😂

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, RealReality said:

LOL, I'll never forget going out on a date with a guy and he was super cool and I really was into him......and then somehow the back of his shirt came up....and I saw he had a tramp stamp.

....I mean, I was at an age where I didn't even know how to ask about it in a classy way.  I think maybe he just didn't know?  But it was a classic tramp stamp....like the semi tribal pattern....on the small of his back 

I have also heard them described as targets for when guys ahem finish.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Nancybeth said:

They ALL look younger/hotter in their photos.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Caesar looks like if Ray Allen fell on hard times and he has the personality of Zach Galifianakis’  “twin brother,” Seth. If he has an extra 800 bucks every month, I think I have been seriously under tipping my nail techs.

I wouldn't say Caesar makes so much money as a nail tech. I would guess that he sends his scammer almost all of his money judging by the way he lives. Rides bike, no car. Has to ask boss for loans. Clips grocery store coupons. Always talking about how broke he is. Works 7 days a week.  Lives in a sad apartment with sad furniture. So why people are assuming he makes so much money is beyond me. Just take a look at his depressing life. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

Tom has one of those kinda handsome but really not British faces like some of those guys from the 80s new romantic period.  Think the male singer from Animotion or the singers from ABC or Spandau Ballet.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, milner said:

Did Darcy and Stacey get new boobs?  They certainly look bigger. Overall they are not very attractive women  And how do they afford that house?

Their dad probably pays for their house. He paid for the terrible sizzle reel for their failed reality TV show, The Twin Life.

While no longer pursuing his dream of being a middle-aged white rapper, Darcey's ex doesn't seem to be rolling in dough. He's a real estate agent and runs a small bed and breakfast. Stacey's ex is a retired soccer player who runs a youth soccer academy and has been the assistant coach or manager for a number of US soccer teams.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, LaLaLaLa said:

If Rebecca replaced the time she spends on makeup and lighting with an hour or two at the gym a few times a week, she could actually look decent.

Really?  She's much more than decent.  She's pretty cute.  If anything needs work, it's her self-esteem.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, vintagesac said:

Darcy is still a wretched idiot. Wheeeee girls, isn’t this fun? Look how much I enjoy life!

Do they still live with their dad (hopefully)?   Gurrrrrls!  Feel the energy in these bowling balls.  EGAD!    I can't decide which she is more: nutcase or desperate for "showbiz."

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Their dad probably pays for their house. He paid for the terrible sizzle reel for their failed reality TV show, The Twin Life.

I could only stomach 4 minutes of that. Interesting that their "new" house from last night is the same one they were living in 12 years ago. With their dad, evidently. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, Mercolleen said:

I could only stomach 4 minutes of that. Interesting that their "new" house from last night is the same one they were living in 12 years ago. With their dad, evidently. 

Makes you wonder when this was filmed because in Pillow Talk they were still sharing that condo.  

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Really?  She's much more than decent.  She's pretty cute.  If anything needs work, it's her self-esteem.

Uh...yeah. She even stated that she needs to use "filters" to make herself look pretty. Maybe she looks "pretty cute" with the filters making her look 19 again with 50 lbs less to carry around. She can't live in filter world forever. (I had never heard of filters until she mentioned using them.)

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, LaLaLaLa said:

Uh...yeah. She even stated that she needs to use "filters" to make herself look pretty. Maybe she looks "pretty cute" with the filters making her look 19 again with 50 lbs less to carry around. She can't live in filter world forever. (I had never heard of filters until she mentioned using them.)

Yeah a lot of people on these shows have used these apps to mislead potential romantic partners.  Hacking off decades and poundage.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Spike said:

Yeah a lot of people on these shows have used these apps to mislead potential romantic partners.  Hacking off decades and poundage.

It's modern day catfishing.  I think Rebecca looks fine without the filters, but there is something wrong in that beef stew, as evidenced by her creepy wall of zeid.  I wonder if she has developed her PI skills by stalking dudes before.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, vintagesac said:

I’m questioning whether Cesar is such a nice guy. He obviously wouldn’t be spending all this money if she didn’t look like a Barbie, and he’s pretty doofy looking to me, although my husband said he’s a good looking guy. When the producer asked if maybe she was sending the same videos to others, his dumb face looked enraged, like that had never dawned on him. Why is he still riding a bike with no car?

I’m not trying to offend anyone, but Tim really looks to me like a person born female who is going through reassignment. At the gym with no muscles, he even looked like he had a little chest, very feminine features. I like his personality and how he freely admits to overcompensating.

Darcy is still a wretched idiot. Wheeeee girls, isn’t this fun? Look how much I enjoy life! The girls looked ready to move out as soon as she’s gone to her next controller. Love how he’s sending a driver because her breath might stink.

This. Right here. Didn't have the guts to say it myself. I almost assumed he was a bio female. He looks like he has extra estrogen? Zero muscle tone, tiny shoulders, and he is just overall built very odd for a male. Sorry. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, RealReality said:

It's modern day catfishing.  I think Rebecca looks fine without the filters, but there is something wrong in that beef stew, as evidenced by her creepy wall of zeid.  I wonder if she has developed her PI skills by stalking dudes before.

She is focused on his green eyes. Let’s hope they aren’t contacts lol.  But other than the eyes I find him average to homely.  So unlike Laura on Other Way she is not really looking for hotter just younger and fitter.  

5 minutes ago, Cammi said:

This. Right here. Didn't have the guts to say it myself. I almost assumed he was a bio female. He looks like he has extra estrogen? Zero muscle tone, tiny shoulders, and he is just overall built very odd for a male. Sorry. 

He kinda looks like the FTM that was on Survivor a few seasons back.  He actually looked better when he was the nerdy D&D player.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Cammi said:

ok I wasn't thinking this, but something struck me as very strange looking on him that I couldn't quite pinpoint and I think this does it. Also quite bizarre fashion sense from the little I have seen.

• Love 4