Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E11: The Unfriended

2 hours ago, beadgirl said:

Good episode. I was sad to see Morland go (and knew he was doomed as soon as he sat down for tea) 

CNN will find footage of Morland entering the embassy and a shorter, heavier version exiting the back door.....

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

The experienced TV viewer in me says “body not shown, but they mention finding ID on the body” means he’s not dead.

But Sherlock also looked to Joan for some sort of confirmation, and she shook her head. Which could imply she’d made some sort of further identification. 

Could go either way, in my book.

(Thanks to a quick google, I just remembered that Dr House also fakes his own death in that series finale. So I suppose that by the time this is over, someone is fake dead no matter what.)

Edited by kieyra
  • Love 4

This was so sad.  I was surprised by the direction this episode took.  I believe that Morland is dead-the way his friend was interacting with him and speaking with him (especially stating that they were both no longer necessary) really made me believe that he was killed.  They even showed two "henchmen" walking towards him after he asked what would happen to Sherlock.  My hope for this show is that Sherlock and Joan do outwit him (outwit, outplay, outlast-it will be like an episode of Survivor...).

I am afraid that an ill wind is blowing towards Sherlock.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

This was so sad.  I was surprised by the direction this episode took.  I believe that Morland is dead-the way his friend was interacting with him and speaking with him (especially stating that they were both no longer necessary) really made me believe that he was killed.  They even showed two "henchmen" walking towards him after he asked what would happen to Sherlock. 

But, but, but . . .
It could be that they were sad that Sherlock would have to grieve because Morland would have to play dead forever . . .
but then Sherlock and Joan would outwit Odin, so Morland could live to fight another day?

• Love 3

For a mad second, when Sherlock told Gregson all, I was expecting the evil laugh MWAH HA HA from Gregson as he revealed he was Odin Reichenbach's disciple.  Then I realized Gregson wouldn't have been shot to start the season, which made me reflect on the convoluted nature of the writing, which again made me lament this sad, abbreviated tack-on season, and has me convinced more than ever that they should have ended with the season 6 finale.  Sigh . . . this arc is a bridge too far (over Reichenbach Falls!) and IMO a sad ending to a great series.  They have 2 episodes to change my mind.  

If Sherlock won't do it, why isn't Joan lighting the bat signal for Moriarty, telling her "Odin Reichenbach is being MEAN to us" and then sitting back to watch the fireworks?  What's the point of being under the protection of a criminal genius if you can't call on her when another criminal genius is targeting you, your family, and your friends?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
23 hours ago, 12catcrazy said:

And then we have that weird girl from a few episodes ago - WHAT IF SHE REALLY IS SHERLOCK'S DAUGHTER?

Speaking of children, they haven't said boo about Joan adopting a baby/child. I guess they've dropped this plotline? Not that I'm sad about that.

• Love 1

Joan said at the beginning of the season that she decided she couldn't adopt a child because their lifestyle was too dangerous. It's like she didn't think of that before? When they were openly discussing it and babyproofing the house?

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, possibilities said:

Joan said at the beginning of the season that she decided she couldn't adopt a child because their lifestyle was too dangerous. It's like she didn't think of that before? When they were openly discussing it and babyproofing the house?

Why don't I remember that? Am I getting old and forgetful? 😲

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, aemom said:

Speaking of children, they haven't said boo about Joan adopting a baby/child. I guess they've dropped this plotline? Not that I'm sad about that.

41 minutes ago, aemom said:
54 minutes ago, possibilities said:

Why don't I remember that? Am I getting old and forgetful? 😲

I forgot that too, which makes sense given that there has been no further mention of adoption. Now I'm wondering if the season 6 finale would've had a baby stroller if season 7 hadn't been pulled out of thin air at the last minute. 

And this means that if Sherlock gets killed off that Joan would not be volunteering to adopt a young, heretofore-unknown offspring of his (which I was wondering about).

But I don't think Sherlock should be killed off on this show because the character will live on beyond this show's incarnation of him -- but I guess that's not a very strong argument.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Now I'm wondering if the season 6 finale would've had a baby stroller if season 7 hadn't been pulled out of thin air at the last minute. 

Yes, I think there were actual photos posted by some spoiler site of JLM and LL walking with a stroller. Clearly that scene had to be cut after the unexpected renewal. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I really hope that they don’t go the route of Sherlock turning to drugs, and ending it off as the show began. 

Ugh, that would be as bad as killing him off.

• Love 3
On 8/2/2019 at 12:44 AM, TigerLynx said:

That was a somewhat anti-climatic end for Morland.  I wonder if he is really dead.

That was really the only thing I thought about this episode.  The way Bell phrased the fact that Morland had been identified seemed odd to me.  I think I mentioned (a lot, on different forums) that I hate the idea of "big bads".  It might not be a bad concept to have a single opponent who is a brilliant and perfectly evil criminal, but it always seems to lead to cartoonish stories.

Edited by Mermaid Under
spelling
  • Love 3

I'm a huge Elementary fan and for me this has been my least favorite season after the Shinwell story of several years ago.

Part of it is the limited number of shows for the year and the season long Odin story arc.

I like the Moreland character and to kill him off seems needless for the last season.

Maybe the season will have a decent ending but I'm not holding my breath.

• Love 4

I rarely prefer season-long Big Bad arcs to case-of-the-week adventures, and this season is no exception. I feel like I'm losing the plot, and losing interest in it. Can someone remind me why Gregson was shot? 

Curious if Morland will stay dead. Totally agree Bell's vague language was suspicious + the fake death in the original story + we haven't seen the body. But it probably serves the story best if he is, leaving after that exchange with Sherlock. Maybe they know we're a cynical lot and want to leave us hanging for a bit. 

We know that Sherlock and Joan are on the level about the lab woman was innocent, but why would the teacher believe them? Joan dropped off "every email she sent for a month" for her to look at, but that's in no way proof she hadn't done anything bad. If the teacher's emails were read, they wouldn't show anything either.

(I'm overly distracted by Joan's hair and makeup, which I hate because how an actor looks is not what I think is important or noteworthy. But she's so shiny!)

• Love 2
16 hours ago, snarktini said:

I rarely prefer season-long Big Bad arcs to case-of-the-week adventures, and this season is no exception. I feel like I'm losing the plot, and losing interest in it. Can someone remind me why Gregson was shot? 

Curious if Morland will stay dead. Totally agree Bell's vague language was suspicious + the fake death in the original story + we haven't seen the body. But it probably serves the story best if he is, leaving after that exchange with Sherlock. Maybe they know we're a cynical lot and want to leave us hanging for a bit. 

We know that Sherlock and Joan are on the level about the lab woman was innocent, but why would the teacher believe them? Joan dropped off "every email she sent for a month" for her to look at, but that's in no way proof she hadn't done anything bad. If the teacher's emails were read, they wouldn't show anything either.

(I'm overly distracted by Joan's hair and makeup, which I hate because how an actor looks is not what I think is important or noteworthy. But she's so shiny!)

I still can't get past the hair.  It's so awful.

• Love 1

Joan's blonde hair looks worse and worse with each episode!

I didn't want Morland to die and I'm afraid he is.  The last conversation he had with Sherlock about always showing up when Sherlock calls seemed to be Morland's way of saying I love you.  Even though they weren't a typical family or a close one, it's sad that Sherlock is the only one left. 

I can't believe there are only 2 episodes left.  I'm going to miss JLM on my screen every week.  He is such a brilliant actor and so underrated. 

• Love 8