Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: The Sign / S06.E13: New Life

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, Noneofyourbusiness said:

In the latter case she just quaked them apart as usual. Looking at the script for "Purpose in the Machine" to refresh my memory, she was able to replicate the frequency for opening the monolith only after being exposed to it at a deafening level herself. So she could have done it if they had blasted her with it first. On the other hand, the bracelets are more effective because they don't need Daisy to constantly use her powers on everyone, which is energy consuming for her and wouldn't allow for people leaving her vicinity. Remember, the bracelets prevent possession by Izel, they don't do anything about the Shrikes.

She wouldn’t need to be blasted with the frequency. Her mother showed her how to sense and resonate with the frequencies all around her. She would have just needed to exposed to it. Making the bracelets is smarter but they could have at least mentioned her ability in the conversation. 

I had the same issue when they were panicking because Sarge’s shrike repellent device stopped worked. Daisy should have been able to match the frequency immediately and not have waited for the high tension moment. When she did destroy the shrikes they used a completely different effect than her normal quake. They fact that they all   disintegrated at once made me think that she matched their frequency.

Like most of the inhumans her powers are rarely fully utilized because she and YoYo would be too powerful for most of the stories to work. 

Edited by Guest
11 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Too bad Mack hadn't given Yoyo that Ball Gag he got her for a Getting Back Together present. She might have been Shrike proof.

Honestly a bandanna over the mouth would not have been aniss going into the situation. Low tech. 

• Love 2

A really great ending to what I felt was quite a mediocre season. Having never seen any promos I thought May died when she was stabbed and then died again when she came back through the portal (thank goodness she is alright, or will be soon).

Next season looks like it should be great fun though!

• Love 4

I need to watch again, but after a first viewing, I came away with a heaviness in my heart that once again Fitz and Simmons had to be separated. Simmons seemed so sad when she said she didn't know where Fitz was and that she couldn't know. 

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, bethy said:

I need to watch again, but after a first viewing, I came away with a heaviness in my heart that once again Fitz and Simmons had to be separated. Simmons seemed so sad when she said she didn't know where Fitz was and that she couldn't know. 

I wo der if Simmons will be i. The 30s and Fitz in the 50s?

Am I the only one that expected ghost rider to show up? They mentioned him a lot over the last few episodes and the episode description says the team has to go to hell and back. I guess I took it too literally. 

I didn't really expect May to die but I thought Yoyo might have. 

I have mixed feelings about this finale. Usually I watch the entire season(s) sceptical about where they're going with it and the finales  are so good at making the pieces fall into place I'm like, that was awesome! This is such a great show! But this finale I have to say I was confused for most of it. 

Of course I'll be watching next season but I do hope they go out with a bang and have me wanting to recommend to anyone and everyone this is a series they need to binge. 

• Love 6

I was so over Izel and it took too long to end her. I'm glad Coulson wasn't in Sarge but I still don't understand why he looked like him.

Why couldn't Daisy just quake/blast the zombie army. Didn't she bring down a building once and destroy a forest? I was as confused as Mac when she ran to the plane.

I think they will bounce around a lot in time next season, I don't think they will stay in one decade too long.

I'm happy no one died and we get robot Coulson. I'm not happy FitzSimmons are separated and if the show ends with them not being together :-(

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, foxfreakinmulder said:

I was so over Izel and it took too long to end her. I'm glad Coulson wasn't in Sarge but I still don't understand why he looked like him.

Why couldn't Daisy just quake/blast the zombie army. Didn't she bring down a building once and destroy a forest? I was as confused as Mac when she ran to the plane.

I think they will bounce around a lot in time next season, I don't think they will stay in one decade too long.

I'm happy no one died and we get robot Coulson. I'm not happy FitzSimmons are separated and if the show ends with them not being together 😞

I thought that I did before Daisy quaked away the body which also matched Coulson's DNA. When the monoliths were blown up and the fear dimension, Creation monolith was making up things from our fears, Coulson knowng that he was terminal went into the rift to capture the energy in that gravitation sphere.  While there a body was created and taken over by Sarge the same way Izel was taking bodies but something went wrong and the spirit of Coulson rebelled against him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, Raja said:

I thought that I did before Daisy quaked away the body which also matched Coulson's DNA. When the monoliths were blown up and the fear dimension, Creation monolith was making up things from our fears, Coulson knowng that he was terminal went into the rift to capture the energy in that gravitation sphere.  While there a body was created and taken over by Sarge the same way Izel was taking bodies but something went wrong and the spirit of Coulson rebelled against him.

That’s my understanding too. It doesn’t really make sense to me that some of the creations disappeared but Coulson was real. I decided to give up trying to figure that out with Mac and YoYo were able to create a version of Flint with all of his memories and powers. 

I’m glad we’re getting a new LMD version of Coulson. It would be depressing if the last we saw of him was a version that was tormented for centuries. 

1 hour ago, foxfreakinmulder said:

Because they needed to delay the rest of the team helping May and she can only uses her powers after tension has been ratcheted up a significant amount.

I understand that the episodes would be really short and anticlimactic if they let Daisy and YoYo fully use their powers but I wish they would at list attempt to come up with an in story explanation. 

Edited by Guest

So I guess Yo-Yos poor dead boyfriend shouldn't have it slow reaction time personally, she just really sucks at keeping those things out of peoples windpipes, including her own! Use that super speed and those robot hands!

I thought that was a pretty good finale, they wrapped up pretty much everything from this season when it comes to the major plots, and left us at a pretty interesting place for next season. Will they stay in what I think is the 30s, or jump around in time a bunch? Yeah it would be super cool to run into some characters that existed in that time period, like Peggy Carter or Tripps Howling Commando grandpa, but we already will presumably have a lot of other crap going on so who knows? 

I really thought that May would die or Sarge would turn into Coulson, but I was happy to be wrong on both counts. Bringing Coulson back as a robot is more interesting and has less baggage than Sarge, a guy who was at best a very dark anti hero before we went full evil. I am also really happy that May didn't die, and that we managed to get through the whole episode without a major death. Coulson dying was bad enough, even if this other version is now going to be around. 

May vs three creepy weirdos in Death Eater cosplay? Yeah, May didn't even have to break a sweat.

My two favorite bits were small, when Mack called Deke "Agent Show" and he looked so proud and happy when he called Mack director, and later when Piper angrily told the departing team to make double sure to kill that evil body snatching piece of shit. Even if too much is going on to really dwell on it, you can tell how much Davis's death is affecting her. 

So for next season, we do have a lot of balls still up in the air to be dealt with. Piper and Flint are still around presumably in the present day, we dont know where Fitz is exactly or what has happened with Jemma and her crew since then, etc. Also, are Fitz and Jemma separated again?!

• Love 6

I think the difference between Flint and the, well, nightmare things from last season is that all the other creations were built on fears, they never had a basis in reality. But Flint was based on the memories of two people of a real person. He is kind of Macks and Yoyo child (and I bet that the show will end with those three settling down as a family, giving Mack the opportunity to be a father again, and leaving room for Daisy becoming the leader of shield, with PhilMD and May as her advisors).

• Love 7

I really really loathed this season but I enjoyed the way these two episodes wrapped it up.  Everything all nice and neat, of course nobody major is dead.

I am actually looking forward to the team being in New York in the 1930s.  I love historical period pieces, and I think it will add a twist to this show.

Looking back on the history of this show... what really had drawn me in to this show when it was first announced was the possibility of seeing Marvel superheroes on TV on a weekly basis.  I get that it would have been too expensive on a regular basis but why not more often?  Remember when the Lady Sif showed up?  At least we had regular Marvel super villains or others.  We had the blacklight/darkforce guy, Graviton, Deathlok.

But somewhere along the way this show got too weird and started delving into frameworks and space travel and time travel and LMDs etc.  I still don't fully understand what the point of this whole season was.  Some beings from some world that don't have bodies have put themselves into birds and then going to transfer their essence into human bodies?  Who exactly were the zombies?  People that Izel had infected with her song?  People that got bit by birds but didn't swallow them?  

Seemed to me that the whole season was just one long convoluted plot to bring back Coulson.  I hated the Sarge character and midway through the season I stopped completely caring whether he was or wasn't Coulson.

On 8/3/2019 at 1:19 AM, swanpride said:

Honestly, I wouldn't mind to have Coulson gone for good.

On 8/3/2019 at 2:51 AM, NUguy514 said:

I agree on Coulson.  I've never thought there was anything remotely interesting about him (part of that is due to Clark Gregg's terrible acting; I mean, some of his line readings tonight were seriously horrendous), and the hagiography the show has created around him is so annoying.  Every other long-time character (i.e. not Deke) on the show is so much more interesting and dynamic, and I lose so much interest anytime Coulson or a Coulson simulacrum is onscreen.

I feel the exact same way about Coulson.  I get that he was in the movies originally and then died and came back to life so there is all this backstory around him and he is supposed to be the heart of the show... but I've never liked him.  I think the actor is terrible, the character is boring, and I have been wanting him dead for years so that Melinda May could have taken over.

Now we have LMD Coulson, oh goody...  No doubt by series end, they are going to find a way to find "Real" Coulson in the timestream (or a version of Coulson from another timeline that somehow has the exact identical memories to "their" Coulson) so that May and Coulson can have their happy ending.  Le sigh.

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I really really loathed this season but I enjoyed the way these two episodes wrapped it up.  Everything all nice and neat, of course nobody major is dead.

I am actually looking forward to the team being in New York in the 1930s.  I love historical period pieces, and I think it will add a twist to this show.

Looking back on the history of this show... what really had drawn me in to this show when it was first announced was the possibility of seeing Marvel superheroes on TV on a weekly basis.  I get that it would have been too expensive on a regular basis but why not more often?  Remember when the Lady Sif showed up?  At least we had regular Marvel super villains or others.  We had the blacklight/darkforce guy, Graviton, Deathlok.

But somewhere along the way this show got too weird and started delving into frameworks and space travel and time travel and LMDs etc.  I still don't fully understand what the point of this whole season was.  Some beings from some world that don't have bodies have put themselves into birds and then going to transfer their essence into human bodies?  Who exactly were the zombies?  People that Izel had infected with her song?  People that got bit by birds but didn't swallow them?  

After big brother Joss Whedon left and the divorce between Perlmutter and Feige it is like Disney withdrew support. They were only allowed Ghost Rider and the LMDs as additional comics characters they could use without tripping over possible later Disney + miniseries or movies. The point of the season 5 was to save the world before the Avengers saved the universe from Thanos. But TPTB missed their bet on just how the Avengers would defeat Thanos and lost all continuity to the Avengers/MCU movies and we are left with mutliverse timeline explanations. With a time travel season coming and knowledge of Avengers Endgame while the production was ongoing they do have the opportunity to punch their story back into continuity.

The zombies were the result of the Shrike, who were not shattered earlier by Quake, taking over a human host by flying down their mouths as with Yo-Yo. That Shrike just didn't have time to take over Yo-Yo before Izel was killed and just like the Chitauri in the Avengers when the boss died all of her Shrike died with her.

• Love 1
On 8/2/2019 at 9:14 PM, Lantern7 said:

Oh, and how hard was it for Elena to keep her mouth shut? Or could Shrikes forces mouths open that easily?

Well they are presumably optimized for that type of attack, so they should be good at it. I get that they were going for a body horror effect, but it looked slow and clumsy and implausible. Ultimately, a fade in to the victim like they did for Izel might have worked better?

On 8/2/2019 at 10:15 PM, thuganomics85 said:

I really can't figure out Yo-Yo's powers sometimes, because I would think she would have been able to grab the strife bat in time.  At least it's not quite as bad as how inconsistent Barry's powers are on The Flash, but there always seems to be a struggle with speed powers in superhero shows.

My impression is that in Yo-yo's case, she has to make a conscious decision to speed up, and that decision making process takes place in a brain running at normal speed. She can be surprised or confused and won't necessarily realize it's time for some speed before something bad happens. 

The Flash has been written lots of ways in various media at various times, but I think typically his startle response will trigger his speed reflexively. (In his comic origin story he catches a dropping restaurant tray as one of his first acts of superspeed, almost without realizing it). So I'd say he has a bit of an edge in this respect.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, Latverian Diplomat said:

Well they are presumably optimized for that type of attack, so they should be good at it. I get that they were going for a body horror effect, but it looked slow and clumsy and implausible. Ultimately, a fade in to the victim like they did for Izel might have worked better?

My impression is that in Yo-yo's case, she has to make a conscious decision to speed up, and that decision making process takes place in a brain running at normal speed. She can be surprised or confused and won't necessarily realize it's time for some speed before something bad happens. 

The Flash has been written lots of ways in various media at various times, but I think typically his startle response will trigger his speed reflexively. (In his comic origin story he catches a dropping restaurant tray as one of his first acts of superspeed, almost without realizing it). So I'd say he has a bit of an edge in this respect.

The Flash and Quicksilver  also do not with have the Achilles heel of snapping back to where they started at the next beat of their heart. Now if only May didn't catch one going for Deke earlier I could have  head cannoned that the Shrike in needing a special frequency, either from Daisy or the special material knives/bullets to kill them. So that even if we where shown Yo-Yo at speed neither normal human strength nor six million dollar arms  could rip a Shrike apart when she snapped back to her original position.

• Love 1

I also find the shrike attack unconvincingly slow.  Today it occurred to me that the digital effects are part of the problem.  In order to animate the shrike consistently, the actor probably can't grab at it.  He/she needs to keep relatively still so that the CGI shots line up.

I'm comparing it to a similar alien with practical effects, like the facehugger attack in the 1986 Aliens.  The attack is from :40 to 1:40; stop right at 1:40 to avoid a major plot spoiler.  This feels like a struggle.

I am watching now, and just started the Econ’s episode. Perhaps I should comment or ask these question when I have finished watching but here goes anyway?

1. I am confused on how Fitz is the same Fitz that died. I mean if the other survived, there would be two Fitzes? Ummmm...

2. I am definitely even more confused on how the thought of Sarge being Coulson can even be true. (And I am saying the same about Flint.)

3. I am also confused on what changed in the Chronicoms programming.

I guess these were more statements than questions.

32 minutes ago, Enigma X said:

I am watching now, and just started the Econ’s episode. Perhaps I should comment or ask these question when I have finished watching but here goes anyway?

1. I am confused on how Fitz is the same Fitz that died. I mean if the other survived, there would be two Fitzes? Ummmm...

2. I am definitely even more confused on how the thought of Sarge being Coulson can even be true. (And I am saying the same about Flint.)

3. I am also confused on what changed in the Chronicoms programming.

I guess these were more statements than questions.

The Chromicom's leader, the hunter who staged a coup is able to send out a signal. In an earlier episode telling Enoch he was decommissioned. Now the other anthropologist may have voluntarily accepted transfer to hunter to avoid being without purpose

As to Fitz that comes from season 5.

Spoiler

Which was a time loop. He was in a pod, destroyed in the first episode of this season after the time loop was broken. Meanwhile the Fitz that was going through the loop did not have his ship cut in half and went to the future only to have a time monolith send him back to our time when he was killed in the line of duty. So Daisy's space mission was to find that last looping Fitz

Now if Fitz was not killed in Chicago then SHIELD would probably not go looking for the spare and whatever changed in the timeline to cause the Shrike/Izel attacks doesn't happen

39 minutes ago, Raja said:

The Chromicom's leader, the hunter who staged a coup is able to send out a signal. In an earlier episode telling Enoch he was decommissioned. Now the other anthropologist may have voluntarily accepted transfer to hunter to avoid being without purpose

As to Fitz that comes from season 5.

Hide contents

Which was a time loop. He was in a pod, destroyed in the first episode of this season after the time loop was broken. Meanwhile the Fitz that was going through the loop did not have his ship cut in half and went to the future only to have a time monolith send him back to our time when he was killed in the line of duty. So Daisy's space mission was to find that last looping Fitz

Now if Fitz was not killed in Chicago then SHIELD would probably not go looking for the spare and whatever changed in the timeline to cause the Shrike/Izel attacks doesn't happen

I get all the stuff in the spoiler but this is why I hate time travel because, well, anything can fit.

I also understand there was a coup but at the end of the day the leader is a robot or robotlike. I thought they could not mess with time or something or harm humankind. I would understand a rogue but not a bunch of rogues.

My favorite part of AOS is the “family” and how they interact. So, I won’t harp much on what I don’t care for.

Edited by Enigma X
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Loandbehold said:

Regarding the shrike attack via mouth, couldn't someone just do the Heimlich maneuver? Hell, you can even do it on yourself if need be.

I was wondering the same thing but I'm not sure where or how those bird things attach in the body.  I was trying to think more about it but realised the whole absurdity of it.  This is a woman for whom time has no meaning.  She can move her body so fast that it's like time stand still.  And we learned in this set of episodes that she can also slow down time in her vicinity, so she could make effectively freeze those zombies and then shoot them with super slow bullets.

So why couldn't she have slowed time down so that the bird couldn't enter her mouth?  Especially once it was halfway in her mouth and she saw what was happening?  Also, couldn't Daisy use her seismic force powers and quake the bird out?  She surely has enough control over her powers to be able to use them with precision.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, blackwing said:
52 minutes ago, Loandbehold said:

Regarding the shrike attack via mouth, couldn't someone just do the Heimlich maneuver? Hell, you can even do it on yourself if need be.

I was wondering the same thing but I'm not sure where or how those bird things attach in the body.  I was trying to think more about it but realised the whole absurdity of it.  This is a woman for whom time has no meaning.  She can move her body so fast that it's like time stand still.  And we learned in this set of episodes that she can also slow down time in her vicinity, so she could make effectively freeze those zombies and then shoot them with super slow bullets.

So why couldn't she have slowed time down so that the bird couldn't enter her mouth?  Especially once it was halfway in her mouth and she saw what was happening?  Also, couldn't Daisy use her seismic force powers and quake the bird out?  She surely has enough control over her powers to be able to use them with precision.

Yeah! She could have given herself an uppercut and bit it in half!

• LOL 2
3 hours ago, Loandbehold said:

I suspect the shrike bat is the wrong texture and also may move past the throat quickly. 

On 8/2/2019 at 9:51 PM, NUguy514 said:

Yeah, but Yoyo (or Daisy, for that matter) had plenty of time to grab the goddamn thing during the eternity it spent trying to get into her mouth.  It's so stupid.

I agree on Coulson.  I've never thought there was anything remotely interesting about him (part of that is due to Clark Gregg's terrible acting; I mean, some of his line readings tonight were seriously horrendous), and the hagiography the show has created around him is so annoying.  Every other long-time character (i.e. not Deke) on the show is so much more interesting and dynamic, and I lose so much interest anytime Coulson or a Coulson simulacrum is onscreen.

Deke still is the worst (more bad acting).

They killed the two hot guys this season (Davis and Khan) – boo!  Piper is still alive, though – yay!

I didn't believe for one second that May or Yoyo was going to die.

I have a headache, and I'm going to bed.

Yeah, not sure why people are more interested in grabbing their throat rather than the legs of the Shrike.  I would think that Yo-Yo's new hands would have been able to super grip the sucker and make sure it didn't get all they way down.  And why didn't anyone think about Daisy using her quake powers to kill the Shirke but somehow not hurting Yo-Yo.  Didn't they figure out the Shrike were on a different frequency?  And that helped Daisy completely destroy them during the battle in Sarge's truck?  I was thinking that if Daisy picked the right harmonic frequency to disintegrate the Shrike but leave the rest of Yo-Yo's molecular structure undisturbed, then it would OK.  Oh well, I guess just killing the queen works too, although I kind of thought the solution was kind of a cop out.  And where did all the robed guys pop up from before Izel went back through the wormhole?  And did May grab the stones to close the door again?  Maybe they want to leave the option so that they can send the Chronicons through the portal and let them deal with the spirits...I mean Chronicrons are in theory not living entities right?

And did they ever fully explain how Jemma got out of the Lighthouse that was crawling with Chronicrons and where the Quinjet came from?  I was a little confused by that part and was hoping for some exposition.  And anyone know why Izel's group needed to keep the spirits behind that door and would only open it when they had the portal open?  

Edited by HawaiiTVGuy
  • Love 1

I think if they'd done a better job on the "shrike-down-the-throat" effect, there wouldn't be so much criticism.  Make it look like Zoom! it forces your mouth open and is down your throat in .2 seconds, well before you have a chance to react.  Instead, it's flapping around on your face for a full second or two, which is plenty of time to at least grab its wings, maybe even pull it out, throw it on the ground and stomp on it.  Especially if you have super speed and/or robotic hands.  Instead, people grab at their throats (it's not very effective!)

The scene with Deke and his secret laboratory was hilarious.  No, it didn't make any sense, but I loved that he was developing stuff there with his crew of sycophants and was proudly showing it off while Fitz is whining about how it's all "stolen tech".  He introduces Fitz and Simmons as these people "who identify as my grandparents... just go with it, okay?"  Then he jumps out, Fitz and Simmons still aren't sure what just happened, and everyone else was like "He's so cool!"

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I rolled my eyes when they found ways to bring May and Coulson back for next season. Like, I love May (Coulson not so much after the past two seasons venerating him) but she went out in a totally badass (and bittersweet) moment, and it kind of cheapened her arc from last and this season to inject her with some kind of antidote for death to keep her around. Same deal with Coulson, and Fitz. They characters all have layers and layers of plot armor that there aren't any real stakes anymore about whether or not a character lives or dies. I'm not asking the show become GoT and kill off characters left and right, but having some actual consequences to life-or-death battles would make the show more interesting.

May, Yo-Yo, Mack (and maybe Daisy) aren't going to have a good time in 1933, where even New York had a lot of segregation. SSR wasn't founded until 1940, so unless they jump forward several years I don't know how they'll tie in Agent Carter (though I will be PUMPED if they do!) They might run into teenaged Bucky and Steve in Brooklyn (they would be around 15-16 in 1933) and that would make for some fun cameos that don't require bringing in the A-listers (just a couple of teen lookalikes). I do hope they jump toward to 1948 when Peggy, Sousa, and Thompson found SHIELD; it would be a nice cap-stone on the narrative of the show to take the Agents of SHIELD all the way to the very beginning, and it would give some closure to the Agent Carter show (that was gone too soon!) and tie that a little better into the MCU.

Edited by jaigurudeva
  • Love 5
On 8/8/2019 at 11:17 AM, jaigurudeva said:

I rolled my eyes when they found ways to bring May and Coulson back for next season. Like, I love May (Coulson not so much after the past two seasons venerating him) but she went out in a totally badass (and bittersweet) moment, and it kind of cheapened her arc from last and this season to inject her with some kind of antidote for death to keep her around. Same deal with Coulson, and Fitz. They characters all have layers and layers of plot armor that there aren't any real stakes anymore about whether or not a character lives or dies. I'm not asking the show become GoT and kill off characters left and right, but having some actual consequences to life-or-death battles would make the show more interesting.

May, Yo-Yo, Mack (and maybe Daisy) aren't going to have a good time in 1933, where even New York had a lot of segregation. SSR wasn't founded until 1940, so unless they jump forward several years I don't know how they'll tie in Agent Carter (though I will be PUMPED if they do!) They might run into teenaged Bucky and Steve in Brooklyn (they would be around 15-16 in 1933) and that would make for some fun cameos that don't require bringing in the A-listers (just a couple of teen lookalikes). I do hope they jump toward to 1948 when Peggy, Sousa, and Thompson found SHIELD; it would be a nice cap-stone on the narrative of the show to take the Agents of SHIELD all the way to the very beginning, and it would give some closure to the Agent Carter show (that was gone too soon!) and tie that a little better into the MCU.

It looks like Zephyr 1 is now a full fledged time ship like Legends of Tomorrow.  I would expect the season to be jumping all around the timeline(s). For 1933 the only characters of a proper age to do something so they should go to see that I can think of are Dr Erskine, and SSR Colonel Phillips, lets make him a pre war Captain 

Edited by Raja
  • Love 1

It was a good finale for a blah season. I still disliked the first chunk of last season more...

I think I mentioned last season, I'm not a big time travel fan, but, I hope they jump around timelines a lot, over being stuck in the same era the entire season. I'm only interested in next season with the possibilities of who can appear.

And of course, just like most zombie media, IIRC, from previous episodes, the randoms turn in seconds, while a main character (Yo-yo) takes her sweet time, and the entire episode, to begin to mutate. As much as I love Yo-yo and Mack, and them together, I almost wish Mack had to make the ultimate sacrifice.

On 8/2/2019 at 9:05 PM, Lantern7 said:

I’m confused. Not “trying to explain Legion” confused, but I’m close.

LOL.  I've had to just give up on Legion.

As for Agents of SHIELD . . .  I'll probably stick around for next season but it's all SO confusing my enjoyment is really waning. The episodes are just frenetic!  (Furthermore, I like SciFi but not Horror and to me zombies and bats that fly in your mouth are crossing the line into Horror.)  I also think it's a cop-out that Melinda didn't die.  I really thought they were going to go there but, no. 

And ANOTHER Coulson re-boot?  Seriously?!!  I love the character as much as the next person but this is getting ridiculous.  Poor Melinda (once they thaw her out) is going to be even more F@#$&d up.

But I third the motion for a cross-over with Agent Carter!  

I don't know what power source the jet runs on but I'll bet it's not readily available in the 1930's.  Wanna bet Tony Stark's dad will somehow be involved in supplying them with fuel?

Edited by WatchrTina
  • Love 3

What in the actual hell?

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 6:22 PM, Latverian Diplomat said:

… I get that they were going for a body horror effect, but it looked slow and clumsy and implausible.

This. Yes. I think both dystopian seasons (Counting the Framework and the S.H.I.E.L.D. In Space season last year) were attempts at a tone this show was never meant to have. The body horror aspect of this season was also a mistake, in my opinion.

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 8:46 AM, greekmom said:

I think the show has officially jumped the shark. 

Not sure if I will be tuning in next season.

I was about to say "... jumped the shrike," but, yeah.

Edited by Sandman
  • LOL 5

The Framework was amazing, because it really allowed to explore the characters further, and I liked the philosophical underpinning of our regrets being part of who we are.

But I agree that the show had a darkness overload since season 5. I am still optimistic for season 7, though. This looks like it will be fun!

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

How many times has Coulson died?  

Between the first movie and the pilot episode he was dead.   You can make a point about the Framework version of him.   Then there is Sarge.  Now he is an Ai. 

Framework Coulson didn’t die. He escaped back into his own body. Human Coulson has died three times. In the Avengers, at the end of season 5 and as Sarge. If you count the LMD version who May blew up it would be four times. 

I am a big fan of darker shows.  There is only so much bright and shiny I can take. I liked the Framework season because it looked into how a single decision can change who we are as people and a simple twist of fate can change the world.  

I wasn’t a huge fan of this seasons space story but I did like Sarge and The Shrike. 

Even if you didn’t like this season there is one season left and if you’ve watched this far I don’t see the point of not watching the final season.  But then again I have enjoyed most seasons and I think the final season has potential to be really good.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 4

I don't understand why Simmons can't know where/when Fitz is.  The Chromochons only have a scan of their minds at the time they did the scan, so the only info they have is what Simmons and Fitz had at that moment.  It would seem that any new information they learn, the Chrome's won't know about, like Deke's new tech area.  So how would the Chroms find out "when" Fitz is if Simmons knows now?

• Love 1

I never thought I could be disappointed by a finale where May saves the day with a sword. But I sure was. So much time spent hiding from boring zombies, Deke was not funny as usual and again had too much screen time, SHIELD was caught with its pants down once again (a bunch of Chromicoms teleport and literally no agent even bothered to pull a gun!), more time travel, more Coulson "resurrections", more time travel, no less than four fakeouts of "a main character is about to die... just kidding". And considering how weak SHIELD has been for most of the shows, the idea that the Chronicoms are scared of it and would conquer Earth with ease if they neutralize it first is beyond laughable. Fitz and Simmons are separated again? Who could have seen this coming, such new and exciting development!

This show really wants to be dark and edgy but every main character has a blatantly obvious plot armor and even beyond staying alive they never get punished much for their mistakes. So there is never much tension and suspense because we know things will work out fine in the long term. I am not a fan of shows killing many main characters but that's better than implausible rescues every other episode, androids, Fitz replacing time-traveler Fitz, etc. When Mack and Daisy were arguing I was sure their argument would prove to be completely irrelevant and lo and behold, that's exactly what happened. So all (most?) no name agents were killed? It's not like the main characters have ever cared much about the red shirts, why should the viewers care any more?

I had a good laugh when I heard May say "Pain is love". Ah, finally an explanation for the way romantic relationships are presented in this show. It could have been worse, May's speech about the power of love could have worked but it was still so cringe-worthy.

At least we got rid of Sarge and his smug face.

If you couldn't die inside that dimension, why didn't May just attack recklessly, allowing Izel to stab her in the process?

If they can travel though time, they could have, I don't know, traveled only a bit back and prevented FitzSimmons from being captured by the Chronicoms in the first place. Or the original Fitz dying. Or traveled back and helped the Chronicoms save their planet, now that they know how Izel and Sarge operate. But, no, they had to go back decades because reasons. With the show's reduced budget, I do wonder if they are going to stay much in the thirties or fifties or whenever they went. Though, I guess dark corridors are the same in any era. 🙂

• Love 2