Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Who Put the Mad in Madison?

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Episodes happen in episode time.  This does not include current Instagram, twitter, other social media or articles. Those things can be discussed in character or media threads.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, RedInk said:

People have tics that don't necessarily MEAN anything, but Shep's foot shaking is off the charts when he feels challenged or thinks he may be criticized. He's extremely insecure, which is the root of his womanizing, misogyny, failure to launch, inability to hold a real job, and offensive snobbery. And IMO it makes him extremely unattractive. 

I don't understand the idea that Dani shouldn't feel ashamed or angry about the STI blurt - I sure as shit would be. She wasn't a detail for busted Jessica Simpson to reveal, and Dani gets to feel however she wants. Madison did a further nasty thing by implicating Dani and then continuing to attack her because she was an easy target. She did not continue to attack Shep in the same way. And then K wouldn't even stand up for her friend and just confirmed the rumor by her silence & nonchalant eye roll. Doesn't Dani have a friend?? Lord. 

Nope.. he does it all the time… Check out WWHL when he’s just joking with Andy.

Austen...No that’s a different story… He does that on occasion exactly like you described

Yeah, Shep and Craig both do the foot bouncing thing all the time.  I even commented on it back in an earlier episode when they were at a lunch, sitting at a bar two-top, planning the pillow party and RV trip.

I don't get the idea that Madison is some kind of ball-busting, take no bullshit kind of gal.  If she is, why is she even with Austen?  He's a walking wall of bullshit.  She can only be dating him for a spot on the show and/or she has some kind of weird Muppet kink.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
On 8/1/2019 at 4:56 AM, Irritable said:

I don’t think of Dani telling her friends that Madison hit on her boyfriend, and did it while also dating her friend, as gossip because she was directly involved.  It was her story to tell if she wanted, but that’s not the case with the secret Madison unleashed. I remember being pissed earlier in the season when Dani apologized to Madison for telling Craig what she did.  Madison was smug then, too, and certainly didn’t apologize for hitting on Dani’s man. I get why she wanted to lash out at Shep, he was asking for it, but using that information knowing it would hurt Dani too was horrid.

OMG! I took a break from reading the thread for a little bit to do some dishes and while I was doing so I was thinking about all of this, word for freaking word, and I came back in still not sure if I was going to write a reply or not. But I felt like this still had not been said. Your post was the first one I read after sitting back down. I´m so happy that I´m not alone and someone else wrote down what I was thinking so perfectly.

I had started to really like Madison. At first when she was introduced on the show I didn´t think she was in Austen´s league and the cheating and hitting on Danni´s boyfriend made her seem at least not that great. But after the trip I had totally changed my mind, she was gorgeous, standing up to the guys etc. And then, like always, what goes up must come down, especially in reality tv. Her attack on Dani (I consider it a total attack on Dani, not Shep since who cares) was disgusting. And she never apologizes... What´s up with that? It´s so weird. I consider her creepy at this point. Not a villain just yet, I hope she backs down because I don´t want another villainess in the cast. I had enough with Landon and Ashley (x100 with Ashley).

I adore Patricia but she is constantly close to these awful people. She was extremely close with Thomas, then she was trying to make Landon happen (ugghhhh) and then she took Ashley under her wing. And now Madison and her are close, which does not make me optimistic about Madison´s true character.

I have no idea if the std stuff was true or not, I don´t want to know. Talking about it on camera and using it against someone like that is beyond vile. What Dani did (talked about someone in a relationship hitting on her boyfriend) can´t be compared to that in any way.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Hockey Addict said:

Hmmm, I wonder how this show is affecting Madison's clientele? Will people stop asking for her services now or go to her for dirt on other cast members? One has to wonder.

More likely the latter probably.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Lizzing said:

Yeah, Shep and Craig both do the foot bouncing thing all the time.  I even commented on it back in an earlier episode when they were at a lunch, sitting at a bar two-top, planning the pillow party and RV trip.

I don't get the idea that Madison is some kind of ball-busting, take no bullshit kind of gal.  If she is, why is she even with Austen?  He's a walking wall of bullshit.  She can only be dating him for a spot on the show and/or she has some kind of weird Muppet kink.

I would suspect it is only to be on the show. Why else would anyone date him? Craig is, at least, good looking and Shep is rich. Austen? No to both of those, add zero personality, brains or ambition, totally immature and whipped by Shep...seriously, what possibe reason? Madison may, or may not, be batcrap crazy when you get to know her, but she is capable of behaving normally in society and she is a beautiful girl. Yeah, only to get on the show.

Edited by chlban
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I don´t think it matters at all if Dani has had an std or not. So I´m not even going to have an opinion if I believe this gossip or not, because I don´t care and I don´t want to know about stuff like that. I want to say that in no way, shape or form does it change my opinion of anyone if they have been given an std by a boyfriend, especially not if it´s someone as sleazy as Shep!! But to talk about it like Madison did? That goes above and beyond and changes things drastically. It´s just so trashy, no matter the circumstances and people involved. She could have chosen from a plethora of insults to throw at Shep, or she could have worded it differently. And then, when she had the opportunity to say sorry and explain how it was a mistake and she shouldn´t have done this, she goes after Dani like she´s angry at her too. Wtf? I don´t understand Madisin. And Kathryn´s reaction was so bad. But anyway, what I wanted to say mostly is that even if Dani had had 10 different std´s she would still be a lot less trashy than the person who was talking about it.

• Love 9
On 7/31/2019 at 11:29 PM, newms said:

Shep is a classic abuser. He was poking Madison until she snapped and then blamed her for getting mad. - classic gaslighting, deflection, invalidation, and shaming

Then he spoke about her behind her back with Austen, calling her names, saying she needs to shut up, and getting really angry that he was disagreed with. - classic verbal abuse, narcissistic rage, and more shaming. 

Madison was amazing. You go, girl. Stand your ground and keep telling Shep the truth. He is showing his true colours now. 

Even Kathryn was saying how he pushes and “uses his words to confuse you.” That’s gaslighting. I hope she stands up to him too and continues to side with the women. That’s the only way men like Shep will be held accountable. 

He even looks disheveled. 

And Madison was telling the truth. Austen did tell her that Shep gave Danni an STD. So she spilled the beans about the truth. Austen has a threesome behind her back. He can fuck off too. Madison, you are far better than him. He’s not worth your time. 

Yes.  This.  

Shep is a grade A prick.  Deep down, he doesn't want his friends to be in healthy, long-term relationships.  He wants to be the never-ending frat boy with the frat lifestyle.   He is definitely looking more and more worn out, bloated and, frankly, like he smells.    His only redeeming quality is Little Craig, who is adorable.  #FreeLittleCraig

It's very clear, based on Shep's reaction and Danni's reaction, that the tea Madison spilled was truth.  Why would you get that angry or even cry about it otherwise?  If it wasn't true, I think I would laugh and say something like Shep wishes he has had sex with me.  

Austen should have manned up and admitted that he told Madison that.  I did note that no one asked Austen how he knew and/or if it was true.  

I do wonder why Austen is fighting for his friendship with Shep.  What exactly does he get from it?  Shep doesn't seem like much of a friend to him.

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

Why would you get that angry or even cry about it otherwise?  If it wasn't true, I think I would laugh and say something like Shep wishes he has had sex with me.  

Austen should have manned up and admitted that he told Madison that.  I did note that no one asked Austen how he knew and/or if it was true.  

It would never in a million years occur to me to laugh at someone saying I had an std if it wasn’t true I would be pissed and in shock and even more so if it was on camera.

• Love 5

Did they even discuss how Austen knew about the STD? They were making a big deal about Austen telling Madison, but how did Austen even know about it? 

Shep told him? He heard from someone else? If yes, then who???

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, 2dogmom said:

too bad chelsea wasn't in the room when madison dropped that big turd.  she would have stood up for danni.

I’d like to think she would. But Chelsie is all over Madison’s Instagram, liking and commenting on her posts. So I just don’t kmow... I feel like Danni really didn’t have anyone in her corner in this matter. 

5 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Yes.  This.  

Shep is a grade A prick.  Deep down, he doesn't want his friends to be in healthy, long-term relationships.  He wants to be the never-ending frat boy with the frat lifestyle.   He is definitely looking more and more worn out, bloated and, frankly, like he smells.    His only redeeming quality is Little Craig, who is adorable.  #FreeLittleCraig

It's very clear, based on Shep's reaction and Danni's reaction, that the tea Madison spilled was truth.  Why would you get that angry or even cry about it otherwise?  If it wasn't true, I think I would laugh and say something like Shep wishes he has had sex with me.  

I do wonder why Austen is fighting for his friendship with Shep.  What exactly does he get from it?  Shep doesn't seem like much of a friend to him.

I’d be pissed if somebody made up an outrageous lie about me. And said it in front of a cameraman recording for a show seen by seen by over a million people each week.  I wouldn’t necessarily laugh it off. So clearly, not everybody reacts the same; and Danni’s reaction proves nothing. Also why would Danni deny having sex with Shep when they actually did date years ago? 

• Love 6

I'm curious about that flashback to girls' night where they each said Shep has made them cry.  Particularly Cam and Kathryn, because they are still friends with him.  What did he say to them?  I totally believe he said something, because he is awful, but I really wanna know what it was.  Did I miss something?

I think Cam is over these people.  Motherhood has changed her (whereas Kathryn and Madison still seem childish and petty)  It wouldn't surprise me if she leaves the show on her own.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, becauseIsaidso said:

In my book, Shep is the white trash. No matter how much money he has, what kind of family he comes from, whether he's going after someone or someone is getting in his face, he simply IS, at the core, white trash.

Remember season 1 when almost everyone, myself included, liked Shep? I found most of the cast fairly likeable, with Kathryn as the crazy "villian". I still like Cam, Whitney is Ok, love Patricia and mostly like Chelsea, when she isn't talking like a foul mouthed trashy chick, and, strangely, Eliza seems OK (but she is new so we will see). Don seems like a really nice guy. Everyone else could go and have them bring in some new blood. If they keep Austen  they need to keep Madison because she is the only remotely interesting thing about him  as in "why is she with him"?

Edited by chlban
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I'm curious about that flashback to girls' night where they each said Shep has made them cry.  Particularly Cam and Kathryn, because they are still friends with him.  What did he say to them?  I totally believe he said something, because he is awful, but I really wanna know what it was.  Did I miss something?

I think Cam is over these people.  Motherhood has changed her (whereas Kathryn and Madison still seem childish and petty)  It wouldn't surprise me if she leaves the show on her own.

I think motherhood in a financially secure, settled relationship has changed Cam. If Cam quit or was let go from the show tomorrow, she would still have a husband with a highly paid career, a fine home, good childcare options, and the ability to return to her work as a realtor whenever she wants, with the added boost of being recognizable as a minor celebrity. She’s made a lot of money from the show and likely she’s saved and invested it well. If she returns to work it will be because she wants to, not because she must.

Kathryn and Madison are single mothers. Kathryn’s income is entirely from being on this show and the side gigs she gets because of it. Financial support from Thomas for their kids seems always to be an uncertainty and their custody issues will just drag on, giving her no peace. 

Madison owns a salon, but I’d say she likes the additional Bravo paycheck and hopes to secure her role for future $ea$on$. (Who knows how many more there will be. Many of us are tired of this cast but the target audience may still be large.)

• Love 8
On 8/1/2019 at 6:51 PM, Shellbell59 said:

once again props to commenter giving him the nickname!!!! I could never put my finger on it!...nor would I🤢

I'm not saying it was me who gave Austen the nickname of "muppet mouth," but I definitely used it and don't recall having seen it before over here. Not taking credit but just saying I said it straight away after seeing that fuggler. 

I remember on "Snooki & Jwoww" when Roger came out laughing saying "I've had chlamydia like four times." I suppose once you own it, it takes power away from the stigma. It's just sad that it can render a woman infertile. It makes me wonder how Danni perceives all this after the talks about egg freezing and having children "someday." 

Shep is a giant douche. Madison was wrong for engaging him and coming out with "I'm depressed." Austen had no business comforting her after that garbage bc she wasn't the victim here.  Glad Cameran went home to baby but she's sure working overtime to correct her initial attitude about having to care for her baby. 

• Love 4
On 8/2/2019 at 2:20 PM, Shellbell59 said:

All of this!

As far as Ashley’s appearances..

i feel EVERY scene is “scripted improv”....she repeats herself with fake comments asking for leniency...

along with “oh....thank you so much” on repeat... geez 

go already!

I was kidding...I know the side affects 

Shep gave it to me....just kidding again 😆

True.  If you want to see almost the same type thing, you can view Camille on RHOBH (also on Bravo).  They must share writers. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

i wouldn’t doubt that shep passed on a std to danni.  i would absolutely  deny it in the presence of cameras.  danni deserved none of that.  

shep was probably right about madison all along, and knows she’s just using stupid ole austin to be on the show.  they are a bad match, but live and let live. 

shep should offer a silkwood shower, antibiotics, and a free uber to all his overnight guests. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 8/1/2019 at 6:26 PM, Marcya23 said:

This!  I came out of lurking to post just this.  I am no fan of Shep, but she called him over to her to make her laugh because she was depressed.  Knowing damn well she was starting something with him because he doesn't want the two of them together.  In my opinion, she started it.  And in no way did Danni deserve to have that information out there.  I think it showed exactly who Madisin is.  And by the way, that's not winning an argument.  There was nothing smart or intellectual about being that mean.  If she wanted to outwit Shep, she failed.

I agree. And while Shep has lost some of his southern charm, I agree with him that Madison is trash. She started that shit thinking she could out-argue him and when he retorted with logic and some measure of intelligence, she brought out the knives. Who fucking does that?

Austen is a pussy and deserves the "whipping" he's getting from that woman. I don't know if the STD story is true, but why the hell would he tell her that? He knows she's evil and hates Shep. Did he really think she could be counted on to never repeat that? He's too stupid to live.

Agree with all of you who say she's using his stupid ass to be on this show, but she's not presenting a very good image and is bordering on being almost as toxic as Ashley.

• Love 6
On 8/2/2019 at 1:23 PM, Dirtybubble said:

Thank U!  I think this entire Chlamydia thing has gotten out of control.  If what happened is true (which I too think it is) it's not really that big of a deal but people are flipping out like Shep gave her HIV or something.  It's a shame there is such a stigma behind this and it's used a slut shamming tool.  And I'm sad Danni is so embarrassed about it.

Dr. Drew says some STDs are pretty common, like at least 20-25% of adults in most big metropolitan areas.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, scrb said:

Dr. Drew says some STDs are pretty common, like at least 20-25% of adults in most big metropolitan areas.

Yeah, I don't think it's that big of a deal, but, I might think differently, if I were in her shoes.  lol   I might have not believed it, if Danni had just said, "What? That's funny." (laughed and blew it off), but, she really seemed hurt.  I get it though.  It's tough for someone to tell a lie about you.  Either way though, she did nothing wrong.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah, I don't think it's that big of a deal, but, I might think differently, if I were in her shoes.  lol  

I think the issue is that it was used to shame/hurt/win a fight. Someone’s personal medical history is no one’s business unless it is a sexually transmitted disease and you haven’t told your sexual partner. 

• Love 7
On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 5:02 PM, RHJunkie said:

Whatever outrage you're seeing is probably irrelevant to how many of us feel about Danni. She can be as boring, uninterested looking as possible, to many, none of those things make it justifiable to repeat secondhand information. It's one thing to want to embarrass someone with outing a 'secret', but it's a whole other level of shitty to repeat secondhand information that you have no way of knowing if it's true or not and then to double down in that moment and try to justify why it was okay for her to say it, it was just an all around piece of shit move by Madison.

I don't know if it's true or not, but if it is, Shep needs his head examined if he thinks it's cool, funny or even appropriate to be sharing that kind of information with other people.

I think, and this is just my opinion... but if you go on a reality show - you should expect your skeletons to come out.  If you have secrets, you should expect that they will be revealed.  Bravo is not paying people to sit in the corner and give stink-face.  They want gossip, they want dirt, they want conflict.  If I was paid to participate on a reality show - I would expect ALL of my secrets to come out.  That's the whole point! 

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 3:39 PM, psychoticstate said:

Yeah, I agree.  I am stealing this from somewhere, don't remember where - but it's like if someone told me I was purple.  I would laugh.  I would not cry.

I think it is funny in that People article, Dani was like, "I don't even know what chlamydia IS!  I don't know how to spell it, I was trying to google it..."  Like, ok, sure Dani.  I remember on Real Housewives, when someone was accused of using crystal meth, and she was like, "what IS crystal meth?  I have to google that!"  Playing dumb makes you look more guilty (IMO!).

I do not like Dani and I think she enjoyed embarrassing Madison when the whole DM-ing Gentry thing happened.  

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 9:39 PM, 2dogmom said:

too bad chelsea wasn't in the room when madison dropped that big turd.  she would have stood up for danni.

Madison and Chelsea are good friends, remember they want to open a salon together.  

• Love 5
1 minute ago, heatherchandler said:

Madison and Chelsea are good friends, remember they want to open a salon together.  

That was so clearly just a staged scene for the show so that they could have a reason for Madison to tell Chelsea all the shit that Austin had said about her.

• Love 2
On 8/1/2019 at 2:05 PM, Dance4Life said:

Am I missing something here?

So, Shep gave Danni Chlamydia .....did not see anyone denying it.....?

Danni should have taken the opportunity to go in on Shep about it, too, once it was out on camera.

Shep gets away with A LOT of bullshit on this show. 

As long as people keep hiding Shep’s  BS just because he has money......remember they treated ‘wealthy’ Thomas the same......they will just keep abusing women.

Sexually assaulting and passing STIs.

Danni, Hun, people knowing you had chlamydia is not the end of the world.

Something is really strange with their scenes last night.

I wonder if Danni took a ‘hush money’ settlement from Shep.......and, why everyone reacted this way.

Looks like these people that knew.  Just one of those ‘not allowed on camera’ conversations.

No but she should be the one to out it if she chose to.  WAY below the belt.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I think, and this is just my opinion... but if you go on a reality show - you should expect your skeletons to come out.  If you have secrets, you should expect that they will be revealed.  Bravo is not paying people to sit in the corner and give stink-face.  They want gossip, they want dirt, they want conflict.  If I was paid to participate on a reality show - I would expect ALL of my secrets to come out.  That's the whole point!

As a viewer, we don't know if what Madison said was a secret revealed or a lie/fabrication that was told to her and she repeated it in front of the cameras. That is what makes her behaviour disgusting. If Shep had told Madison that story and Madison repeated it, that's a whole other story. It would still be foul of her to repeat something of that nature on TV, but at least she was repeating information she got from the horse's mouth. Instead she repeated second hand information in the throes of her anger and that was only intended to hurt, not speak truth (which again, she has no connection to what the truth is so she's throwing some embarrassing information out in the ether and SHE knows just as much as you and I do whether it's true or not...meaning, she doesn't know at all). Danni's participation on the show is irrelevant to how others choose to behave and what they choose to say. I get Bravo likes the drama, but I can still be of the mind that those who participate to that degree for the sake of keeping their face on TV is quite desperate. We all watch for different reasons - watching for moments like what Madison brought is not at all why I watch the show or any other reality TV show for that matter.

Edit: I should also point out that I do agree that if you go on a reality show, you have to expect every part of you to be fair play but to me, it doesn't make it any less of a horrible thing for someone to do when they take the gloves off and try to play dirty, especially without provocation.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 6
On 8/1/2019 at 9:10 AM, Pickles said:

Cam's obviously just doing the show for the money and that is it. She is laughing all the way to the bank. $450k for a season of work---work that entails taking your daughter to the aquarium, fake interviewing a nanny, whining about your child, etc. I don't know who could pass that up. It's boring for us, but great for Cam.

I still enjoy her! She gets in some good jabs once in awhile and not afraid to call it like it is.  Much like Chelsea but you can't really be mad at Cam when she says stuff. 

On 8/1/2019 at 4:32 PM, Mountainair said:

So... Wasn't Madison the one that beckoned Shep over to start the argument in the first place? She was on the couch and he was at the bar minding his business? I'm not defending the douche bag, I'm just making sure I have the sequence of events right. Then she tells him that she can out argue him which hell yea- please (someone put that asshole in his place)! Next she decides to throw Danni under the bus. Of all the things she could have said to Shep she decides that is her ammo? And then she continues to throw Danni further under the bus by calling her out on her smoking habit? I mean, WTF? How does this prove to Shep that you won't take his shit? All it does is prove Shep even more right about what an asshole you are. I wish there was one damn person on this cast who could hand Shep his ass on a platter. Why is it so damn hard?

Exactly how I saw it.  It was a super weird change of events for her to suddenly target Dani.  Madison didn't even have to say Dani's name! She could have just said he gave it to someone. 

52 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah, I don't think it's that big of a deal, but, I might think differently, if I were in her shoes.  lol   I might have not believed it, if Danni had just said, "What? That's funny." (laughed and blew it off), but, she really seemed hurt.  I get it though.  It's tough for someone to tell a lie about you.  Either way though, she did nothing wrong.  

I bet for Dani at first it was probably more of a shock factor. There she was minding her own business, listening to a ridiculous argument between Madison, Shep and Craig and suddenly a HUGE accusation gets thrown at her.  Then later realizes that it was on film and will likely make it on the show and friends and family will now see it. 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

bet for Dani at first it was probably more of a shock factor. There she was minding her own business, listening to a ridiculous argument between Madison, Shep and Craig and suddenly a HUGE accusation gets thrown at her.  Then later realizes that it was on film and will likely make it on the show and friends and family will now see it. 

Not to mention no matter what the reaction she or Shep have people will decide that fits whatever version of the story they believe. Once something like that is out there are people who believe it’s true even if it’s not. Even though Madison got it from Austin who said he was repeating gossip that he never said who he got it from and didn’t know the two of them when they dated.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

No but she should be the one to out it if she chose to.  WAY below the belt.

I was taught that people are supposed to OUT their STIs.  So, they can warn others that this person has it....and, Beware! If you slept with this person.....go get check.  To me STIs........are not some sacred secret.

This is what Danni said:

She also further denied having the STD, stating, “I can stand here and say that I do not have chlamydia, I never have. But, I mean, I had to frickin’ Google it and couldn’t figure out how to spell it when all this happened. I’m sure as heck well-educated on the subject now, and ‘news flash’ for everyone out there … it’s apparently pretty common nowadays. Lesson learned here, folks? Just practice safe sex.”

See!  These are the types that get chlamydia.  Sexually active females that do not use protection and then think it is cute.....that they do not know how to spell chlamydia! 

At this point whether fact or fiction.. .....Dani is handling this all wrong. Ignorant woman!

She is taking it way too personal.  Danni can just say I have never had chlamydia.

Then talk about it in a mature manner.  Say something like.......’when I was young I took risks during my sexual encounters.....but, now I know the importance of using condoms to protect my health wellbeing.

But, we just gonna get......I frickin’ had to GOOGLE chlamydia! 

Danni is 35.

(And, needs to Google STIs and Sex Education)

The people that know all about chlamydia are the ones that do not get it. Because the education focuses, on how to prevent chlamydia!

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

was taught that people are supposed to OUT their STIs.  So, they can warn others that this person has it....and, Beware! If you slept with this person.....go get check.  To me STIs........are not some sacred secret.

To their sexual partners not the world. And neither Danni or Shep outed shit, Madison spread gossip.

And, needs to Google STIs and Sex Education)

She is unfortunately far from the only one which says more about sexual education in this country than anything else. I used to volunteer at Planned Parenthood and the amount of people who don’t know basic shit about their bodies and sex education is enormous.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5
Just now, Dance4Life said:

I was taught that people are supposed to OUT their STIs.  So, they can warn others that this person has it....and, Beware! If you slept with this person.....go get check.  To me STIs........are not some sacred secret.

This is what Danni said:

She also further denied having the STD, stating, “I can stand here and say that I do not have chlamydia, I never have. But, I mean, I had to frickin’ Google it and couldn’t figure out how to spell it when all this happened. I’m sure as heck well-educated on the subject now, and ‘news flash’ for everyone out there … it’s apparently pretty common nowadays. Lesson learned here, folks? Just practice safe sex.”

See!  These are the types that get chlamydia.  Sexually active females that do not use protection and then think it is cute.....that they do not know how to spell chlamydia! 

At this point whether fact or fiction.. .....Dani is handling this all wrong. Ignorant woman!

She is taking it way too personal.  Danni can just say I have never had chlamydia.

Then talk about it in a mature manner.  Say something like.......’when I was young I took risks during my sexual encounters.....but, now I know the importance of using condoms to protect my health wellbeing.

But, we just gonna get......I frickin’ had to GOOGLE chlamydia! 

Danni is 35.

(And, needs to Google STIs and Sex Education)

The people that know all about chlamydia are the ones that do not get it. Because the education focuses, on how to prevent chlamydia!

Sure to someone you are about to have sex with NOT to an audience on a reality show.  Plus it should be YOU that outs it, it should be at an appropriate time and should not be used to shame anyone.  And I am sure everyone knows Chlamydia is not herpes or other std for which there is no cure.  Madison outing it says a whole lot more about her than it does about Danni or Shep and none of it is good.  It also shows her to be not very sharp.  Someone truly sharp would not go for such low hanging fruit.  

• Love 5
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

To their sexual partners not the world. And neither Danni or Shep outed shit, Madison spread gossip.

Yes, but in general...STIs should be talked about openly and without shame. But, reading comments here... I am shock that people think it is taboo. 

It is perfectly normal to out the person publicly. Because, this is to protect past and future sex partners.

Women better get with it and start protecting themselves instead of dirty pigs.

I am disgusted how Danni is handling this.

35 year old woman thinking it is cute to Google STIs!!! It is 2019!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Dance4Life said:

It is perfectly normal to out the person publicly.

I have never seen someone outed publicly other than by gossip/shaming purposes so we live in very different worlds. Madison clearly fell into the gossip/shaming area. 

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Sure to someone you are about to have sex with NOT to an audience on a reality show.  Plus it should be YOU that outs it, it should be at an appropriate time and should not be used to shame anyone.  And I am sure everyone knows Chlamydia is not herpes or other std for which there is no cure.  Madison outing it says a whole lot more about her than it does about Danni or Shep and none of it is good.  It also shows her to be not very sharp.  Someone truly sharp would not go for such low hanging fruit.  

If someone gives you a STI....post it on their social media. Do the world some good and help prevent the spreading of STIs. 

You can do it anonymously, too.

Yes, many things can be said about the others but I am commenting on Danni.

Her immaturity about STIs when she is a 35 year woman.

Danni can take legal action against Madison if it is not true.

Joanna did against Brandi and won.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

If someone gives you a STI....post it on their social media. Do the world some good and help prevent the spreading of STIs. 

You can do it anonymously, too.

Yes, many things can be said about the others but I am commenting on Danni.

Her immaturity about STIs when she is a 35 year woman.

Yeah, but, Kruppa was not a cast member of the show who had signed Waivers not to sue another cast mate for any comments made against them during the season. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I have never seen someone outed publicly other than by gossip/shaming purposes so we live in very different worlds. Madison clearly fell into the gossip/shaming area. 

If someone gave you a STI, they most likely knew they had it. Obviously, they are not telling anyone and just spreading it around.

This is why I encourage everyone to post about their STIs publicly. You can do it anonymously, but let everyone know!

You gotta get over the shame. 

Especially, when the person who gave it to you is a player-type like Shep.

Both my parents are in the medical field and one was in the military. Brown bag pills packs was normal conversation in my house. In the military you have to name sexual partners, so they can stop the infections. 

STIs are a public health issue.....just like the flu or measles. 

This is my world.  Don't be a 35 year old woman googling STIs!

• Useful 1

If someone gave you a STI, they most likely knew they had it. Obviously, they are not telling anyone and just spreading it around.

this is not the situation that happened on the show so I don’t understand your argument. Also, posting about people’s  STIs on social media is usually a violation of their terms of services and can lead to legal repercussions but you be you.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 8
19 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah, but, Kruppa was not a cast member of the show who had signed Waivers not to sue another cast mate for any comments made against them during the season. 

I am not sure this is true information.  Cast members send each other legal notices all the time.

If Danni feels these statements have hurt her brand she certainly can go ahead and take legal action.

Let’s see what Danni and Shep decide to do.

14 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

Cast members send each other legal notices all the time.

They love to send a cease and desist letter  but don’t pursue actual legal action against castmates. Madison backtracked on her comment when they said it wasn’t true so it’s not really worth the money and privacy issues pursuing legal action would result in because she didn’t continue to talk about it when they denied it. The reason Joanna won is that Brandi doubled down and repeated it  after the original cease and desist letter and no one backed her up. Madison stated on the show “if its not true, fine.”  so even she isn’t standing by her gossip.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3
53 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I have never seen it said it is appropriate to out someone's personal medical issues on camera OR to social media OR to a gathering of folks on a ski trip.  It is a NEED TO KNOW basis.  Outing this is a shit maneuver.  

• Love 5
5 hours ago, biakbiak said:

That was so clearly just a staged scene for the show so that they could have a reason for Madison to tell Chelsea all the shit that Austin had said about her.

Oh I agree, 99% of the show is staged, so I’m sure it was.  They are friends in “real life” though.  Patricia loves Madison and I think that goes a long way in Charleston.

3 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

She’s not going to take legal action because you can’t sue someone for speaking the truth.  If she really didn’t have it, she could and would sue.

I think it’s interesting that Shep said Austin is a “betrayer” and not a “liar.”

No matter what the truth is, she’s going to have her name and chlamydia linked in people’s minds and online forever.  She really should not have called People magazine, all she did is get the news out to like 10 million more people.

I wouldn’t say that outing people with STIs is what I want to watch on reality shows, but I also don’t want to watch Kathryn put take-out into real plates, or watch Naomi sit on her laptop and order t-shirts for her stupid e-commerce website for a whole segment.  There has to be something entertaining, though.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I do not like Dani and I think she enjoyed embarrassing Madison when the whole DM-ing Gentry thing happened.  

I see it your way completely.  You sign up for a reality show, there is nothing that you shouldn't expect to be outed.  The rules are, there are no rules.  *I* don't see myself saying it about another person on reality TV, but I am not going to pretend it doesn't entertain me when someone else does it!

I know it is mean girl behavior, but I definitely felt some...schadenfreude when Madison said Shep gave Danni chlamydia and then doubled-down with the smoking accusation (which may be worse in this day and age!).  I think it goes back to Danni being a weak bitch and apologizing to Madison for hitting on her boyfriend.  When you expose your weak underbelly and you don't stand your ground, yeah, the bullies are going to come for you.  That's literally human nature.

Danni reminds me of a family member of mine, so some of this may be projection, but my family member even looks something like Danni, and she's very passive and wish-washy to the point that getting a straight answer out of her is like pulling teeth, on the rare instance I have to deal with her and it's very tiring.  Sometimes you want to say/do something provocative to get her out of her stupor (I don't actually do this--I just ignore her--but I sympathize with the instinct).

I feel like Danni has just shown up to hang out and gotten a free ride since this show's inception, and what many of us may be failing to understand is that, if everyone was a kind and gracious Danni, the show would have been cancelled.  You need a Madison to have a Danni.  That's how I look at it anyway.  I like my reality shows a little (maybe a lot) acidic.  I am not interested in all happiness, friendship and laughter.  That's, frankly, boring.  I was thinking Southern Charm:  New Orleans might be better than this show, but I thought the last episode of SCNO was boring, yet here we had an interesting episode, because there was conflict.

Yes, I'm dating myself, but this type of reality TV reminds me of The Real World, and it doesn't faze me.  It's par for the course.  What you don't do is nothing in the moment and then talk to a third party after the fact, when you have time to get your story together. First of all, Weak Sauce.  Second of all, you're not that important, hun. 😱 Gentry is probably the only person who really cares if she currently has it.  I doubt he even cares if she had it in the past.  

There was a Sex and the City episode where Miranda took a STD test, got a positive result, went on antibiotics, and when her boyfriend was trying to initiate sex, Miranda was famously like, "I can't tonight.  I have chlamydia."  I'm not saying it should be that normalized--this was a comedy, not a reality show--but it's not like Madison said Danni was HIV positive or something.

I know what I am writing is extremely unpopular, and that's fine, but do any of us think Madison would have pulled that shit on another female member of this cast? The rest of them would have read her for filth.  Kathryn would have dragged her.  Madison picked the weakest link.  This is not a coincidence.  

Since I already dated myself, I will say that I am right about Danni's age--hence, we came of age at the same time, and it was pretty much gospel coming from every media outlet available, plus school, what STDs are, how they're transmitted, and that unless you and your boyfriend are both virgins, you're supposed to both get a full panel of STD screenings before switching from condoms to the pill, so I'm not really sure why a 30-something Danni would be getting chlamydia from Shep even if they were dating, unless he was cheating on her.  If he was?  Speak up and say that!  The second Madison "outs" you, turn the tables on both the assholes and say, "hell yeah he gave me chlamydia--I loved him and he was cheating on me.  Hey Madison, I guess we have something in common.  Neither of us can get a man to be faithful.  I'll get out back smoking a Newport if you want to follow up." Then the heat would be off Danni and right back on TweedleShepDee and TweedleMadisonDumb.  Then I could get behind her, but if she can't be quick on her feet, for something that, if it's true, was probably going to come out, and if it's false, she needs to be able to shrug it off or be ready for a counter-attack, or I can't really get behind her cause.  What I don't believe is that Danni didn't even know what chlamydia was.  Methinks the woman doth protest too much!

(BTW, if this was a long-running pattern of behavior from Madison, and not just a one-time stab to keep a dying reality show alive, I would probably begin to think she was a horrible person).

I don't think it's a noble thing to gossip about someone else's sex life.  I don't want to high-five Madison for doing it.  But honestly?  It's a welcome respite from whether Whitney had sex (glassses on or off), whether Craig is raging, or whether Metul will let Naomie eat a doughnut.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Patricia loves Madison and I think that goes a long way in Charleston.

But is that really true though, about Patricia's choice of friends going a long way in Charleston.  I imagine it may count for something among a certain part of Charleston society, but I don't believe the true "upper crust, old money" Charleston crowd gives a shit about her OR the show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1