Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Who Put the Mad in Madison?

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Episodes happen in episode time.  This does not include current Instagram, twitter, other social media or articles. Those things can be discussed in character or media threads.

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Emkat said:

Austen says that Shep has never had a girlfriend? Like he has never been in a relationship? Ever?!  

It makes no sense because Shep has talked about past girlfriends, including Danni who was his last serious relationship.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, Emkat said:

Austen says that Shep has never had a girlfriend? Like he has never been in a relationship? Ever?!  

I thought in some previous episode, long ago, Shep had mentioned having a serious girlfriend in college. If I am not mistaken, he said that gf is now married with children and still friends with either his sister or brother in Charlotte. 

• Love 1
23 hours ago, nexxie said:

Craig probably got the Whitney/Kathryn situation about right - she’s his dirty little secret.

I know I'm an old fart but there was a time when a gentleman didn't tell everybody he has sex with a woman he wasn't involved with.  Kathryn's so stupid she doesn't even get that.  Would she be happier if Whitney said, "yeah, I fucked her." 

Shep looks like he stinks.  He's a walking STD.

• Love 23
19 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I know I'm an old fart but there was a time when a gentleman didn't tell everybody he has sex with a woman he wasn't involved with.  Kathryn's so stupid she doesn't even get that.  Would she be happier if Whitney said, "yeah, I fucked her." 

Shep looks like he stinks.  He's a walking STD.

Katherine sure didn’t like it the first time Whitney said “yeah, I fucked her.” when she was wooing Thomas! It was on a trip they all took...escapes me.. but I too...am an old fart 😆

It was After Craig made claim she’d effed 3 ppl at some dinner table

oh yes...I totally agree! Shep looks like the “dirty underwear type”!

Edited by Shellbell59
Steps dirty chonies
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, Shellbell59 said:

oh yes...I totally agree! Shep looks like the “dirty underwear type”!

I did notice Shep's foot twitching.  Like he was either angry or Jonesing.

One reason I like SC: New Orleans is because the people in the cast are grown.  These folks come across like overgrown college kids.  I agree that Cameron realizes that her priorities have changed, she's an adult now.

I'm not saying that everybody needs to have a baby to grow up, or even to get married.  But they need to do something besides going out and getting wasted.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Marcya23 said:

This!  I came out of lurking to post just this.  I am no fan of Shep, but she called him over to her to make her laugh because she was depressed.  Knowing damn well she was starting something with him because he doesn't want the two of them together.  In my opinion, she started it.  And in no way did Danni deserve to have that information out there.  I think it showed exactly who Madisin is.  And by the way, that's not winning an argument.  There was nothing smart or intellectual about being that mean.  If she wanted to outwit Shep, she failed.

Well said.  That is exactly my take too.  I also love how she spun it when talking to Kathryn, and how Austen spun it when talking to Naomie.  Wonder how he feels now that ep aired and he (and others) can see that she pretty much lied to him about how it went down and that she definitley started that shit.  She was pissed off all day after the convo at the hot springs and Austen didn't agree to her terms and beg her to come back and I personally think she planned it and knew she was gonna go there when she called Shep over to sit next to her.  Shep and the other guys may be aimless and lazy, but Madison is way worse in my eyes cuz she just is a vindictive bitch.

I also agree with everyone saying they loved Craig in that scene....his cackle and "I didn't see that coming" when Mad said what she did was so funny I rewound it a couple times.  Also Eliza sleeping thru the whole thing was funny too.

Edited by Cupcake04
  • Love 5

Madison was wrong to involve Dani. (though I believe what was said) She should have told Shep the truth, that he's on his way to become a fifty year old pervert who goes to bars to "hook up" with college girls, because no grown woman will ever want him and his bullshit, that all he has going for him is his money, and that some day, when he's old and needy,  he'll cross paths with a real gold digger who will take him for every cent he has.  

Listen to what he said about Madison, she doesn't fit in, she belongs sitting on a bar stool that looks like a saddle.  No Shep, you're the one who's trash, and who'll end up on a fucking bar stool.

There is nothing attractive about Shep except his money.  He's unattractive, he doesn't have a good body, he looks like he smells, he's probably a drunk and he has no ambition.  

giphy.gif

Edited by Neurochick
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17
Just now, Neurochick said:

Madison was wrong to involve Dani. (though I believe what was said) She should have told Shep the truth, that he's on his way to become a fifty year old pervert who goes to bars to "hook up" with college girls, because no grown woman will ever want him and his bullshit, that all he has going for him is his money, and that some day, when he's old and needy,  he'll cross paths with a real gold digger who will take him for every cent he has.  

Maybe she should have, but she didn't....I don't think she is even capable...for as much as she brags that she stands up to them, she doesn't.. She just turns into a nasty bitch.  She sure didnt mind Shep when she wanted his gummies. 

• Love 3

For a man approaching 40, Shep is awfully invested in this cheesy romance. I'm not sure if he's jealous of Madison or Austen, but it's odd and it's pretty sad. That said, Madison sucks.

• Love 9

i hate shep, but maybe he was (a little bit) right about madison all along. austin is out of his league with her....she brings knives to a pillow fight.  he's too dumb to comprehend the situation, probably likes to be dominated.

• Love 9
On 7/31/2019 at 8:48 PM, heatherchandler said:

Does anyone think it’s NOT true?  Shep’s face totally gave it away.

Not for a minute.  

Shep's foot was going awfully fast during that whole scene.  He also turned REALLY red.  He was basically a duck paddling, trying to appear completely calm, but he was raging inside.  Then when he left the house and went over to the other house, he started carefully laying out the story, by "dropping hints" about how Madison was acting up.  He didn't come in raging, he didn't say "You won't believe what just happened!" He was all, "Oh, wow, she's really acting up"  So everyone would come to him for the story and he could frame it.

Then Austen walks in and Shep gives him a death stare, locks eyes and carefully lays out the cover story.  He's phrasing things in a way that makes it sound like they're talking about what happened, but it's "Can you believe she just said this?" and staring Austen down so that it's clear the message is "This is what she just said, this is the story"  

And only after all of that, as they are leaving does it occur to Shep to toss out to Chelsea, "It's not true, by the way"  

Madison shouldn't have said it, of course.  Hell, if she wanted to say it, she could have just left Danni out of it and said "We both know you've given people chlamydia" 

• Love 12

Over the years....Shep is constantly has the twitching leg.  It had nothing to do with the 'conversation'.  It's what he does.  Does it mean something?  Maybe.  Does it have anything to do with that conversation?  No.

Did Austen specifically say that Shep told him that he gave Danni an STD?  Correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't hear that.  I heard it as Austen sharing gossip.  Not actually verified fact. 

Saying that facial expressions verify that this 'must' be true is an over reach.  If Danni and Shep deny it, it's okay with me.  Why is this so called info so important except to embarrass Danni and Shep.  I'm not interested.  It's between the two of them.  And BTW, I have no reason to believe it.  It would be different if Danni accused Shep of giving her an STD.  She didn't.

• Love 6

If someone was walking around saying "Smores told me that Ryan gave Suzie the clap!" and I had never told anyone any such thing, the very first words out of my mouth would be "No I did not! Where did you even come up with that?"  Not "This is the problem I have with Madison, I love everything about her except this, she just flips sometimes" or "I got betrayed too" or "Why did you throw me under the bus?"  I would only say those types of things if I had, in fact, told someone that Ryan gave Suzie the clap and was just pissed that the person outed the info.  

• Love 13
On 7/31/2019 at 10:55 PM, scenicbyway said:

Why on earth would Shep tell Austen he gave Danni an STD?!  That’s not something to brag about dumbass. 

I think there is a chance that Shep didn’t tell Austen he gave Danni an STD, and that Austen made it up to manipulate Madison into not trying to date/sleep with Danni’s boyfriend. Meaning, Austen was implying that Danni’s boyfriend may have an untreated STD, that he got from Danni, who got it from Shep. 

Edited by SimonSeymour
  • Useful 7
  • Love 4

"The Clap" refers to gonorrhea not chlamydia. They're two very different STDs but both are treatable with antibiotics, unlike herpes or HPV. 

Shep telling Austen he gave chlamydia to Dani is an even worse betrayal than Austen repeating it to Madison, imo.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
6 hours ago, SimonSeymour said:

I think there is a chance that Shep didn’t tell Austen he gave Danni an STD, and that Austen made it up to manipulate Madison into not trying to date/sleep with Danni’s boyfriend. Meaning, Austen was implying that Danni’s boyfriend may have an untreated STD, that he got from Danni, who got it from Shep. 

Maybe, but the ability to think that through would make Austen smarter than I give him credit for. For me, Shep gave it away. Fist,  he was too casual about saying "she threw you under the bus" to Austin, and the way Shep was looking at Austen indicated to me that it is absolutely true. At least that is what Shep told Austen, and I can't think of any reason for Shep to make it up.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 10

I just don’t think it matters if it’s true or not.  It’s medical information that no one should be throwing out on national TV.  Madison is a lowlife and just wants her spot on the show.  Go home to your kid, dumbass.

• Love 24
7 hours ago, smores said:

If someone was walking around saying "Smores told me that Ryan gave Suzie the clap!" and I had never told anyone any such thing, the very first words out of my mouth would be "No I did not! Where did you even come up with that?"  Not "This is the problem I have with Madison, I love everything about her except this, she just flips sometimes" or "I got betrayed too" or "Why did you throw me under the bus?"  I would only say those types of things if I had, in fact, told someone that Ryan gave Suzie the clap and was just pissed that the person outed the info.  

They both denied it but people have parsed lhoe they denied it with not acknowledging that Austen said he was spreading gossip.  Danni and Shep dated years before they ever knew who Austen  was I imagine tons of denying at the reunion. Austen not knowing them when they actually dated so why does everyone believe it!

• Love 2

If that accusation was completely outlandish, didn’t have an ounce of true, there would be no reason for Dani to become so upset.

But this whole Austen and Madison story was one of their big story lines for the season after they lost Ravenel.  So you have to be suspicious that they’re playing it up when it may not Be a big deal.

Of course they’re going to try to stir the pot again with Ashley.  IRL they wouldn’t give her the time of day but they’re force to “sit down” with her over and over to collect those Bravo paychecks.

At this point, they’re probably memorizing and rehearsing scripted lines of dialog.

Or they might as well be.

• Love 1

Kathryn is still a shit and narcissistic friend to Danni. There was no comfort or outrage for her friend. As per usual. 

I did wonder though, if Kathryn was worried that she would be outed next for being another recipient of Shep’s STD, so she was too nervous to say much to Danni, lol. 

Madison-yea, extremely cool that she stands up for herself to these douchebag guys. However, her sociopathic death stare trumps that trait of “take no shit”. Why the HELL did she have to involve Danni?! AND rip on her for smoking? All with a self satisfied smirk on her face. Madison is scary and you could absolutely never trust her.

Austen is thinking with his little head, just like Thomas did with the redhead in his bed (sounds like lyrics for my new rap song). 

Why does Don have a Southern accent?? I thought he was a Yankee from NJ?! 

Craig is so burning with jealousy. Austen and Madison kiss and he’s making snarky comments. Madison shut his ass down. Craig is so dorky in many ways, mentality of a high schooler. 

Edited by Sage47
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Listen to what he said about Madison, she doesn't fit in, she belongs sitting on a bar stool that looks like a saddle.  No Shep, you're the one who's trash, and who'll end up on a fucking bar stool.

There is nothing attractive about Shep except his money.  He's unattractive, he doesn't have a good body, he looks like he smells, he's probably a drunk and he has no ambition.  

giphy.gif

I agree.  But, if she had told Shep that (the boldface above), he's so stunted, that he likely would have said, So......   I really think he has no qualms with being the hot mess that he is.  He likes himself that way.  Which takes it to a whole other level of f'd up.  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Choco9 said:

I just don’t think it matters if it’s true or not.  It’s medical information that no one should be throwing out on national TV.  Madison is a lowlife and just wants her spot on the show.  Go home to your kid, dumbass.

I don't think it matters either whether it's true or not. The toothpaste is out of the tube though.  It seemed to be true by the reactions, but, I'm going to assume that it isn't.  I'll just operate under that assumption, because, it's of no concern of mine.   And, Madison should apologize and say that she didn't know what she was talking about. I don't think that makes her a bad person though.  However, reality shows are promoted by scandal, drama and innuendo.  Lots of scandalous allegations are made.  It's my understanding that the cast members sign waivers not to sue Bravo or other cast members. Otherwise, people would be very careful about what they say.  This is so they can have free reign to be uninhibited.  Unfortunately, people do get hurt. I equate it to professional wrestling, which is fake, staged and yet people still really get hurt during those stunts.  It's a risk you take when you sign up for it, imo.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, scrb said:

If that accusation was completely outlandish, didn’t have an ounce of true, there would be no reason for Dani to become so upset.

Omg I would be so upset if someone made up a lie about me and repeated it on national tv!

• Love 12

There's a new movie out called "Good Boys." The trailer has little boys fascinated and horrified at adult sexual goings-on. I checked to see if their names were Shep, Craig and Austen.

Southern misogyny clothed in superficial charm and manners, that's our boys. Shep's and Craig's rage and loathing over women they cannot control is especially troubling.

Too bad Madison had to get in the gutter to try to dominate an argument with Mr. I Know More Than Anybody Else on the Planet. If she'd have controlled her temper, she'd have truly bested him.

I think I counted three sets of bolt-ons in the hot springs.

I hope they get rid of Dani. She's a desperate hanger-on and her victim act is tiresome. She's finagled her way toward camera time since season one. She's not clever enough or tough enough to play in reality TV.

Didn't we see Shep's doctor warning him about serious liver or kidney problems several years ago? I'm convinced he's an alcoholic. It's written all over his face.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

She's a desperate hanger-on and her victim act is tiresome. She's finagled her way toward camera time since season one. She's not clever enough or tough enough to play in reality TV

Season one she was Shep’s ex friend to Cam and turned down a hookup with Thomas. Both Naomie and Danni have turned down full cast status and the paycheck that accompanies it until this season when Kathryn need friends to film with they were both just friends of the cast.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Really!!!! I also have to question Danni for still being friends with a player douchebag that gave her an STD. What the hell is wrong with that girl? Where is her self esteem? 

Weren't they making out at a party a few episodes back?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

I hope they get rid of Dani. She's a desperate hanger-on and her victim act is tiresome. She's finagled her way toward camera time since season one. She's not clever enough or tough enough to play in reality TV.

SO MUCH - such a hanger-on.  She just sits there, tilted- slack jawed.  Maybe that is a side-effect of chlamydia.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Danni and Shep? No.

Yes, they were seen making out in the other room at Thomas’ dinner party. The first one- where Craig called out Kathryn for sleeping with three people at the table. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:
8 minutes ago, Sage47 said:

Yes, they were seen making out in the other room at Thomas’ dinner party. The first one- where Craig called out Kathryn for sleeping with three people at the table. 

Haven’t seen first season in ages but the quote that I was responding to said it happened a few episodes ago. They dated seriously before the show started filming and both have acknowledged that. So season one? Yes. When we first meet Danni, Shep says that she is his last serious relationship. And Thomas awkwardly tried to date her after his hookup with Kathryn because she was “classier” and she shot him down because he was a convicted felon.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5

Austen is one spineless wiffle-waffle muppet mouth. Chelsea was right last season - dude cannot just stand up for anyone and stick to some principles. He'll never cut the cord from Shep, because as Madison said, Shep is his gateway for sleeping around Charleston. 

Now I hope Madison and Shep eventually hook up. Maybe she's the "unicorn" after all. They deserve each other.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 7/31/2019 at 7:05 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I really don't care for Shep any more.  If he were only half as great as he thinks he is. A legend in his own mind.

Madison may have issues, but she's giving her all on this job. (Bravo)There's something really bewitching about her. I agree with Austen on that. Is Austen that popular around town? I'd think that Madison could do better.

Perhaps Madison can do better? (as bad as she is)...but it happens to be Austen who’s on a popular Bravo television show...she made it and is on show herself

Production driven hiring???

Shep’s viewer popularity has taken an hit in recent years.

of course it pays to find ANYBODY on the outs with him to come on show and stand up to him ...argues....appease the masses...🤷‍♀️

Epic fail... bad call...she failed..but Shep sure didn’t win bragging about his “argument prowess”...really dude?

but wishy washy “Muppet Mouth” Austen goes back and forth from being mad at her to being “bewitched”

(OT...have I mentioned the props I give to commenter giving Austen the Muppet Mouth moniker?👍🤣)

icky

BTW...I’m one of the many who is completely disenchanted w/Shep.

yucky x 100

Edited by Shellbell59
Loser Shep mention
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

SO MUCH - such a hanger-on.  She just sits there, tilted- slack jawed.  Maybe that is a side-effect of chlamydia.

And fainting (dehydrated) on trips.

Is that another side effect of chlamydia? I dunno...

I can say is the wasted night in Colorado at dinner table there was a moment where her doe eyes looked up at him that said it all...she’s still smitten..regardless of “Gentry”.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, scrb said:

But this whole Austen and Madison story was one of their big story lines for the season after they lost Ravenel.  So you have to be suspicious that they’re playing it up when it may not Be a big deal.

Of course they’re going to try to stir the pot again with Ashley.  IRL they wouldn’t give her the time of day but they’re force to “sit down” with her over and over to collect those Bravo paychecks.

At this point, they’re probably memorizing and rehearsing scripted lines of dialog.

Or they might as well be.

All of this!

As far as Ashley’s appearances..

i feel EVERY scene is “scripted improv”....she repeats herself with fake comments asking for leniency...

along with “oh....thank you so much” on repeat... geez 

go already!

15 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

No.

I was kidding...I know the side affects 

Shep gave it to me....just kidding again 😆

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

When Donny was first introduced, if I recall correctly they seemed to make much of his partying, frat-boy history, but he seems too sane for this show.  I really appreciated him waking up and groaning at the mess and picking at least a little of it up.  

Oddly, though, then he poked around for Eliza and eventually walked right into (don't know if it was originally just Austen's or just Madison's) room!  Unless Eliza has a history of sleepwalking we don't know about, that was very odd.  Maybe not quite as odd if it was Madison's room and he thought Eliza might be visiting with Madison.  But still!

I'm too thrifty--as they are all sitting around waiting for the bus for what seemed like hours, I kept looking at the two six-packs sitting out and wondering if they were just going to leave them there--can't take them on the plane unless they squeeze them into the checked baggage--maybe they were going to drink them on the long bus ride?  But they were sitting out, room temp!

Those houses looked palatial from the outside, but I noticed all the leather furniture had hair-oil and hand-oil stains on the backs of the couches and the fronts of the arms.  Gross.  And now they're even dirtier after this crew, LOL!

Cameran feebly calling out "Palmer!" as the new-ish walker runs ahead at the aquarium--that's not how it works, sweetie.  I know, having raised a very impulsive and very speedy kid.  Couldn't trust him not to step into traffic for lots longer than most kids!  That said, also, let the kid test her legs, if the aquarium is that uncrowded!  It's a safe place for her to run.  

Minor peeve:  Don't say the moray eel is scary!  I mean, also don't stick your hand in front of animals that might bite, but don't inculcate unnecessary fears of nature's creatures!  LOL at Grandma saying she could pet an alligator though and Cameran reacting.  

• Love 2
On 8/2/2019 at 9:37 AM, biakbiak said:

Haven’t seen first season in ages but the quote that I was responding to said it happened a few episodes ago. They dated seriously before the show started filming and both have acknowledged that. So season one? Yes. When we first meet Danni, Shep says that she is his last serious relationship. And Thomas awkwardly tried to date her after his hookup with Kathryn because she was “classier” and she shot him down because he was a convicted felon.

My bad! I may have said a few episodes ago...but I meant to say a few seasons ago...sorry 

it’s a lysdexic thing

BTW FOR ‘HATERS’ ...my post re: jealous TROLLS WHATEVER...!!!!

? Is that what they’re called? Im not jealous or a troll..

not sure what they are called or what they are for sure 

..but I really am lo-tec

...with my limited social media acumen....which is null ...wish I could quit membership...but can’t...187 requests/messages...but noooo effing way ..how’d ya do this?

don't attack an unarmed old fart.

Earlier post I was joking OK! Just my opinion for Gawd sakes....

help....

mom out..Thought I could have a little bit of fun but I didn’t realize people were so freaking serious

yes...I am dyslexic...sorry to disappoint...but I’m a volunteer and NOT jesting about my own

Edited by Shellbell59
  • LOL 3
4 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Southern misogyny clothed in superficial charm and manners, that's our boys. Shep's and Craig's rage and loathing over women they cannot control is especially troubling.

I have lived in both the north and the south and southern manners are not all they are cracked up to be.  They are, for the most part, a very surface thing, something designed to be a point of pride for the person who "has" them.  In my experience, good manners in the "north" are more about functionality in living around other people, you learn to move about in and among other people in a way that doesn't intrude on others.  In a dr's office, you keep your voice down while sitting in a waiting room, you don't talk loudly in a restaurant, in a store, you try to keep your cart out of the way of others, say excuse me and if you are considering 2 items, you try to be sure you're not blocking things someone else might want to get while you are standing there.  

In the south, on the other hand, manners tend to be more a function of "not noticing" other people's bad behavior.  It doesn't matter if you block the aisle at the grocery store, it's rude of the other person to notice.  If you are having a loud conversation in a dr's office waiting room, the other people eavesdropping are rude, not you for disturbing the room.  You wouldn't dream of noticing that someone was having a loud conversation, you'd sit there and read away, so therefore, you're the one with better manners.  

This isn't to say that everyone in the south is like this and everyone in the north isn't.  But that's generally my experience.  It likely has a lot to do with cities and population, too, as you have to be more aware of how you interact with those around you when you are in a denser area.  

But if you look at the way the whole weed dinner went down, it's a good example of it.  Shep and Austen were way over the line with their behavior.  Everyone else was sitting there uncomfortable, but no one was going to say, listen, I think you've had enough and it's time to stop.  They're all just uneasily pretending that it didn't happen.  The next morning, Shep is laughing his ass off at it and no one is like, you know, it was a bit much.  Shep has tried to kiss Chelsea, Austen won't confront him.  He called Madison white trash, Austen really won't confront him.  It's ridiculous.  We just saw footage last night of all of the women talking about how Shep has made them cry, yet when he acts up, none of them say anything, they all pretend it isn't happening.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Jobiska said:

I'm too thrifty--as they are all sitting around waiting for the bus for what seemed like hours, I kept looking at the two six-packs sitting out and wondering if they were just going to leave them there--can't take them on the plane unless they squeeze them into the checked baggage--maybe they were going to drink them on the long bus ride?  But they were sitting out, room temp!

Same!  And they were 90 Schilling which is one of my favorites to drink while in CO.  Seeing them sit there was stressing me out!

• Love 2
9 hours ago, snarts said:

"The Clap" refers to gonorrhea not chlamydia. They're two very different STDs but both are treatable with antibiotics, unlike herpes or HPV. 

Shep telling Austen he gave chlamydia to Dani is an even worse betrayal than Austen repeating it to Madison, imo.  

Thank U!  I think this entire Chlamydia thing has gotten out of control.  If what happened is true (which I too think it is) it's not really that big of a deal but people are flipping out like Shep gave her HIV or something.  It's a shame there is such a stigma behind this and it's used a slut shamming tool.  And I'm sad Danni is so embarrassed about it.

Edited by Dirtybubble
Forgot something
  • Love 7

I'm sure Shep's parents have been ready for him to get off the show for a while now, because every season shows him more for the embarassment he really is, so this episode must have made them SUPER PROUD.  I feel bad for Danni's family having to witness this mess, too.  She dated him back when he was still considered datable, and he gave her an STI.  No reason in the world she should have had this information revealed. But I'm glad that the focus of this being revealed has been that Madison is awful for revealing it, and that Shep is awful for having done it, and then telling Austen.  I think he told Craig, too, because Craig didn't react like he'd never heard it before, only that he didn't expect it to be said then... but somehow, uncharacteristically, Craig managed to keep his mouth shut about it.  Or maybe not...Naomie didn't seem shocked by the allegations, either.  Poor Danni, it's all so wretched, but no one is looking at her as less of a person after all this, just Shep and Madison. 

Makes you kind of wonder if things are all in working order with Shep, now that we know he has plenty of unprotected sex - he is able to spread disease and infections but has so far managed not to impregnate anyone?  Hmmm.  I won't be shocked if he somehow does find some poor woman he decides to settle down and have a family with one day, far from now, and the having children part ends up being an issue.

I like seeing the transition Cameran has made into being a parent and changing her priorities.  But I don't really like it when anyone says, "I've learned what's really important" when comparing previous life to parent life.  Just because traveling with friends to go skiing, smoke some weed, drink and have fun isn't what she's into now doesn't mean there is anything wrong with doing those things.  Instead of saying she's learned that being with Palmer is what's really important, maybe she could have said, "The priorities in my life have changed and now what's most important to me is being with Palmer."  It just seemed like it implied there is something wrong with doing those things, because now she's a mom and SOOOO SUPERIOR.  Maybe that's not how she meant it, though.

I'm glad Craig had one episode where he didn't act out.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Signing on to this. Maybe this is why I can't get all outraged about what Madison said. I don't enjoy Danni at all. She is boring and, quite honestly, I could easily do without a Kathryn as well. Without the Thomas drama, she is as boring as Dani. Madison is definitely a biotch, but at least she is bringing some drama. Maybe it's just me, but I don't find myself remotely interested in Kathryn's latest boyfriend or riveted to find out if Craig is ever going to sell a pillow. 

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, chlban said:

Signing on to this. Maybe this is why I can't get all outraged about what Madison said. I don't enjoy Danni at all. She is boring and, quite honestly, I could easily do without a Kathryn as well. Without the Thomas drama, she is as boring as Dani. Madison is definitely a biotch, but at least she is bringing some drama. Maybe it's just me, but I don't find myself remotely interested in Kathryn's latest boyfriend or riveted to find out if Craig is ever going to sell a pillow. 

Whatever outrage you're seeing is probably irrelevant to how many of us feel about Danni. She can be as boring, uninterested looking as possible, to many, none of those things make it justifiable to repeat secondhand information. It's one thing to want to embarrass someone with outing a 'secret', but it's a whole other level of shitty to repeat secondhand information that you have no way of knowing if it's true or not and then to double down in that moment and try to justify why it was okay for her to say it, it was just an all around piece of shit move by Madison.

I don't know if it's true or not, but if it is, Shep needs his head examined if he thinks it's cool, funny or even appropriate to be sharing that kind of information with other people.

• Love 15
19 hours ago, smores said:

Not for a minute.  

Shep's foot was going awfully fast during that whole scene.  He also turned REALLY red.  He was basically a duck paddling, trying to appear completely calm, but he was raging inside.  Then when he left the house and went over to the other house, he started carefully laying out the story, by "dropping hints" about how Madison was acting up.  He didn't come in raging, he didn't say "You won't believe what just happened!" He was all, "Oh, wow, she's really acting up"  So everyone would come to him for the story and he could frame it.

Then Austen walks in and Shep gives him a death stare, locks eyes and carefully lays out the cover story.  He's phrasing things in a way that makes it sound like they're talking about what happened, but it's "Can you believe she just said this?" and staring Austen down so that it's clear the message is "This is what she just said, this is the story"  

And only after all of that, as they are leaving does it occur to Shep to toss out to Chelsea, "It's not true, by the way"  

Madison shouldn't have said it, of course.  Hell, if she wanted to say it, she could have just left Danni out of it and said "We both know you've given people chlamydia" 

Some people are fidgety I am one, doesn’t mean he’s on drugs, giving him the benefit of the doubt

• Love 2

OMG...

i JUST NOW saw ‘scenes from NEXT week...on Southern Charm’

(With regard to Austen and Madison’...Cam and Shep meeting in a restaurant.

cut toCam “she has something on him maybe he’s a sexual deviant” ...Shep’s response...”OH....I KNOW he is....On Valentine’s Day he spelled out ‘ butt stuff’ rose petals.

BFD...AUSTEN is a meely (sp?) Muppet Mouth

who knows what’s true....but who gives a shit if a bit of “prison love” goes on..in privacy of a couple?

asshole Muppet is worst of ALL for sharing it....North or South...fucking bad manners...period.

Did I mention?...shout out to whoever created the moniker Austen as Muppet mouth!?! 👍

Edited by Shellbell59
  • Love 3

Doesn’t really matter..so OT

.but I’ve seen comments about Shep constantly moving his foot...I would agree but it happens all the time!...now...

if you notice closely Austen occasionally does it as well

.nope...it’s a normal tic...

its a habit no different than a person cracking knuckles or strumming their fingers like a piano on a flat surface...or somebody who flips or handles their hair constantly...

It happens especially in hyperactive ppl...it helps get thru any abnormal situation to keep oneself busy (even if the don’t realize)...And/Or It’s a reaction to boredom.

Most all of us have a bit of repeating movements in life no matter what the conversation

i do it too ADHD..discovered later in life after ppl knew about it

• Love 4

People have tics that don't necessarily MEAN anything, but Shep's foot shaking is off the charts when he feels challenged or thinks he may be criticized. He's extremely insecure, which is the root of his womanizing, misogyny, failure to launch, inability to hold a real job, and offensive snobbery. And IMO it makes him extremely unattractive. 

I don't understand the idea that Dani shouldn't feel ashamed or angry about the STI blurt - I sure as shit would be. She wasn't a detail for busted Jessica Simpson to reveal, and Dani gets to feel however she wants. Madison did a further nasty thing by implicating Dani and then continuing to attack her because she was an easy target. She did not continue to attack Shep in the same way. And then K wouldn't even stand up for her friend and just confirmed the rumor by her silence & nonchalant eye roll. Doesn't Dani have a friend?? Lord. 

• Love 11