Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Who Put the Mad in Madison?

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Episodes happen in episode time.  This does not include current Instagram, twitter, other social media or articles. Those things can be discussed in character or media threads.

• Start Topic

After a raucous night in Colorado, Cameran and Whitney hightail it back to Charleston, while the others hit the hot springs; Austen and Madison's road to reconciliation is a rocky one; Madison repeats a rumor that throws Shep and Danni under the bus.

Original air date 2019.07.31

• Love 1
Just now, Pickles said:

I missed the first few minutes. Where are Cam and Whitney?

They left a day early. Cam missed Palmer and Whitney wasn’t happy about being confronted the night before re: the sleeping with Kat. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Emmeline said:

Considering Shep sleeps with different women of a daily basis and has admitted he often leaved protection up to the woman, I wouldn’t be a bit surprised what he spreads around.

When was that because when he slept with Kathryn and she had her first pregnancy scare with Thomas he talked about how he always used condoms so wasn’t worried and that would have been when he was with Dani.

• Love 4

Austin really is foolish to trust Madison, much as I don’t want to agree with Shep on anything.

2 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Yeah Kathryn, how rude of Shep to try to win arguments using his words.  To confuse you.  🤣

She may have been talking about gaslighting.

• Love 18

Austin’s a shit for sharing it and he is totally deflecting to Shep as the asshole.  

That was a low blow on Madison’s part; however Dani was pretty damn smug sharing her info about Madison earlier which led to Madison being  dumped.

But Shep totally gave Dani the Clap.

Edited by AttackTurtle
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, AttackTurtle said:

however Dani was pretty damn smug sharing her info about Madison earlier which led to Madison being  dumped.

But it didn’t they were on and off since the threesome and Madison acknowledges that what Dani said happened happened she just said she didn’t know about it and Dani never said Madison knew and accepted Madison on her face when she said she didn’t know.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 7

I can't stand Shep and his arrogance.  I can't stand Madison just because.  They're both wrong.  I feel bad for Dani.  I think there's a difference between telling someone that they hit on their boyfriend and saying someone got a std from someone.  And besides, Dani had the receipts.  Madison did not.

As for Austen, 'Madisin' is the best he's ever gonna do in the looks department.  He's such a loser.

Whit is such the odd man out. 

• Love 23

Little Palmer is so cute. Cam and her mother are both very pretty. 

Shep has become so unlikable. He really is not aging well either. When he was talking to Austen, he looked rough. 

What is Eliza bringing to the show? I guess she just brings Ashley. She appears next week again. Ugh. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

When was that because when he slept with Kathryn and she had her first pregnancy scare with Thomas he talked about how he always used condoms so wasn’t worried and that would have been when he was with Dani.

I agree he did tell Thomas that he used something when he had sex with Kathryn during season 1.  

However, at the very beginning of the Season 1 reunion Andy asks Shep about it and he says he assumes his partner uses it.

https://www.bravotv.com/southern-charm/season-1/episode-9/videos/will-shep-be-the-next-southern-charm-dad

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

But it didn’t they were on and off since the threesome and Madison acknowledges that what Dani said happened happened she just said she didn’t know about it and Dani never said Madison knew and accepted Madison on her face when she said she didn’t know.

I gotta be honest, I had to read that sentence a few times.  My recollection was the two of them enjoying a romantic meal or two.  Shortly thereafter, the boys told him Dani’s story and he pretty much dumped her on the phone.

Kathryn should be a little nervous because I think SC has found a legit new minx.  IMO Madison is gorgeous and doesn’t seem shy about confrontation.  Furthermore, she doesn’t appear out of it on anti-depressants all the time.

Kathryn can go scratch in her complaining about Shep.  He’s repeatedly stood up for Kathryn and tried to include her.  Not to mention she seems to like going back to his bed.

But....Shep.  Oh how you’ve fallen.   Madison appears to have a pretty good little business, is a knockout, and is not bowled over by you.   And calling anyone “white trash” is not cool, but a single mom to boot is just not “kind”.  Remember when being kind was a thing for Shep?

Edited by AttackTurtle
  • Love 24
3 minutes ago, AttackTurtle said:

recollection was the two of them enjoying a romantic meal or two.  Shortly thereafter, the boys told him Dani’s story and he pretty much dumped her on the phone.

The only time I remember the two of them sitting at a table together was outside at a table when they were talking about not being sure where they were at which was at the start of the season and not at all romantic. They have both consistently said they were on and off.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

The only time I remember the two of them sitting at a table together was outside at a table when they were talking about not being sure where they were at which was at the start of the season and not at all romantic. They have both consistently said they were on and off.

I remember her at his apartment, having dinner, while sitting on the floor.  And whether they were on/off, he hung up on her when he called her about Dani’s boyfriend.  It appeared there was legit hurt on both sides.  We can agree to disagree on this one.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, AttackTurtle said:

I remember her at his apartment, having dinner, while sitting on the floor.  And whether they were on/off, he hung up on her when he called her about Dani’s boyfriend.  It appeared there was legit hurt on both sides.  We can agree to disagree on this one.

I must have missed that. But my point is that what happened with Dani’s boyfriend Madison agrees happened. If Austin didn’t believe Madison that she had nothing to do with it that’s on their relationship not Dani. Outing someone STDs on camera based on second hand gossip is not the same thing in my opinion.

• Love 14

Why on earth would Shep tell Austen he gave Danni an STD?!  That’s not something to brag about dumbass. 

Shep is right, there is something very wrong with the Madison/Austen relationship.  His parents must be cringing.  Austen is desperate for her and she seems like she’s just playing with him.  Austen is basically an uneducated Craig.

I also think Cam and Whitney always planned to leave when they did.  Jason probably had to take time off work to watch P and needed to get back.  We already know he’s the only person other than Cam that can take P anywhere.

I don’t get why Whitney and Katherine slept together, he’s been vocal about his dislike of her through the years. I hope it wasn’t a casting couch scenario. It’s bizarre that he’s denying it, even his mother knows.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, scenicbyway said:

I also think Cam and Whitney always planned to leave when they did.  Jason probably had to take time off work to watch P and needed to get back.  We already know he’s the only person other than Cam that can take P anywhere.

I think they had always planned to leave when they did because she said it was a two day trip but based on the schedule that she went over with Jason on the phone his mother and her mother were taking care of her while Jason was working.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

I must have missed that. But my point is that what happened with Dani’s boyfriend Madison agrees happened. If Austin didn’t believe Madison that she had nothing to do with it that’s on their relationship not Dani. Outing someone STDs on camera based on second hand gossip is not the same thing in my opinion.

My original post clearly states that what Madison did was a low blow.  I don’t condone it, but Danni has willingly engaged in multiple conflicts on this show; hence I’m not fully on the Dani’s a “victim” train.

• Love 11

If these people would stop gossiping, there'd be no issues. Then again, there wouldn't be a reality TV show either.

From the conversation between Madison and Austen in the hot spring, it sounds like she's looking for exclusivity but Austen, while saying he doesn't want to lose her, still wants to sleep with every woman in Charleston. Then he bitches that she wants him to change. If he truly feels the way he says he does about Madison, he's got to make some semblance of a commitment. IMO, she's not asking for a ring; she just wants him to stop sleeping around. Meanwhile, Austen wants Madison but also wants to reap the benefits of his local fame with the women of Charleston. Pick a lane, Austen. You can't do both.

I loved seeing little Palmer at the aquarium. Adorable. 

• Love 17

Madison, Austen and Shep should just enter in some sort of three way relationship and call it a day.

They all have a sliver of right in their arguments that is totally subsumed by the ocean of suck that is their personality.

It would be doing the world a favor to limit their misery among themselves.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Irritable said:

It also sucked that Kathryn couldn’t at least give Dani a hug, or back her up by saying things like “That bitch!!!! I can’t believe she did that to you!” How many times has Dani been there for her and this time all Kathryn could manage was to mumble “just let it in one ear and out the other”. Sure, Kathryn, like you would do in the same situation? No, you would be humiliated and furious like Dani was, like anyone would be.  

4 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I'm disappointed that Katheryn did little to defend Danni

2 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

And yes, after Danni has spent MULTIPLE seasons standing up for Kathryn, the least Kathryn could do was pretend to be mad on Danni’s behalf. Instead, she just stares at her, then has a “men suck, amirite???” bonding session with Madison when they get back.

I just needed to quote all of you who I feel like are my people.  I was texting with a friend last night that Kathryn is an asshole.  Danni certainly stood up to Ashley last season when she was coming for Kathryn and Kathryn coulnd't muster any inflection or emotion into her voice when talking to Danni?  She is just so boring to me and that is a lot to say about someone who has children with Thomas.  Why does everyone coddle her?  And next week, 

Spoiler

everyone bends over backwards for her when Ashley shows up at the hunt. She's an adult-she needs to learn how to stand up for herself.

I am done with Madison.  I had been liking her, but that was a low blow.  Her response afterwards actually bothered me more.  If I remember correctly (100% possibility I don't), when the story came out at Naomi's restaurant, they speculated who the guy was until Danni finally said it was Gentry.  It didn't seem gleeful or gossipy to me (and I would've been on a group text with "OMG LISTEN TO THIS" if I was Danni).  I also would've said something like "Well who knows what Austen gave you since you caught him cheating on you once with two women." But I'm a jerk.

And yesterday when I got to work, I noticed I looked tired from the two (and a half) glasses of wine I had the night before.  Compared to Shep in the last scene, I looked like a fresh faced goddess.  He looked ill-he needs a 30 day detox.  Didn't the doctor tell him to stop drinking so much?    

• Love 24

Chelsea at the breakfast bar with her ear buds in and on her phone would totally be me vacationing with this crew.

It was like her ass was stapled to that stool.

Edited by bosawks
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

Add me to the “Kathryn is a shitty friend” chorus here—-she is so beyond self-centered. Several people cared enough to comfort her when she had her previous bitch-fit about the pot-dinner, but god forbid she shows a shred of compassion for her friend Danni crying about a false chlamydia rumor spread about her. Just stare at her like she’s an alien and mumble something vague, sure, whatever. God forbid Kathryn had been on the receiving end of that; she’d be scorching that entire camp with her fury.

So we’ve gone from polo matches and charity balls on this show to claims of chlamydia and smoking menthol cigarettes. Tell me again we haven’t devolved from “Southern Charm” to “Vanderpump Rules.”

I actually don’t mind Madison still. That wasn’t nice of her, but maybe she finally decided to show just how “white trash” she really is and was sick of gross Shep and his gang making her feel less than.

Dare I say, thank god for Eliza. Beyond Patricia, she’s the only one left on this show who hosts more decent recent outings for the cast than just gossipy lunches, pathetic drunken/boring excuses of house parties and drug-fueled lame vacays. 

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, tranquilidade said:

Did anyone notice his foot wiggling like mad during the discussion with Madison on the couch? His body language is very revealing.  He was raging under that mask. 

That and I always assumed he's jonesing for something stronger than alcohol or pot when he's twitching away like that.

I think he and Craig need to make some stark choices about a less altered consciousness path in the near future.

• Love 22
7 hours ago, Irritable said:

I don’t think of Dani telling her friends that Madison hit on her boyfriend, and did it while also dating her friend, as gossip because she was directly involved.  It was her story to tell if she wanted, but that’s not the case with the secret Madison unleashed. I remember being pissed earlier in the season when Dani apologized to Madison for telling Craig what she did.  Madison was smug then, too, and certainly didn’t apologize for hitting on Dani’s man. I get why she wanted to lash out at Shep, he was asking for it, but using that information knowing it would hurt Dani too was horrid. 

It also sucked that Kathryn couldn’t at least give Dani a hug, or back her up by saying things like “That bitch!!!! I can’t believe she did that to you!” How many times has Dani been there for her and this time all Kathryn could manage was to mumble “just let it in one ear and out the other”. Sure, Kathryn, like you would do in the same situation? No, you would be humiliated and furious like Dani was, like anyone would be.  

Shep is a pig. Austen is a moron. Madison will shank everyone in the room if cornered. 

As much as I disliked Eliza in the first episode, I’ve come around now and really like her. She seems chill and fun to go on a trip with, she’s cute with her boyfriend who seems like a real sweetheart, she’s apparently not high maintenance. I’ve got no problem with who she seems to be as a person, and bringing Ashley around for drama is obviously part of her job on this show. 

Agree about Eliza and her boyfriend, and yes, Madison is dangerous, but the show needs some drama and she is bringing it. Kathryn is bringing nothing this year, and her lack of reaction last night is just one example. She appears too heavily drugged or bored to add anything and the girl is painfully dumb. I would much rather watch Madison. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Kathryn is such a mess I don't know what to think about her.  Every scene she is in lacks substance or life.  All she does is parade around in what she thinks is high fashion and she looks out of place and ridiculous.  It seems she wants to break into modeling but I don't see that happening and I hope her furniture business becomes a great success so she can support herself.  She needs to get her personal life together. 

I don't believe Madison cares one bit about Danni and I'm not sure she really wants Austen.  I think she sees a future on the show and she may be right.  There is a vacuum at the present time and she could fill it.  

• Love 16