Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E09: Ready When You Are

druzy
  • Start Topic

I was so worried for Nova Ring when she was on the counter, especially as Tyler was cooking meat in a skillet so close by.  I’m very paranoid about that stuff.  Shit happens. Which it did. I’m glad she didn’t somehow burn herself because grease pops!

Caitlyn is so dated. She needs to turn the notch down on her makeup gun. At least she’s not five-heading anymore since she’s doing her hair. Also, I had a white limo for prom in the ‘80s. She really did think she was VIP, didn’t she?

Maci’s storyline is so boring. 

Amber—same.

Cheyenne—I only wanna see Cory. He’s nice eye candy.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, zenme said:

I was so worried for Nova Ring when she was on the counter, especially as Tyler was cooking meat in a skillet so close by.  I’m very paranoid about that stuff.  Shit happens. Which it did. I’m glad she didn’t somehow burn herself because grease pops!

Tyler’s explanation:

0D0D82AC-7AAA-486F-9D3C-44BF18973982.jpeg

• LOL 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Tyler is a fucking liar.

He really is a liar and very defensive. So is Cate. Actually they all are fucking liars.

You're such a fucking liar Tyler- I couldn't resist  

Edited by druzy
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4

I’m not a perfect parent either. It just seems like it would be common sense. Remember when Sophia (Farrah Abraham) was left unattended in the kitchen sink bath and she burned herself when she turned on the hot water? She’s lucky she didn’t flip out onto the kitchen floor... Common sense, Baltierra.

• Love 7

They are so effing on the defense ALL THE TIME.  It must be exhausting.  But then again, they are stunted at age 12, with a bank account of someone who actually adults and works.  The things they post just magnifies how out of touch they are with their peers in the real world.  It’s clear that they have no one in their lives to relate to that live in reality.  Not reality TV.

• Love 7

I have plenty of friends with kids that young or younger that let their kids sit on the counters.  Shit happens.  When I was six I asked my mom to help me sit on a set of monkey bar type of things (it was a single bar so not really sure how I thought I was going to balance myself at 6 years old). She did and I immediately fell off and broke my wrist. And to this day I say I blame her for allowing me to do it and we laugh about it.

And Cate is exhausted because she does absolutely nothing. I can feel more exhausted by a super slow day at work or a day at home watching tv all day - than a day where I'm actually up and moving around. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Dmarie019 said:

And Cate is exhausted because she does absolutely nothing. I can feel more exhausted by a super slow day at work or a day at home watching tv all day - than a day where I'm actually up and moving around. 

Second that!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Dmarie019 said:

I have plenty of friends with kids that young or younger that let their kids sit on the counters.  Shit happens.  When I was six I asked my mom to help me sit on a set of monkey bar type of things (it was a single bar so not really sure how I thought I was going to balance myself at 6 years old). She did and I immediately fell off and broke my wrist. And to this day I say I blame her for allowing me to do it and we laugh about it.

That's the thing - shit happens - so I don't let my kids sit on the counters.  I, as the parent try to avoid shit like broken wrists, etc.  My kids do enough stupid shit without me noticing.  I may be over-doing it by not letting them sit on the counter, but why not say no and avoid an accident?  It's not like it's mean to do so.  

I agree with you about not having energy because of not doing anything - the more I sit around and chill, the less I want to do.  It's like I need the momentum of getting up early, taking a shower and heading into work to get me going.  I get so depressed when I do nothing all day.  It's like a weird anxiety.  She would do well with a routine and even a part time job.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

That's the thing - shit happens - so I don't let my kids sit on the counters.  I, as the parent try to avoid shit like broken wrists, etc.  My kids do enough stupid shit without me noticing.  I may be over-doing it by not letting them sit on the counter, but why not say no and avoid an accident?  It's not like it's mean to do so.  

I agree with you about not having energy because of not doing anything - the more I sit around and chill, the less I want to do.  It's like I need the momentum of getting up early, taking a shower and heading into work to get me going.  I get so depressed when I do nothing all day.  It's like a weird anxiety.  She would do well with a routine and even a part time job.  

i'll admit, it makes me cringe when my friend puts her 3 year old on the counter.  I'd be paranoid myself but I'm not a parent so I don't voice any concerns. Well maybe I did once... 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

It's not even the fact that he put her on the counter that bothers me. It may not be the wisest thing to do, but parenthood is full of misjudgments. My problem is the fact that he can't just say, "yeah that was dumb." He has to tell an obvious lie, attack the hand that feeds him (AGAIN) by relying on the "MTV edited us bad" claim and get all defensive.

• Love 9

Maci: I don't want to go on birth control because it affects my body and I shouldn't have to make a decision that could bring me potential complications..

Also Maci: You need surgery and have to make the decision right now.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

What bothered me the most about the Nova on the kitchen counter incident was that when she fell, it looked like she came down HARD on her wrist.  She was crying as if she was in pain but instead of checking her out for any injuries, C & T both repeatedly told her, "You're okay!".  It looked to me like she was still holding her wrist away.

And yes, it's TACO NIGHT!!!  But you can't be bothered to sit down as a family to eat said tacos?  C & T were eating them, standing up, next to the stove, no plates involved even.  Oh, the energy involved in actually getting plates, utensils, napkins out to set the table must be just too much for these losers!

• Love 3

We had one of those stepstool/chair things that I believe were government-mandated for every middle class kitchen in the 1950's.  I can't imagine our mother sitting our dirty little butts on her spotless kitchen counter when she was preparing food on it.

vintage-american-children-s-chair-1950s-3.jpg

• Love 13
43 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

We had one of those stepstool/chair things that I believe were government-mandated for every middle class kitchen in the 1950's.  I can't imagine our mother sitting our dirty little butts on her spotless kitchen counter when she was preparing food on it.

AKA the hair cutting chair!!! 🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
51 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

7 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

AKA the hair cutting chair!!! 🤣🤣🤣

It was the telephone chair at my house. Way back when you had to sit in one place to talk. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, A-Lo said:

And yes, it's TACO NIGHT!!!  But you can't be bothered to sit down as a family to eat said tacos?  C & T were eating them, standing up, next to the stove, no plates involved even.  Oh, the energy involved in actually getting plates, utensils, napkins out to set the table must be just too much for these losers!

Imagine how they eat when the cameras aren't there?

On 8/6/2019 at 11:50 AM, A-Lo said:

What bothered me the most about the Nova on the kitchen counter incident was that when she fell, it looked like she came down HARD on her wrist.  She was crying as if she was in pain but instead of checking her out for any injuries, C & T both repeatedly told her, "You're okay!".  It looked to me like she was still holding her wrist away.

I bet it’s the cleanup they didn’t want to do ... loading a dishwasher.  How can we expect do much of these 2?  Don’t we understand their pain ? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 8/6/2019 at 2:45 AM, mamadrama said:

Maci: I don't want to go on birth control because it affects my body and I shouldn't have to make a decision that could bring me potential complications..

Also Maci: You need surgery and have to make the decision right now.

I'm sorry, are you SURPRISED Queen Maci is a hypocrite? Where have you been?🧐 Hi, this is Teen Mom lol🤣🤣🤣🤣 Maci will ALWAYS be a hypocrite

Edited by CerealKiller813
  • Love 2
On 11/25/2021 at 1:12 AM, CerealKiller813 said:

I'm sorry, are you SURPRISED Queen Maci is a hypocrite? Where have you been?🧐 Hi, this is Teen Mom lol🤣🤣🤣🤣 Maci will ALWAYS be a hypocrite

Not surprised when I wrote that comment 2 years ago, just snarking. 

• LOL 1
4 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Not surprised when I wrote that comment 2 years ago, just snarking. 

I totally get it. That's why I was laughing so much. As crazy as these girls are, I'm the forever crazy one who caught up with this show when I stopped watching a few years ago. I blame Paramount+ for my momentary lapse in judgement 🤣