Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Jaded

"The View": Week of 7/29/2019

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, jumper sage said:

jumper sage I hope you aren’t shaking your head and walking away because of my poor unreadable  sentence structure. I’ve been struggling. 

My recording abruptly ended did they acknowledge that they were signing off for

their break?  It will be interesting to see if there’s any change in hosts ( which autocorrected to hoses)   

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

What?  Nothing/no one on this forum upsets me; very little in life upsets me. I'm here for snarky repartee and I enjoy the clever participants.

I wasn't hinting at an edit. I simply wanted Xingu to have the credit for something HE wrote...not me.  Posters write that "not me" often and they're not upset.

The "little technique" comment wasn't a dig...it was meant as a helpful hint.

Okay. 

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Something that bugs me, that I've been having a tough time explaining exactly.  

when Meghan makes comments like the "don't look at me, I went to Montana"  she always looks off to her left.  It makes it look like there's someone there, in the audience that she's talking to.  maybe it's a producer?  it just seems really rude and strange.  like, the others are having a conversation, and she's having a private side-conversation with a friend.  Almost as though she was part of the audience, not part of the show. And she does it while the other hosts are still talking, so it's really hard to follow on tv, because her snide comments are picked up as talking over the others. 

It's usually a similar thing - like don't look at me, I don't have children, don't ask me, my only pet is a cactus, don't look at me, I go to PF Chang's .     Often said with her mouth pulled to one side, and looking to her left.  

  The effect is that she distances herself from the other hosts, she's commenting ON their discussion, but not TO them.  

I agree with you.  That side eye thing she did before she came to The view.  It annoys me.  I think she is looking at herself in the monitor.

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, bannana said:

She said this? 😮

Sorry, Bannana.  That was my opinion/view if you'd like not MM's.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I agree with you.  That side eye thing she did before she came to The view.  It annoys me.  I think she is looking at herself in the monitor.

I think so too.  And she seems to be pleased with what she sees, while what we see is an entitled brat who should be ashamed of herself!

  • Like 12
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, pinguina said:

Sorry, Bannana.  That was my opinion/view if you'd like not MM's.

Oh, hahaha, stupid me, I should have read it more carefully.  That makes a lot more sense. 🙃

I don't know much about DeBlasio and have no understanding why MeAgain and Whoopi hate/dislike him so much.  I thought he did pretty well on the View, but he is a true politician, so comes across as somewhat insincere.  But he mostly said the right things.  I was very glad we didn't have to hear Whoopi yell at him about bike lanes, etc.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, deirdra said:
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

I agree with you.  That side eye thing she did before she came to The view.  It annoys me.  I think she is looking at herself in the monitor.

I think so too.  And she seems to be pleased with what she sees, while what we see is an entitled brat who should be ashamed of herself!

Such a PROESSIONAL entitled brat.  What other host or guest (not even showbiz guests) check themselves in the monitor or comment about what they hear in their earpieces.  Send that neophyte to on-air broadcasting school.

1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

  Often said with her mouth pulled to one side, and looking to her left.  

HEY!  She's a cowgirl; that's how they tawk!

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

What other host or guest (not even showbiz guests) check themselves in the monitor

Kelly Ripa?

  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Jenna Bush Hager too

Its insane the difference between Jenna and Meghan. You don't hear Jenna trying to make everything about her father and trying to brag about her connections. She'd make a way better cohost even tho I hated her father as prez lol

Bring her backkk. I hear ABC is in talks to bring Keke Palmer on the Strahan and Sara show as a third host. They might as well bring Sara back to the view and ship Megan off to the Real Housewives of Arizona. 

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, bella1716 said:

They might as well bring Sara back to the view and ship Megan off to the Real Housewives of Arizona. 

Wouldn't THAT be a coup!  Andy Cohen would be in it in a minit (more fun to spell it that way).  We have enough rich crazies here to populate several reality shows.  Let Meghan be the FIRST Ho'wife, though, so she can have continual (monotonous) bragging rights.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

jumper sage I hope you aren’t shaking your head and walking away because of my poor unreadable  sentence structure. I’ve been struggling. 

NOT AT ALL!  I walked away from the very thought that a person would pick a destination by who has been elected.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

MM reminds me of someone I hate - visits red states only. Who the hell does this? 

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 9:46 AM, lusinia said:

No, she didn't; people promoting a book always emphasize the title.

I wonder if it even has a title yet, if it's not out until next year. 

I also wonder if she'll read it at her usual speaking speed.

Jedidiah Bila advertised a book she was writing, with no title or release date, on her last day.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Something that bugs me, that I've been having a tough time explaining exactly.  

when Meghan makes comments like the "don't look at me, I went to Montana"  she always looks off to her left.  It makes it look like there's someone there, in the audience that she's talking to.  maybe it's a producer?  it just seems really rude and strange.  like, the others are having a conversation, and she's having a private side-conversation with a friend.  Almost as though she was part of the audience, not part of the show. And she does it while the other hosts are still talking, so it's really hard to follow on tv, because her snide comments are picked up as talking over the others. 

It's usually a similar thing - like don't look at me, I don't have children, don't ask me, my only pet is a cactus, don't look at me, I go to PF Chang's .     Often said with her mouth pulled to one side, and looking to her left.  

  The effect is that she distances herself from the other hosts, she's commenting ON their discussion, but not TO them.  

My 90 year old mother complains about this all the time.

  • Like 12
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

I know so many people who have insurance who could not get surgery’s, medications or treatment they need. It’s just a big money business.  A friend of mine sister is going bankrupt paying for her cancer treatments.  I think I understand where Whoopi is coming from.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Something that bugs me, that I've been having a tough time explaining exactly.  

when Meghan makes comments like the "don't look at me, I went to Montana"  she always looks off to her left.  It makes it look like there's someone there, in the audience that she's talking to.  maybe it's a producer?  it just seems really rude and strange.  like, the others are having a conversation, and she's having a private side-conversation with a friend.  Almost as though she was part of the audience, not part of the show. And she does it while the other hosts are still talking, so it's really hard to follow on tv, because her snide comments are picked up as talking over the others. 

It's usually a similar thing - like don't look at me, I don't have children, don't ask me, my only pet is a cactus, don't look at me, I go to PF Chang's .     Often said with her mouth pulled to one side, and looking to her left.  

  The effect is that she distances herself from the other hosts, she's commenting ON their discussion, but not TO them.  

Omg- yes!!  I complain about this all the time.  I never thought about it, but you are right, she removes herself from that conversation.  I’ve also known people like that- who couldn’t pass a window without checking out their reflection .  It drives me absolutely bat-shit crazy !!😜

8 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

My 90 year old mother complains about this all the time.

I’m with her!! I should come watch the show with her so we could bitch about it together -lol

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/2/2019 at 5:00 PM, CynicalGirl said:

I don't recall McCain saying she was protecting her farm from vermin (if she had a farm) more like she enjoys getting out her AR and some whiskey and shooting them. For fun.

Vermin, =rats and squirrels, meh 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I find it ironic that the pro lifer at the table brags about shooting animals for home decor 😁. She also deflects every mass shooting segment by talking about mental health, but if a cohost tries to explain how mental health ties into women needing abortions she'll yell NOPE ITS MURDER. 

  • Like 21
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

Vermin, =rats and squirrels, meh 

I have a squirrel feeder in the trees... I love to watch them .  I understand they can be destructive, but I don’t have anything they bother.  I think they’re cute

  • Like 15
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, 2JEWELL said:

I have a squirrel feeder in the trees... I love to watch them .  I understand they can be destructive, but I don’t have anything they bother.  I think they’re cute

I think they are very cute, I didn't think so when they snuck into the attic and chewed the wiring. Do you have black squirrels? we try and capture them, then release them. They crawl up the siding of houses though..The city asked residents  not to feed them. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

never mind neverlate

Edited by bannana · Reason: Yeah, never mind neverlate
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

The topic of Whoopi's daughter's income/profession was commented on somewhere here but I can't find it.  We learned that Alex Martin is a producer on "The Descendants."  I wondered if it was the successful Clooney movie or the very successful Disney series.  It's neither; it's

  • A Disney 3-D animated film "Descendants" about the dream of reaching the unreachable and about the fact that something good can evolve from something evil.
  • Stars:  Whoopi Goldberg, Christy Scott Cashman
  • 14-minute animated short
  • Just watched part of it on YouTube where it has had 32 views
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 8
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/4/2019 at 10:39 AM, bella1716 said:

Bring her backkk. I hear ABC is in talks to bring Keke Palmer on the Strahan and Sara show as a third host. They might as well bring Sara back to the view and ship Megan off to the Real Housewives of Arizona. 

I wouldn't be against having Sara back. But I also watched the video of Sara's clips, and I'm not sure "logical" is a way I would describe her, haha. 😜 (I do love Tara's videos though!) During her time on the show she mostly spoke in a whole lot of platitudes and "I saw this great quote on Instagram" type statements and didn't she once claim Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemmings were "OMG so in love 😍"? I remember her lecturing gay people on the "Sarah Sanders gets kicked out of a restaurant" issue, and how rude I thought it was of her to try and dictate to a minority group the proper manner in which to stand up for their rights. I thought at the time that it was obvious that if her brother weren't gay she wouldn't be such a self-professed "LGBT ally".

I feel she was the original "both sides" member of The View to be honest. Hardly a deep thinker.

But she was also likeable, seemed to be a joy to work with, and was probably the most professional host on the show. Also when she got corrected on things she accepted it and moved forward, rather than carry on like a certain other host we could think of... or two. I would prefer Sara there than either Whoopi or Meghan. But I'd prefer a more intelligent panel member above Sara.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I am hoping that Whoopi uses her well-deserved vacation to study a few phrases that I thought would be useful to her:

"words cannot begin to express my emotions"

"I'm at a loss for words"

"I couldn't have said it better"

"words escape me" (or "words fail me")

I am sure you guys can come up with other helpful phrases for her to memorize.

Oh, and returned announcer is back to thanking " the makers of Apple & Eve for providing our audience with bottles of their delicious JEWS"!!

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

OK, what is the protocol for discussing The View when they're on their summer vacation?  Will a new thread be started or is everything going to be handled here?

Share this post


Link to post

@Zahdii you can use the All Episodes thread or maybe an August reruns thread can be started.

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

OK, what is the protocol for discussing The View when they're on their summer vacation?  Will a new thread be started or is everything going to be handled here?

There's an all episode thread here.

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/3/2019 at 2:50 PM, tinkerbell said:

Something that bugs me, that I've been having a tough time explaining exactly.  

when Meghan makes comments like the "don't look at me, I went to Montana"  she always looks off to her left.  It makes it look like there's someone there, in the audience that she's talking to.  maybe it's a producer?  it just seems really rude and strange.  like, the others are having a conversation, and she's having a private side-conversation with a friend.  Almost as though she was part of the audience, not part of the show. And she does it while the other hosts are still talking, so it's really hard to follow on tv, because her snide comments are picked up as talking over the others. 

It's usually a similar thing - like don't look at me, I don't have children, don't ask me, my only pet is a cactus, don't look at me, I go to PF Chang's .     Often said with her mouth pulled to one side, and looking to her left.  

  The effect is that she distances herself from the other hosts, she's commenting ON their discussion, but not TO them.  

Yeah she got that from Wendy Williams.  She would always use that line lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/2/2019 at 5:47 PM, Sarah Heart said:

We have farms, and squirrels are shot. They look so cute, but they arent.They get into houses, or cars,  and chew the wiring, they are very very destructive. (and Im a huge animal lover.)  

I can attest to this. I had a whole family of them chew a hole between my roof and one of my exterior walls. We were able to get them out before they chewed up any wires. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
6
On 8/2/2019 at 10:02 PM, athousandclowns said:

She only vacations in red states that’s just incredible.  Nevada isn’t red last election.   She majored in art history and doesn’t want to exposed to  all the art that she could easily afford to do.   Unless of course your idea of art is flags and dead animal skins.  She only vacations in states where majority of residents are conservative , which makes her so patriotic. 

What a constipated view of the world she has. 

That's because she wouldn't make it past customs in any other country. They can't stand her either. 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/3/2019 at 12:21 PM, Coffeewinewater said:

It is still a ridiculous thing to say. Who the hell talks like that?  I live in Ohio and I am surrounded by conservative Republicans and I swear I have never heard people say anything even close to that,  "I do red state stuff"😄,  so stupid. 

Further proof that she is indeed stunted and has no identity outside of the conservative and McCain's daughter labels. It's truly sad considering she's in her 30s. 

  • Like 8
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Marigny said:

Further proof that she is indeed stunted and has no identity outside of the conservative and McCain's daughter labels. It's truly sad considering she's in her 30s. 

It's her choice to be stunted.  She went to school in NYC  and lived for a time in LA.  I doubt when she lived in those two places she stayed in and cleaned her guns every night. This aversion to all things not "red state" is relatively new.  I think she is just a woman who has changed after marriage.  Sadly it happens a lot.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

Other than going to London to accept the Magnitsky award on behalf of her father, has Meghan travelled outside the US?  After ragging on the UK and royals, I was surprised that Meagain lowered herself to going to London, but I guess devotion to myfathermyfathermyfather clinched it. If being a "resident" of a blue state is so hard on her, why not return to the litterbox (Arizona) or head to the eastern tip of West Virginia so Mr. Domenech can commute to DC?  One can "write" audiobooks and alt-right rags anywhere.

If Meghan were older, she'd remember when red represented Democrats, Liberals, Socialists, Communists, as it still does in Canada, the UK and most of the world.  In 1976, NBC debuted its first election map on the air, with bulbs that turned red for Carter-won states (Democratic), and blue for Ford (Republican). It wasn't until 2000 that the New York Times persuaded all media outlets to switch to Red=Republican.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 5
  • Useful 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I think she is just a woman who has changed after marriage.  Sadly it happens a lot.

OR...I think she is just another not very bright woman who has changed after marriage.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Wyoming 

WTF is it with this woman and Wyoming? 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

OR...I think she is just another not very bright woman who has changed after marriage.

Part of me feels like she's trying to be whatever it is she thinks she should be in order to be acceptable to the party and her husband, hence the painting it on thick with the "red state stuff" and taking everything personally. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Meghan is insecure AF and what the kids call a "pick me." She may have dated a lot but I think Doofus was the only one willing to wife her and she jumped at that ish. 

  • Like 14
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, Marigny said:

WTF is it with this woman and Wyoming? 

The weird thing is, I have been to Wyoming and it stunningly beautiful.  This photo doesn't do it justice at all. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Marigny said:

WTF is it with this woman and Wyoming? 

5 hours ago, bannana said:

The weird thing is, I have been to Wyoming and it stunningly beautiful.  This photo doesn't do it justice at all. 

She needs to shut her trap. And @bannana is right. That photo doesn't do Wyoming any justice. I've been there three times. The Tetons are Magnificent. There was one place we went, where there are TeePee Rings, and it's just...amazing. Another mountaintop? When horseback riding, made me think I was in Zeus's Mount Olympus. People with this Twat's attitude and opinions would have been shut down quick and put in her place, where I visited.

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/7/2019 at 8:49 AM, blondiec0332 said:

It's her choice to be stunted.  She went to school in NYC  and lived for a time in LA.  I doubt when she lived in those two places she stayed in and cleaned her guns every night. 

For some reason, this visual cracks me up. As if Meghan is gnashing her teeth and cursing fate that she could have been Calamity Jane reborn if it wasn't for her pesky military hero/statesman father and heiress mother.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Marigny said:

Part of me feels like she's trying to be whatever it is she thinks she should be in order to be acceptable to the party and her husband, hence the painting it on thick with the "red state stuff" and taking everything personally. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Meghan is insecure AF and what the kids call a "pick me." She may have dated a lot but I think Doofus was the only one willing to wife her and she jumped at that ish. 

What really bugs me about this 'proper' Republican woman is when she calls the guests by their title and it just sounds weird. Some of them probably havent heard it called in ages, and the others beget the joke: dont call me Mister, Mister is my father...or substitute Maam or Madame.  I know she's trying to be respectful but its the tone or something.  It just sounds disingenuous. If she wants to continue using the terms, which in itself i dont fault for, it is respectful, but take some classes in public speaking and tone, inflection, etc to make it sound better.  Haah gross! I just flashed ro Lois Griffon working a sex pbone line, and what she does with her voice and how she works it.  Course her first call is from Peter LOL i will spare the details.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Marigny said:

She may have dated a lot but I think Doofus was the only one willing to wife her and she jumped at that ish. 

I like this, but perhaps "dated" needs these quotation marks.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

She also rushed the wedding so Daddy would still be alive to see her get married.

  • Like 7
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

I've got mixed feelings about this hiatus. On one hand, I miss my routine: coming downstairs, feeding the cats, making breakfast, and sitting down to see what's going on in the world (yes, the topics are still "hot" when you're a night owl!). On the other hand, I've gotten a lot done this month without TV to distract me during the day (the three shows I follow, The View, The Talk, and Jeopardy are all on hiatus). I'd like to see the ladies (and Meghan) again, but I could stand to wait another month or so.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I've got mixed feelings about this hiatus. On one hand, I miss my routine: coming downstairs, feeding the cats, making breakfast, and sitting down to see what's going on in the world (yes, the topics are still "hot" when you're a night owl!). On the other hand, I've gotten a lot done this month without TV to distract me during the day (the three shows I follow, The View, The Talk, and Jeopardy are all on hiatus). I'd like to see the ladies (and Meghan) again, but I could stand to wait another month or so.

I stopped watching my three morning shows, Live, with Kelly and whoever, The View, and the Hoda hour and I don't miss them.  I don't turn the TV on all day - because when I do, even if something is recorded, or breaking news, I feel sucked in, even with the FF on the DVR.  Of course winter is coming, so maybe that will change.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...