Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Jaded

"The View": Week of 7/29/2019

48 minutes ago, Kenz said:

Did you catch MM's comment when Ana and Sunny were discussing Ana's honeymoon safari? Meghan said that she went on her honeymoon to Montana and huffed that she takes vacations only to red states, like that's some kind of relevant information. (That's bizarre, if you ask me). I think I caught Ana's comment later that she doesn't shoot animals, and I'm hoping that was a little dig at MM, although it may have whistled by her.

Wow, what a try-hard. 

• Like 4
  • Laugh 7

That clip at the end, made me happier. Because its obvious everyone goes through something in their lives, or is still going through something.

I don't know how Meghan stood up at her father's funeral. I tried so hard to talk, when my father and very good friend passed, I just couldn't, so kudos to her

I know we dis Whoopi, but they were genuinely so happy to see her, it made me tear up. I think they are deserving of a break. I flipping love SNL doing Joy and Meghan, it's so right on..

• Like 6

4 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

JUMPER SAGE are you saying you believe  Joy had eye lid lift?  Not just cataracts?  She wouldn’t have been at work the next day would she ? My friend needed care at home.  Joy  mentioned she likes glasses and just frames with nonRX are cheap.  she said  it’s her thing now .  I get it because when I stopped wearing contacts I liked glasses too. Actual cataract surgery wouldn’t effect the way you eyes look would they. I worked on a floor when it was done in the hospital and seemed like a breeze. Whoops probably OT

MeeAgain was so damn rude to Tom it was hard to watch.  She’s embarrassing. 

I had my surgery for scars/eyelids and while I could not drive for a week, I could work.  I didn't though as my lids needed to heal.  I had mine done 20 years ago.  Her eyes look different.

• Like 6

On 8/2/2019 at 12:04 PM, HaaCHOO said:

Her husband mentioned it in passing (now he's sorry), then had to describe it, then had to bring up a graphic to explain it to Meghan the night before?  She decided to mention it before she forgot what it was?

The bolded quote isn't mine; it's Xingu's...there's a little technique to the quote system here.

Deleted, I edited the offensive post 

Edited by Sarah Heart
  • Laugh 2

1 hour ago, Sarah Heart said:

I think Ana remarks about shooting animals,  were aimed at someone else, not MM

Aimed at the trump boys. (No pun intended). But the fact that it applies to Quick Draw McCain too was a plus. 

Dang. I’m going on a safari too but not til next summer. How cool would it have been to spend a week with Ana?

• Like 21

1 minute ago, Haleth said:

Aimed at the trump boys. (No pun intended). But the fact that it applies to Quick Draw McCain too was a plus. 

Dang. I’m going on a safari too but not til next summer. How cool would it have been to spend a week with Ana?

Exactly who I thought of. 

Ana?hmm  i'll pass, besides it's her honeymoon :) I hope it's happy and safe though

• Like 5

2 hours ago, bannana said:

Sunny continued the freeze out today but she is softening it ever so slightly so as not to be too too obvious.

Don't worry , she's got a month to toughen up .

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I know Ana mentioned the Trump boys, but "Quick Draw McCain" (thanks for that, Haleth!) is probably the only one on the panel who has  deer antlers and who knows what other creatures hanging on her NYC wall (I know, flags and lots of patriot paintings too) and brags about  them.

Edited to add that I don't dislike hunters (unless it's purely for sport and game trophies), but I do notice that Meghan takes glee in pointing out how she's a lover of guns and likes animal parts displayed in her homes.

Edited by Kenz
  • Like 14
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, CynicalGirl said:

I believe she said before that she shoots squirrels. I don't really approve of hunting in general, but if it's for food I reluctantly give a semi-pass. If it's for sport, trophies or in Meghan's case I assume, for target practice, then you can fuck right off. I seriously doubt she's making squirrel chili.

We have farms, and squirrels are shot. They look so cute, but they arent.They get into houses, or cars,  and chew the wiring, they are very very destructive. (and Im a huge animal lover.)  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan is like Wile E Coyote. She keeps trying to get Democratic candidates and keeps failing miserably.

😂🤣 

Someone more adept than me needs to photoshop Wile E. with Megabitch's face. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 4

3 hours ago, bannana said:

She called it a "historical blackout"?  That would be "historic" blackout.  I can't figure out how to post a link, but I found an article from AM New York dated July 15, 2019 entitled "A Brief History of Blackouts in New York City" , and it lists seven other blackouts that lasted longer and affected more people.

• Like 16

Meghan said the blackout was in her neighborhood but did she say her building was out? You could tell De Blasio found Meghan tiresome and it was fun to watch. Finally a politician who didn't worship at the McCain alter. She mentioned her in laws were staying with her.  Doesn't her FIL have a job he should be doing?

• Like 15
  • Laugh 4

1 hour ago, lusinia said:

She called it a "historical blackout"?  That would be "historic" blackout.  I can't figure out how to post a link, but I found an article from AM New York dated July 15, 2019 entitled "A Brief History of Blackouts in New York City" , and it lists seven other blackouts that lasted longer and affected more people.

This was a historic blackout. I was a little kid but I remember it. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 12

Good grief - I live in my childhood town, now a city, that is wealthy. But not me. I went 6 days in Dec without power and have electric heat. Or in that case, did not. 

I really need the next month off to get over MM.

BTW - I'm going to do an audiobook next spring on how to bake a cake. 

She is relentless and useless.

ETA - that was years ago.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Like 13
  • Laugh 3

1 hour ago, lusinia said:

Here's the link, Lusinia: https://www.amny.com/news/blackouts-nyc-1.33881190

I was going to post something similar. Historic my ass, Megabitch. Hyperbole much? Also, please learn to use words correctly. 

• Like 13

1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Doesn't her FIL have a job he should be doing?

I think he is under investigation.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 10
  • Surprise 1

She only vacations in red states that’s just incredible.  Nevada isn’t red last election.   She majored in art history and doesn’t want to exposed to  all the art that she could easily afford to do.   Unless of course your idea of art is flags and dead animal skins.  She only vacations in states where majority of residents are conservative , which makes her so patriotic. 

What a constipated view of the world she has. 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Like 22
  • Laugh 2

2 hours ago, lusinia said:

Hopefully Meghan adds The Bronx is Burning to her book club next year. It's about the blackout that happened while The Yankees were in the World Series and the Summer of Sam was happening, and the blackout was during a heat wave and affected poor neighborhoods much worse. It is ostensibly a "sports" book but is fascinating from many angles.

• Like 11
  • Useful 3

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I lived through that one myself.   I was a newlywed and at work and when we left to go home and stepped into the elevator, it jumped, so we got off, and then it all went dark.  No cell phones, no texting, etc.  What a mess.  I wonder how delicate Nutmeg would have survived.

• Like 11

9 hours ago, deirdra said:

If MM cannot be bothered to listen to how real pundits pronounce Gillibrand, she could apply the rule that most of us learned in grade school - the letter “g” is pronounced as "j" when it is followed by letter “e”, “i” or “y”.   Does she call those long-necked animals guraffes?

Wow, this solves my family's long-running debate  on the pronunciation of gif. Since i win, I will bring it up during Thanksgiving dinner. It'll be enough time for me to come up with an explanation for when a smart-ass relative says, "How do you explain get?"

I thought DeBlasio and his wife made a very attractive couple. How tall is he though? It looked like a (h)uuuuuge height difference in their wedding pic.

Next time there's a blackout in my city, the mayor better show up at my doorstep with a flashlight.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 13

11 hours ago, lusinia said:

No, she didn't; people promoting a book always emphasize the title.

I wonder if she really wrote it - if she did, wouldn't she know the name of it?????

• Like 2
  • Laugh 9

Just a few things I noticed on the final show of the season:

*If you look at the billboard that MM referenced, on the left side it bullet points the number of homeless people in New York not the blackout.  

*When MM was talking about the blackout, I thought she was saying "Hysterical blackout" (was it funny?) it took me a while to realize that she meant "historic"

*Although I probably won't vote for DeBlassio, I thought he acquitted himself pretty decently.

*MM's "gotcha" question/statement went NO WHERE.  Plus DeBlassio politely put her in her place!

*I thought the orgasm "discussion" was dumb.

*To promote a book, shouldn't the author know the title?

*It can't be said enough, when MM does not participate on a topic, it is much more coherent and interesting.

*When Ana was talking about going on safari for her honeymoon, MM kept trying to interject how she went to Montana.  No one paid attention to her. 🙂 Hee!

Hoping to see Ana, Joy, and Sunny in September!!  (Maybe MM and Whoopie will be gone - a girl can dream can't she?)

• Like 22

6 minutes ago, pinguina said:

*Although I probably won't vote for DeBlassio, I thought he acquitted himself pretty decently.

She said this? 😮

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kenz said:

Edited to add that I don't dislike hunters

We used to be a hunting family.  My brother would process the meat and donate it to people who wanted it and even paid to have the hide taken for a neighbor who is native American.

1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

She only vacations in red states that’s incredible.  Nevada?  She majored in art history and doesn’t want to exposed to  all the art that she could easily afford to do.   Unless of course your idea of art is flags and dead animal skins.  She only vacations in states where majority of residents are conservative , which makes her so patriotic. 

What a constipated view of the world she has. 

[shakes head, walks away]

Joy - I swear I am not picking on her this week, she just says crazy stuff sometimes.  So Joy wouldn't like to live by her in-laws BUT her daughter and son-inlaw live downstairs in her building?  How does that work?

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 3

1 minute ago, jumper sage said:

So Joy wouldn't like to live by her in-laws BUT her daughter and son-inlaw live downstairs in her building?  How does that work?

I don't have kids, but even I get this.  She wants her daughter and grandson close.  She doesn't or wouldn't care about having in-laws (parents-in-law) close, they would just annoy her! 

• Like 11
  • Surprise 1

1 hour ago, gatopretoNYC said:

Thank you -- I tried typing in the URL after clicking on "insert other media", and the URL box turns reddish, but that's it.  I obviously need to be doing something different, but the FAQs don't cover it.

2 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Thank you -- I tried typing in the URL after clicking on "insert other media", and the URL box turns reddish, but that's it.  I obviously need to be doing something different, but the FAQs don't cover it.

You need to simply click the "link" button above message box, the one that looks like a chain link, and paste in the URL. 

• Useful 1

11 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Joy - I swear I am not picking on her this week, she just says crazy stuff sometimes.  So Joy wouldn't like to live by her in-laws BUT her daughter and son-inlaw live downstairs in her building?  How does that work?

yeah, Joy sticks her foot in her mouth a lot.

Not hating on her, just stating a fact. Here's another...she thinks she's funnier than she actually is.

Love ya, Joy!

8 minutes ago, bannana said:

I don't have kids, but even I get this.  She wants her daughter and grandson close.  She doesn't or wouldn't care about having in-laws (parents-in-law) close, they would just annoy her! 

Yeah, but she's gotta understand that her son-in-law might not appreciate the fact that she lives so close by.

I'm sure Joy would say, "So what? Who cares?"

• Like 5
  • Laugh 3

1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

She only vacations in red states that’s incredible.  Nevada?  She majored in art history and doesn’t want to exposed to  all the art that she could easily afford to do.   Unless of course your idea of art is flags and dead animal skins.  She only vacations in states where majority of residents are conservative , which makes her so patriotic.

Think of the sacrifice she's making actually deigning to live in a blue state.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 10
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Think of the sacrifice she's making actually deigning to live in a blue state.

Well, she made it awkwardly clear.  She said she is a resident of NYC, but not a New Yorker.  And she is an Arizonan.

We all have moved many times in our adult lives and somehow the rest of us don't disparage the current city/state/province we are living in.  But MeAgain is so traumatized to be living in NYC because as soon as she leaves her apartment it is non-stop assault on her conservatism!  It must be the worst place to live in the world.  And, yet, she never went back to her beloved Arizona for a year.

What do normal people do when they live in the city and don't enjoy it?  They go back to Iowa or Arizona or wherever. 😕

• Like 13

3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Then she says that every where she goes, people ask her, "why are you still a conservative?"  She needs to get her hearing checked,  its "why are you such a bitch?"

So good it bears repeating!

• Like 11
  • Laugh 1

4 hours ago, pinguina said:

*I thought the orgasm "discussion" was dumb.

I can have raunchy or serious sex discussions with the best of them--at the right time and place. I often picture how 4-5 men on a similar panel would do if they were told to present this type of silliness.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Wow, this solves my family's long-running debate  on the pronunciation of gif. Since i win, I will bring it up during Thanksgiving dinner. It'll be enough time for me to come up with an explanation for when a smart-ass relative says, "How do you explain get?"

This is a supposed expert source:

Pronounce the letter “G” as a “J” sound if the letter “G” is followed by the letters“E”, “I”, or “Y”. This is true in the words gem, gin, gym, judge, cage, and edge.

My exceptions: get - gimp - gimlet - give - gynocologist - Gideon - gig - gecko - Gilbert -  many more...

Pronounce the letter “G” as a “G” sound, if the letter “G” is followed by the letters“A”, “O”, or “U”.

Seems right.

And..."The debate over how to pronounce GIF, which stands for Graphics Interchange Format, re-emerged this week when Steve Wilhite, the inventor of the widely used Web illustration, declared it should be pronounced “jif,” like the brand of peanut butter, rather than with a hard G sound."

6 hours ago, falltime said:

@blondiec0332 MM said she wouldn't mind if her in laws lived with her.

Vice versa?  Time will tell.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

13 hours ago, Haleth said:

Me too.  It started right in the middle of my piano lesson, so I didn't complain.

Methinks Joy put faking orgasms on the list of topics to shut Meghan up, since sex is the one thing she won't talk about.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 12

12 hours ago, pinguina said:

To promote a book, shouldn't the author know the title?

She actually only mentioned an Audible version of this alleged "book", no word of an actual publisher and hard copy version.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

Mea culpa, I looked at the clip of Meghan talking about her vacations and she said that she went to Montana on her honeymoon and does "red state stuff" on her vacations, so I did misquote her. So I guess she does red state stuff when she visits Europe or wherever?

• Like 7
  • Laugh 2

1 hour ago, Kenz said:

Mea culpa, I looked at the clip of Meghan talking about her vacations and she said that she went to Montana on her honeymoon and does "red state stuff" on her vacations, so I did misquote her. So I guess she does red state stuff when she visits Europe or wherever?

It is still a ridiculous thing to say. Who the hell talks like that?  I live in Ohio and I am surrounded by conservative Republicans and I swear I have never heard people say anything even close to that,  "I do red state stuff"😄,  so stupid. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater · Reason: And I have heard people in ohio say stupid things.
  • Like 15
  • Laugh 1

8 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:
26 minutes ago, Kenz said:

It is still a ridiculous thing to say. Who the hell talks like that?  I live in Ohio and I am surrounded by conservative Republicans and I swear I have never heard people say anything even close to that,  "I do red state stuff"😄,  so stupid. 

She might have a successful "hard" book if she collected/published a list of all the things she accepts as being "red stuff" stuff.  It would have to be in a humorous form, so she'll need some big time help with that aspect.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 2

19 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:
23 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

The bolded quote isn't mine; it's Xingu's...there's a little technique to the quote system here.

Did you want me to go in an edit my post. ?it's obviously upsetting you, so I'll try to do that.

What?  Nothing/no one on this forum upsets me; very little in life upsets me. I'm here for snarky repartee and I enjoy the clever participants.

I wasn't hinting at an edit. I simply wanted Xingu to have the credit for something HE wrote...not me.  Posters write that "not me" often and they're not upset.

The "little technique" comment wasn't a dig...it was meant as a helpful hint.

• Like 15

17 hours ago, lusinia said:

She called it a "historical blackout"? 

Perhaps it WAS "historical" because The Princess of Arizona was without air-conditioning for five whole hours!  Her biographers already took note.  PatrioticCandles.thumb.jpg.8a7c9badd2f2aaadf1f44dc2e86e6ce9.jpgFortunately she has a large stash of "patriotical"   candles, so she was NOT without light.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 10

13 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Yeah, but she's gotta understand that her son-in-law might not appreciate the fact that she lives so close by.

In 1963 we were planning our 1964 wedding; I still lived at home (the last of three daughters). Unfortunately (for me) we were moving from my born-and-raised Arizona to California.  My mother, in AZ since 1938, said to my fiance` and me, "I'm thinking of getting a transfer to California."  My fiance` said, "Just so you don't move within sixty miles of us."  (OMG!) I have no idea why he said it or why it was sixty miles.  When I asked him he said it just popped out of his mouth.  My mother immediately walked upstairs in our tiny co-op and began ironing...as if she were using an anvil: bang-bang-bang.  She and my husband were never friends after that.  We moved to San Jose in January and moved back to Arizona in December.   She never mentioned how lucky she was.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 3