Type keyword(s) to search

Two Sentence Horror Stories - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I guessed some of the twist for Patel Motel, that there was something up with the Patel's, but them running an alien hotel while also being aliens was fun. Puberty can be rough, especially when your molting. It seems like it could be the premise of a whole show, an alien family helping passing aliens get used to life in Earth whole sometimes handling more dangerous aliens. 

I am happy that the first episode had a mostly happy ending, even if it looks like Krish will have to fight the bad guy again, because Erased was brutal in its sadness and its creepiness. Poor Leilani, the actress did a great job at showing her increasing panic, this was probably the creepiest one of the season, those limbs disappearing and seeing other people appearing and disappearing was very unsettling. This show does such a great job at mixing the supernatural with real life issues without making it too over the top. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 1

Two Sentence Horror Stories Season 3     S03.E09: Heirloom

THE ROOTS OF THE TREE RUN DEEP... - A recent widower and his daughter find their new home sits on haunted land with deeply rooted horror spanning generations. Romaine Waite as Montrell Davis, Alaysia Jackson as Vivie, Erin Karpluk as Clara, BJ Harrison, Sossina Shenkute, Randy Jernidier, Vaughn Clements and Leanne Buchanan star. DuBois Ashong directed the episode written by Lekethia Dalcoe.

Original Airdate: February 20, 2022   9-9:30 p.m.      CW 

TWO305_0018_f.jpg
TWO305_0009_f.jpg
TWO305_0004_f.jpg

SEASON FINALE

Two Sentence Horror Stories Season 3     S03.E10: Homecoming

MY FAMILY HAS A SECRET... - Three brothers return to their childhood home to visit their dying father only to be forced to confront the demons of their past. Andres Collantes as Axel, Michel Issa Rubio as Javi, Zak Santiago as Dante, Valin Shinyei, Tim Perez as Rodrigo, Sandra Flores, Isaiah Ramirez as Young Axel, Magda Ochoa and Janina Dall star. Freddy Chaves Olmos directed the episode written by Stephanie Adams-Santos & Lisa Morales.

Original Airdate: February 20, 2022   9:30-10 p.m.      CW 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Heirloom - I KNEW it! I knew that wine would tie in here somehow. Yeeesh, that's creepy. This whole story had a very Get Out-ish vibe to it. The ghosts all appearing as they did was an eerie touch. 

But oh, my god, everything with Montrell desperately trying to find Vivie. I was holding my breath the whole time he was looking for her among those ghosts, I was like, "They couldn't go that dark....they wouldn't....". Breathed a HUGE sigh of relief when she appeared, that got me all emotional. 

And just desserts for that woman, too, meeting her fate as she did. I like the idea of keeping watch on that tree, to ensure she'll never get out. Good story, that one. 

Homecoming - Think it might've been better to keep the monster in the shadows at the end, the way they had for much of the episode. Keep it this creepy, mysterious force that can't fully be seen. I am glad, though, that Axel was able to finally convince his brothers of the existence of the monster, and make them see their father for who he really was. That ending was a powerful touch, too, a good way to highlight Axel's warning that the monster would always be lurking in the shadows, waiting to strike. 

So tough when the seasons are so short like this, and they show two episodes at a time - it all goes so fast! Good season overall, though - here's hoping we'll get a season 4, though with all the news about the changes potentially coming to the CW, who knows. Still, fingers crossed anyway. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 1

I didn't realize the season finale was airing tonight. These two episodes were definitely my favourites of the season and I can see why they were saved for last. 

I loved the creep factor of both, and I agree that the first episode had a very "Get Out" ish vibe to it. 

I really hope we will get another season. 

• Love 2

Heirloom: I knew right away that the lady with the vineyard was the racist bad guy, you could tell right away when she said how glad she was that racism is over and the camera zoomed in on the dads face, but the ending was still really good. The tree was super creepy even before we knew that it was eating people. I was pretty sure they wouldn't kill cute little Vivie, this show is dark but maybe not "evil tree eats little girl" dark, so I was very glad when she and Montrell got away and the vineyard lady got her just desserts. I agree with others on the Get Out vibes. 

Homecoming: Really good episode, I thought the metaphor about families refusing to deal with their issues and the cycle of violence were really well done. Very glad that Axel's brothers finally believed him about their dad, even if it looks like the monster lives on, as their aunt stubbornly refuses to deal with the past and gives into her own anger. 

Really strong episodes to end on, sad to hear that this is the end of the season, hopefully we will get conformation of another season soon. This season had a lot of great episodes, I am always impressed by how much they manage to get into these short episodes based on even shorter stories. 

• Love 1