Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E16: Go Yell It On The Mountain

• Start Topic

I watched this again today. (What! I was bored. ) Kristen was very clear asking Heather and LuAnn to not talk to her when she was trying to rappel down the mountain. Yet, Heather kept running her mouth when there was a guide right there! I like Heather. I do. But she can't always be the authority. Furthermore, Ramona is nuts. I would never, ever, take a trip with her. I hate her facial expressions that convey contempt and attempt to show everyone that she's a special snowflake. She needs to get over herself. And Sonja? WTF is she ever talking about?

I love the "special snowflake".description....wonderful!

• Love 2

tulip555, I'm glad you like "special snowflake," but I confess that I think I read it first on TWOP. It's so descriptive, and I have even used in in conversations.

Notmuchofacook...it really is.....LOL, I think I may start using it as well; I've got a few people in my life who qualify as "special snowflakes"

• Love 1

These bitches are such complainers.  I would blow a hobo on a street corner to have a lavish vacay out on the prairie in the peace and quiet. Damn whiners.  If I hear 13 year-old Ramona say "This is so BORING" one more time, I might stick an antler up her ass.

I think that Sonja finds her couger-ish, clumsy menopausal hot mess schtick very amusing.  Her attention-seeking is pathetic.  I don't care for her at all.  She's an embarrassment.

• Love 8
what does Michelle Obama have to do with any of this?...this is hysterical

My best guess is Sonja was somehow referencing Michelle's "Let's Move" campaign to fight childhood obesity. Maybe Luann is not sending a good message to the children when she reaches for the trans-fat riddled potato ships? Nevermind what kind of messages Ms. Sexy J is sending....

• Love 3

I would blow a hobo on a street corner to have a lavish vacay out on the prairie in the peace and quiet.

LOL.  While I might stop, just shy of, blowing a hobo, I agree.  It's a new experience.  Try it.  I'm surprised Ramona didn't have her whiny ass airlifted out of Montana, too.  For all her talk about how bad Aviva was in St. John's, her behavior is right up there in the assy department. Kristen should have shouted in her face to, "TAKE A XANAX.  CALM DOWN"  every time the Moaner complained about something.

• Love 2

From Heather's blog:

"After repelling, Kristen's nerves were shot, and so were mine, quite frankly."

"Meanwhile, repelling is right up my alley."

"There is no card that I check once my friends repel off a mountain or compete in a Spartan Race."

For someone who claims to have done it a lot, why doesn't she know how to spell it?  It's 'rappelling', Heather.  And thanks to whomever posted above and used the term, 'abseiling'.  I learned that it means the same thing as 'rappelling'. 

I like to nit and I'm also a former runnor.  I enjoy reeding and riting, too.  In my twenties I liked to skee although I wasn't very good at it.

• Love 9

My best guess is Sonja was somehow referencing Michelle's "Let's Move" campaign to fight childhood obesity. Maybe Luann is not sending a good message to the children when she reaches for the trans-fat riddled potato ships? Nevermind what kind of messages Ms. Sexy J is sending....

Love this, ghoulina - you may have cracked her code!

But let's not ask Ms. Sexy J about her favorite protein source....

• Love 3

For someone who claims to have done it a lot, why doesn't she know how to spell it?  It's 'rappelling', Heather.  And thanks to whomever posted above and used the term, 'abseiling'.  I learned that it means the same thing as 'rappelling'.

I like to nit and I'm also a former runnor.  I enjoy reeding and riting, too.  In my twenties I liked to skee although I wasn't very good at it.

Good call, ryebread. It was driving me crazy. Re abseiling--I thought someone just got off home row or something and ignored it. heh. I learned something new!

• Love 1
(edited)

Good call, ryebread. It was driving me crazy. Re abseiling--I thought someone just got off home row or something and ignored it. heh. I learned something new!

So did I! LOL.  Then when I scrolled past it the second time, I had to look it up.  Yup.  Learned something new today!

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 1

I just watched the First Look and hope this is the right place to talk about it.  

So it looks like Ramona is now taking credit for being trip hostess because she put out some drinks and snacks?  That woman's got some nerve!  I was really totally over Kristen before this trip.  I thought she should have accepted Ramona's apology and moved on and have really hated the way she is trying to get in the middle of all the arguments.  I think someone gave her a playbook on how these shows are supposed to work and she's sticking to it.  She thinks she need to poke her nose into every argument going on.  Two things that come right to mind, her going to talk to drunk Sonja in Saratoga and following Ramona at dinner when she said she was going to call Aviva.  

After watching how these women are treating her during this incredibly long vacation, I'm have a bit of sympathy for her.  I'm not sure what else Kirsten is supposed to be doing.  She's arranged quite a few outings and has provided chefs for meals and it appears they are having food delivered all the time.  I don't know what the deal is with the cleaning, but any of these women could call to ask them to come tidy up, I wouldn't think that is Kirsten's job as hostess.  

And Heather has totally lost me.  I don't think bossy is the right thing to call her, I'd go with bitchy.  It could be the editing, but it did not appear she was supportive of Kristen's repelling and did nothing but bitch about it to the rest of the women.  After her and Kristen's talk after the geocacheing I distinctly heard her continuing to complain about Kristen repelling.  I even heard her call her stupid for doing so.  So odd.  I would think she would be really pleased that her "friend" concurred her fear and did it.  Instead she is STILL saying Kristen shouldn't have done it.  Really weird and I still don't get it.  

I'm beginning to wonder if all of the women are pissed that they aren't at some exotic location and taking it out on Kristen. 

• Love 2

It seems like they treat Kristen much like they treated Alex. She like Alex has no place in their social set beyond being an acquaintance of Heather so she's easy to dismiss. I also wonder if being a friend of Brandy's works against her with group in particular.

(edited)

So it looks like Ramona is now taking credit for being trip hostess because she put out some drinks and snacks?  That woman's got some nerve!  I was really totally over Kristen before this trip.  I thought she should have accepted Ramona's apology and moved on and have really hated the way she is trying to get in the middle of all the arguments.  I think someone gave her a playbook on how these shows are supposed to work and she's sticking to it.  She thinks she need to poke her nose into every argument going on.  Two things that come right to mind, her going to talk to drunk Sonja in Saratoga and following Ramona at dinner when she said she was going to call Aviva.  

I think that perhaps Kristen's good friend Brandi could have possibly coached her on how to stay relevant---- bring the drama. It is to bad that she did not coach Kristen on less exaggerated facial physiognomy and whining!

Edited by LovetoSnark

These bitches are such complainers.  I would blow a hobo on a street corner to have a lavish vacay out on the prairie in the peace and quiet. Damn whiners.  If I hear 13 year-old Ramona say "This is so BORING" one more time, I might stick an antler up her ass.

"Blow a hobo!"  Thanks for the laugh this morning!  I too would blow a hobo to take one of these vacations! :)

I recently watched the 3 episodes of Scary Island---pure gold.  Ramona and Sonja have changed dramatically. Both in personality and appearance.  Ramona was such a gracious hostess and not much got her rattled.  She even got her hair wet!  Sonja was much calmer, and not as thin as she is now.  Hmmmm....

Anyway, I'm still enjoying this season.  I hate to hear that the ratings are low. I do think Ramona needs to go...along with Aviva.

Sonja's lost touch with reality.  Kristen? Meh. But I do like her clothes!  Lovin' LuAnn....and, I hope Heather redeems herself tonight.

Oh, and Carol!  I have to say that I enjoy her.  I hope she comes back.

(edited)

Kristen -- nobody wanted to geocache, and if the treasure was buried even a little bit, they had no tools to dig it up with.

I am disappointed that they totally screwed up geocaching. You can geocache all over the world, including in cities. The coolest thing is that you may find trinkets(called trackables) that can be traced online. I was geocaching with a friend from Germany earlier this year and she took a trackable with her back to Germany - so the person who originally left it (where ever) can see that his/her trackable travelled to Germany. Who knows where it is now?  I have never seen a cache buried - usually are hanging up in a tree. At least the ones in the woods. Haven't tried it in any cities as yet.

I can totally relate to Kristen freaking out at rappelling. I am afraid of heights and went parasailing -scariest thing I have ever done. Mind you I did not cry- before, during or after. But then didn't Kristen also cry after that race with her hubby (or should I say without her hubby since he ditched her)?

I love Luann so much. Her comment that Sonja had a whole tree up her butt was priceless. I also love her wardrobe. In fact at this point she is about the only HW I can stand.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 1

I know this thread is OLD, but I'm watching the seasons in order. I went rappelling a few years ago in Utah and fell backwards, pinning my leg under my rappel rope, and me hanging upside down with a 50 foot drop below me. I was stuck for a bit until the instructor could secure the rope before he and my husband were able to lift me back up. It was not my finest moment and I TOTALLY got Kristen's fear.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, DudeLeaveMeAlone said:

I know this thread is OLD, but I'm watching the seasons in order. I went rappelling a few years ago in Utah and fell backwards, pinning my leg under my rappel rope, and me hanging upside down with a 50 foot drop below me. I was stuck for a bit until the instructor could secure the rope before he and my husband were able to lift me back up. It was not my finest moment and I TOTALLY got Kristen's fear.

That sounds incredibly scary! I am glad you are okay.

• Love 4