Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E16: Go Yell It On The Mountain

• Start Topic

(edited)

My apologies if this isn't the proper place to share this little tidbit; if not, just let me know and I'll move it.

While perusing the usual trashy websites, I came upon this piece.  (Using the link so as not to spoil anyone that doesn't wish to be spoiled.)

http://thestir.cafemom.com/entertainment/174159/only_1_rhony_star_remains#comments

If this is true, I am almost assuredly done with this franchise.  Anyone know how accurate/full of shyte this site is?

I don't believe it myself. I might beleive they would be stupid enough to keep Ramona for the drama, but no way would I believe they are stupid enough to keep Aviva in any capacity. I assume someone from BRAVO checks out these blogs,  but maybe not. Maybe they just go by twitter, but I cannot imagine that Aviva is any more well liked there than she is here. 

That said, I would be really mad if they get rid of the Countess because she is the only one I have really enjoyed this year. Other than that, I am not really sure I could work up a good give a damn.  I used to like Carole, but she has mostly bored or annoyed me this year. I don't hate her, just meh.

Cannot stand Kristen and would be very happy to see her go away. Ditto with Sonja, she is just not even mildly entertaining any more. Aside from appearing pathetic she is clearly a con artist. Having learned the truth of her lawsuit, I want nothing more to do with watching her and I only feel pity for her daughter. Never liked Ramona, still don't.

It is interesting that Heather is finally getting so much heat. Personally, I thought the way she behaved at the party given by the Countess in the Hamptons was so off the wall. Not that she argued with Aviva, who doesn't? However, when she was screechting to the Countess to throw Aviva out of her house  she was waaaaaaaaaay over the line. You do not tell a host or hostess to toss their guests. If you have a problem with their guests, you leave. I don't find that Heather is so much trying to act "street". She is street, IMO. White trash with money is still white trash. Yes, I feel bad for her son and his medical issues and yes, she appears to be a good mother, so genuine kudos for that. Otherwise, I am just not feeling it with her either.

I hate to say it, but I don't see a mass firing as a really bad move for this show. They clearly have to do something, the ratings are in RHOM territory, if not worse at this point. It's almost to the point of what can it hurt?

Edited to add that in spite of my Heather rant, I do not blame her at all for being nasty to Kristen. That whining, attention seeking famewhore got on my last nerve with this episode. I cannot tolerate whiny women. I much prefer bitches to criers, and whiners and Kristen is almost as bad as her best friend, Brandi the Skank. 

Edited by chlban
  • Love 1
(edited)

I finally got a chance to watch the episode last night, and for all the hullabaloo about Carole's walking dress, I thought she'd worn it while doing some strenuous activity. Nope. She wore it to walk from her cabin to the other ladies' cabin and for a leisurely stroll on a path. For skeet shooting and geocaching and fly fishing, she wore more approproate clothing. That said, I liked that Carole was basically like, "Fuck it. I'll wear this dress for this chill scene." 

Also, I couldn't help it. I laughed along with Carole and Heather after Heather was told that she was drunk and she responded, "I'm not drunk." The way the word "drunk" came out just called out that she was, in fact, drunk, and she knew it. And maybe I'm just being a Heather apologist, but I took what she was saying to Kristen at the rock wall as her giving Kristen an out. Kristen said in her TH that she was annoyed that she did something simply because she was trying to prove something to her friends. It seems to me that Heather figured as much before they got to the side of the mountain and knew that Kristen was supposedly pushing herself to prove something to Heather (and LuAnn). ETA: I just read Kristen's blog and she says this:

Oddly, I feel that there is a part of me that wants to prove to Heather that I want to do these crazy things. Not sure why I feel I need to do that but I do.

So, yeah. 

As for the Bravo blog comment controversy: How interesting that when Lisa (RHOBH) gets all the tongue baths in the world on her blog, it's all fine and dandy. However, some comments on Carole's blog are positive, and suddenly there's an issue?

It is interesting that Heather is finally getting so much heat. Personally, I thought the way she behaved at the party given by the Countess in the Hamptons was so off the wall. Not that she argued with Aviva, who doesn't? However, when she was screechting to the Countess to throw Aviva out of her house  she was waaaaaaaaaay over the line. You do not tell a host or hostess to toss their guests. If you have a problem with their guests, you leave.

I thought Heather wanted Mandy Pandy to be dismissed from the house? Speaking of, that woman must have gotten so much...dislike on social media that the editors completely stripped her out of the show. 

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 5

I didn't see Kristen as wanting any hand-holding or banners or encouragement. In fact, she told them all to be quiet. I think she wanted to get in her own zone, tune out the world, and focus. But they didn't listen and were yapping at her the entire time. I also didn't think she actually wanted to go first, I got the impression that she was volunteered to go first. I do think Kristen gets a bit over-the-top when she's doing something that challenges her, but I think a good friend would overlook the annoyance and not call you out about it in front of the entire group.

Co-sign on this.  I think Kristin really did just want them to shut the eff up and let her concentrate.  I also understand why she wanted/needed to go first.  The longer you sit there and stew in anxiety, the worse it's going to be when it's your turn.  I am exactly the same way and I had a similar experience when my friends wanted to go rock diving.  I had to get in the water, I was terrified and they were all going to do it, so my answer was to go first and just not give myself too much time to think about it (run and jump before you change your mind!!).  Unless there was an extended freak out that we were not shown, I don't think Kristen was being all that dramatic.

I think Heather just has a problem with others who are showing weakness, why the hell does she care if Kristen needed a good crying release at the bottom of the rock?  Not everyone experiences exhilaration after something like that, sometimes the adrenaline rush is not the most pleasant experience. 

• Love 4

Preferably somewhere where Turtle Time can happen, Luann can have "Italian friends" unexpectedly drop by and gluttinously consume potato "ships" straight from the bag, Sonja can get back-doored by a wannabe pirate who happens to be sloppy seconds from Luann, and Aviva can at long last have her banner.  

Or at least back to Morocco for another look at Luann trying to ride a camel.

Let's relive that glorious moment, shall we?

Good lord this is NEVER not funny!!  I remember the first time I saw it, I legit almost peed myself from laughing.  And I still laugh every damn time I see it (much like the Vicki G trip-and-fall footage after her fake award acceptance).

Ok, off to watch it again.... (and possibly again after that).  

• Love 6
(edited)

Pretty sure Andy already called this out as a fake story. So, I wouldn't worry about it.

Maltilda, I saw his tweet that the George show was bogus but didn't see one about this show. I think they both came from the Aviva camp.

How come we never see Sonja's butler of 20 years?

How come we never see Sonja's butler of 20 years?

Perhaps she has him in her attic to pleasure her:

http://murderpedia.org/female.O/o/oesterreich-walburga.htm

Edited by Rhetorica
  • Love 1
Can't believe Ramona was actually going to phone Aviva to psychoanalyze her "ailiments".

Now see, that would have made for good TV! I can't believe how tone-deaf Ramona is. Yes, Ramona, Aviva has been waiting for someone to come along with the right "diagnosis," don't wait 'til you return from Montana to deliver it! Anyway, it wasn't anything new from last season, when Ramona told her point-blank that she can't be without Reid. (Aviva's rebuttal: "And you can't be without alcohol.")

But still, it would have been funny to see Ramona go on and on cluelessly. "We're sitting here and Carole just mentioned something called MouseHausen or Munch something..."

So when Ms. Singer goes to Africa, do they have the appropriate ice buckets? I can't believe what divas these women are. I think all of them on the trip come from middle-class backgrounds...maybe upper-middle, tops. I don't believe for an instance that they grew up with all these amenities and expectations - they just want to seem more important than they are, and ranting about the ice bucket as a way to drive the point home isn't it. 

Likewise, I'm bummed that they all blew off the geocaching thing and didn't at least try. Ramona said it was the hottest part of the day. Well, why didn't someone say "why don't we do this later in the day, when it's cooled off?" I guess that's expecting too much emotional intelligence from this group. Kristen's flawed, but I felt badly at how ungrateful these women were (except for Carole), complaining about one thing or another nonstop. I would have told Ramonja to go to dinner downtown and find Reese Witherspoon instead. 

Sonja posted something about jealousy on her FB page, obviously intended as a dig against LuAnn. Sonja's get the self-awareness of a flea if she didn't watch the episode and see how clearly jealous SHE is of LuAnn's life. 

• Love 2

I finally got a chance to watch the episode last night, and for all the hullabaloo about Carole's walking dress, I thought she'd worn it while doing some strenuous activity. Nope. She wore it to walk from her cabin to the other ladies' cabin and for a leisurely stroll on a path. For skeet shooting and geocaching and fly fishing, she wore more approproate clothing. That said, I liked that Carole was basically like, "Fuck it. I'll wear this dress for this chill scene." 

Also, I couldn't help it. I laughed along with Carole and Heather after Heather was told that she was drunk and she responded, "I'm not drunk." The way the word "drunk" came out just called out that she was, in fact, drunk, and she knew it. And maybe I'm just being a Heather apologist, but I took what she was saying to Kristen at the rock wall as her giving Kristen an out. Kristen said in her TH that she was annoyed that she did something simply because she was trying to prove something to her friends. It seems to me that Heather figured as much before they got to the side of the mountain and knew that Kristen was supposedly pushing herself to prove something to Heather (and LuAnn). ETA: I just read Kristen's blog and she says this:

So, yeah. 

As for the Bravo blog comment controversy: How interesting that when Lisa (RHOBH) gets all the tongue baths in the world on her blog, it's all fine and dandy. However, some comments on Carole's blog are positive, and suddenly there's an issue?

I thought Heather wanted Mandy Pandy to be dismissed from the house? Speaking of, that woman must have gotten so much...dislike on social media that the editors completely stripped her out of the show. 

You know, I think you are right. I just remember she was ordering LuAnn to throw someone out of her house (and naturally assumed it was Aviva) and that is unacceptable, IMO.    

• Love 1

I guess I'm the only one who had a different take on Heather telling Kristin its ok if she didn't rappell.

I thought she was trying to give Kristin an out in case she didn't want to do it.

I saw it as Heather telling her that it wasn't for everybody and nobody would think badly about her if she decided to not do it.

I agree with this.  I really didn't think Heather was bitchy at all.  I little show off-y, maybe...

• Love 2
(edited)

I can't imagine handling a bucking camel with much more grace than that.  

I think Heather was nasty, and I think she was totally marking her territory against the newcomer.  This is HER show.  SHE is the athletic mom of young kids cast member.  She's friends with Kristin, may or may not have worked to get her on the show... but Kristin is the new girl who should be gradually being worked in -- not hopping in with both feet, filming with everybody WITHOUT Heather even being there, and while Heather "gets" to have the women over to her house in the Berkshires for her hosting gig, Kristin gets to host a luxury trip to an even greater outdoors and gets to direct where they go and what they do there.  Suddenly they're... equals? Say it ain't so. 

As for geocaching being boring, I don't know.  I've never done it.  But I've been on long, tedious car rides with friends and had a blast.  I'm sure with a little effort on each of their parts, strolling through the beautiful Montana countryside could have been wonderful fun.  I'm not sure how that activity is more boring than sitting on a boat or by a pool, which seems to be the kind of vacation many of them find "exciting." 

LuAnn and Carole made an effort, and enjoyed themselves - just as they did with the swing in the Berkshires.  One of my favorite lines from a movie is from Rear Window "People with sense can belong wherever they're put."

Edited by kassa
  • Love 6
I think Heather was nasty, and I think she was totally marking her territory against the newcomer.  This is HER show.  SHE is the athletic mom of young kids cast member.  She's friends with Kristin, may or may not have worked to get her on the show... but Kristin is the new girl who should be gradually being worked in -- not hopping in with both feet, filming with everybody WITHOUT Heather even being there, and while Heather "gets" to have the women over to her house in the Berkshires for her hosting gig, Kristin gets to host a luxury trip to an even greater outdoors and gets to direct where they go and what they do there.  Suddenly they're... equals? Say it ain't so.

Yup. That is one of the angles I pondered and Heather being territorial makes a lot more sense to me than her being jealous over Kristen's looks or something. 

• Love 4

But still, it would have been funny to see Ramona go on and on cluelessly. "We're sitting here and Carole just mentioned something called MouseHausen or Munch something..."

MooseMunch.

• Love 1

I always catch the scenes where the old timers will mention something that happened in the past ~ flashback ~ Sonja telling Jacque to hit it (propose) or jump off.  Then there's always Kristen and that wtf wide mouth face asking a stupid question like "She did?  Oh.  I didn't know that."  Then the immediate wide yes and frown.  It gives a smile, like, catch up already, watch some DVD when Josh isn't home.  The other girls always just give her a look and carry on.  Carole has been known to roll her eyes.

(edited)

I've been to Africa - quite a few countries. I was a travel agent for 30 years. They do indeed have very luxurious resorts.....and in the middle of nowhere by a game park...or even in tent accommodations.

Ramona would not have suffered at all.

Plus she was with Mario and her daughter.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 4
(edited)

Granted, it was not Heather's finest moment, but I do not think it has anything to do with jealousy.  Kristen is someone who is very needy; someone is overly dramatic, who needs constant reaffirmation.  I do not believe Kristen is a mean or selfish person, but I sense their friendship has always been more one sided.  It's been more about what Heather can do for Kristen, etc.  And that can get draining after a while.  Whereas it's more give and take between Heather and Carole.

Edited by twilightzone
  • Love 6

Granted, it was not Heather's finest moment, but I do not think it has anything to do with jealousy.  Kristen is someone who is very needy; someone is overly dramatic, who needs constant reaffirmation.  I do not believe Kristen is a mean or selfish person, but I sense their friendship has always been more one sided.  It's been more about what Heather can do for Kristen, etc.  And that can get draining after a while.  Whereas it's more give and take between Heather and Carole.

I can see it both ways, Heather is the type of woman that has endless energy and is a super woman at home and at work. It can get old fast being with someone that does everything right and acts superior. I definitely think Heather thinks she is above Kristin. Heather would try to say she is just older and wiser, but the constant "I've been there, done that and know all" would get old fast. I can picture Kristin being more of a slug and enjoying the non physical stuff with someone that's not bouncing off the wall looking for the next adrenaline rush.

• Love 4

As we get down to the last four episode is there any reason anyone would want to be around Kristen?  Her interests seem to be Elvis, her face and whining.  For someone who is relatively young she seems so very easily overwhelmed by child rearing, marriage and hostessing.   Sometimes it pays to stay in school or go back. 

• Love 5

I love Heather, but she is a bit of a know-it-all.  Hell, remember her coaching a professional photographer during Carole's photoshoot?  I think she's very bright, but she doesn't know her limitations either.  

I personally think she is in a business of beauty and she's really not attractive facially.  I think she overcompensates everywhere else.

• Love 2

What is with all of the talk about potato chips?! I don't remember any chips being eaten or mentioned in the episode.

It was a bravo clip of the extended fight between LuAnn and SonJa.  Actually it was potato ships cause SonJa was so drunk.

Isn't there a separate thread to talk about clips and extended scenes? Talking about them in the episode thread is confusing to those who can't watch the clips.

We can't join in the conversation if we don't know what you're talking about.

Hi guys,

Here is the extended fight between Luann and Sonja, Her Lady "Ships" Morgan:

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/unseen-footage-of-rhonys-biggest-fights

Enjoy!

LOL

Isn't there a separate thread to talk about clips and extended scenes? Talking about them in the episode thread is confusing to those who can't watch the clips.

the clip is on the Bravo site 

Maharincess, it's posted in this episode thread because it happened during this episode but not aired. The link was posted earlier as well as to your reply. Enjoy. (and thanks Jenny)

• Love 5
(edited)

But if it wasn't aired, it didn't happen during the episode. I just know that a lot of people, for one reason or another can't watch the clips on their device and it gets confusing when all of a sudden, people are talking about something that didn't happen in the episode.

Edited by Maharincess
(edited)

I would love to know if super bidnesswoman Sonja ever got potato ships shitfaced at a blue-blood, white tie event when she was actually married and Mrs. Morgan.   Seems pretty likely.  I'm trying to imagine her trying to keep up with a Lauder, Astor, Bass, Rockefeller or other scary NYC rich bitch and think inevitably it winds up with Lady Morgan careening out of control verbally, then vomiting and crying to try and get pity after the fact.  I bet her second husband did some apologizing for and yelling at his drunk slag of wife more than once during their 'for love!' marriage. 

I think that Sonja's jealousy of LuAnn is deeper even than their divorce - as Mrs. Morgan, when she was Mrs., Sonja undoubtedly had access to more money and homes.  However, an age difference of roughly 33 years is very, very different than an age gap of 15-16 years.  It just is; it's the difference between 'sexy older rich man' to a twentysomething woman, and 'retirement plan; let's hope Gramps has a myocardial infarction while I blow him' to a woman in her mid-thirties.  Further, whatever happened during their marriages, Lu and her husband were married for longer by several years than Sonja and her twu wuv. 

Sonja knows she was trying to Anna Nicole her situation.  I think she feels resentment that not everyone who landed a somewhat similarly $$$$$ husband had to go to those extremes in age.  There's a reason she still tells lies about how long they were together, 'marrying for love,' buying all of those properties before being Mrs. Morgan, 'I was a model (at maybe five-foot-six - for what?  Boat shows at the Javits Center?)', 'I could've married royalty but I'm too honest and true to myself.'  It's grimy.  Like her home.

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 5

I find it quite hilarious that Sonja thinks she could have married royality....she really needs to get a grip on reality.....can't imagine a royal would be caught dead anywhere near her.

• Love 1

Remember on scary island when Sonja was talking about her yacht with her private chef and Kelly tells her to stop talking about the past? At the time I thought it was cruel ( and of course crazy because you know.....Kelly) but now I get it. Who's lost the run of herself now Sonja?

• Love 5
(edited)

Really want to know what Sonya's problem is with Connecticut.

Nothing.

She claims in her blog to love Connecticut. And considers it home.

She also admits she was just taking a hit at Lu because Lu was bugging her with all the bonding with Kristen. Or something like that. Sonja is a bitter woman.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 1

I can't imagine handling a bucking camel with much more grace than that.  

I think Heather was nasty, and I think she was totally marking her territory against the newcomer.  This is HER show.  SHE is the athletic mom of young kids cast member.  She's friends with Kristin, may or may not have worked to get her on the show... but Kristin is the new girl who should be gradually being worked in -- not hopping in with both feet, filming with everybody WITHOUT Heather even being there, and while Heather "gets" to have the women over to her house in the Berkshires for her hosting gig, Kristin gets to host a luxury trip to an even greater outdoors and gets to direct where they go and what they do there.  Suddenly they're... equals? Say it ain't so.

I don't see this at all (Heather marking any territory, that is). Considering that Heather was a newbie just last season and filming with some of the women and actively choosing not to invite one of them on a trip, I have a hard time believing that she's turned on Kristen because Kristen is essentially doing the same job--jumping in with both feet, etc. It doesn't make any sense to me, to be honest.

I think the case is as simple as Heather knowing that Kristen was doing something she didn't want to do (abseiling) just because Kristen thought it would impress Heather (which is what Kristen wrote in her own blog for this episode). Heather wasn't the only woman who was over the whole geocaching activity, either. I think Carole may have been the only one who tried to humor Kristen with that activity. It didn't seem fun for the other ladies to watch a drunk Kristen (who finally admitted to being drunk in her blog) be determined to find whatever little doodad they were searching for. A drunk person who's fixated on something can be a bear to deal with.

This Montana trip happened after these women had been filming together for months. I don't see how all of a sudden Heather supposedly got it into her head that Kristen was trying to take over any supposed territory as a newcomer and thus Heather needed to mark it. I think that Heather was drunk, over it, and annoyed. Kristen was drunk, pushing to make the activity(ies) happen, and annoyed when people weren't finding it/them entertaining. The two combinations caused some headbutting between friends. That's all. 

• Love 5

I agree with Mozelle. And more important, as someone else noted somewhere a while back, I think that Heather is really more Josh's friend and that's why Kristen has this sort of inner, one-sided conflict with her. And frankly, Kristen just doesn't have the same level or kind of confidence that women like Heather and Carole have. They know that they're not the most beautiful women but they have other more important skills that they make the most of and a lot of personality. Kristen is too whiny and doesn't seem to have a lot of drive, but feels she has to compete somehow with these women. I just wish to the housewife gods that she wouldn't when so much. It is incredibly annoying and must drive her husband mad. No dinner on the table and have to listen to that? I'd get home late, too.

• Love 1

I watched this again today. (What! I was bored. ) Kristen was very clear asking Heather and LuAnn to not talk to her when she was trying to rappel down the mountain. Yet, Heather kept running her mouth when there was a guide right there! I like Heather. I do. But she can't always be the authority. Furthermore, Ramona is nuts. I would never, ever, take a trip with her. I hate her facial expressions that convey contempt and attempt to show everyone that she's a special snowflake. She needs to get over herself. And Sonja? WTF is she ever talking about?

• Love 4
What is with all of the talk about potato chips?! 

I finally saw that clip and OMG, I wish so much it had made it into the actual episode. Sonja made it sound like LuAnn's a closet eater (and not just eating potato chips, but an ECONOMY-SIZED bag, lol!)...but after a quick Google, think she was referencing a Page 6 tidbit about LuAnn getting a big bag of potato chips at a deli before getting into a waiting limo. 

(I don't doubt that Page 6 is part of Sonja's daily reading.)

• Love 2

I finally watched the episode. I have lost any compassion I had for Sonja. What a self-absorbed, hypersexual bitch. She was so rude to LuAnn.

I didn't find Heather to be horrible, she didn't talk to Kristen while she was repelling any more than LuAnn did. Kristen would get on my last nerve with all of her complaining and crying. I can't stand her.

While Carole's dress was a little off for the event, Ramona was worse. During the geo cache, she was walking around in a leather jacket, holding an umbrella and carrying her purse. Speaking of Ramona, I am sick to death of her complaining and general snottiness.

I am about done with this show. I want Aviva, Ramona, Sonja and Kristen off my television.

• Love 3