Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E16: Go Yell It On The Mountain

• Start Topic

Heather said she's a tomboy because she was raised with boys and learned to do 'boy things' so I can see where very girly Kristin could get on her nerves.  (plus the fact that Kristen is downright irritating with all her over the top O faces and operatic laugh-- yikes, I'm more girly girl than tomboy but Kristen would sure drive me around the bend)  Heather was friends first with Josh, so maybe she's 'friends' with Kristin but gets along better with Josh?  I've put up with a couple of real winners before just to spend time with their husbands/wives with my husband in a social situation.  Maybe Kristen gets on her nerves in real life and with alcohol it was just too much.

Heather was also the only one who witnessed Kristen's meltdown at the mudrun.  I thought she was telling Kristen it was okay not to do the rappelling because she didn't want her to freak out.  I didn't see that at trying to deter her.

One of the reasons I started to come around to Heather this season was because of her blog about the Mud Run. She was the one who explained that Kristen even succeeded where she (Heather) failed at making it over the wall. That was why I personally couldn't understand Heather's comments at the beginning of this particular obstacle. It seemed to me that she would be more willing to cheer Kristen on than trying to convince her that it might not be the thing for Kristen to do. 

Heather was the one who explained that people have different reactions to accomplishing something that they didn't want to do in the first place - at least she did in her blog about the Mud Run and Kristen's reaction to finishing it.

That's why this behavior is confusing to me. Heather was all about giving Kristen props during the Mud Run - especially since Kristen accomplished something that even Heather couldn't. She seemed to understand that Kristen would need an emotional release after the Mud Run. So, why did she immediately start trying to convince Kristen not to do the rappelling? And, why was she so harsh about Kristen's reaction to going through with it?

One of the reasons I even care about Kristen is because of the way Heather explained Kristen's responses to the Mud Run. Now, I worry that I was right to dislike Heather in her first season. But, I really like Heather this season, with the exception of this episode. Maybe it really is as simple as the women getting on each other's nerves and there being nothing to do except drink, do the pre-planned activities, and pick at each other. 

I do know that I am digging this season though.

• Love 5

Man - I can't stand the playing the "I am a single mother" when one's teen is at boarding school and spends the summer with her father. I can understand it when women raise a child/ren without help and working without the father contributing financial support. Way to get some sympathy Sonja?

• Love 2

If they're going to clean house, they need to go all out--Ramona, too.  One of the reasons I enjoyed the early seasons was due to the pre-existing relationships between Ramona, Jill and LuAnn.  Sonja joined because she was Ramona and LuAnn's friend.  If next season is going to be Ramona + randoms, I don't think that's interesting.  Find a new social circle altogether, Bravo.

• Love 3

Couple things.

I think Kristen is pretty miserable in her marriage (shocker) and that she tends to feed that frustration into her relationship with Heather, who has some Alpha female, Josh-type qualities-- and Heather gets provoked by it.  Kristen can definitely be whiny.  

Another thought.  Maybe the fancy ladies' harshing on Montana is because Bravo only sent them to Montana this year, which had to be less expensive overall than going to Morocco, St. Barth's, London.  Bravo may be punishing the ladies for demanding higher salaries... by sending them on cheaper trips (Berkshires, Saratoga, Montana).  Sonja and Ramona expect more diva treatment and may be partly bitching about it b/c they don't like the realization that Bravo doesn't think they're worth the major moolah for the fancier trips.

• Love 6

But if last night's ROL "report" was deemed a fake story by no less than Andy (and pronto, I might add), isn't it obvious that this item is from the same "source" and is fake as well? Once again, Aviva - she who the producers cut from the opening montage - she who has zero fans - is the sole cast member who "might" be asked back as a "special guest star" to join Ramona the Original. Yup, makes a lot of sense.

• Love 2

Heather is an asshole. When Kristen was preparing to absail down the cliff, Heather was not being a supportive friend, she was trying to throw her off and psyche her out. "You shouldn't do it, it's not natural. You can't do it, it's okay." Who says that? In what world are those words of encouragement? It was as clear as day that Heather did not want Kristen to absail, Heather wanted Kristen to freak out and give up and Heather wanted to use that failure as another example of how Kristen is not as sporty or cool as her. I'm not the biggest Kristen fan, I think she's an incredibly dramatic person who would no doublt be exhausting to know personally, but there is no excuse for how Heather treated her in this episode.

• Love 6

I guess I'm the only one who had a different take on Heather telling Kristin its ok if she didn't rappell.

I thought she was trying to give Kristin an out in case she didn't want to do it.

I saw it as Heather telling her that it wasn't for everybody and nobody would think badly about her if she decided to not do it.

I saw it that way as well

• Love 5

This wasn't Heather's best episode, fo' shizzel.  I agree that she has some of her identity wrapped up in being "the tomboy" in the group, the one who can handle athletic endeavors, and she plays that up a bit.  I mean, I know lots of women who do endurance races and run companies in REAL life (I'm one of them!), but basically none of them show up on Housewives.  So I'm just happy to see a real person on the show, and I can forgive her the silly ghetto slang and occasional drunk-induced bitchiness.

Here's my own take on that Montana meltdown.  It's not about athletic credentials.  Carole, by all accounts a close friend, is not a jock and that doesn't seem to be an issue with the two of them.  At all.  I think the dynamic with Kristen and Heather is a bit complicated by their history; Kristen needs Heather in a way that is unique to the two of them.  Heather was Kristen's in with the housewives (Brandi is not on the show), and more than that, I suspect that Josh respects Heather in a way that he might not respect his own wife, and I think that complicates the Heather/Kristen dynamic.  I think Kristen craves Heather's approval both through the lens of the housewives and her husband, to validate her position with both. I think Heather is flattered by this attention, wants to be supportive of Kristen, and - ultimately - is maybe a little turned off by it.  I think Heather is a strong woman who values other strong women (yay!), and doesn't always like Kristen's weakness.  (I mean, Heather can handle Luann and Ramona just fine, two very opinionated women; I don't think Heather needs to be top dog to be comfortable.)

I also laughed when she said, in her blog, about Kristen's accusation, "I'm not bossy, I'm the boss."  I can't help it.  I love Heather.  

• Love 7

I would love to know how long it took Kristen to finally make it down. My guess is she fussed around for an hour or so getting on everyone's nerves.  What irritated me was her insistence on going first-had she let Heather and LuAnn go she would have had to listen to them.  She was rude and demanding as usual.  perhaps without Heather and LuAnn being there she would have either decided against it or been a lot less dramatic.  The whole scene was totally annoying which set the pace for the rest of the episode-boring.

After listening to Ramona on WWHL say that her daughter understands her behavior because, "it is just for the show," I am beginning to believe that much of Sonja's behavior is "just for the show".  Little things like bending down to get in the fridge-could be taken two ways (1) warning the camera person not to shoot from that angle (2) she knew that a line such as that would make the clips.  I didn't realize that Sonja referencing "commando" had another meaning-on WWHL she was talking about wearing Commando brand underwear.  LuAnn on the other hand seems to work very hard to create this image that her life is so very perfect.  I think that is why she comes so unglued when someone mentions some of her less than upright behavior.

Does anyone know if Sonja has confirmed her daughter is in boarding school?  Is it stateside or abroad?  I know LuAnn's daughter had a history of getting kicked out of some of the better private schools and boarding schools.  I have just never heard of Sonja's mention of her daughter being away.  I could understand her daughter spending the better part of the summer with her 83 year old father as they were filming for the majority of the summer.

Old Man Morgan strikes me as the type who would want the ex to have custody just so that he can move on to his next wife with as little "baggage" as possible.

Just asking--what makes you think Morgan is the type to ditch his daughter so he can basically hook up with a new, improved Mrs Morgan? I know nothing about the man other than that he's rich, comes from a well known and social family which goes back a few generations (yes, I know who the Morgans are).

If I were him I'd likely want to protect my child, especially from someone who, at best, seems to be flirting with the edge (as well as anything in pants). Granted, it could well just be for the cameras/paycheck, but it doesn't strike me as the best example/role model for a teenager.

• Love 1

When Kristen was cauterwauling during the rappelling yelling "I hate you all" she sounded almost exactly like the Wicked Witch of the West screaming that she was melting after Dorothy had thrown water on her. It was uncanny! "What a world!"

• Love 2
(edited)

I will always think better of a parent who keeps their kid off of a reality show after an acrimonious divorce and some kind of custody struggle.  Sonja is unstable as fuck.  I posted the extended fight with LuAnn upthread - I am pretty sure Persnickety did, too - and Sonja is a super angry, irrational, entitled mess.  As far as her second ex-husband, well, Sonja tried to mess with her ex's money not in terms of settlement but in terms of her movie-business fraud, and she is fortunate that he keeps old-money silent about things because she could probably come across even worse than she does, since she sings a song of 'single motherhood' and 'no settlement' with no countering verse about 'repeated lying to investors.'

I really don't think her constant mention of uncovered private areas with her semi-drunk fish-mouth smile at whatever man is around and needing pixelation are her way of marketing Commando-brand panties.  Seriously, her thumbs-upping any product would make me not want it.

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 4
(edited)

Thanks for the info on Carole's 'walking dress'  Mu guess is that the last time anyone in Montana wore a walking dress was never.  The early settlers would have had more sense than to parade around in that get-up.

Also, a vintage walking dress would be worth preserving wouldn't it?  So someone who really cared about clothes might wear it in a less arduous landscape.  Say, promenading in Central Park.  Which is what it would have been designed for.  Only someone who didn't give a shit about anything except trying to be the Coolest Ho'Wife On The Planet would wear something like that in those conditions.  And of course Carole doesn't care about tawdry stuff like that...

Edited by quaintirene
  • Love 4

I will always think better of a parent who keeps their kid off of a reality show after an acrimonious divorce and some kind of custody struggle.  Sonja is unstable as fuck.  I posted the extended fight with LuAnn upthread - I am pretty sure Persnickety did, too - and Sonja is a super angry, irrational, entitled mess.  As far as her second ex-husband, well, Sonja tried to mess with her ex's money not in terms of settlement but in terms of her movie-business fraud, and she is fortunate that he keeps old-money silent about things because she could probably come across even worse than she does, since she sings a song of 'single motherhood' and 'no settlement' with no countering verse about 'repeated lying to investors.'

I really don't think her constant mention of uncovered private areas with her semi-drunk fish-mouth smile at whatever man is around and needing pixelation are her way of marketing Commando-brand panties.  Seriously, her thumbs-upping any product would make me not want it.

I find Sonja to be a revolting woman.  She is a drunk and delusional idiot

• Love 1

Just asking--what makes you think Morgan is the type to ditch his daughter so he can basically hook up with a new, improved Mrs Morgan?

I think you misunderstood my post. I never said that he would ditch his daughter to hook up with another wife. What I meant was that he wouldn't fight a custody battle. Why would he? He is 80 some years old and marrying women 30-40 years younger than he is. He would most likely be very open to not fighting the mother on custody simply so that everything in that relationship can resolved as quickly and quietly as possible and he can move on to life with his new wife. 

As I said, doesn't mean he doesn't love his daughter. Certainly doesn't mean that he would ditch his daughter (which is something I never said or even meant to imply).

• Love 3

Thanks for the info on Carole's 'walking dress'  Mu guess is that the last time anyone in Montana wore a walking dress was never.  The early settlers would have had more sense than to parade around in that get-up.

Also, a vintage walking dress would be worth preserving wouldn't it?  So someone who really cared about clothes might wear it in a less arduous landscape.  Say, promenading in Central Park.  Which is what it would have been designed for.  Only someone who didn't give a shit about anything except trying to be the Coolest Ho'Wife On The Planet would wear something like that in those conditions.  And of course Carole doesn't care about tawdry stuff like that...

that scene made me ill....watching Carol in that beautiful dress. What the H was she thinking....I think she really missed her "cool" image with this one.

• Love 1

Also, a vintage walking dress would be worth preserving wouldn't it?  So someone who really cared about clothes might wear it in a less arduous landscape.  Say, promenading in Central Park.  Which is what it would have been designed for.  Only someone who didn't give a shit about anything except trying to be the Coolest Ho'Wife On The Planet would wear something like that in those conditions.  And of course Carole doesn't care about tawdry stuff like that...

I really couldn't get too worked up about the dress. For one, she was just taking a stroll through a fairly flat landscape. For two, it was obvious to me that the women were most likely bored with each other's company and Carole probably played around with her clothing choices for something to do and figured, "why not?"  at least she would get a laugh or it could be a possible conversation starter to get the women to talk about something other than their petty drama.

Plus, I also think Carole smokes a lot of pot and thought the material of the dress felt good.

• Love 13

I really couldn't get too worked up about the dress. For one, she was just taking a stroll through a fairly flat landscape. For two, it was obvious to me that the women were most likely bored with each other's company and Carole probably played around with her clothing choices for something to do and figured, "why not?"  at least she would get a laugh or it could be a possible conversation starter to get the women to talk about something other than their petty drama.

Plus, I also think Carole smokes a lot of pot and thought the material of the dress felt good.

I agree, I wasn't so much offended by the concept of the dress so much as the way it looked on her.  I love Carole, but that was not a flattering look for her, she looked so scrawny!  I got the idea that she was going for, it looked to me like an old saloon dress, like I expected that she might have a pistol in her garter belt or maybe a deck of playing cards.  I think that all the ladies have really been struggling with their fashion choices on this trip, they are trying to dress "western" and it's looking quite tragic. 

(edited)

One of the reasons I started to come around to Heather this season was because of her blog about the Mud Run. She was the one who explained that Kristen even succeeded where she (Heather) failed at making it over the wall. That was why I personally couldn't understand Heather's comments at the beginning of this particular obstacle. It seemed to me that she would be more willing to cheer Kristen on than trying to convince her that it might not be the thing for Kristen to do.

Heather was the one who explained that people have different reactions to accomplishing something that they didn't want to do in the first place - at least she did in her blog about the Mud Run and Kristen's reaction to finishing it.

That's why this behavior is confusing to me. Heather was all about giving Kristen props during the Mud Run - especially since Kristen accomplished something that even Heather couldn't. She seemed to understand that Kristen would need an emotional release after the Mud Run. So, why did she immediately start trying to convince Kristen not to do the rappelling? And, why was she so harsh about Kristen's reaction to going through with it?

One of the reasons I even care about Kristen is because of the way Heather explained Kristen's responses to the Mud Run. Now, I worry that I was right to dislike Heather in her first season. But, I really like Heather this season, with the exception of this episode. Maybe it really is as simple as the women getting on each other's nerves and there being nothing to do except drink, do the pre-planned activities, and pick at each other.

I do know that I am digging this season though.

So many good points regarding Heather. I like her too still despite this episode, but I'm still trying to get a handle on Kristin, why does she wail so, after accomplishing a hard task? You'd think some invisible force had a gun to her head while she was doing it. I think Luann and her reaction was interesting, as I believe she also had never repelled before and was scared, but ready.

Everything Kristin supposedly wants to do doesn't ever seem to lead back to proving anything or doing it to validate HERSELF imo, and that is why I think she feels no elation, and like Heather, I don't understand from her THs about these experiences why she continues to do them, but something in me respects this resilience. I dunno, she ran for Josh back then and also wailed after, she repelled to prove something to Heather (in my eyes anyway) or us, the viewers, and wailed after. I'm a total cryer ... but I don't understand this one. I say this because when she's done, her tears seem bitter and like a crying out of self pity. Who wants to repel or do anything with someone who you have to go coddle afterward and who ruins your high? They had to go over to her and talk about crying orgasms or something, get her to lighten up and feel good again.

Heather probably feels like Kristin's emotional babysitter sometimes, Kristin probably feels like Heather is too much of a mother hen know-it-all sometimes, maybe too brusque and "always right" (kind of like that oldest child syndrome). I guess neither of them had me on their side of the argument, but certainly they have an interesting dynamic as friends.

I'm enjoying the show too, quite a lot actually, thanks in part to this forum.

Edited by Souvlaki
  • Love 2

that scene made me ill....watching Carol in that beautiful dress. What the H was she thinking....I think she really missed her "cool" image with this one.

Yeah, and Carole's ponytails need to be ditched as well.  She's too old to be sporting those.  I thought the whole get-up looked completely busted (although the dress was beautiful).

• Love 1

Yeah, and Carole's ponytails need to be ditched as well.  She's too old to be sporting those.  I thought the whole get-up looked completely busted (although the dress was beautiful).

Yep....they sure do,lol....

Well....that could explain a good bit of her behavior; I'd forgotten about her smoking pot....she's just "high on believing" if anyone remembers that song from the 70's, I think

• Love 2

Just watched the extended fight between Sonja and Luanne. How dare they deny us that amazing accusation and quote about Lu eating "economy size potato chips" which somehow validated what the facialist said about her? You eat potato chips! You're the countess and that's supposed to count for something!

• Love 3

Just watched the extended fight between Sonja and Luanne. How dare they deny us that amazing accusation and quote about Lu eating "economy size potato chips" which somehow validated what the facialist said about her? You eat potato chips! You're the countess and that's supposed to count for something!

I would have liked to see more.  I  think it was quite kind of Sonja to drift off to crazy land instead of following through on the "you're no angel, LuAnn."  Leave it to Sonja to weave Michelle Obama into the meltdown.  One thing about Sonja is she doesn't often get down in the dirt with the gossip about the others.  I have to give her the facialist.  Or as LuAnn called her your bitch of a facialist.

I am still trying to figure out why LuAnn is so angry at Ramona.  Molly Sims party could not have been that good.

• Love 1
(edited)

But if last night's ROL "report" was deemed a fake story by no less than Andy (and pronto, I might add), isn't it obvious that this item is from the same "source" and is fake as well? Once again, Aviva - she who the producers cut from the opening montage - she who has zero fans - is the sole cast member who "might" be asked back as a "special guest star" to join Ramona the Original. Yup, makes a lot of sense.

Oh damn, I just saw the story this morning and posted it in the Ramona thread since she was rumored to be the only one kept.

As for Aviva being a possible guest star?  This makes no sense to me whatsoever, either.  Especially after Andy had sufficient fallout about George that he actually tweeted to reassure fans the old perv wouldn't be back on our screens this season.

It would make far more sense that Andy would want Carole to make occasional guest star appearances, IMO, simply because she and Andy are real-life friends.  Hell, even having Sonja make occasional guest appearances would make more sense than Aviva, because of Sonja's relationship with Ramona.

Now that I think about it, ANY of the housewives making occasional guest appearances would make more sense than Aviva.

I'm enjoying this season but I do wish that, instead of going for all "new blood" to interact with Ramona, Andy would go into the Ghosts of Housewives Past file and just try resurrecting some "ghosts" before he replaces the entire cast.

As much as I loathe her, I think he should give Jill a few guest appearances to see if that would give the ratings a shot in the arm.  I honestly think she's such a "love to hate" character that ratings would improve.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 2

I wish Sonja had told us if they were Ruffles or Lay's, or maybe Sun Chips.  Maybe Sonja meant pommes frites, to go along with her Frenchman. 

OMG, Sonja!  You've lost your mind!

• Love 3
(edited)

I just watched the extended fight that someone linked upstream. Eating potato chips equates to sleeping around how? That is such a bizarre argument. Satchels of gold!

Holy snack food, was this ever epic!  The WTF look on Luann's face was PRICELESS.  How does one even respond to that type of batshit crazy comment?  

For the life of me, I have no idea why the editors didn't leave this in.  The other women trying not to giggle at Sonja's drunken gibberish was gold, too.  

Scary Island II - Montana Boogaloo.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 7

Yes. People do talk about Sonja! I haven't heard the one about the lopsided boobs, but you should hear all the gossip flying around the Beauty Industry about her divorce. It's like a Danielle Steel novel, with faraway places and betrayals and even a French man, allegedly. LuAnn has heard it. We've all heard it.

So, Carole and LuAnn will sit and listen to detailed gossip regarding Sonja, instead of telling the gossipers to shut up and leave? Oh, okay.

My "friend" adores their Total Cleansing Oil, and now swears by the Super-Restorative Day Cream and the Hydra-Quench cream.  Their self-tanner is pretty good, too.  At least that's what my friend tells me.  

Well my "friend" is hoping that the Native American ancestry she shares with Luann might help bump up the effects.  What I...Er, "she" wouldn't do to look so amazing at Luann's age (or any age, for that matter).

There are quite a few of the housewives who actually respond to questions on Twitter.  I...Oops, my "friend," has had responses from Luann, Kyle, Yolanda, Jill, and Alex and Simon.  My "friend" has also been unable to resist the temptation to Tweet some well-deserved snark and has managed to get banned from a few housewife Twitter accounts as well.  Hey, somebody's got to give those women a reality check on occasion.  

Holy snack food, was this ever epic!  The WTF look on Luann's face was PRICELESS.  How does one even respond to that type of batshit crazy comment?  

For the life of me, I have no idea why the editors didn't leave this in.  The other women trying not to giggle at Sonja's drunken gibberish was gold, too.  

Scary Island II - Montana Boogaloo.  

Montana Boogaloo?  Gold, I tell you!

Persnickety, please tell me that you, I mean your "friend", were/was banned by Gretchen and Tamra.  That would thrill me to no end because I just can't with those delusional bitches. 

• Love 3

Persnickety, please tell me that you, I mean your "friend", were/was banned by Gretchen and Tamra.  That would thrill me to no end because I just can't with those delusional bitches.

Definitely by Gretchen and Slade.  It would appear they're quite sensitive about questions regarding Slade's apparent lack of quality time with Grayson and Gretchen's bags/repackaged makeup that are apparently decaying in a warehouse somewhere.  No sense of humor, those two.  

Not so much Tamra.  I try to...Er, my friend tries to bridle the snark a bit where Tamra is concerned, because there's just so much secondary gain from her Twitter account.  The outrageous crap she tweets can disappear moments or hours later, so it's more lucrative to stay on her "good" side (like she has one) for the entertainment value.  

• Love 4
(edited)

I just watched the extended fight that someone linked upstream. Eating potato chips equates to sleeping around how? That is such a bizarre argument. Satchels of gold!

What in the love of God was that? Al Sharpton!

Edited by nc socialworker
  • Love 5

I have to wonder about Heather.  She got into great shape in between seasons.  Her whole reason for starting  YT was because she realized the mommy tummy wasn't going away.  Someone asked her about it on twitter and she replied that she saw herself on camera and didn't like it.  And I do notice that she isn't so black and gray this year (although it is summer, so that might account for it).  And the reason I wonder is because of the "But I'm Preeetty" comment.  Kristen isn't anymore annoying than drunken Sonja or Ramona on that Geo-annoying thing.  But Heather is biting about Kristen.  I think she is mad that Kristen did the rappelling.  I think down deep she didn't want her to do it.  Weak Kristen did the big bad rock wall that big strong Heather could do.

I love Heather.  I just am surprised at this side of her going after Kristen over BS.  It's disappointing to me.  Cracks in the armor.

• Love 5

Well....that could explain a good bit of her behavior; I'd forgotten about her smoking pot....she's just "high on believing" if anyone remembers that song from the 70's, I think

I don't blame Carole, I have to get "high on believing" just to watch these crazy women.

So, Carole and LuAnn will sit and listen to detailed gossip regarding Sonja, instead of telling the gossipers to shut up and leave? Oh, okay.

I took that as joke.
  • Love 1

Oh my gawd...why didn't they show the extended clip in the episode? Best clip this season. I can't wait to throw an insult by potato chip at someone! Did anyone notice the wait staff watching? They were... WTF?

• Love 3
(edited)

At least they aren't inviting the gossipers on freaking camera and egging them on.  And in terms of LuAnn being gifted with Sonja not going there, no one on this show, ever, has benefited as much as Sonja with the edit and with the discretion others have shown her for years, about fraud, about her own skankrattery with men, about her being married twice and lying about her purchasing properties alone and running her businesses and on and on and on.

The editors were very kind to crazy-assed Sonja for cutting her snack-food rant.  That shit made less sense than satchels of gold and gummy bears.  And she was angrier when saying all of her mess, too.  She's been angry and out of control for most of her seasons, too; the flashback with her drunk-screaming at Jacques and not believing in their relationship before sobbing and requiring attention and comfort because she was afraid LuAnn would get hurt...I mean, come on.

Kristen isn't anymore annoying than drunken Sonja or Ramona on that Geo-annoying thing.  But Heather is biting about Kristen.  I think she is mad that Kristen did the rappelling.  I think down deep she didn't want her to do it.  Weak Kristen did the big bad rock wall that big strong Heather could do.

I love Heather.  I just am surprised at this side of her going after Kristen over BS.  It's disappointing to me.  Cracks in the armor.

I agree.  It disappoints me, too.  I missed it at first but on rewatch I really think Heather didn't want Kristen to go through with it.  Kristen may have cried during the Mud Run, but she scaled a wall and Heather couldn't and gave her blog props for it, and she also admitted that she effed up by promising to stick with Kristen and then ditching her.  Heather has been unkind specifically to Kristen and I don't think Kristen deserves that.  Yes, she whines, but I think Kristen is a very capable person and people miss that she achieves difficult stuff because she talks about her fears and anxieties. 

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 3

Can one ever be to old for a ponytail? Perhaps, but I don't think so and if there is some arbitrary cut off age, I don't see Carole as there yet. On the other hand pigtails? Most definitely. Carole needs to stop with that. I am not one of those hair purists that thinks a woman over a certain age needs to basically say goodbye to long hair forever and cut it all off but pigtails past a certain age? I just can not deal or condone That is right up there with bows and barrettes - strictly for kids. 

• Love 2

Mu guess is that the last time anyone in Montana wore a walking dress was never.  The early settlers would have had more sense than to parade around in that get-up.

As soon as they set up a town to walk in, I'll bet one or two did.  Although South Dakota isn't Montana, I'd hazard to guess they dressed in similar fashion; check out the C********* Couture thread over on the Deadwood forum to see some elaborate clothing.  :-)

• Love 3

I would love to know how long it took Kristen to finally make it down. My guess is she fussed around for an hour or so getting on everyone's nerves.  What irritated me was her insistence on going first-had she let Heather and LuAnn go she would have had to listen to them.  She was rude and demanding as usual.  perhaps without Heather and LuAnn being there she would have either decided against it or been a lot less dramatic.  The whole scene was totally annoying which set the pace for the rest of the episode-boring.

Did you hear Kristen snap at the instructor?  I think he was explaining to her how he could get her down the mountain if she got stuck halfway or something, and she was like, "THAT WAS ALL YOU HAD TO SAY."  It was a bit odd that the one most terrified and on a constant verge of tears insisted on going first.  Of course, she had to be the center of attention.

• Love 1
(edited)
Now that I think about it, ANY of the housewives making occasional guest appearances would make more sense than Aviva.

I'm enjoying this season but I do wish that, instead of going for all "new blood" to interact with Ramona, Andy would go into the Ghosts of Housewives Past file and just try resurrecting some "ghosts" before he replaces the entire cast.

As much as I loathe her, I think he should give Jill a few guest appearances to see if that would give the ratings a shot in the arm.  I honestly think she's such a "love to hate" character that ratings would improve.

Andy digs the Moaner so I could believe he'd keep her around.  Veevs?  No fuckin' way!  That dame is trouble.  She's been giving the producers a lot of grief & they don't want to deal with her crap anymore.  I'd be shocked if she doesn't get the boot.  Jillzy had her shot when she appeared on WWHL & she fucked it up -- big time.  No way any of the producers wanna deal with her shit either.

Btw, could Kristen's mountain climbing whining have been any more annoying?

My guess is that the last time anyone in Montana wore a walking dress was never.

So many women I know who are 45 to 50 dreamed of being a Little House on the Prairie girl.  Maybe this was Carole's thinking with that dress?  Or maybe she was so stoned she thought she put on a t-shirt & shorts, but really had that thing on instead.

Did anyone see Alex's answer to the mystery of Sonja's interns?  It wasn't especially an answer at all.  Cuz just like I thought, she has no idea what's going on.  But she did promote her own shit (surprise, surprise) & talked about how she & Simon applied to have an intern.  WTF?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1

A friend (cough, cough) was so impressed by her perfect skin that she (cough, cough) actually tweeted her and asked what her skin regimen is.

I stocked up immediately.

Er, my "friend" stocked up immediately.  

I love it!  Tell your "friend" a big hearty thank-you.  :) 

So, I can now deduce that the secret combination to looking as fab as Lulu is simply: Clarins skincare line + sex on the regular with a short, stocky Frenchman + Economy sized bags of potato chips (Michelle Obama be damned!)

Heather's reaction when she 'wins' at hatchet throwing next week:

https://vine.co/v/MtZ2xhIjDPe

Ok was anybody as disturbed by that "child-like thing" as I was?  It looks part demon, part forest nymph, with maybe a smattering of "little boy" in there somewhere.

• Love 5

Oh my gawd...why didn't they show the extended clip in the episode? Best clip this season. I can't wait to throw an insult by potato chip at someone! Did anyone notice the wait staff watching? They were... WTF?

That extended clip helped to clarify to me why Luann just got up and stormed away.

Sonja was so damned drunk she called them "potato SHIPS" at first.  I think once Luann got over the initial shock of how preposterously off the rails Sonja had gone she realized any attempts to have a rational talk with her was gone.

I really wish she would have sat her Countess ass back down though and let Sonja keep ranting.  Just for my personal entertainment.  I'd have loved to have seen what other pearls of wisdom Sonja was about to divulge.

Potato chips indeed.  Such a scamp, that Countess.  Absolutely scandalous behavior with her oral assault on a bag of chips, and economy size no less!  

• Love 5

<snip>

Did anyone see Alex's answer to the mystery of Sonja's interns?  It wasn't especially an answer at all.  Cuz just like I thought, she has no idea what's going on.  But she did promote her own shit (surprise, surprise) & talked about how she & Simon applied to have an intern.  WTF?

OMG why didn't she just say she didn't know? She could have added that if anyone wanted to hear the long and boring story of how she and Simon got legitimate interns, text her. She doesn't know anymore about Sonja's interns than any of us.

• Love 1

So. What the everlovingfuck was this?!: https://vine.co/v/MtZ2xhIjDPe  This kid scares the bejeebus out of me!!! #notcute

I can't figure out how to quote, nor can I find the FAQs or whatever would tell me how to! Someone help pls!!

"I think Kristen is pretty miserable in her marriage (shocker) and that she tends to feed that frustration into her relationship with Heather, who has some Alpha female, Josh-type qualities-- and Heather gets provoked by it."

Yes. I'm reminded of that horrible mud run when he was MOST unsupportive.

"That and the fact that Lu fucked the pirate first, probably in a lush bed in the villa, while Sonja settled for some sloppy seconds out on the lawn, has to just piss her off."

And, lest we forget (I wish!!) sloppy seconds thru the 'back door'!!!

I do have to agree with not being that interested in watching NYC in MT. I know it's beautiful, but c'mon, give me some truly fabulous exotic vaca I can live vicariously through!!

• Love 1

So. What the everlovingfuck was this?!: https://vine.co/v/MtZ2xhIjDPe  This kid scares the bejeebus out of me!!! #notcute

I can't figure out how to quote, nor can I find the FAQs or whatever would tell me how to! Someone help pls!!

It's really easy.  Look on the bottom right side of the post you'd like to quote.  You'll see red quote signs (") there.  Click on that, and it will give you the quoted post in a window.  Go under that window and click and start typing your reply.

HTH!