Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: Nothing Faisons This Super Game Night

• Start Topic

Donald Faison, David Arquette, and Rob Riggle against Superstore's Colton Dunn, Lauren Ash, and Ben Feldman.

I thought this was a pretty good ep. I enjoyed all the games -- I like that the ball game had two from each team at the same side, like in lanes, rather than facing each other, and there was a buzzer for each team, not one in the middle.

Jane sure did talk a lot to the celebrities. I didn't count the games, but I would think there were fewer of them since so much time was spent talking.

I thought it was a little unfair for there to be a game where the contestant had to name the dance, with one of the contestants being a dance instructor. I didn't know the names of some of the dances.

It was the usual five games, but yeah, there did seem to be some extra chat bits. I wonder if they record extra bits for every episode so the editors have something to use if the games don't fill up the time. I notice that multiple instances of celebrities playing with the band coming out of commercials occur in every episode now, as well.

Pretty decent episode. I think the only new game was "Who Are You Wearing", although they've had variations of that before. It seemed to be pretty easy, with both teams getting all four with lots of time to spare.

Good final round. I think Donald realized halfway through that he was going to be mostly superfluous in the face of Lauren's skills, and the civilian was really on top of it, quickly passing on the one she didn't know. Well earned win.

9 hours ago, BobH said:

I notice that multiple instances of celebrities playing with the band coming out of commercials occur in every episode now, as well.

I'm not crazy about that, though I did hope to see Donald dance (instead of sing).

On 7/27/2019 at 1:50 AM, BobH said:

It was the usual five games, but yeah, there did seem to be some extra chat bits. I wonder if they record extra bits for every episode so the editors have something to use if the games don't fill up the time.

That seems self-evidently the case to me -- or rather, they're not "extra bits," but they all just chat freely before each game, not worrying about time, and then the editors include as much or as little of it as is needed to come up to the right duration for airing. Same with the musical performances -- we'll hear the last few notes, or whole phases, whatever makes the time come out right. We already know that a lot more happens than we see: they get a thorough explanation of how each game works, maybe even a practice question, so they're not confused or hesitant when the actual game (which is what we see) starts. And in this episode Ben's shoes magically changed back from tap shoes to his usual sneakers in the instant it took him to sit down. The magic of editing.

• Love 2

This was so much fun. The contestants were the right mix of good-natured and competitive.

Little Biscuits!

I would really like to see Ben in a musical now. 

This group of castmates from Superstore is now added to my list of people from The Good Place who I would happily watch for hours. Lauren, Colton, and Ben make a great team.