Type keyword(s) to search

S01: Week 4: July 29. 2019-August 2, 2019

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Weston is a grade A douchebag, full stop. I thought I liked him previously but this past week has really shown his true colours. I'm all for exploring relationships on this show. What I'm not for is Weston playing each girl he's interested in and trashing them to his new eye candy. He did it with Katrina when he was interested in Kelsey. And now he's doing it with poor Kelsey now that he's semi-interested in Emily. I hate that Weston feels the need to trash Kelsey to Emily while also cuddling Kelsey two minutes later and telling her how much he cares for her. He obviously doesn't anymore. And now with Kyra expressing interest (and Kyra's another one I will need to rant about), he has no issues cuddling up with her and expressing his feelings about her while liking two other girls!

Kyra is just as bad as Weston, so if she chooses him, I will have no issues with hoping for an elimination from America/Canada, because they'd be booted out by fans in a heartbeat. Kyra flip flops just as much as Weston. She liked Cashel, then saw interest in Eric, but then Cashel left and that stopped Kyra's interest in Eric. And now Kyra apparently likes Weston? Da fuck? And I guess Kyra likes Emily as well (I do feel like Kyra has lit up more around Emily than any of the guys) but we all know THAT is not going to go anywhere. They're just teasing us to make us think that Emily would choose Kyra, but it likely won't happen.

The nail in the coffin for me when it comes to Weston is that he was dishonest with each girl about what he was telling the other and then put it on Kelsey for being 'distant' with him. He honestly thought he could be flirting, kissing and exploring things with Emily while still having Kelsey giving him her undivided attention and affection. I think that's the moment that things clicked for Kelsey and she realized she may have been wrong about him. She knew right away what he meant with his comment despite her telling him that she would give him space if he wanted to get to know a new girl coming in.

Whoever her next target is, Kyra will be passed it as soon as she's sure she's made herself the sole focus of that person. Then they no longer become interesting. She may find Emily physically attractive but I'd bet that part of Emily's allure to her is that she's never been in a relationship with a woman and maybe for that reason Kyra's attention span may last longer than the rest. I know the show is about finding love but Kyra knows that she's a chaser and dumper which isn't conducive to the objective of this show...she's totally putting herself out of the running of winning anything because she can't stick with anything long enough.

• Love 5

So, there was a preview for tonight's episode:

Spoiler

It looks like Emily picks Eric and Kyra may be picking Jered, according to speculation based off of Weston crying in the preview. It's theorized that Kelsey decides to leave the Island, not picking Weston, and sending him out the door as a result. So it looks like Kelsey will be picking last, or second to last.

Or, the other theory is that Kyra picks Weston and that's when Kelsey leaves as a result, which sounds a bit more plausible. Which means Jered would be gone (and Anton/Ray, depending on who Caro chooses).

• Love 3
3 hours ago, JKLM said:

When it comes to guys I don't think Caro knows what she wants. She attaches too much to looks, for one thing, swooning over Tone before she even knows him. Second, she thinks she wants a bubbly guy, apparently so that they can both be goofy together. Two goofballs together would only lead to a bunch of problems though.

She would be much better off getting with someone like Eric. He would help steer her into common sense when necessary and she would lighten him up, develop the "fun side" that everyone keeps complaining he doesn't show.

Sadly, I doubt either one can see it.

Caro's biggest problem is she is a very immature 21 year old. They should put a 25 year age limit. A person could still be immature but at least they have lived a little as an adult.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, there was a preview for tonight's episode:

Hide contents

It looks like Emily picks Eric and Kyra may be picking Jered, according to speculation based off of Weston crying in the preview. It's theorized that Kelsey decides to leave the Island, not picking Weston, and sending him out the door as a result. So it looks like Kelsey will be picking last, or second to last.

Or, the other theory is that Kyra picks Weston and that's when Kelsey leaves as a result, which sounds a bit more plausible. Which means Jered would be gone (and Anton/Ray, depending on who Caro chooses).

Per the spoiler on the app:

Spoiler

Caro definitely picks Ray because they are in the game together. During the game you, you can't see Emily or Kelsey. The one girls shown are Elizabeth, Caro, Kyra, Alexandra and Yamen's girl (can't remember her name). For the boys, you only see Zac, Yamen and Ray. 

During the recoupling, when Emily stands it's Weston, Eric, Anton and Jared. 

• Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, retired watcher said:

Caro's biggest problem is she is a very immature 21 year old. They should put a 25 year age limit. A person could still be immature but at least they have lived a little as an adult.

I can't BELIEVE Caro is 21, Kyra is 22.  I'm SHOCKED hearing these ages!  They're kids!  I guess I have to just let it go to enjoy the show, but wow, these are young people!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Rainsong said:

DirecTV Now, by comparison, limits DVR space to 20 hrs (!?) and is priced higher (depending on channel lineup) with more price increases inevitable given the depressing (for them) and now-regular stories of quarterly drops in satellite subscriptions.

When did that start?  I currently have 126 episodes of Judge Judy along with a few other movies/shows and I'm only 43% full according to my DVR.  But yes, Directv is ridiculously expensive.

I'm enjoying this stupid show so much that, after catching up due to the POP marathon over the weekend, I committed to the free trial of CBS All Access and have been watching it live. The only thing I watch live is sports!  I draw the line at actually paying to watch this, so I will cancel before the free trial ends (and start another free trial with a new credit card/email combo next week)

5 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

The nail in the coffin for me when it comes to Weston is that he was dishonest with each girl about what he was telling the other and then put it on Kelsey for being 'distant' with him. He honestly thought he could be flirting, kissing and exploring things with Emily while still having Kelsey giving him her undivided attention and affection. I think that's the moment that things clicked for Kelsey and she realized she may have been wrong about him. She knew right away what he meant with his comment despite her telling him that she would give him space if he wanted to get to know a new girl coming in.

Agreed.  I was happy that she saw through that BS so quickly.  

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Not only does Kyra say "like" all of the time but now she's started to say "at the end of the day" when it's totally nonsensical and now she has got Weston saying it too.

Something like "Weston is a great friend, at the end of the day, but at the end of the day, like I'm like attracted to him at the end of the day, so I should ask him out at the end of the day."

I guess we have learned however that she's not a morning person...

11 hours ago, Rainsong said:

Alexandra -  [snip]

Looked like ol' Dyl was putting her through her paces under the covers the other night.  Those two seconds of footage are about as racy as the US version is going to risk airing.

I was shocked. Shocked I tell you! That they showed Elizabeth last night with that little two piece lacy number on and then in bed with Zac she was laying on her chest and clearly had no top on.

PS: Great to see the Island get the Rainsong treatment! Great stuff.

• Love 1

Has anyone had sex on this show yet? I think Elizabeth said she and Zac didn't but she could have been lying. And I think Caro just said they didn't either. If they're both telling the truth then I'm surprised. 😂

Random observations from tonight's epi:

With the way that they all do makeup etc. together you'd think someone would have told Emily that her eyelashes do not look good... they only cover 3/4 of her lids and when she looks down it's totally distracting. I'm not a fan of this trend either though it's not usually this noticeable. Don't get me started on the duck lips treatment though (Kelsey).

Color me surprised that Caro picked Ray. I like thought that like she liked the like looks of Tone and was like waiting for someone who looked like like him. Interesting. As her little 'reasons' thing went on I kept saying to myself "She had BETTER be talking about Ray!"

Aissata looks better (at least facially) with her new extensions/wig on but wow, hair down to below your knees is a LOT of look, anytime you have to be careful of your hair when you sit down you're in sketchy territory.

I was surprised Emily was going so early and what with the dramatic music swelling behind her and her starting with wanting to couple up with 'this person' and her looking over to the left a bit and them showing Kyra and then she of course lets down everyone and picks Weston... he really deserved to be left out in the cold or at least squirm a bit, not get picked early! Weak choice.

And then Weston asks her if she's sure. Which is kind of like someone saying "I love you" and the other person saying "Oh. Neat." *eyeroll*

I respect Kasey for taking herself out and admit I'd underestimated her maturity. Good luck to you. Get yourself the hell out of this place with dignity. Nobody puts Baby in a corner. (even on a half oval couch...).

Edited by Wandering Snark
Heh, I clicked 'post' too early but will continue a new post. Whoops.
  • Love 7
28 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

With the way that they all do makeup etc. together you'd think someone would have told Emily that her eyelashes do not look good... they only cover 3/4 of her lids and when she looks down it's totally distracting. I'm not a fan of this trend either though it's not usually this noticeable. Don't get me started on the duck lips treatment though (Kelsey).

Yeah, I agree about Emily's false eyelashes.  They are very distracting.

• Love 1

Eric responds to Kelsey's shocking pronouncement with a curt "Well, now two of us are going home!" Not selfish or mis-timed at all...

Where did this deep connection between Eric and Ray come from? Hellloooo??? Editors?? WTF? Also out of left field was Kyra choosing Jered but I guess she was backed in to a corner (yes, on a half circle couch) though.

Caro is nothing if not subtle... at least she won't be apple (or whatever her code word for horny was...) anymore.

Not surprising for a serial cheater that has been ping-ponging between girls all season I was hoping for more of a reaction to the 63 people, maybe something like "Every time I kiss you now I'm going to taste 63 women."

I'm going out on a limb saying that Weston/Emily are not going to get many 'favorite couple' votes; or will Kyra since nobody even knows Jered is on the show yet.

• Love 3

I think Kelcey showed a lot of maturity and class. 

I've never disliked any of them more than I dislike Weston. Unfortunately for Emily; who I also think it fairly trashy, they will likely get slaughtered in the next vote. Yamen should be counting his lucky stars that he'll be forgotten about as the Island Player. 

• Love 11

I dislike Weston more and more with every passing second.  Bragging that he's slept with 63 women on national TV, at his young age.  My god! I'm so sorry for my Puritan side to come out.  You know it had to come out at some point.

I've decided I just like Caro and Yamen unabashedly, no matter how weird and quirky and very strange they both are.  I'm rooting for them.  Glad to see them happy.

Kyra's list of phrases
- At the end of the Day
- At this point

Lots of good songs

Drunk on Love - Rihanna
Drunk in Love - Beyonce (referenced in the Dunk contest)
Sia - Bird Set Free
Montell Jordan - This is How We do It
Paula Abdul - Rush Rush (Wow. what an unexpected, amazing reference.)
Mad World - Gary Jules
Harry Styles - Sign of the Times
U Can't Touch This - Hammer
Party in the USA - Miley Cyrus

3 hours ago, CarbonCopy said:

Has anyone had sex on this show yet? I think Elizabeth said she and Zac didn't but she could have been lying. And I think Caro just said they didn't either. If they're both telling the truth then I'm surprised. 😂

I thought Caro said that they DID??  I guess I misheard?

Sorry to see Anton and Eric go.  I was really starting to like Eric.  The only person I didn't mind seeing go was the Irish guy (Cormac?) and I guess Mallory.  Other than that, it sucks!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4

Oh yeah I'm pretty sure Weston/Emily are gonna be put on the bubble tomorrow.

Even if somehow they do survive it won't be long, yeah. In fact, I  have the perfect Beatles song for Emily:

"Will you still need me, will you still feed me when I'm 64?"

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Where did this deep connection between Eric and Ray come from? Hellloooo??? Editors?? WTF?

I absolutely LOVE this bromance and how torn up Ray was!  ADORABLE!

1 hour ago, Loves2Dance said:

I've never disliked any of them more than I dislike Weston.

God yes.... tattoo it on my forehead.....

• Love 7

Weston keeps getting worse and him and Kyra are tied for worst people ever. 

Weston's number of women he's slept with isn't what bugs me. You do you, dude. I don't care how many women he's slept with by his age. No, my issue with him is that he kept count with a specific number. Unless producers told him to make up a number, it's gross for him to be keeping score or something.

Kelsey has more class than I ever could have, after the way Weston treated her. I loved that she decided to walk after Emily chose Weston (Emily, gurl, you made the worst choice). I like that Eric was supportive of her choice. Listen; I really like Eric, and it's a shame he got dumped because Kyra wanted to give Jered a chance. Seriously, though, Eric really surpassed my expectations and I'll miss him. I guess now I can go hunt him down in Toronto!

Kyra is extremely two faced and bitchy. Did you hear the venom spewing from her mouth when she was talking about how "she" (Emily) came to interrupt her conversation with Weston? And then she goes to Emily and talks about having a crush on her. Kyra, you could have fooled me with the trash coming out of your mouth behind Emily's back. Hey, maybe Weston/Kyra deserve each other with how two faced they are!

Weston/Emily and Kyra/Jered are so in the bottom. Hopefully we don't get some BS "the Islanders choose one person from each couple to be dumped from the Island" because that way, we get stuck with Weston and Kyra. Nobody outside of the villa will ever vote for those two to win after how they treated their several significant others. They've officially made Yamen look better. 

I still am not really feeling Caro/Ray (I don't think they like each other THAT much) but I'd rather them than Weston or Kyra.

I just feel bad for Emily, who never got warned about Weston because the OGs are insistent on protecting him AND Kyra. Her heart is going to get broken when her choice of Weston gets her booted from the island. I do like Emily, but think she's in a very bad spot. 

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Rainsong said:

is featureless and boring, especially the triphammer invocation of the word 'like.'  It's now being used as all parts of speech.  'Like, I didn't know if I would, like, like him?'

I literally cringe every time a couple goes off for a discussion and every fourth word is 'like'. Caro and Ray are unwatchable. I didn't realize how much these conversations affected me, but it is akin to nails on a chalkboard. "Like, you know those like green chalkboards like they had at like primary school? Like with the ledges that like held pieces of like chalk and like stuff like that?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Kelsey has more class than I ever could have, after the way Weston treated her. I loved that she decided to walk after Emily chose Weston (Emily, gurl, you made the worst choice). I like that Eric was supportive of her choice. Listen; I really like Eric, and it's a shame he got dumped because Kyra wanted to give Jered a chance. Seriously, though, Eric really surpassed my expectations and I'll miss him. I guess now I can go hunt him down in Toronto!

I agree completely. Kelsey made a great decision and it annoys me that Westin was worried that she may think he was full of shit. I was so hoping that Emily would have picked Kyra, just because she could, and Kelsey would walk. Then Westin et el could go home. That would have made the show.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Weston's number of women he's slept with isn't what bugs me. You do you, dude. I don't care how many women he's slept with by his age. No, my issue with him is that he kept count with a specific number. Unless producers told him to make up a number, it's gross for him to be keeping score or something.

Oh come on... you never kept track? I certainly did, (but how hard is it to forget 4? LOL I have known men and women who have reached similar numbers to Weston, but I also know women usually subtract a few, while men add a few, to their numbers. I just can't see Weston getting that much action at his age. He's just not 'all that', and when he stated he never had a one night stand... well he's just not old enough to have had relationships with every one of those women.... I call BS, and I wish one of the ladies would have laughed, called him an amateur while she states she's slept with 92. Oh right, that makes her an undateable slut, while Weston would be seen as a stud. Blech!!

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Per the spoiler on the app:

Hide contents

Caro definitely picks Ray because they are in the game together. During the game you, you can't see Emily or Kelsey. The one girls shown are Elizabeth, Caro, Kyra, Alexandra and Yamen's girl (can't remember her name). For the boys, you only see Zac, Yamen and Ray. 

I dislike Caro because I don't believe a thing she says. (Aside of admitting she had sex with Ray, after the girls advised her to do everything 'but' have sex.) She talks shit to every guy and uses the same routine... Giggling, confessing that she's feeling 'something' towards whomever she's speaking to. Then she acts so surprised and then thrilled when her 'guy' compliments her. Then she giggles more, adds a few "Oh, you are soooo cute" and/ or "You're adorable".Finally she'll skip into the house, or (God forbid) she jumps up and down screaming, while "Blank blank got a text!"

• Love 3

I felt uncomfortable watching Caro and Ray in the hideaway with Paula Abdul in the background. 

Emily seems like one of those girls who’s used to getting what they want. Weston seems to be into it but, it’s going too fast and will probably explode.

I’m happy and sad for Kelsey. She clearly really liked Weston but, lost him. I did like the fact that she didn’t want to lead a guy on just for the game of things.

Poor Gared... Stuck with Kyra who’s not into him and just picked him to stay in the villa. He likes her too. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, TroopinFairy said:

I felt uncomfortable watching Caro and Ray in the hideaway with Paula Abdul in the background. 

Emily seems like one of those girls who’s used to getting what they want. Weston seems to be into it but, it’s going too fast and will probably explode.

I’m happy and sad for Kelsey. She clearly really liked Weston but, lost him. I did like the fact that she didn’t want to lead a guy on just for the game of things.

Poor Gared... Stuck with Kyra who’s not into him and just picked him to stay in the villa. He likes her too. 

What I liked is that she said that she was going to leave regardless of whether Emily chose Weston or not. Kelsey knew what was up and she wasn't going to ignore the red flags Weston sent her way.

Funnily enough, this was the most softness I saw from Eric. i liked that he reassured Kelsey that she made the right decision for herself. That 'soft' side came too late. I still think he was slept on but I also think it was partly his fault because he was too busy being 'forward' to really put all of his walls down. Maybe it'll turn out that there still wasn't much there to him but damn...I'm going to miss looking at him.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Chalby said:

Finally she'll skip into the house, or (God forbid) she jumps up and down screaming, while "Blank blank got a text!"

This show has forever changed my own reaction to getting a text. I'm afraid I'll be out at the store and scream out to everyone 'GUYS!!! I GOT A TEXT!!'

• LOL 12
  • Love 1

Ugh. They’re so setting up this vote to kick off Jered and Emily so that Weston and Kyra get together. They did the same thing this year on the U.K. one and I had to stop watching. I actually think I might give up on this after this week. I don’t really like the people left, and it’s clear they just want to focus on Kyra, Weston, and Caro (the three worst people). 👎

• Love 4

I've noticed that some couples rarely get screen time, too.  Yamen has become the designated side-kick, offering both support and wise cracks any time he's on screen.  Stan39 is right.  All the other couples are just playing back drop to Kyra, Weston, and Caro's Rom-Com.  

• Love 6
5 hours ago, JKLM said:

After praising Kelsey earlier, I have to reverse course and say she made the wrong decision. I think it reflects two things: shortsightedness and low self-esteem.

There was still time in this game to turn things around; absolutely no need to throw in the towel voluntarily.

But what if she was really that hurt?  And she just simply isn't strong enough to watch Weston parade around with Emily for the rest of the show?  I wouldn't blame her if that was the case.  It would have been nice to do a favour to keep Eric around though (for us) and then she could bail later.  But eh.  Maybe her feelings and pride were too hurt.  Weston's the worst.

• Love 7

Weston is traaaaassssshhh. Why is he still talking shit about Kelsey? She made it so easy for him, and he can't just let her go with dignity; he has to keep talking to everyone about how "simple" she is and, worse, talking to Emily about how he and Kelsey "flirted" but it was nothing like his relationship with her. Which, if I remember correctly, is pretty much word-for-word what he told Kelsey about Katrina.

I wish we could have seen this self-assured Kelsey all along. She doesn't need to be that awestruck man-pleaser that she was with Weston. That only works on guys like him anyway, and someone like him is a person to be avoided. And similarly with Eric and all his "I go after what I want" business; he seemed like an okay guy at the end, he was goofy and good-natured when he found out that Emily immediately left her date with him to go on another date, he was kind to Kelsey, and Ray obviously loves him. I think there are just too many people on the show so we only get to see the parts of their personalities that move the story along.

11 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I dislike Weston more and more with every passing second.  Bragging that he's slept with 63 women on national TV, at his young age.  My god! I'm so sorry for my Puritan side to come out.  You know it had to come out at some point.

Heh. I'm prudish about what I watch (the Hideaway scenes on this show are me averting my eyes until the song is over), but I'm not too bothered about that number of women, except for the score-keeping aspect that @Lady Calypso mentioned. 63 is such a specific number that it wouldn't surprise me if Weston literally has a piece of paper somewhere with a numbered list and, probably, ratings.

14 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Ugh. They’re so setting up this vote to kick off Jered and Emily so that Weston and Kyra get together.

I think so too, but I'm okay with that. Emily is not all that interesting and poor Jered! Did Kyra even talk to him at all this episode? Narrator made me laugh when he said Jered getting a text was the most action he'd had all day (although "Dylan is trying to think. I'll save him. SEND!" was better). Kyra and Weston being together at least saves all the other poor schmucks in the house from being the objects of their attention. Really, I don't think Kyra deserves someone as shitty as Weston; she seems pretty damaged to me in some way, which is why she can't commit for even a couple of weeks, but she's not as maliciously egotistical as he is.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

I think so too, but I'm okay with that. Emily is not all that interesting and poor Jered! Did Kyra even talk to him at all this episode? Narrator made me laugh when he said Jered getting a text was the most action he'd had all day (although "Dylan is trying to think. I'll save him. SEND!" was better). Kyra and Weston being together at least saves all the other poor schmucks in the house from being the objects of their attention. Really, I don't think Kyra deserves someone as shitty as Weston; she seems pretty damaged to me in some way, which is why she can't commit for even a couple of weeks, but she's not as maliciously egotistical as he is.

Sure, I can agree with this...although I think Kyra is just as bad as Weston. She may have her own issues, but I think her ability to be two faced is a bad look. For example, she was basically buddy-buddy with Kelsey this week and comforting her with the Weston thing while knowing that she had admitted feelings to Weston and she was partially the cause of the Kelsey/Weston drama. Kyra was nice to Emily and flirting and all this stuff, which may be real, but she also had some real disdain for Emily for interrupting her and Weston's conversation. 

So, for me, I do find Kyra just as shitty as Weston. She may not be keeping score or whatever, and it's fine if she's confused about her feelings, but the way she's being so snakey toward the women (and that the OGs are essentially encouraging this) sucks. It's worse, knowing that the show is edited so we're not seeing the entire picture. But the things we do see reflect poorly on both Weston and Kyra. Both of them deserve each other, at this point. Kyra's bitchy and Weston has a huge ego.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

But what if she was really that hurt?  And she just simply isn't strong enough to watch Weston parade around with Emily for the rest of the show?  I wouldn't blame her if that was the case.  It would have been nice to do a favour to keep Eric around though (for us) and then she could bail later.  But eh.  Maybe her feelings and pride were too hurt.  Weston's the worst.

Agree with everything except, “parade around for the rest of the show” should be changed to, “parade around for the rest of the day until another girl came into the Villa.” I’m also hating how Weston hears something from one girl about her personality and then repeats that over and over as the reason he can or can’t be with someone. Wasn’t Kelsey everything Weston wanted because he could come home and chill with her? Now he’s all about “adventure”? And we still don’t know what he means by that except he liked when Emily said she’d go skydiving. Did he ever ask Kelsey if she liked to do that stuff?

I think Kelsey made the right call. There’s only a week left and she probably realized most of these people aren’t really serious about this show and she’s unlikely to meet and connect with someone. Plus, she gets to leave on a high note on her terms. It surprises me how often these people think the key to success is staying on tv as long as possible. I say, leave them wanting more. Kyra and Weston were well liked in the beginning and now they’ve ruined their images by stirring up drama to get air time 

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, JKLM said:

If she's really like that, ought not to have come onto a dating show in the first place. But having come on, don't be a quitter. It's not over  yet; keep fighting. This guy is as changeable as the wind; you might win him back. There are also other guys worth getting to know.

Weston is bad in not telling her he thinks she's boring as soon as he made that determination.

There's only a week left so there really isn't any more time for Kelsey to keep...what, forcing a relationship that isn't there? We know Weston has no interest in Kelsey anymore. That wasn't going to change. Plus, they don't have a chance at winning. 

I honestly see no issue with Kelsey deciding to leave. It helps that we have more information that she does, but she made a good choice. Everyone else is paired up. Sure, Kelsey could have chosen Eric or Jered or Anton, but I think she knew that she wasn't going to find love; therefore, why keep sticking around? 

If there was more time, if there was another 2-4 weeks, then yeah, I'd rather Kelsey stuck around. But with there only being one week left, it's not worth it.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, fishcakes said:

Weston is traaaaassssshhh. Why is he still talking shit about Kelsey? She made it so easy for him, and he can't just let her go with dignity; he has to keep talking to everyone about how "simple" she is and, worse, talking to Emily about how he and Kelsey "flirted" but it was nothing like his relationship with her. Which, if I remember correctly, is pretty much word-for-word what he told Kelsey about Katrina.

I know, his attitude towards his cast-offs is what makes him such a King of the Douches. Be careful what people say about heir ex's because you can just imagine what they will tell their friends after they move on!!

3 hours ago, fishcakes said:

63 is such a specific number that it wouldn't surprise me if Weston literally has a piece of paper somewhere with a numbered list and, probably, ratings.

Totally with ratings. And some kind of 'scoring' codes maybe special symbols.

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

I honestly see no issue with Kelsey deciding to leave.

Me either as she knows that a recoupling (or something like the popularity contest thing) is coming so maybe she buys herself or one of the guys another few days? Not worth it.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, JKLM said:

Weston is bad in not telling her he thinks she's boring as soon as he made that determination.

Firstly, he doesn't actually think that Kelsey's boring.  He's a manipulative asshole making up lies about women to justify playing the field.

Secondly, I would not want him to go up to Kelsey and say "You're boring". It would be fine enough for him to say "I'm going to try things with Emily.  I'm sorry it didn't work out between us." and then NOT tell every other woman on the island how simple Kelsey is.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 9

I think Caro is also the first person to lobby for going to the hideaway. Usually it’s pretty obvious which couple will go and the cast decides and the couple sheepishly accept. I actually think it was Yamen’s turn to go as he seems to be a more stable relationship. But, no, Caro wanted it. You could kind of see the reluctance from the others, but once she said it nobody wanted to go against the grain so they just went with it. 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

I think Caro is also the first person to lobby for going to the hideaway. Usually it’s pretty obvious which couple will go and the cast decides and the couple sheepishly accept. I actually think it was Yamen’s turn to go as he seems to be a more stable relationship. But, no, Caro wanted it. You could kind of see the reluctance from the others, but once she said it nobody wanted to go against the grain so they just went with it. 

I  thought about that too, but Aissata is not interested in having sex, so maybe that's why the decision was made?  I dunno.

• Useful 1
21 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I  thought about that too, but Aissata is not interested in having sex, so maybe that's why the decision was made?  I dunno.

But you don’t have to have sex. It’s supposed to be a reward for couples who show the most bonding. It’s a chance for some privacy and 1:1 time (whatever that might entail). Plus, you don’t have to sleep in a room with 10 other people talking/making out. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, JKLM said:

After praising Kelsey earlier, I have to reverse course and say she made the wrong decision. I think it reflects two things: shortsightedness and low self-esteem.

There was still time in this game to turn things around; absolutely no need to throw in the towel voluntarily.

I can't say I hate the girl for not wanting to share a bed with a guy she isn't interested in. Sure, someone could have shown up and swept her off her feet, but in the meantime, she's stuck sleeping next to Eric or Anton. 

It may have been shortsighted, but it was also very brave. It takes a lot of guts to not cave into peer pressure and just continue on, versus being open and honest about how she was feeling. 

• Love 7

I also think down the road Kelcey will be one of the ones we remember in a favorable way. I'll remember Kyra's name because she's a manipulative a**, Caro for being the most annoying reality TV star of the year (which is a lot considering the craptastic crew on BB this season) and Weston for being a dickle. I may remember Elizabeth and Zac because they'll win. But anyone else? Likely not...but Kelcey's exit set her up to show up again down the road...maybe Love Island 2020 or maybe the Bachelorette style show. 

• Love 9
45 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I can't say I hate the girl for not wanting to share a bed with a guy she isn't interested in. Sure, someone could have shown up and swept her off her feet, but in the meantime, she's stuck sleeping next to Eric or Anton. 

It may have been shortsighted, but it was also very brave. It takes a lot of guts to not cave into peer pressure and just continue on, versus being open and honest about how she was feeling. 

On the AU version (maybe UK too), someone who’s in a couple that’s not a real couple can sleep away from the bedroom on a less comfortable cot or something. It’s like when a real-life couple has one of them sleep on the couch.

• Useful 1

I just found this forum today, so go easy on me  :).  What is OG?  

Been reading your comments and I think you are all spot on.  Thought I'd throw my opinion into the mix.    

First of all, Weston.  What a bs artist.  Love 'em until the next one comes along, then drop 'em.  Like others have said, it is so classless how he has to somehow substantiate his immature behavior by trashing the newly dropped girl.  I can hardly understand the guy - and it's not a southern drawl - he talks like his teeth are clenched and he's got cotton his mouth.  And seriously, Weston, 25 years old and 63 sexual partners? Eeeek! 

I feel bad for Jered and Anton.  Anton didn't get much of a chance before getting dumped from the island and he seemed like a pretty nice guy.  And now that Jered is coupled with Kyra, well, if history repeats itself, that's doomsday insofar as finding love with Kyra.

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, DoYouLikeMutton said:

I just found this forum today, so go easy on me  :).  What is OG?  

Original Gang/Gangsters.  Whoever has been on the show from the VERY first episode.  This would be people like Caro, Yamen, (Weston?), Zac, Elizabeth, (Kyra was the interloper), etc.  Alexandra.

Dylan FEELS like an OG but I think he came later on with Cormac?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3

Thanks, Ms Blue Jay.  I thought it may be Original Guest, or Original Guy/Gal.  I believe you are correct, Dylan and Cormac arrived at the same time, a few days later.  On day 4, according to wikipedia.

Edited by DoYouLikeMutton
  • Love 3
On 7/31/2019 at 10:59 AM, Lady Calypso said:

I actually like Eric a lot. Not just because he's the only Canadian, but because he doesn't seem to bullshit his way with these people and he's fairly open and honest about what he wants. He's confident, maybe a bit too cocky, but miles better than what Weston, Kyra, and Caro are doing with the people in their lives. Yes, Eric is still a new guy to the villa and is probably a goner since nobody seems to like him, but I really don't mind him at all.

I didn't like Eric from the get-go, but I thought he showed a nicer, softer side the day he got dumped.  I didn't like that "I am a hunter and I go after what I want" dialog and perhaps no one else cared for it either.  If he showed his softer side earlier, the side Emily was trying to see, maybe she would have coupled up with him.  Maybe Kelsey still would have walked after seeing how quickly Weston is able to set his sights elsewhere.  Kelsey must be sleeping well since realizing she avoided a major train wreck.  

• Love 6

Yeah, Kyra, how can a person like one person one minute and then be all in on another person the next day 🙄. It’s good the girls are finally calling Weston out, but Kyra not taking any responsibility for her part in things is a bit rich. She’s been even more flaky and manipulative than Weston. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

And during the game, Kyra is being called out as a cheater and backstabber, too, but completing oblivious to that point when mentioning how it’s confirming Weston’s issues. Well, at least it doesn’t look like Kyra and Weston are coupling up  

• Love 4

STOP SAYING "AT THE END OF THE DAY"!

STOP SAYING "AT THE END OF THE DAY"!

Oh my god Kyra and Weston are so ********* dumb oh my god at the end of the day!  At the end of the day stop saying at the end of the day!

I've made it clear that I think Weston is -THE WORST- but what he did to Kyra IS NOT THAT BAD, or is not ANYTHING.  They've both had VERY LIGHT conversations about maybe having superficial crushes on each other.  So what?

I think Weston treated Katrina badly and Kelsey badly.  He talked smack about them publicly even though they seemed both incredibly kind to him.  But KYRA??????

To me it's clear that Kyra's ego is hurt because Weston picked Emily over her and she's throwing a lit match onto the whole thing and walking away laughing!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8