Type keyword(s) to search

S01: Week 4: July 29. 2019-August 2, 2019

• Start Topic

Sooooo...I've never watched this show, but based on the following, I'm going to have to give it a pass:

Girl in Black Dress: So before I tell you who the Boy I Will Couple With Is, that is the boy I choose for coupling, is that the coupling boy I choose, well, first I didn't give him a chance, and by him I mean the boy I'm selectioning for coupling forthwith, but now that I've had time to think about the coupling and the boy, I can only tell you that this boy that I'm going to choose to couple with deserves a second chance to be the selected couple with me boy. That boy I choose to couple with i, in so far as I'm willing to couple is....

(2-Minute Pause while camera pans to all the not at all suspense-filled potential boys of coupling)...

...that boy is....

(Another 2-Minute Pause while camera pans to apprehensive looking female contestants who I assume are worried that she's gonna pick the boy THEY wanna couple with)

...the chosen coupling one I'm going to couple with is...

Me: Get On With It!!!! [/Monty Python]

(Another 30-seconds of awkward silence while camera cuts to long-shot)

Girl: The boy I have chosen for coupling is...

Entire Crew and Cast, Coupled and Not Coupled: GET ON WITH IT!!!!

is....ERIC.

ME: FINALLY!!! (click)

I guess this is a regular thing since you guys aren't snarking about it!

P.S. I can't remember the Coupled Boys name for the life of me.

• LOL 4
Just now, Ms Blue Jay said:

I'm going to be sooOSOOSOSOSOOSOosoOSOSOSOSOSOSOSO pissed if Yamen is leaving instead of Weston!  And Elizabeth crying really scares me that it's going this way!  

It feels like Yamen dumping Alanna somehow put him on the audience’s permanent shit list. Either people hate him or (if the votes aren’t real and producers just do whatever they want) the producers hate him. 

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

It feels like Yamen dumping Alanna somehow put him on the audience’s permanent shit list. Either people hate him or (if the votes aren’t real and producers just do whatever they want) the producers hate him. 

I thought the public had gotten over Yamen dumping Alanna, that was ages ago in tv time, so I was surprised to see him/them in danger of leaving.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I thought the public had gotten over Yamen dumping Alanna, that was ages ago in tv time, so I was surprised to see him/them in danger of leaving.

I would have thought, but didn’t they get called out a lot during the game, too? 

But these votes might also be skewed if some of these people have large social media followings. Maybe Kyra and Caro have fans from before the show that keep saving their butts. 

The look on Yamen’s face said it all. “Again?!?!?” 🤦‍♂️

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Last I checked Alanna is still alive, he didn't kill her off or anything. If this is about that STILL? It's bullshit. That was like 30 days ago or something, maybe 24? I'm not very good at math.

And no matter what happens at least we'll still see Weston on his new show 'Everybody Hates Weston'.

Edit: Oh and I forgot to say that I guess he really cares about Emily so much that he decided to tell everyone he was going to go home without talking to her about it first.

Edited by Wandering Snark
Edited vs. a new post...
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2

Caro calling out Weston was the most sensible she's been throughout this entire show. Weston's simple brain couldn't comprehend Caro's point - it's easy to say that you're so into Emily that you wouldn't think twice about any new girl coming at the end of the show when you know that it's unlikely that there will be any more people coming in to test that. He said similar things about Katrina, and said almost identical things about Kelsey as he's saying right now with Emily. The poll results was hilarious timing for Weston, hahaha.

Kyra should be one to talk about manipulating people. She's just as much as wanting  attention as Weston wants from the women. She chose Jered saying there was a connection and a lot in common and that she was really interested in seeing where things go but every time I see the two of them together, she is literally friend-zoning like nobody's business. I do think that Kyra was willing to blow up Weston's game because she felt slighted that her two main interests were all into each other.

Alex pretty much gave a concrete example of the dogish way Weston has handled his relationships in the villa and she was met with silence because they couldn't defend it so they all just left. They said several times that their comments were not a judgement to his character but how he's handled his relationships there. Weston went to Kyra asking her about where he stood with respect to recoupling because he knew that Emily may pick Eric and Kelsey had become distant and may not pick him (which she basically confirmed upon leaving). I hope they do a reunion just so we can see a montage of all of Weston's 'great connections'.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I wouldn't have put Yamen at the bottom of the list, if I had voted, but his mugging schtick is wearing very thin. I liked it at first; now I'm dreading it. 

The voters picking Alexandra and Dylan as the smartest couple is hard to explain, but they must not have allowed a vote for an empty podium....

• LOL 3
12 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Alex pretty much gave a concrete example of the dogish way Weston has handled his relationships in the villa and she was met with silence because they couldn't defend it so they all just left. 

I couldn't believe what an asshole Zac was.  He interrupted EVERY WOMAN talking and because he was so aggressive, domineering, and interrupted the women SO FREQUENTLY they were at a loss as to how to articulate their feelings. And like you said, when Alex said something coherent he said something incredibly rude like "Well good luck sleeping tonight" and then walked away. What a dumb piece of shit.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Yamen will always be hated by America for what he did to Alanna. But Weston and Emily better be who goes home.

If I recall correctly, weren't Yamen and Aissata voted the most boring couple?  I feel like that might be foreshadowing.

• Love 1

She can't multiply 3x8 and she's going to law school.

In all fairness though I can't do math very well when it's 120 degrees either... its not as bad as a cooking show that I saw where someone (in a nice 65 degree room) gave a spider only 6 legs.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I couldn't believe what an asshole Zac was.  He interrupted EVERY WOMAN talking and because he was so aggressive, domineering, and interrupted the women SO FREQUENTLY they were at a loss as to how to articulate their feelings. And like you said, when Alex said something coherent he said something incredibly rude like "Well good luck sleeping tonight" and then walked away. What a dumb piece of shit.

The only thing I didn’t like about Alex’s talk (or maybe Elizabeth said it) was commenting that you can’t treat women that way (she didn’t say people), and when Jered tried to express an opinion she just mocked him saying, “Who is this guy?” Like, only people in certain couples get to talk in the Villa. I think the guys made a valid point that hard decisions have been made by a lot of people, yet whenever anyone challenges Kyra or Caro and mention what they’ve done, the girls would shoot them down. Weston is a pig, but the whole “Girl Power we’re sticking up for women” schtick didn’t work for me. The announcer even made the same point after one of Kyra’s holier than though comments, “Yeah, I’m sure Cashel, Eric, and what’s his name would agree with you.” Kyra tried to defend herself that she was always honest with Cashel, but we even have talking heads from Cashel where he’s calling Kyra out for playing a game.  I think Kyra even started the conversation with Weston about them recoupling, so to then use that against him was pretty shady. 

I also thought Zac made a good point that Weston’s feelings were hurt and if they truly cared about him they’d seek to fix it. That’s 100% true. You can’t control what other people do, but you can control your own actions, and none of the girls cared to talk to Weston to see how they affected him (this after they’d been saying all along what a great friend he is to them). 

I don’t know. As I said, I think Weston sucks, but denying the shady stuff Caro and Kyra did just makes the women hypocrites. But I also wouldn’t be surprised if Caro and Kyra have the biggest social media followings outside the Villa and one of them wins this thing and uses that to justify their behavior. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Shadow Wave said:

I wouldn't have put Yamen at the bottom of the list, if I had voted, but his mugging schtick is wearing very thin. I liked it at first; now I'm dreading it. 

I agree about the mugging, and if he leaves I think that's the thing that did him in, not ditching Alanna.  He needs to calm down and stop acting like a six year old because the mugging is not cute.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Stan39 said:

The only thing I didn’t like about Alex’s talk (or maybe Elizabeth said it) was commenting that you can’t treat women that way (she didn’t say people), and when Jered tried to express an opinion she just mocked him saying, “Who is this guy?” Like, only people in certain couples get to talk in the Villa

That's a fair point. The OG Squad is EXTREMELY cliquey, so I note that they always dismiss any of the newbies. Dylan is an exception because he's with Alexandra and it feels like he's part of the OG Squad (he only arrived at the villa a couple of days after the first group). 

But I did laugh at Alex's comment about Jered, which is a shame. It WAS wrong, but it was also funny for me since Jered IS so new and he doesn't have an idea of what's going on. He's only arrived at the tail end of it. So him speaking up during the Weston drama was odd. He should have pulled a Dylan and stayed silent. He didn't need to get involved at all. 

1 hour ago, Stan39 said:

I don’t know. As I said, I think Weston sucks, but denying the shady stuff Caro and Kyra did just makes the women hypocrites. But I also wouldn’t be surprised if Caro and Kyra have the biggest social media followings outside the Villa and one of them wins this thing and uses that to justify their behavior. 

For sure about the hypocritical behaviour of Kyra. Caro's a bit different, although not totally. She's flirted with all of the men but she hasn't led any of them on, at least. She should be called out on her bouncing from guy to guy, but she hasn't deceived them in the way that Kyra has. 

Kyra's just as bad as Weston and I stand by that wholeheartedly. She started all of this. She twisted the truth to make her look like a victim when she was an active participant in all of Weston's recent drama. She's the one making flirty eyes at him while he's with other women. She initiated the conversation with Emily. She's the one to "accidentally" spill too much on the Weston/Kyra stuff, all because she didn't get paired with him and had to choose Jered instead. Kyra is a master manipulator, for sure. If any of the guys could call Kyra out, I'd stan them (yes, even Zac). 

I get that Weston's feelings were hurt and I do think that the girls took it a bit too far, but I did love the way Caro and Alex handled things with Weston. I don't think it helped that Weston decided to throw his version of a temper tantrum once he was called out on his wrongful decisions on how he treated girls like Katrina and Kelsey. Caro, in particular, really gained some points with me. I still don't think she's into Ray at all and just is there to get to the end, but Caro dropped the baby voice and her attractiveness suddenly shot up for me. Same with Alex, who may come across as bitchy in some scenarios but she seems rather sweet, otherwise. I also appreciated Elizabeth speaking up and standing against Zac. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Stan39 said:

The only thing I didn’t like about Alex’s talk (or maybe Elizabeth said it) was commenting that you can’t treat women that way (she didn’t say people), and when Jered tried to express an opinion she just mocked him saying, “Who is this guy?” Like, only people in certain couples get to talk in the Villa.

I'm on Team Alex for this one.  Why was Jered there?  If the point was that Zac was there to "defend Weston's character" then what was Jered's point?  He doesn't know Weston and he was only there to defend Weston because of gender loyalty.  Pretty dumb if you ask me.

I won't defend Kyra in this, but Alex and Elizabeth have been obviously very consistent throughout the whole show and I have no issue with what they were saying.

1 hour ago, Stan39 said:

I also thought Zac made a good point that Weston’s feelings were hurt and if they truly cared about him they’d seek to fix it. That’s 100% true. You can’t control what other people do, but you can control your own actions, and none of the girls cared to talk to Weston to see how they affected him (this after they’d been saying all along what a great friend he is to them). 

The women's point is that they don't like how Weston treats women on the island.  Weston's response is "My feelings are hurt" and the women all have to go and check on him to make him feel better?  No, I disagree.  

I'm also not sure why Caro is supposedly horrible.  She flirts with all the guys on the island, yes, and she did it trying to find a connection. I  don't remember her lying to any guys?  Now that she's with Ray, she's really with Ray.  She tried to see if there was anything with Anton and ultimately decided there wasn't.  I don't remember her lying to Ray, in fact she was very open with him saying she'd see if there was anything with Anton.

Reading @Lady Calypso's post now, I find myself echoing a lot of it.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I'm on Team Alex for this one.  Why was Jered there?  If the point was that Zac was there to "defend Weston's character" then what was Jered's point?  He doesn't know Weston and he was only there to defend Weston because of gender loyalty.  Pretty dumb if you ask me.

I won't defend Kyra in this, but Alex and Elizabeth have been obviously very consistent throughout the whole show and I have no issue with what they were saying.

The women's point is that they don't like how Weston treats women on the island.  Weston's response is "My feelings are hurt" and the women all have to go and check on him to make him feel better?  No, I disagree.  

I'm also not sure why Caro is supposedly horrible.  She flirts with all the guys on the island, yes, and she did it trying to find a connection. I  don't remember her lying to any guys?  Now that she's with Ray, she's really with Ray.  She tried to see if there was anything with Anton and ultimately decided there wasn't.  I don't remember her lying to Ray, in fact she was very open with him saying she'd see if there was anything with Anton.

There’s a story I heard once about a young girl and her father coming across an old pan handler begging for money. The father gives the man $20 and afterwards the daughter asks him why he did that, because she’s pretty sure the guy was just going to blow the money on alcohol. “What he does with that money is his choice, but me seeing another man suffering and choosing to ignore it is mine.” I always think about this in different circumstances. Nobody HAS to do anything, and Weston could have been milking everything just for attention. That’s on him. But in that moment the guys were telling the girls that they hurt one of their supposed friend’s feelings and none of them made any effort to even talk to him. That’s on them. I don’t know, I would like to think if I called out my friend for doing something shady and that made him upset I’d still want to be his friend and check on him to see where he’s at and maintain the friendship.

As for Caro and Kyra, I don’t think they’re doing the SAME things as Weston, but they’re doing shady shit. Weston even told Caro at the beginning of the show that the reason guys weren’t interested in her was because she kept jumping from one guy to the next. Maybe the difference is that none of the guys bought her act the way the girls bought Weston’s, but Caro definitely hasn’t given the impression that she cares about any of these guys beyond what they can do for her. Maybe if she screwed over Ray that would change, but Kyra seems to be able to screw over whoever she wants and not get called out so who knows. 

I respected Caro’s response to Weston, I thought her comments were valid about him standing by his words now because the game is almost over. For once she seemed articulate and genuine.

• Love 6

Well Weston's feelings could be hurt because of something valid, like somebody being a jerk to him for no reason.  Or Weston's feelings could be hurt because of circumstances he brought upon himself and him only being hurt because somebody pointed out his lying, scheming behaviour.  I think both scenarios are different, and I wouldn't be so sympathetic to the latter while I might be very sympathetic to the former. 

• Love 6

Thoughts on the show as a whole: I have never seen such a mature group of people on a reality show. Except for the Weston thing, there has been almost no drama. Kudos to the participants. But, unfortunately, it has made for a pretty boring show.

Weston is just a player. A boring cowboy player. He's been through enough women on the show that the female participants figured it out. I never figured out what the women (oops, girls) saw in that particular man (oops, boy) anyway. Glad he was taken down a peg.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Well Weston's feelings could be hurt because of something valid, like somebody being a jerk to him for no reason.  Or Weston's feelings could be hurt because of circumstances he brought upon himself and him only being hurt because somebody pointed out his lying, scheming behaviour.  I think both scenarios are different, and I wouldn't be so sympathetic to the latter while I might be very sympathetic to the former. 

I just think if the roles were reversed, say Ray asked the boys about Caro and they said to watch out because she’s flirted with all the guys and maybe not genuine. I could see Caro being really upset by that but even if the guys thought she was just trying to get attention they’d probably apologize for making her feel bad. They’d at least check on her. These people are supposed to be friends. Kyra was particularly callous about what she thought Weston was doing, all while not even talking to him about it. She went from being his best friend, telling girls he was the hidden gem of the house, to wanting to recouple with him, to all of a sudden he treats women poorly and he’s faking his emotions. Mostly I just can’t stand Kyra. 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I do think that Kyra was willing to blow up Weston's game because she felt slighted that her two main interests were all into each other.

I would even take it a step further and say that Kyra's only interested in them because they are interested in each other.  She just wants to be at the center of the drama all the time and didn't like that the Weston/Kelsey/Emily debacle took attention away from her.  I knew someone like her once, she only wanted someone if they were with someone else.  The minute she got "exclusive" rights, she would get bored and move on.

• Love 9

I don't believe I know any of the ins and outs of any of the supposed friendships on this island.  Maybe some of the OGs downright hate each other.  There's a whole bunch of them.  I kind of doubt they all love each other so much.   Weston and Dylan have openly talked shit about Caro, for example. I don't assume that they like her.

I know that Ray loves Eric.  I'm pretty confident that Alex loves Kyra.  I'm pretty confident that Zac likes Weston.  And Weston LOVES Zac.  I would assume Yamen likes them both.  That's all I'm confident about.

I don't personally think any of these women have a responsibility to check in on Weston's hurt feelings.  Sure they may have said things like "Yeah we like Weston" or "Weston's our friend, sure whatever" but I think they were just trying to appear diplomatic knowing this is on camera.  When it comes down to it (at the end of the day TM Kyra) women like Elizabeth/Caro/Alex don't really seem to give a shit how Weston feels if he's pissed Kyra off enough.  Much like how Zac didn't seem to give a shit about any of the women's feelings because they pissed off Weston.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3

That lying weasel Kyra successfully poisoned the minds of all the girls.
The producers and participants, try as they might to create fake scenarios, sooner or later, a person's true nature is revealed.

These girls were all Kumbaya until they leapt at the chance to condemn a man for the crime of being loved. Vengeance is mine, sayeth the herd.

• Love 4

Elizabeth is the most beautiful but she looked ugly tonight.
Alexandra is next, except when she plasters on that bronze colored face.
Zac is the handsomest. That model dude was right, Zac should be a model,
especially since he's a checkout boy.

The narrator is hilarious. Very clever and a very welcome change from the usual drivel one might expect for such a show.
I'm sure there's a writer but with Matthew's delivery, it sounds like he's also a writer.
It's the perfect touch to lighten our mood when the houseguests become unbearably ponderous.

Everyone was shocked that Kyra and her non-mate were safe.
I never found her to be attractive and on the inside, she is extremely ugly.

• Love 4

I thought it was so funny that Kyra talked all this smack about Weston to Emily and then when Weston confronted all the women about it, Kyra stayed mostly silent and let all the other women take the blame for it!  She is so horrible!  Then when Weston walked away, Kyra was like HOW DARE HE? HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HOW DARE HE?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, Stan39 said:

18 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Last I checked Alanna is still alive, he didn't kill her off or anything. If this is about that STILL? It's bullshit. That was like 30 days ago or something, maybe 24? I'm not very good at math.

Yep, twitter got mad at Yamen for breaking up the black power couple and dumping a dark-skinned black girl for a white girl. People were saying they "always knew he wanted a white girl" with the implication being his dating preferences were racist/colorist. Ironically he's been coupled up with Aissata ever since Christian got booted in the first failed attempt to kick him off and hasn't shown interest in any other girls, but people still want revenge for Yamen "leading Alana on." His only crime was not being interested in someone with no relationship experience who was acting like a high schooler, but twitter was petty and assumed he was racist. Notice he never once took issue with Aissata's virginity because she was mature about it. The show hashtag is still full of Alana stans encouraging everyone to dump Yamen as punishment, which is a shame, because Aissata is awesome, whereas that sunburned ye ye bitch Weston can apparently crawl into a new bed every week and people are just now noticing.

Edited by SnarkEnthusiast
  • Love 7
26 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

I just think if the roles were reversed, say Ray asked the boys about Caro and they said to watch out because she’s flirted with all the guys and maybe not genuine. I could see Caro being really upset by that but even if the guys thought she was just trying to get attention they’d probably apologize for making her feel bad. They’d at least check on her. These people are supposed to be friends. Kyra was particularly callous about what she thought Weston was doing, all while not even talking to him about it. She went from being his best friend, telling girls he was the hidden gem of the house, to wanting to recouple with him, to all of a sudden he treats women poorly and he’s faking his emotions. Mostly I just can’t stand Kyra. 

They've said enough about her behind her back and never to her face. If word got back to Caro, they would apologize because they got caught, not because they didn't believe what they've been saying about her. The women tried to assure Weston that their opinions about him and his relationships in the house was not a reflection of what they thought of him as a person overall and I think that's sufficient on their part in trying to make clear that they have zero intention of hurting his feelings or even interfering with his relationship. They simply answered honestly, especially after seeing how he handled the Kelsey situation. I question Kyra's intentions in outing Weston's behaviour but the others I thought were being honest with Emily and were trying to be as kind to Weston as possible, letting him know how he was coming across and what they thought about how he handled his relationships in the villa. It's not like Weston hasn't had opinions about how the other guys and girls have been handling their relationships.

• Love 8

I don’t think Yemen dumped Alana; I think Alana either wasn’t ready for the show, or she just wasn’t as interested in Yemen as she thought she might be. At the end of the day Yemen read the writing on the wall and got out of Dodge and hit the road, Jack.

I can’t fit any more clichés into that sentence. 

21 hours ago, DoYouLikeMutton said:

I feel bad for Jered and Anton.  Anton didn't get much of a chance before getting dumped from the island and he seemed like a pretty nice guy.  And now that Jered is coupled with Kyra, well, if history repeats itself, that's doomsday insofar as finding love with Kyra.

Me, too. Anton especially seemed like a nice guy. 

20 hours ago, Stan39 said:

And during the game, Kyra is being called out as a cheater and backstabber, too, but completing oblivious to that point when mentioning how it’s confirming Weston’s issues. Well, at least it doesn’t look like Kyra and Weston are coupling up  

Kyra being a hypocrite doesn’t mean she was wrong about Weston. 

16 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Alex pretty much gave a concrete example of the dogish way Weston has handled his relationships in the villa and she was met with silence because they couldn't defend it so they all just left. They said several times that their comments were not a judgement to his character but how he's handled his relationships there. Weston went to Kyra asking her about where he stood with respect to recoupling because he knew that Emily may pick Eric and Kelsey had become distant and may not pick him (which she basically confirmed upon leaving). I hope they do a reunion just so we can see a montage of all of Weston's 'great connections'.

And Weston kept saying, “I’ve had their (the women’s) backs from Day 1.” How? What does that even mean? I’ve watched every minute of this show and I haven’t seen it. Granted, there’s a lot we don’t see, but still. 

Weston and Kyra both have their problems, but I find Kyra slightly more redeemable. Weston has never encountered the phrase, “The unexamined life is not worth living,” and wouldn’t understand it if he did. He’s spoiled rotten and expects everything to go his way. If that doesn’t happen, it’s never his fault. 

Kyra seems to me to be a perfectionist, which leads her to believe that the grass is always greener on the other side. She can’t settle for one relationship because she fears she might meet the perfect partner just around the corner. You would not want to be behind her in the line at an ice cream shop. I wish she was gone, but I don’t think she has a chance of winning.

Alex and Caro (!) did a good job of laying out their points about Weston, and Zac did a poor job of listening. They went out of their way not to label him as a terrible person or anything close to that; instead of an ad hominem attack, they explained that they had seen the same pattern in his dealings with every woman he had coupled up with in the house. That’s what they told Emily, and they did not exaggerate. 

I am still laughing from Wednesday’s dunk quiz, or whatever the hell they called it. How did Ray not say that Caro’s role model was Cardi B? Hilarious, as was Caro’s reaction. 

Kelsey, you’ve had a lucky escape. 

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, Raa said:

The narrator is hilarious. Very clever and a very welcome change from the usual drivel one might expect for such a show.
I'm sure there's a writer but with Matthew's delivery, it sounds like he's also a writer.
It's the perfect touch to lighten our mood when the houseguests become unbearably ponderous.

I've tried freeze-framing the credits, but have never been able to find any mention of writers. There are all kinds of production assistants and even "talent wranglers," IIRC, which makes it sound like the contestants are herded into a corral and roped before bring branded. Or maybe tattooed.

If Matthew is writing all of the zingers, he deserves an Emmy.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Shadow Wave said:

He’s said a couple of things which made me think he writes some of his own copy, if not all. Something to the effect of, “The couples get to sleep, but I’m still at work.” Anyway, he’s a big part of the show for me, too.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Kris117 said:

And Weston kept saying, “I’ve had their (the women’s) backs from Day 1.”

"If people don't feel I'm genuine at the end of the day, like, why have I been here being so awesome to these people?" Actual dillhole quote.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, Kris117 said:

And Weston kept saying, “I’ve had their (the women’s) backs from Day 1.” How? What does that even mean? I’ve watched every minute of this show and I haven’t seen it. Granted, there’s a lot we don’t see, but still.

Weston and Kyra both have their problems, but I find Kyra slightly more redeemable. Weston has never encountered the phrase, “The unexamined life is not worth living,” and wouldn’t understand it if he did. He’s spoiled rotten and expects everything to go his way. If that doesn’t happen, it’s never his fault.

Kyra seems to me to be a perfectionist, which leads her to believe that the grass is always greener on the other side. She can’t settle for one relationship because she fears she might meet the perfect partner just around the corner. You would not want to be behind her in the line at an ice cream shop. I wish she was gone, but I don’t think she has a chance of winning.

Alex and Caro (!) did a good job of laying out their points about Weston, and Zac did a poor job of listening. They went out of their way not to label him as a terrible person or anything close to that; instead of an ad hominem attack, they explained that they had seen the same pattern in his dealings with every woman he had coupled up with in the house. That’s what they told Emily, and they did not exaggerate.

I am still laughing from Wednesday’s dunk quiz, or whatever the hell they called it. How did Ray not say that Caro’s role model was Cardi B? Hilarious, as was Caro’s reaction. 

Kelsey, you’ve had a lucky escape. 

I saw an ET interview with Katrina and Cashel and Katrina confirmed that Weston did in fact say all the same things to her that he has said to Kelsey and Emily. When Caro called him out, Weston denied ever telling a woman that he wouldn't be interested in new women coming in because he wanted to focus on the relationship he was in but Katrina confirmed that he said that to her and he did say that to Kelsey and even lied to Kelsey's face telling her that he told Emily he was happy with her when he was really telling Emily that he was into her and open to seeing where things go because Emily is exactly the kind of girl he's looking for. Weston also proclaimed that he finally found a woman that he thinks he could make it in the real world with...he said the same thing about Kelsey and I think Katrina as well. Cashel tried to defend his behaviour as not being manipulative but that Weston is just a primal man that gets easily distracted by the fresh blood around him but Katrina pointed out that if that's how he is, he shouldn't be saying the things he's saying to the women and reusing lines. Cashel did agree with Katrina.

Katrina also said that the women told her that Weston has this ability to make a girl feel comfortable and really open up to him which makes the girl feel like his attention is undivided and special to her. This apparently isn't new information coming from the women. Many of them were spotting the signs before Kelsey's departure.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Useful 4
  • Love 6

I wonder if the original show brings back Islanders who had an unfortunate time on the show for the next season.  Next summer, it would be nice to see  Anton, Marli, and possibly Kelsey and Alana have a second chance.  

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

I just randomly remembered that for about a minute there was a guy named George on this show.

And I think I remember him being kinda hot.

This baby stuff is stoopid.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I saw an ET interview with Katrina and Cashel and Katrina

It somehow never occurred to be there would be actual exit interviews from this show. 😂

41 minutes ago, Suzysite said:

So Kyra wants to look up Cashel when they get home.  Uh huh.  Until he likes her too much and she bails again. 

I could not believe she said that. “Hey, Cashel? It’s me, Kyra. Remember how we were together on LI until I friend-zoned you and moved on to other guys? That was just my subtle way of saying you are my forever love, so I’m moving in with you. In fact, I’m on your doorstep!”

It’s Always Sunny in Villadelphia, complete with theme song, cracked me up. As did the babies, especially the scuff marks Zac got on theirs during the race. Zac and Elizabeth? If freakin’ Kyra says you are high maintenance, you are for sure high maintenance. 

The conversation between Kyra and Weston made my head hurt, and only confirmed my opinion that Kyra is slightly less toxic than Weston. 

Run away, Emily. If most of the women in the house are calmly telling you that Weston has repeated the same pattern with several women, you need to listen. I thought for sure Weston and Emily were going home, but no. 

• Love 3

Man, I actually felt bad for Yamen. Ray was adorable with the fake baby. Of course Kyra suddenly wants to pursue Cash outside the villa when she's the reason he left in the first place. I don't even think she knows her new guy's name. Alex giving zero fucks about the baby was hilarious.

Why kick more people off with two days to go?

• Love 6
3 hours ago, fishcakes said:

I just randomly remembered that for about a minute there was a guy named George on this show.

I continuously want to call both Jered and Ray "George".  Every guy is named George to me.  That George really screwed me up.

Yamen and Aissata being kicked out really pissed me off!

I wish Weston would admit the truth, that he's in love with Zac.  I mean how many shots did we get of Weston's mouth being on Zac's crotch?  

52 minutes ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Man, I actually felt bad for Yamen. Ray was adorable with the fake baby. 

Agree on both points!  I really like Ray and I don't mind Caro at all now that she's with him.

Regarding this Baby episode, there was an infamous episode of Project Runway, Season 10 where they forced the designers to make baby clothes and gave them robot babies.

The designers were an amazing cast, basically all a bunch of 20-30 ish year olds who all had very extreme / weird personalities.  There was a hilariously dry woman named Elena who held up her baby and said something like "My baby's name is Asshole."  There was also a man named Fabio who got sooooooooooo into the robot baby, he would coo with it endlessly and all the other designers thought he was getting really loopy.

This unfortunately paled in comparison.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4

There was a guy named George? Was he on the first night? That's the only night I didn't see.

I thought the baby bit was inspired. I loved the narrator's comment in response to Kyra's "Should I pull it out?" -- "Not pulling out is how you get a baby."

The "baby decathlon" made me laugh out loud, especially when Zac dropped "his" baby on its head. (I might have rewound that bit two or ten times.) The boys might have been acting like dude bros, but it was hilarious.

I feel sorry for Jered. He came in too late to form any real connections or relationships, so he's just taking up space. (He is cute, though.) I can't imagine he and Kyra stay for the finals.

One of the things I've liked is that the girls look "real" (other than Caro's inflated fake boobs). Even the guys look in shape, but not fitness-model buff (except Yamen, who really got "swole").

Dylan and Alexandra turned into this really solid couple. How did that happen? Zac and Elizabeth are cute, but they are the kids in the bunch. 

I liked Weston at first, but he turned into a douchebag playa. 

I got tired of Yamen's "your boy" shtick, but he was crying real tears when he got eliminated.

I still think Cashel getting the boot took out some of the fun and upped the (unneeded) drama quotient. 

How does this show work? What's taped and what's live? Are the eliminations live? How else can America vote today and the results impact tomorrow?

Edited by SmithW6079
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Suzysite said:

So Kyra wants to look up Cashel when they get home.  Uh huh.  Until he likes her too much and she bails again. 

Or she likes him too much and bails, eitehr way we know how that story pauses. I won't say 'ends' as this process will continue off and on, possibly for years.

• Love 3