Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: A Whole Different Ball Game

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

Not for nothing but this sort of goes to Junes comments regarding Hannah's lack of direction. Look, some people need shit spelled out for them. June made mention of that in her talking head. It's OBVIOUS that she needs direction so what's the prob? She's a subordinate in need of instruction. True leaders don't balk at that they just get it done, not whine about it. 

Honestly...and I know I'll get yelled at for this but I have to say it...

This is such a Millenial excuse for why she can't think for herself and I find it exhausting.  "Sure, I didn't pack eating utensils for a mountaintop picnic but no one specifically told me to!"  "I know I didn't turn the beds down but all Hannah said was turn the ROOM down.  How was I supposed to know?  What'd you say?  There's a checklist?  I don't need that.  It's easier for me if you just come in the room and tell me what I didn't do later.  K Thxbyeeee."

June's complete lack of initiative to do something without being told exactly what to do might be excused if she didn't argue with Hannah about how she knows what she's doing every single time Hannah asks her why something didn't get done.  Hannah has her issues as a boss, but June is the one at fault when it comes to June IMO.  And no boss in the real world would put up with it.  She's lucky she's on a reality show where the drama is the fact that she's too much of a moron to figure things out without a blinking sign.

And honestly, she's at an age where she shouldn't need shit spelled out for her.  She's on her own in a foreign country working on a mega yacht.  She's not 16 and on her first day on the job at Dairy Queen.  

I'd have more sympathy for her if her response last episode to YET AGAIN not doing something she was told to do is to whine about how she's "doing them a favor" and "they needed her". 

Edited by outofbounds
  • Love 14
6 hours ago, biakbiak said:

It was sitting exactly where she packed it and didn’t put the other items of cutlery that she got it from back. There were no other items for the picnic on the crew mess table when she packed it and nothing else were left. It would make absolutely no sense that Aesha would have to go behind her around the ship to various areas and pick up various items. June has demonstrated in her very short time on the boat that she lacks even a modicum of common sense.

Also, unlike June who immediately refused to take any responsibility when Aesha was talking about it with Hannah after the fact she said that she would make sure she triple checked June’s work. This should not be required when the job is literally packing utensils for a picnic. 

Oh, is that such a hateful offense tho? Lol. I just always find it interesting how mad people get about another persons slower processing skills.. Being challenged as an employee doesn’t make June a terrible person. Maybe a bit aggravating for a supervisor but Geez I hardly see someone who should treated so  mean. I’ve learned in my 43 years of life that some people just need a little More patience and work than others. It’s not that big a deal. Just saying..

• Love 2
1 hour ago, outofbounds said:

Honestly...and I know I'll get yelled at for this but I have to say it...

This is such a Millenial excuse for why she can't think for herself and I find it exhausting.  "Sure, I didn't pack eating utensils for a mountaintop picnic but no one specifically told me to!"  "I know I didn't turn the beds down but all Hannah said was turn the ROOM down.  How was I supposed to know?  What'd you say?  There's a checklist?  I don't need that.  It's easier for me if you just come in the room and tell me what I didn't do later.  K Thxbyeeee."

June's complete lack of initiative to do something without being told exactly what to do might be excused if she didn't argue with Hannah about how she knows what she's doing every single time Hannah asks her why something didn't get done.  Hannah has her issues as a boss, but June is the one at fault when it comes to June IMO.  And no boss in the real world would put up with it.  She's lucky she's on a reality show where the drama is the fact that she's too much of a moron to figure things out without a blinking sign.

And honestly, she's at an age where she shouldn't need shit spelled out for her.  She's on her own in a foreign country working on a mega yacht.  She's not 16 and on her first day on the job at Dairy Queen.  

I'd have more sympathy for her if her response last episode to YET AGAIN not doing something she was told to do is to whine about how she's "doing them a favor" and "they needed her". 

Well I’m 43 and millennials get on my nerves too but geez.. Even millennials deserve understanding and honestly everything that’s happened with June hasn’t really reached any sort of level of such hatred of the girl. Yeah, she’s a task and believe me we had workers like that in my time too, before the millennial. I’m just kind person by nature and don’t think petty flaws like this pretty unoffensive girl  is displaying isn’t for all that. Help her out, work with it, and move on. I mean sure she needs work but it’s not like Hannah is a prize to work for. To honest if I had to deal with Hannah’s thinly veiled condescension my rebellious nature probably would have thrown a couple of passive aggressive “huh what? I don’t follow?” At her just to confirm her nasty attitude with me.. I get that technically June’s not delivering but at the same time her chief stew isn’t really rising to her title. Which ones worse???... 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Well I’m 43 and millennials get on my nerves too but geez.. Even millennials deserve understanding and honestly everything that’s happened with June hasn’t really reached any sort of level of such hatred of the girl. Yeah, she’s a task and believe me we had workers like that in my time too, before the millennial. I’m just kind person by nature and don’t think petty flaws like this pretty unoffensive girl  is displaying isn’t for all that. Help her out, work with it, and move on. I mean sure she needs work but it’s not like Hannah is a prize to work for. To honest if I had to deal with Hannah’s thinly veiled condescension my rebellious nature probably would have thrown a couple of passive aggressive “huh what? I don’t follow?” At her just to confirm her nasty attitude with me.. I get that technically June’s not delivering but at the same time her chief stew isn’t really rising to her title. Which ones worse???... 

There's a lot in here that is an assumption of my character based on a single post but I'm gonna breeze right past that to say...

She's not being asked to solve nuclear fission or build a rocket.  She's being asked to perform a simple...in fact the simplest...of tasks.  Clean, carry a plate, do the laundry.  Should I have patience for someone who should very well know what involves turning a room down, was offered a checklist she said she didn't need, and then still couldn't do it right?

Nope.

I didn't say Millennials don't deserve understanding.  But there is a line and June has crossed it.  Hannah didn't get condescending with her until June showed her complete lack of a grasp of basic common sense when it comes to her duties.  

Hannah has done her part.  She has checklists for everything which June does not only not utilize but says she doesn't need.  She's asked her to keep her radio in her ear.  She's broken down to the most minute detail ("When I ask you to turn down a room and I come in here and they aren't turned down, that annoys me") what gets on her nerves.  At a certain point, when are you kind and when are you a pushover?

Guess I'm just that asshole supervisor who expects her employees to know their job. Because if one of the guests complains to Sandy, she doesn't go to June, she goes to Hannah to ask why it didn't get done.  And if I was Hannah and that happened?  So help me God if she thought I was a condescending bitch before.

Signed,

Your Asshole Millennial Hating Impatient June Exasperated Poster

Edited by outofbounds
  • LOL 4
  • Love 15
22 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Oh, is that such a hateful offense tho? Lol. I just always find it interesting how mad people get about another persons slower processing skills.. Being challenged as an employee doesn’t make June a terrible person. Maybe a bit aggravating for a supervisor but Geez I hardly see someone who should treated so  mean. I’ve learned in my 43 years of life that some people just need a little More patience and work than others. It’s not that big a deal. Just saying..

I didn’t say she was a terrible person, I said she was terrible at this job and should for her sake and others who have to work with her try and find something that more suits her skill set whatever that is but even a third stew position on a not very high end yacht should require what she has been shown to require. She can’t manage to remember to keep a headset in her ear.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 6
56 minutes ago, outofbounds said:

There's a lot in here that is an assumption of my character based on a single post but I'm gonna breeze right past that to say...

She's not being asked to solve nuclear fission or build a rocket.  She's being asked to perform a simple...in fact the simplest...of tasks.  Clean, carry a plate, do the laundry.  Should I have patience for someone who should very well know what involves turning a room down, was offered a checklist she said she didn't need, and then still couldn't do it right?

Nope.

I didn't say Millennials don't deserve understanding.  But there is a line and June has crossed it.  Hannah didn't get condescending with her until June showed her complete lack of a grasp of basic common sense when it comes to her duties.  

Hannah has done her part.  She has checklists for everything which June does not only not utilize but says she doesn't need.  She's asked her to keep her radio in her ear.  She's broken down to the most minute detail ("When I ask you to turn down a room and I come in here and they aren't turned down, that annoys me") what gets on her nerves.  At a certain point, when are you kind and when are you a pushover?

Guess I'm just that asshole supervisor who expects her employees to know their job. Because if one of the guests complains to Sandy, she doesn't go to June, she goes to Hannah to ask why it didn't get done.  And if I was Hannah and that happened?  So help me God if she thought I was a condescending bitch before.

Signed,

Your Asshole Millennial Hating Impatient June Exasperated Poster

June’s crossed a line? Damn. Jobs are hard. So far I’ve seen kinks and employees that are rough around the edges. Not for nothing but I’ve handled way more complicated situations from supervising extras needy employees to dealing with customer complaints and handling the wrath of higher ups. What’s going on with the interior, mainly June, while frustrating isn’t really all that hard to handle correct and manage of you are an experience supervisor. Just saying lol 

59 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I didn’t say she was a terrible person, I said she was terrible at this job and should for her sake and others who have to work with her try and find something that more suits her skill set whatever that is but even a third stew position on a not very high end yacht should require what she has been shown to require. She can’t manage to remember to keep a headset in her ear.

It’s a reality show. I think she’s found her niche.. they need drama right so off course June’s inadequacy fits the bill.. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

a reality show. I think she’s found her niche.. they need drama right so off course June’s inadequacy fits the bill.. 

Based on the previews she isn’t going to be on the show for long. 

The closest thing I ever watched that was close to a sexual assault, was when Kat Held was drunk and horny (her word) after a night out and she went into Bens cabin topless.  She was on top of him in the bunk saying “come on” in a very aggressive tone.  It was as if she was forcing him to do something he didn’t want to.  We will never know what did or didn’t happen, but the whole thing was just weird.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Emmeline said:

The closest thing I ever watched that was close to a sexual assault, was when Kat Held was drunk and horny (her word) after a night out and she went into Bens cabin topless.  She was on top of him in the bunk saying “come on” in a very aggressive tone.  It was as if she was forcing him to do something he didn’t want to.  We will never know what did or didn’t happen, but the whole thing was just weird.

In season 1, a guest cornered Kat and began groping her. I believe they also started talking about her pretty luridly. In season 5, some guests trapped Jen in their room with one of them blocking the door and tried to force her to have a threesome with them. In both instances, the victims were told by their chief stews that the victim was giving off mixed signals. People have been sexually harassed and assaulted on this show, but not by Ben.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

In season 1, a guest cornered Kat and began groping her. I believe they also started talking about her pretty luridly. In season 5, some guests trapped Jen in their room with one of them blocking the door and tried to force her to have a threesome with them. In both instances, the victims were told by their chief stews that the victim was giving off mixed signals. People have been sexually harassed and assaulted on this show, but not by Ben.

You’re right, I remember those incidents too.  Kate gave Jen a whistle and I remember thinking, and, what else are you going to do???

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 2
On 8/1/2019 at 9:02 PM, langford peel said:

I don’t think his food is all that amazing to tell you the truth. He is very overrated and we will see it the rest of the season.

I thought Adrian for example was far superior.

Also I think Anastasia is a much better baker. I wonder if will have to bake a birthday cake and bitch and moan as usual.

And a much more talented sexual harasser. 

• Love 3