Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

S04.E09: A Whole Different Ball Game

Recommended Posts

Quote

Johnny Damon was not on the Yankees long enough to learn how to act with class. Once a Red Sox always a Red Sox.

Because as we all know Boston Sucks!

You hate us us cause you ain’t us...but Johnny Damon is a jerk.

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Was Johnny Damon the one who helped Colin pull the jet ski back on board? I thought that was nice.

Aesha and Jack's accents are so strong but I find them amusing.  Whenever I see gross food I think of her saying "that's teeeeeeeerible!"

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

I don't think Hannah is doing that  this season.  I don't think Sandy would respond well to it.  Hannah learned from last season and is doing an effective job of managing Sandy.  Hannah is basically taking the approach of making sure Sandy believes that Hannah respects her and has her back. 

Hannah is leveraging every opportunity where the Chef is failing or the deck is failing to take the issue to Sandy.  First its not her team's failure and second she is able to do some of the sucking up that goes over so well with Sandy by offering her team for the good of the boat or a hug because Sandy is deserving of support.  I think Sandy loves that Hannah keeps going to her for her opinion as long as its stuff like...does this taste bad and not stuff like how do I get me stew to learn to iron or turn down a bed.

I don't think Hannah has taken any of her complaints about her team to Sandy outside of being short handed because Anastasia had to take over as Chef. 

Its already becoming clear how she is going to spin the issues with June to Sandy. She is slow and can't do XYZ isn't going to fly.  Hannah tried that with Kasey last year.  The response she got was she's just a 3rd stew and Hannah was failing by not training her.   That's why Hannah has started rehearsing I don't care if she is slow or can't do XYX, I just want her to answer the radio this episode.  The radio is Sandy's pet peeve of the moment and Hannah will strike while the iron is hot on that.

Excellent point.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

Or, and hear me out here, OR Not having your radio on/your earpiece in to communicate with your boss and be aware of what’s happening on the boat is a legitimate issue that June was reminded of at least 3 times? Not one that Hannah needs to manipulate into a real issue, but one that easily illustrates June’s lack of respect and brain power to do the most basic of things? Communication on a boat is a huge thing, as shown when Ashton went overboard on Below Deck, not just a pet peeve.

It’s funny, a stew could literally be setting guests on fire and it’d be like, “Ugh, Hannah was just waiting for that burn unit to show to get her way.”

I'm not saying I dislike Hannah.  Hell, I was on her side last season most of the time.  She's near the top, if not at the top of people I like this season. 

I think its smart of Hannah to sift through the issues with June and select the one to bring to Sandy that Sandy will care about.  Bringing to Sandy that Kasey lacked respect, integrity, brain power to do basic things didn't work last season.  So bravo to Hannah for selecting the other issue that will work with Sandy.

I'm mostly bagging on Sandy's need to be sucked up to and propensity to ignore poor performance or reassign blame to their managers when suck ups suck at their job.  So Hannah is the smartest person on the boat for figuring out how to manage her Captain's foibles.

On the other hand, I think Sandy turned on an egg timer on Joao's potion on the boat.  I think letting him take the boat out was the last mentor thing she intends to do before she takes the hammer down on him.  I think as the deck crew screws up and the more embarrassed Sandy feels about their performance, she'll start being angry at Travis  + Joao and Jack + Joao  and anchors + Joao.  And she won't be wrong.  If anyone knows how to manage Travis and Jack, its not Joao.  And Joao hasn't learned how to take the problem to Sandy.  The one time he tried he was rebuffed and gave up.

I think if Travis does something bad enough to get fired, Joao might get demoted to lead deck hand while she brings on a new bosun.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, langford peel said:

Hannah is such a nasty bitch. Correct me if I am wrong but I don’t remember anyone serving dessert at lunch.

Adam served dessert at lunch on occasion. I think when you're serving something as basic as a chicken caesar salad, it's probably better to serve a dessert just to emphasize that it's a high end experience.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

8 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

I'm not saying I dislike Hannah.  Hell, I was on her side last season most of the time.  She's near the top, if not at the top of people I like this season. 

I think its smart of Hannah to sift through the issues with June and select the one to bring to Sandy that Sandy will care about.  Bringing to Sandy that Kasey lacked respect, integrity, brain power to do basic things didn't work last season.  So bravo to Hannah for selecting the other issue that will work with Sandy.

I'm mostly bagging on Sandy's need to be sucked up to and propensity to ignore poor performance or reassign blame to their managers when suck ups suck at their job.  So Hannah is the smartest person on the boat for figuring out how to manage her Captain's foibles.

On the other hand, I think Sandy turned on an egg timer on Joao's potion on the boat.  I think letting him take the boat out was the last mentor thing she intends to do before she takes the hammer down on him.  I think as the deck crew screws up and the more embarrassed Sandy feels about their performance, she'll start being angry at Travis  + Joao and Jack + Joao  and anchors + Joao.  And she won't be wrong.  If anyone knows how to manage Travis and Jack, its not Joao.  And Joao hasn't learned how to take the problem to Sandy.  The one time he tried he was rebuffed and gave up.

I think if Travis does something bad enough to get fired, Joao might get demoted to lead deck hand while she brings on a new bosun.

I definitely think Joao will feel the wrath of Sandy this season because of how poorly he’s managing his team. He’s too afraid of not being liked, instead of bringing down the hammer. Jack and Travis are both liabilities who need to be gone and soon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Adam served dessert at lunch on occasion. I think when you're serving something as basic as a chicken caesar salad, it's probably better to serve a dessert just to emphasize that it's a high end experience.

I thought about that too and it's totally valid. I assumed Anastasia went light on lunch because she made them a bunch of snacks right after they boarded at noon. So probably no need for anything heavier for lunch. Dessert could go either way, she maybe just didn't want to give them a ton of food midday. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, spunky said:

I definitely think Joao will feel the wrath of Sandy this season because of how poorly he’s managing his team. He’s too afraid of not being liked, instead of bringing down the hammer. Jack and Travis are both liabilities who need to be gone and soon.

I don't think he's afraid of not being liked or of bringing down the hammer as we've seen him tell Jack off a few times now.  I don't think he gives a shit if Travis or Jack like him tbh.  But he wants his deck to work and to be seen as managing his team well so he's trying to get on their level by speaking to them as a friend and not a boss in the hopes it will get idiot A and idiot B to get off their asses and do something.  It's clear tweedledee and tweedledum cannot deal with authority so in his mind, he's thinking the way to motivate them is to have a common evil in Sandy.  Did Joao think them drinking was fucking stupid and annoying?  Yes.  But positioning it as they were pissing Sandy off and not HIM was his way of being on their side.  

I think Joao is just waiting for them to hang themselves at this point.  Which looks like what happens given the previews.  Is he not allowed to fire someone off his team?  If not then that makes sense why he hasn't yet.  He knows Sandy doesn't respond well to firing difficult employees given what happened with Hannah and Kasey last season.  So at this point I think he's just trying to get them to do the minimal amount to make him look good so Sandy doesn't point the finger at him.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Adam served dessert at lunch on occasion. I think when you're serving something as basic as a chicken caesar salad, it's probably better to serve a dessert just to emphasize that it's a high end experience.

I honestly don’t remember that so you could be  right. I do think that Anastasia is a better chef than Adam simply because she didn’t defiantly go against the primary’s stated preferences for mere spite. Plus her breakfast and cakes seem far superior to any other chef on either franchise including the very overrated Ben. Yes she does need some help in meal planning and being able to handle getting the work done without assistance. She will learn that over time with more experience . Still and all I would much rather have Anastasia than Ben as my Chef and I won’t even mention the difference in how they look in a bikini.

That’s the clincher right there.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

She did put out a lovely charcuterie board before the Chicken Caesar Salad...but the meal still felt a little lacking. Remember when Matt on Below Deck kept doing Asian Chicken Salads?

I agree her cakes and breakfasts look amazing (likely because her mom's a pastry chef and that's what she learned first) but Ben's meals seem more interesting for foodies. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Nancybeth said:

She did put out a lovely charcuterie board before the Chicken Caesar Salad...but the meal still felt a little lacking.

yeah I was surprised by a caesar salad, but agree that the nibbles before looked very pretty. But I would have liked *something* else to go with the salad. Even just a nice fruit bowl for dessert.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Even Mila put out a dessert at lunch at least once it was a boring brownie for a picnic but it was a dessert so it wasn’t in out of nowhere question foe Hannah to ask.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/29/2019 at 10:59 PM, VagueDisclaimer said:

Aesha is very sweet, but that date between her and Jack with their dueling accents was making my ears bleed.

I often wonder how American accents sound to non Americans, probably like nails on a chalkboard.

My issue with Hannah is she expects new stews to get the job right away, if they don't she labels them stupid.  That's not always the case, some people just take longer to get a job, any job.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I often wonder how American accents sound to non Americans, probably like nails on a chalkboard.

Perhaps to some no doubt. And of course a person is going to be tuned in to their own language.

However, some languages are known as being 'sexy' sounding.... french, spanish, italian and many others for example.

OTOH, some are guttural sounding and definitely not sexy, lol

Edited by 100Proof
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

My issue with Hannah is she expects new stews to get the job right away, if they don't she labels them stupid.  That's not always the case, some people just take longer to get a job, any job.

To be fair in her own words Joan couldn’t make the leap that getting the cutlery ready for the picnic didn’t end with just leaving it on the table in a ziplock bag and not packing it in the bags that were going to shore and that’s the lack of common sense you wouldn’t think you would have to explain to an adult. 

Hannah also provided a sheet for turndown service and Joan said both it was self explanatory but than hadn’t done it so she isn’t leaping to conclusions based on no evidence.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I often wonder how American accents sound to non Americans, probably like nails on a chalkboard.

I don't think it's Aesha's accent so much. I've heard plenty of Kiwis and Aussies with pleasant voices. It's the timbre of her voice that makes me want to plunge an ice pick into my eardrums. There's that screechy thing she does where she goes "Awwwwwwwwwwww" and it rises about 8 octaves until my living room window shatters. And she does it All. The. Time.

And there are other inflections. Not so much words/accents but just annoying vocal tics and a sing-songy cadence to everything she says. Nails on a chalkboard might be sweet relief in comparison.

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

I definitely think Joao will feel the wrath of Sandy this season because of how poorly he’s managing his team. He’s too afraid of not being liked, instead of bringing down the hammer. Jack and Travis are both liabilities who need to be gone and soon.

First of all, I have to make it clear that I am in no way a Joao fan. The way he treats women is unforgivable and that's that. But as for managing his team, I think he has actually done a decent job. He has tried multiple methods to reach them which is what a good manager does. He tried being their friend, giving them lists, and coming down harder on them. When those methods didn't work, he went to talk to his boss and he tried using the vague advice she gave him. We saw him teaching Jack how to tell the angle of the boat or something like that. I think it's just that Jack and Travis are simply unmanageable by anyone.

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post

2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Yo be fair in her own words Joan couldn’t make the leap that getting the cutlery ready for the picnic didn’t end with just leaving it on the table in a ziplock bag and not packing it in the bags that were going to shore and that’s the lack of common sense you wouldn’t think you would have to explain to an adult. 

Hannah also provided a sheet for turndown service and Joan said both it was self explanatory but than hadn’t done it so she isn’t leaping to conclusions based on no evidence.

You mean June, right?

To be fair, I think all that happened on either her first or second day.  Both things were simple mistakes IMO.  I think June was wrong for not answering her radio though.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Neurochick said:

You mean June, right?

To be fair, I think all that happened on either her first or second day.  Both things were simple mistakes IMO.  I think June was wrong for not answering her radio though.

I don’t think they are simple mistakes they are basic lapses of common sense that can’t be taught and even more what illustrates a huge issue with June is that she refused to take responsibility for either of those mistakes or for keeping her the earpiece on. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

To be fair in her own words Joan couldn’t make the leap that getting the cutlery ready for the picnic didn’t end with just leaving it on the table in a ziplock bag and not packing it in the bags that were going to shore and that’s the lack of common sense you wouldn’t think you would have to explain to an adult. 

Hannah also provided a sheet for turndown service and Joan said both it was self explanatory but than hadn’t done it so she isn’t leaping to conclusions based on no evidence.

I also don't think being a stew is an entry level position.  Even the third stew.  It seems to me you have to have SOME kind of experience with the job, which is knowing that beds need to be turned down.  I don't think you can just walk in from having worked at McDonald's your entire professional career and get a job as a third stew.  At least not on a yacht like this.  It's not like she's being asked to do anything too taxing.  Clean the rooms, do laundry, serve plates of food...the fact that June can't even handle that....I mean....I'd generally think someone who couldn't do those things was an idiot as well.  

I agree that Hannah needs to train them but she should be training them on the details.  Things like "this is how we fold towels on this boat.", "this is how we serve plates on this boat.", "this is how we do laundry on this boat."...things that are over and above the basic way you would do something.  Hannah does need to learn some patience but I can't fault her for not having any.  The fact that someone needs a checklist to turn a room down....alrighty hun.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Hannah is really the worst. If she really thought that the lunch was not enough she should have talked it out with Anastasia. Instead she is constantly undermining her and rooting for her to fail. Contrast that with what Kate did with Matt on the mothership. When she saw that Matt had trouble coming up with menus she encouraged Bruno to help out to give the guests a better experience. Hannah just wants to drag down Anastasia and get her demoted to third stew.

I think it is jealousy frankly. She hates that an underling was promoted to an equal perhaps even more important position.

Hannah is the worst. They need to replace her next season. Her act is really getting old.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

The charter guests asked for local food on their preference sheets yet she gave them chicken caesar salad and filet/mashed potato/brussel sprouts. That's food they can get at any steakhouse. I would be disappointed. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, snarts said:

The charter guests asked for local food on their preference sheets yet she gave them chicken caesar salad and filet/mashed potato/brussel sprouts. That's food they can get at any steakhouse. I would be disappointed. 

Yeah what seemed to be her initial strength was adhering closely to the preference sheet and also busting her ass to go above and beyond where as both these meals seemed super easy and phoned in, I will be curious to see what the dessert is for this dinner if we are shown it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

21 minutes ago, snarts said:

The charter guests asked for local food on their preference sheets yet she gave them chicken caesar salad and filet/mashed potato/brussel sprouts. That's food they can get at any steakhouse. I would be disappointed. 

Well we only saw two meals so far. I think both chicken and steak are essential elements of French cuisine. If she had served pome frites instead of Brussel Sprouts she would have been in the Frenchie comfort zone. That’s what you get for trying to be pretentious and fancy. Go with the French fries baby.  

Anastasia is doing a superb job so far. Much better than Leon or Matt or Adam ever did. I pay strict attention to the meals and there are very few I remember. I remember the veal that Adrian served and the beef cheeks that Leon served (not in a good way). I can’t for the life of me remember a meal that Ben made that was appetizing enough that I would want to eat it. Mostly he made over complicated pretentious crap that only a hipster foodie would swoon over. Ben was memorable for who he was or wasn’t banging. 

I just hope he washed his hands. I have my doubts.

Edited by langford peel
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, langford peel said:

Well we only saw two meals so far. I think both chicken and steak are essential elements of French cuisine. I

You would be hard pressed to find a cuisine in the world where chicken was not an essential element that doesn’t make a dish created by an Italian in Tijuana French. 

As for Leon’s beef cheeks, Kate never had an issue with how they tasted and the guests seemed to love them, she just criticized that he made them so often which I always felt was a stupid criticism because he didn’t serve them to the same charter more than once. There were tons of things wrong with Leon’s cooking and behavior but that always struck me as odd.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

You would be hard pressed to find a cuisine in the world where chicken was not an essential element that doesn’t make a dish created by an Italian in Tijuana French. 

Actually the   Caesar salad was invented by Caesar Cardini an Italian immigrant who had a restaurant in Mexico. So technically it was Mexican food which continues the tradition of serving Mexican food at lunch.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, langford peel said:

Actually the   Caesar salad was invented by Caesar Cardini an Italian immigrant who had a restaurant in Mexico. So technically it was Mexican food which continues the tradition of serving Mexican food at lunch.

I am aware which is why what you quoted that I wrote said it was created by an Italian in Tijuana. She has served other dishes than Mexican at lunch including hamburgers and an awesome Mediterranean spread so I don’t think having one meal since becoming chef a tradition.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I am aware which is why what you quoted that I wrote said it was created by an Italian in Tijuana. She has served other dishes than Mexican at lunch including hamburgers and an awesome Mediterranean spread so I don’t think having one meal since becoming chef a tradition.

Well didn’t Mila serve Mexican food on the French Rivera as well? 

Like serving beef cheeks and spitting in your bellybutton as foreplay maybe we can agree that these are Below Deck “traditions” that we hope and pray won’t catch on.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, langford peel said:

Anastasia is doing a superb job so far. Much better than Leon or Matt or Adam ever did. I pay strict attention to the meals and there are very few I remember. I remember the veal that Adrian served and the beef cheeks that Leon served (not in a good way). I can’t for the life of me remember a meal that Ben made that was appetizing enough that I would want to eat it. Mostly he made over complicated pretentious crap that only a hipster foodie would swoon over. Ben was memorable for who he was or wasn’t banging.

You're obviously not a foodie, which is fine. However, most charter guests are (or aspire to be). Ben, Adam and Adrian are all trained chefs and have significant experience. Anastasia lacks that experience and her menu reflects that. It's not that what she prepares is bad, it's just nowhere near the same level. 

  • Like 8
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Quote

I agree that Hannah needs to train them but she should be training them on the details.  Things like "this is how we fold towels on this boat.", "this is how we serve plates on this boat.", "this is how we do laundry on this boat."...things that are over and above the basic way you would do something.  Hannah does need to learn some patience but I can't fault her for not having any.  The fact that someone needs a checklist to turn a room down....alrighty hun.  

I wonder if it is the chief stew's job to train the third stew on the little things? We saw Aesha showing June how to fold the napkins. I think it makes more sense to have the second stew show the third stew the ropes so the chief stew can keep her eye on the guests and fulfill her other responsibilities.

I do agree that Hannah does need to be more patient and I wish she wouldn't relish people's mistakes so much. But I don't think she should be expected to teach June everything.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I didn't have a particular opinion on Johnny Damon (other than that I liked how he cleaned up when he joined the Yankees 🙂 ) but man, while they were all apparently nice and polite to the crew, all that talk about lots of sex, and genital parts, was gross. Really dropped him and his "friends" in my eyes.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, dleighg said:

but man, while they were all apparently nice and polite to the crew, all that talk about lots of sex, and genital parts, was gross. Really dropped him and his "friends" in my eyes.

Yeah I really didn’t like that the one dude stopped Hannah in the middle of her job to ask if she had heard him prattling on about circumcision or go on about being all up in vaginas all day. No one thinks your cool dude. Johnny’s wife brought up having sex a lot out of the blue and she or one of the other women also brought it up to Aesha. But knowing Aesha she could have instigated that convo.

57 minutes ago, langford peel said:

Well didn’t Mila serve Mexican food on the French Rivera as well? 

Yes because the guests preference sheets indicated that is what they wanted, these guests did not say that and said specifically they wanted local fare. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, snarts said:

You're obviously not a foodie, which is fine. However, most charter guests are (or aspire to be). Ben, Adam and Adrian are all trained chefs and have significant experience. Anastasia lacks that experience and her menu reflects that. It's not that what she prepares is bad, it's just nowhere near the same level. 

I could get behind Adrian’a food because he seemed creative. Adam seemed very pedestrian at best and when he put the onions in the food out of spite he lost me forever. Ben is overrated and a pissy diva who was important for his hookups and not his meals. He went after Kate and messed around with Hannah and then had that romance with the rodent or bunny or whatever the hell she was. He is overexposed and I dread his appearance on this show. 

Is Call Me Captain Sandy really going to fire Anastasia when she stepped up to take one for the team? If she was really so inadequate then Sandy should have replaced her immediately. She waited too long and it is just unfair to demote her now. Why not work with her to improve her menus choices and meal plans? She has shown she can really cook and just needs direction. Her cakes alone are reason enough not to make a change. In fact that was her big mistake. If she just made a fresh cake at every meal nobody would say jack.

I love cake. Everybody loves cake.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/30/2019 at 1:51 AM, Barbara Please said:

I’d never hire Jack. It’s absolutely frightening that he’s an engineer. He makes sloths appear more motivated, and productive. 

Travis appears to be a functioning alcoholic. I bet booze, and b.o. oozes from his pores.

It is highly unprofessional to tell your employees that you love them, and the proceed to hug, and kiss them.  Boundaries, Sandy. They are there for a reason. That said, I’ve always felt Sandy had the hots for Hannah, and Hannah knows this.

June seems daft, but I’m not sensing Rocky ‘crazy’ vibes just yet.

It looks like Ben will be coming back!

Def not “Rocky crazy”

I don’t think anyone could ever beat Rocky in the fucking nut job department! But she was entertaining. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, outofbounds said:

I don't think he's afraid of not being liked or of bringing down the hammer as we've seen him tell Jack off a few times now.  I don't think he gives a shit if Travis or Jack like him tbh.  But he wants his deck to work and to be seen as managing his team well so he's trying to get on their level by speaking to them as a friend and not a boss in the hopes it will get idiot A and idiot B to get off their asses and do something.  It's clear tweedledee and tweedledum cannot deal with authority so in his mind, he's thinking the way to motivate them is to have a common evil in Sandy.  Did Joao think them drinking was fucking stupid and annoying?  Yes.  But positioning it as they were pissing Sandy off and not HIM was his way of being on their side.  

I think Joao is just waiting for them to hang themselves at this point.  Which looks like what happens given the previews.  Is he not allowed to fire someone off his team?  If not then that makes sense why he hasn't yet.  He knows Sandy doesn't respond well to firing difficult employees given what happened with Hannah and Kasey last season.  So at this point I think he's just trying to get them to do the minimal amount to make him look good so Sandy doesn't point the finger at him.  

I didn’t think of it that way. He was on Twitter last week basically stating that if he fired Jack, then Travis may not respect him. I’m sure he would love nothing more than to fire both Beavis and Butthead and hire functional deck hands. At this point I’m starting to believe a lot of their shenanigans are producer driven.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Just now, spunky said:

I didn’t think of it that way. He was on Twitter last week basically stating that if he fired Jack, then Travis may not respect him. I’m sure he would love nothing more than to fire both Beavis and Butthead and hire functional deck hands. At this point I’m starting to believe a lot of their shenanigans are producer driven.

I do believe that there is producer shenanigans on who can fire people. However, if Joao said that he couldn’t fire Jack because Travis might not respect him than it also indicates once again he is a shitty manager. You don’t get respect by having absolutely no consequences and laughing off insubordination which is what he does with Jack and to a certain extent Travis. I mean Travis didn’t start our great but his attitude has deteriorated from the start of the season and that’s because their are no repercussions for shitty attitudes and no work ethic. Joao is basically not supervising them. I mean he has complained to Colin about Travis disappearing into the galley but he hasn’t talked to Travis about it even though Sandy told him that Anastasia didn’t need to have as much help once she agreed to the promotion.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

I do believe that there is producer shenanigans on who can fire people. However, if Joao said that he couldn’t fire Jack because Travis might not respect him than it also indicates once again he is a shitty manager. You don’t get respect by having absolutely no consequences and laughing off insubordination which is what he does with Jack and to a certain extent Travis. I mean Travis didn’t start our great but his attitude has deteriorated from the start of the season and that’s because their are no repercussions for shitty attitudes and no work ethic. Joao is basically not supervising them. I mean he has complained to Colin about Travis disappearing into the galley but he hasn’t talked to Travis about it even though Sandy told him that Anastasia didn’t need to have as much help once she agreed to the promotion.

He stated on WWHL that Travis reminds him of how he was last season. I think he’s trying the Captain Sandy approach of focus on the good hoping it will out weigh the bad. When a guest has to jump in so that the tender doesn’t pull you or your other worker overboard, it’s time to clean house.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, spunky said:

He stated on WWHL that Travis reminds him of how he was last season. I think he’s trying the Captain Sandy approach of focus on the good hoping it will out weigh the bad. When a guest has to jump in so that the tender doesn’t pull you or your other worker overboard, it’s time to clean house.

But again that seems to be on Joao they did cut to Travis in his bed but Travis said before the bad weather set in that he had to go clean the crew mess and than was on break and Jack was carrying in stuff in the interior. Colin mentioned in an interview “where was everybody” but no one called for them to bring in the stuff when it was actually happening which leads me to believe that Joao thought that only two people needed to be present to bring in the toys.

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, dsteele said:

I don't think it's Aesha's accent so much. I've heard plenty of Kiwis and Aussies with pleasant voices. It's the timbre of her voice that makes me want to plunge an ice pick into my eardrums. There's that screechy thing she does where she goes "Awwwwwwwwwwww" and it rises about 8 octaves until my living room window shatters. And she does it All. The. Time.

And there are other inflections. Not so much words/accents but just annoying vocal tics and a sing-songy cadence to everything she says. Nails on a chalkboard might be sweet relief in comparison.

Exactly. It’s not The Accent; it’s ⬆️.  And, it is virtually unbearable. But, if i wanna watch the show...

People with American accents can have the same or similar type of irritating cadences, timbres, and pitches. For me, the accent is not  THE  factor.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, biakbiak said:

But again that seems to be on Joao they did cut to Travis in his bed but Travis said before the bad weather set in that he had to go clean the crew mess and than was on break and Jack was carrying in stuff in the interior. Colin mentioned in an interview “where was everybody” but no one called for them to bring in the stuff when it was actually happening which leads me to believe that Joao thought that only two people needed to be present to bring in the toys.

I think he just gave up on his deck team. Travis openly had an attitude in front of Captain Sandy, so he would have been annoyed and Jack would have found an excuse not to come. Judging by Colin’s cursing and Joao not calling for help, they’re both just over it. As someone stated earlier, he’s just waiting for them to hang themselves.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, outofbounds said:

I don't think he's afraid of not being liked or of bringing down the hammer as we've seen him tell Jack off a few times now.  I don't think he gives a shit if Travis or Jack like him tbh.  But he wants his deck to work and to be seen as managing his team well so he's trying to get on their level by speaking to them as a friend and not a boss in the hopes it will get idiot A and idiot B to get off their asses and do something.  It's clear tweedledee and tweedledum cannot deal with authority so in his mind, he's thinking the way to motivate them is to have a common evil in Sandy.  Did Joao think them drinking was fucking stupid and annoying?  Yes.  But positioning it as they were pissing Sandy off and not HIM was his way of being on their side.  

I think Joao is just waiting for them to hang themselves at this point.  Which looks like what happens given the previews.  Is he not allowed to fire someone off his team?  If not then that makes sense why he hasn't yet.  He knows Sandy doesn't respond well to firing difficult employees given what happened with Hannah and Kasey last season.  So at this point I think he's just trying to get them to do the minimal amount to make him look good so Sandy doesn't point the finger at him.  

He also stated in an interview that he decided it was just better for him to burn himself out for six weeks, than to argue with Beavis and Butthead. That deck team must be a lot worse than they’re showing.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

15 hours ago, langford peel said:

Hannah is really the worst. If she really thought that the lunch was not enough she should have talked it out with Anastasia. Instead she is constantly undermining her and rooting for her to fail. Contrast that with what Kate did with Matt on the mothership. When she saw that Matt had trouble coming up with menus she encouraged Bruno to help out to give the guests a better experience. Hannah just wants to drag down Anastasia and get her demoted to third stew.

I think it is jealousy frankly. She hates that an underling was promoted to an equal perhaps even more important position.

Hannah is the worst. They need to replace her next season. Her act is really getting old.

Some days I like Hannah, some days I don’t. Hannah is being a brat, because she wants her functional team back. She fails to realize that everyone learns at different paces. Both Aesha and miss “I need compliments constantly “ Anastasia have done this before, I believe that this is June’s second position as a 3rd stew. Also I think June likes more deck work than interior. She was quick to tell Sandy that she had experience both on deck and as a stew.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Just wait until pissy egomaniac Ben is in the galley. He specializes in making stews cry when he is not hitting on them inappropriately. He will make over complicated faux gourmet food while acting like a diva.

I hate the fact that they brought him back. I don’t think it is about the food. It’s about the drama. If you were to fire somebody only Aesha and Colin deserve it less. She is doing the job. Not perfectly but compare it to Jack or Travis or even Joao or Hannah. She stepped up and did a great job.

Who the hell needs Ben? Again! 

Edited by langford peel
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I bet Hannah is going to curse herself. She’s had a fling with Ben before and currently has her sights on Travis (goodness knows why). I bet there will be tension over who she is most loyal to. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I bet Hannah is going to curse herself. She’s had a fling with Ben before and currently has her sights on Travis (goodness knows why). I bet there will be tension over who she is most loyal to. 

They had an awkward flirtation that he ultimately stopped and she got embarrassed by not a fling. But even if they had hooked up he and Kate were fine and they did have an actual off camera fling.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

You know Anastasia is exactly the type of young vulnerable person that Ben would sexually harass as he did with the rodent. Maybe it would be better if she left the show.

Edited by langford peel

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, langford peel said:

......... Ben is overrated and a pissy diva who was important for his hookups and not his meals. He went after Kate and messed around with Hannah and then had that romance with the rodent or bunny or whatever the hell she was. He is overexposed and I dread his appearance on this show. 

I LOVE Ben. I hope all this talk of him taking over as chef this season is true.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, langford peel said:

Who the hell needs Ben? Again! 

So glad Ben is coming back but.....I won't believe it until I see it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size